2021 Houston Astros Thread

Planet Houston

1 minute ago, WBT said:

Yeah I'd send Urquidy back out but I guess I don't hate pulling him.  They have had some hard contact off of him.

We need the top of the order to go ahead and knock Fried out to put more strain on their bullpen.  He's really settled in now.

Doesn’t look like we are going to get it. 
It’s time for Urquidy to be gone. He’s given up plenty of hard hit balls and he’s thrown like 1 and 2/3 innings in the last 3.5 weeks. 
it’s good time to do this. 
also- ducking shit Bregs. What the fuck?  What a horrible AB. 

5 minutes ago, TexArcher said:

Good lord.

I don't love pulling Urquidy here, but I'd love to be wrong.

same.  good outing, gave us what we needed, and he can come back and do it again in g5 or g6.

smoltz seems to think javier goes one, but if he looks good i would hope for 2, and let graveman/pressly finish the game.  either way, we need more runs.

• Hook 'Em 2

3 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

same.  good outing, gave us what we needed, and he can come back and do it again in g5 or g6.

smoltz seems to think javier goes one, but if he looks good i would hope for 2, and let graveman/pressly finish the game.  either way, we need more runs.

Unless we score more runs no f'ing way Graveman should see the mound.

5 minutes ago, henrygandorf said:

Yep. Stanek threw 20 pitches last night. No reason not to go back to Javier for the 7th with Maton ready if we get to the left handers at the top of the order. 
Then graveman and Presley. 
that also has Javier ready to throw game 4 in the bullpen game. Game 3 path to win is garcia for 4 or 5 and then baton game from Maton/Stanek/graveman/Elvis. 

3 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

Unless we score more runs no f'ing way Graveman should see the mound.

i would assume he's got the 8th.  next inning is 8-9-1, so if the 7th goes well, the 8th will be the heart of their order.  with a day off tomorrow, i don't see why you'd only throw javier for one inning.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:
7 minutes ago, Tommy Nobis said:
Get your pearl wearing ass back to the dugout bitch boy

It takes balls to wear a pearl necklace like that.

1 minute ago, IDIOTsavant said:

Um, it’s pretty tacky. Everyone knows a baseball field is for diamonds, sir.

I think he's referring to another kind of pearl necklace Joc may or may not have received...

NTTAWWT

Edited by perfectchaos007

1 minute ago, Wulaw Horn said:

Yep. Stanek threw 20 pitches last night. No reason not to go back to Javier for the 7th with Maton ready if we get to the left handers at the top of the order. 
Then graveman and Presley. 
that also has Javier ready to throw game 4 in the bullpen game. Game 3 path to win is garcia for 4 or 5 and then baton game from Maton/Stanek/graveman/Elvis. 

yeah that all sounds about right.  anybody who goes an inning tonight should be avail to go an inning in g3.  

• Hook 'Em 1