2021 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

7 minutes ago, Guadaloopy said:

Is Chas a better fielder than Jake?  That’s the only thing that makes sense to me as a reason for swapping out Jake after the game he had yesterday.  I guess Alvarez in LF means Chas in CF?

He's not and I think Dusty even said that part of their reason for the decision is that Valdez is an extreme GB pitcher and thus Meyers' defense wouldn't be as important.  

Edited by Starfleet Command

1 minute ago, kevwun said:

No, he's not.  Dusty is a habitual lineup tinkerer.  And while we're bitching about it, why is Bregman batting so high up in the order?

I was originator of the bat Bregman 7th band wagon, but he really had a good game yesterday. Much better ABs than what he showed in the last 2 weeks of the season.

2 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

Chas has earned this start, he had a damn solid season 

Exactly this, and I predicted he'd get the start today even though Meyers had a great game. Y'all are overthinking this. Chas was gonna start gm 2 regardless because the organization wants both players to get at bats and stay game-ready. 

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, Gourmand said:

Exactly this, and I predicted he'd get the start today even though Meyers had a great game. Y'all are overthinking this. Chas was gonna start gm 2 regardless because the organization wants both players to get at bats and stay game-ready. 

This is why Gourmand is a good poster. He’s Jake’s #1 fan yet can still be objective and realistic. (plus we typically agree with each other)

Edited by TonyTexas

Just now, TonyTexas said:

This is why Gourmand is a good poster. He’s Jake’s #1 fan yet can still be objective and realistic. 

While I would agree with you, your definition of “good poster” needs reevaluation. This is surly. I’m not sure being objective and realistic qualifies one for that title

Graveman/Pressley yesterday was to knock off some rust. As for the controversy, journalist do this shit for hits and clicks. If they can't get clicks by fellacing a player on the roster(ala Rendon, Arozarena, Juan Soto ect) they come up with some bullshit scandal. Keep their fucking asses as far away from the team as possible during the playoffs. Except Julia, she can stay. 

Shout out again to @Wulaw Horn for the hook up yesterday. I haven't been to MM in quite some time so it was awesome to be there for a home playoff game again and introduce a baseball casual to Astros fan experience. 

ASTROS FANS SHOWED OUT!! Houston is undeniably a baseball city and Astros fans were decked out in orange gear. Really cool to see. Drunken high-fives with strangers are the best high fives.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

it’s also funny to me that the dodgers and yankees both think we stole their title. how many championships did mlb plan to award that year?

And I'm gonna say this for the hundredth time...  Yasiel Puig was on enough steroids to kill a horse in that series.  And so was at least one Yankee.

They can all get fucked with their fake moral high horse routine.

51 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

it’s also funny to me that the dodgers and yankees both think we stole their title. how many championships did mlb plan to award that year?

When you’re running for cover to escape/ ignore your own team’s failures, e’rybody but Houston deserved a title.