DACA, immigration reform whatever

hayden_horn

16 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Like Topeka or Akron?

16 hours ago, Message Board User said:

it'll only improve the food wherever they go. people should rejoice. although i do remember when i first moved to nyc and met a mexican dude from idaho. who knew idaho had such a strong mexican community?! but they're there for sure.

Edited by achooloco

The government is wrong 7 times out of 10 when suspecting that migrant families are actually unrelated. I wonder what percentage of the total number of migrant families they suspect are fraudulent. That would be relevant information to have in order to get a full understanding of the situation. Either way it's clear that Trump is making it out to be much more of a problem than it actually is. 

Who could have guessed?

Edited by WhatTheBuck

More MAGA-ing!

Just to throw a voice of reason into the narrative...having someone die shortly after entering the US/being taken into custody is not necessarily an indicator that we’re doing something wrong. It’s an arduous journey, being undertaken by people short on proper nourishment and care for several weeks. Some of them are going to arrive in very bad shape, and some of them are going to die.

Where criticism should come in is when we aren’t responding appropriately to someone who is in bad shape, but can be saved with timely and proper care. And from these stories, it’s often difficult to tell what the case really is.
  • Like 2

On May 20, 2019 at 2:10 PM, Brisketexan said:

Just to throw a voice of reason into the narrative...having someone die shortly after entering the US/being taken into custody is not necessarily an indicator that we’re doing something wrong. It’s an arduous journey, being undertaken by people short on proper nourishment and care for several weeks. Some of them are going to arrive in very bad shape, and some of them are going to die.

Where criticism should come in is when we aren’t responding appropriately to someone who is in bad shape, but can be saved with timely and proper care. And from these stories, it’s often difficult to tell what the case really is.

I heard someone say we hadn't had a migrant die in custody in the past decade until December, and since then five have lost their lives. The oldest were 16 and the youngest was 2 1/2 years old. We've got an administration who uses cruelty as a policy to deter immigrants. It seems unlikely that these deaths are just a coincidence and aren't connected in any way to the administration's general lack of concern for their well-being. 

• Like 3

9 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

I heard someone say we hadn't had a migrant die in custody in the past decade until December, and since then five have lost their lives. The oldest were 16 and the youngest was 2 1/2 years old. We've got an administration who uses cruelty as a policy to deter immigrants. It seems unlikely that these deaths are just a coincidence and aren't connected in any way to the administration's general lack of concern for their well-being. 

Did I say five? It's now up to six. Coincidence? I think that's statistically improbable. 

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/migrant-children-death-a-10-year-old-migrant-girl-died-last-year-in-government-care-officials-acknowledge-exclusive/

Edited by WhatTheBuck
  • Like 1

The 10 year old that died - the one we just found out about - was in custody, separated from her family for SEVEN MONTHS before she died.

So even if she did have a medical condition, she was FAR removed from her journey here that it should have had no bearing on her death.

Her death is completely on the hands of this administration and this barbaric policy.

Six children dead in eight months, and this seems to be getting less coverage than what Pelosi said in a five minute meeting about infrastructure. 

What the absolute fuck is going on? Is it really that the children are brown and not (yet) American that we don’t care they died in our custody? Will people care if the number continues to rise or do we just allow for millions of dollars to continue unabated into pockets of private prison companies?

Will any Republicans lead on reform or are they too afraid of a fucking tweet? Children are literally dying. <crickets>

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Pig Bellmont said:

Six children dead in eight months, and this seems to be getting less coverage than what Pelosi said in a five minute meeting about infrastructure. 

What the absolute fuck is going on? Is it really that the children are brown and not (yet) American that we don’t care they died in our custody? Will people care if the number continues to rise or do we just allow for millions of dollars to continue unabated into pockets of private prison companies?

Will any Republicans lead on reform or are they too afraid of a fucking tweet? Children are literally dying. <crickets>

Republicans think brown kids dying is a good thing.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, tucker said:

Should we just call it what it is now? We have created internment camps for brown people. 

We can't just have them all running around loose. We need to keep them all grouped together in one place. Call them "all grouped together in one place" camps. 

Hmmm...I wonder if there's a word that would fit that description. I'll have to think, really focus my attention on it. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

Looks like this particular kid had a congenital heart defect. 

The 10 year old girl? “No pattern of neglect, mistreatment, or failure to provide adequate access to medical professionals here. This (and the other 5 deaths) was entirely unavoidable bad luck. That’s why we reported it right away after 10 months.  Because the administration did everything right.”

Please take your bullshit elsewhere. Fuck. 

• Like 2

Just now, Pig Bellmont said:

The 10 year old girl? “No pattern of neglect, mistreatment, or failure to provide adequate access to medical professionals here. This (and the other 5 deaths) was entirely unavoidable bad luck. That’s why we reported it right away after 10 months.  Because the administration did everything right.”

Please take your bullshit elsewhere. Fuck. 

She showed up at the border in a medically fragile state. 

https://www.bbc.com/news/amp/world-us-canada-48375144

• Fuck You 2

2 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

And that justifies us neglecting medical care to someone who clearly needs it? And it justifies failing to have even basic medical monitoring for THOUSANDS of children who've just been through an extremely traumatic experience?

2 minutes ago, Captainant said:

And that justifies us neglecting medical care to someone who clearly needs it? And it justifies failing to have even basic medical monitoring for THOUSANDS of children who've just been through an extremely traumatic experience?

Well, duh.  I mean, when someone shows up in a medically fragile condition, everyone knows that the go-to path is to separate them from their parents, subject them to psychological trauma, neglect their physical care, and then blame them when they die.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Captainant said:

Neglecting medical care? The article clearly states they performed surgery on her in a Nebraska hospital. 

• Fuck You 1

7 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

Neglecting medical care? The article clearly states they performed surgery on her in a Nebraska hospital. 

A single "unspecified surgical procedure" does not indicate medical care. Day-to-day monitoring and check ups provided through pediatricians is typically what you'd expect a parent or responsible party to cover for children. That is not what is being provided to these children.

The fact that your reflexive reaction is to defend CBP/ICE and act like they've done nothing wrong here is quite the reflection of how you view immigrant children. The US government is neglecting children that we separated from their parents. That's not acceptable. Even if they're immigrants, they're still human fucking beings.

Edited by Captainant
  • Like 1

Just now, Captainant said:

Even if they're immigrants, they're still human fucking beings.

Well, when it comes to the MAGAs, this is where y'all will just have to agree to disagree.

We'll go to war to protect a fertilized egg, because all life is sacred.  But beaner kids.....well, they get what's coming to 'em.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Captainant said:

A single "unspecified surgical procedure" does not indicate medical care. Day-to-day monitoring and check ups provided through pediatricians is typically what you'd expect a parent or responsible party to cover for children. That is not what is being provided to these children.

The fact that your reflexive reaction is to defend CBP/ICE and act like they've done nothing wrong here is quite the reflection of how you view immigrant children. The US government is neglecting children that we separated from their parents. That's not acceptable. Even if they're immigrants, they're still human fucking beings.

You were wrong, and that’s ok, I’m glad you went back and read the article. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 3

Just now, Chrispy said:

You were wrong, and that’s ok, I’m glad you went back and read the article. 

I read the article before I made my first post, and fuck you for ignoring everything I said in mine. If you're arguing that a single medical procedure is evidence of adequate medical care, then your parents are gonna really love you when they're elderly and need care. If you think it's acceptable to completely ignore the day-to-day wellbeing of children until they're in a crisis state then I feel bad for your kids for not only having a piece of shit for a father, but also because they may not last long with that attitude.

4 minutes ago, Captainant said:

I read the article before I made my first post, and fuck you for ignoring everything I said in mine. If you're arguing that a single medical procedure is evidence of adequate medical care, then your parents are gonna really love you when they're elderly and need care. If you think it's acceptable to completely ignore the day-to-day wellbeing of children until they're in a crisis state then I feel bad for your kids for not only having a piece of shit for a father, but also because they may not last long with that attitude.

Look, your first claim that this child was denied care is demonstrably false, but you already know that. You’re ascribing evil to the crisis at the border and my view is simply more benign in nature; our compatriots at the border are overwhelmed. 

As for the white noise about my family, yawn. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 3

Just now, Chrispy said:

Look, your first claim that this child was denied care is demonstrably false, but you already know that. You’re ascribing evil to the crisis at the border and my view is simply more benign in nature; our compatriots at the border are overwhelmed. 

As for the white noise about my family, yawn. 

I didn't say the child was denied care. I said their medical care was neglected. You're deliberately misstating what I said and putting words in my mouth. 

As a metaphor: you can take your care to a mechanic, have it worked on, and find that they didn't put the oil drain plug back in and you ruined your engine. Were you denied service? No. Were they negligent in servicing your vehicle? Yes. Would you think that's OK?

By the same token, giving credit for doing something in a crisis state is completely ignoring the factors that led to the crisis state. We don't have evidence one way or another what sort of care CBP provided before the child had to be transported to the border state of Nebraska to receive care (because there's not any cities near the border with world-class medical facilities or anything), but based on CBP's previous behavior of not caring for children - and doing weird shit like tracking their periods because ANCHOR BABIES - I'm not inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt.

11 minutes ago, Captainant said:

I didn't say the child was denied care. I said their medical care was neglected. You're deliberately misstating what I said and putting words in my mouth. 

As a metaphor: you can take your care to a mechanic, have it worked on, and find that they didn't put the oil drain plug back in and you ruined your engine. Were you denied service? No. Were they negligent in servicing your vehicle? Yes. Would you think that's OK?

By the same token, giving credit for doing something in a crisis state is completely ignoring the factors that led to the crisis state. We don't have evidence one way or another what sort of care CBP provided before the child had to be transported to the border state of Nebraska to receive care (because there's not any cities near the border with world-class medical facilities or anything), but based on CBP's previous behavior of not caring for children - and doing weird shit like tracking their periods because ANCHOR BABIES - I'm not inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt.

Either way, you’re wrong. The child in question was taken to Nebraska for surgery and then Phoenix for palliative care, that’s not neglect. 

As far as the metaphor, the child had a congenital heart defect. That would mean the car in question is a lemon, putting that on the mechanic is ridiculous. 

Well, I’m giving them the benefit of the doubt. They have an impossible and often thankless job. 

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 2

Chrispy troll is just trolling you. He gets off on it, or is getting paid for it, especially when it comes to defending the treatment of dead or separated immigrant kids. He’s the biggest defender of the government whenever an immigrant kid winds up dead or separated from their parents. He’s an obvious troll. 

Edited by JimmyJames

17 minutes ago, Chrispy said:

Well, I’m giving them the benefit of the doubt. They have an impossible and often thankless job. 

You're right, it's impossible and thankless to sexually abuse children and generally treat them like animals

Some highlights for you from the report the ACLU was able to get via FIOA:

• Punched a child’s head three times
  • Kicked a child in the ribs
  • Used a stun gun on a boy, causing him to fall to the ground, shaking, with his eyes rolling back in his head
  • Ran over a 17-year-old with a patrol vehicle and then punched him several times
  • Verbally abused detained children, calling them dogs and “other ugly things”
  • Denied detained children permission to stand or move freely for days and threatened children who stood up with transfer to solitary confinement in a small, freezing room
  • Denied a pregnant minor medical attention when she reported pain, which preceded a stillbirth
  • Subjected a 16-year-old girl to a search in which they “forcefully spread her legs and touched her private parts so hard that she screamed”
  • Left a 4-pound premature baby and her minor mother in an overcrowded and dirty cell full of sick people, against medical advice
  • Threw out a child’s birth certificate and threatened him with sexual abuse by an adult male detainee.

You're right. They definitely deserve the benefit of the doubt

4 minutes ago, Captainant said:

You're right, it's impossible and thankless to sexually abuse children and generally treat them like animals

Some highlights for you from the report the ACLU was able to get via FIOA:

• Punched a child’s head three times
  • Kicked a child in the ribs
  • Used a stun gun on a boy, causing him to fall to the ground, shaking, with his eyes rolling back in his head
  • Ran over a 17-year-old with a patrol vehicle and then punched him several times
  • Verbally abused detained children, calling them dogs and “other ugly things”
  • Denied detained children permission to stand or move freely for days and threatened children who stood up with transfer to solitary confinement in a small, freezing room
  • Denied a pregnant minor medical attention when she reported pain, which preceded a stillbirth
  • Subjected a 16-year-old girl to a search in which they “forcefully spread her legs and touched her private parts so hard that she screamed”
  • Left a 4-pound premature baby and her minor mother in an overcrowded and dirty cell full of sick people, against medical advice
  • Threw out a child’s birth certificate and threatened him with sexual abuse by an adult male detainee.

You're right. They definitely deserve the benefit of the doubt

I trust the ACLU about far as I can throw them. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 4

1 hour ago, Chrispy said:

When I was in Iraq and Afghanistan we would bring medically fragile children on the base for treatment and to try and get them somewhere to revive care.  We did this because as the United States we tried to do what is right while understanding our leadership role in the world.

Yet when faced with this here at our own border your response is “they were like that when they got here”.  This administration and pieces of shit like you are directly responsible for this and the loss of our moral compass as well as the degradation of our reputation and you nor the administration could give a fuck.  

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, TexEx15 said:

When I was in Iraq and Afghanistan we would bring medically fragile children on the base for treatment and to try and get them somewhere to revive care.  We did this because as the United States we tried to do what is right while understanding our leadership role in the world.

Yet when faced with this here at our own border your response is “they were like that when they got here”.  This administration and pieces of shit like you are directly responsible for this and the loss of our moral compass as well as the degradation of our reputation and you nor the administration could give a fuck.  

Looks like we tried as well, hence the surgery and palliative care. You don’t read too goodly. 

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, Chrispy said:

Looks like we tried as well, hence the surgery and palliative care. You don’t read too goodly. 

When I see your first response is she was already like that then I don’t bother with your back peddling.  You showed us who you are with the first response.  Move along.

5 minutes ago, TexEx15 said:

When I see your first response is she was already like that then I don’t bother with your back peddling.  You showed us who you are with the first response.  Move along.

That wasn’t my first response, actually. It’s difficult to take you seriously when you’re struggling with the basics. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1