2021 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

5 minutes ago, Macklemore said:

Bring Luhnow back. I will always love that man. He got royally and unfairly fucked over for something he wasn’t responsible for 

And much of it is because he wasn't a "people" person so the MLB media and old school insiders made it be known how much he was supposedly hated.. 

1 hour ago, TexArcher said:

So very happy to not be watching baseball today.

Its quite liberating,  I went to happy hour, came home threw some BP to my son, long toss...gonna have some wine with my dinner and give the wife a pickle tickle.

Narrator:  There was no pickle tickle 

Mez: fuck you narrator, this is my post

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

5 minutes ago, Bender Bending Rodriguez said:

I feel like Correa ends up somewhere random and a a little odd, like Machado to SD, Springer to Toronto, or Bryce Harper to Philly. Odd being defined as not Boston or any of the LA or NY teams. 

Wherever he is to start next season, he’ll show up with 2 WS Championship rings.

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, Bender Bending Rodriguez said:

I feel like Correa ends up somewhere random and a a little odd, like Machado to SD, Springer to Toronto, or Bryce Harper to Philly. Odd being defined as not Boston or any of the LA or NY teams. 

Detroit has been mentioned

3 hours ago, Gourmand said:

And much of it is because he wasn't a "people" person so the MLB media and old school insiders made it be known how much he was supposedly hated.. 

Luhnow is hard to grade. He was a brilliant GM in a lot of ways and was creative and relentless in his pursuit of maximizing the talent in the organization.

However, he had a blindspot when it came to how he and the org were perceived by the other orgs/owners and the media. He didn’t seem to understand how dangerous it was to be seen as a pariah by them all and how  at the first opportunity they would make sure he got the axe. 

Had he dialed it down a notch and didn’t do things like trade for Osuna or try to draft that child molester from Oregon then he might still be here. 

Edited by Starfleet Command

I’ve scoured Twitter (🤮 don’t recommend it) and all “rumblings” are completely based on one tweet from that Bolen dude. It’s just endless comments and lazy retweets based on that dude’s tweet. 

I’m not saying things aren’t possible. McCullers could have decided to throw a bone to a dude he kinda thinks is a good dude worthy of a bone, but worst case scenario type news is sketchy AF right now. 

I can report that Lance was out to an early dinner with his girl tonight looking super chill. HG can attest to the photo evidence. As he was walking out we made eye contact and I said “go get ‘em Lance.” He said thank you. /csb/

The fact that there isn’t a report that they’ve even given him an MRI is good news IMO. If it were super concerning surely they would have gotten an MRI first thing today?

• Like 1
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

That Bolen dude with bitch moves all the way around.  

A. - if LMJ did tell him something it was probably in confindence (even if stupid to tell him)

B - Bolen then tweets cryptic bullshit letting everyone know he has info and that it doesn't look good

C - Bolen then tweets more that he doesn't want to say anything he will let Lance put it out there but "it's a massive blow" (or something close to that).....bitch then don't even tweet anything in the first place you piece of shit

D - then he deletes his tweets

Fuck that guy even if he is right

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

6 hours ago, henrygandorf said:

well we still have 5 starters, technically. 

if he tore something, that’s a wrap on 2022 as well. 

cool cool super fucking cool. 

Is that a wrap on Correa as well (assuming there was even a chance to begin with?)

$15M in dead money for 2022 (and worst case, $82M dead over the next 5 years depending how he comes back) and gotta go get another starter

I started to say something about maybe Whitley can finally be found money but I think he’s actually dead.

Edited by UTexasFight

Here are the top 2022 FA starting pitchers

Trevor Bauer (opt-out), Dylan Bundy, Johnny Cueto (club option), Zach Davies, Kevin Gausman, Zack Greinke, Clayton Kershaw, Corey Kluber, James Paxton, Robbie Ray, Eduardo Rodriguez, Carlos Rodón, Max Scherzer, Marcus Stroman, Noah Syndergaard, Justin Verlander

3 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

Here are the top 2022 FA starting pitchers

Trevor Bauer (opt-out), Dylan Bundy, Johnny Cueto (club option), Zach Davies, Kevin Gausman, Zack Greinke, Clayton Kershaw, Corey Kluber, James Paxton, Robbie Ray, Eduardo Rodriguez, Carlos Rodón, Max Scherzer, Marcus Stroman, Noah Syndergaard, Justin Verlander

Bauer or bust!