Walt Anderson has tendered resignation as Big 12 supervisor of football officials

Machinator

I'm a gotdam millenial, so that was the first truly fucking horrific front-to-back game I'd ever seen. I remember getting destructively drunk in SoHo that night.

We had that game against Iowa State a couple years earlier where we got a couple of stupid calls in our favor but holy shit the Okie Lite game was an abortion start to finish.

1 hour ago, Knoxtnhorn said:

Two ?'s.

1)  In Sydney Sherman's TX/OSU video above, I don't understand the first call.  The ref that throws the flag is down the field and #77 (Vahe?) is the only one anywhere close to him or in his line of site.  The flag is on #74.  I do recall the end of the game but not this call.  Was it really that bad?

2)  I've heard the Teaff game referenced, but it was before my time.  I'm not sure there's video of the raping, so can someone kind of explain what happened without the PTSD?

On #2 here's a sample...  Baylor has the ball and on a pass play the Bear receiver catces the ball, turns and takes a step, gets hit by the Texas defender,  fumbles the ball and Texas recovers.   In a normal universe the only two possible calls by the ref is either a turnover or an incomplete pass (maybe he didn't have possssion before he got hit).  The ref rules it was a catch and that his forward momentum was stopped before the ball came out. First down Baylor.

Imagine that kind of shit all day long  in order to get Teaff a 21-20 win in his final game.  Most infuriating game ever.

5 hours ago, Nivek said:

Fuck him.  I still hope he dies of stomach cancer, ass cancer, face cancer, dick cancer and gets raped by a team of dancing baboons. 

I hope it's cancer at the very least. Or something slower and more painful.

Fuck Walt Anderson. 

7 hours ago, texifornia said:

I'm a gotdam millenial, so that was the first truly fucking horrific front-to-back game I'd ever seen. I remember getting destructively drunk in SoHo that night.

We had that game against Iowa State a couple years earlier where we got a couple of stupid calls in our favor but holy shit the Okie Lite game was an abortion start to finish.

I unleashed such a tirade at the end of that game that the guy in front of me turned around and said "son, you need to clean up your act."

2017 Farmageddon was the most fixed game I've ever watched.  Very similar to your OSU debacle.  The officials picked up the flags on 3 obvious KSU penalties, 2 of which would have allowed us to bleed the clock and win.

11 hours ago, Nivek said:

Fuck him.  I still hope he dies of stomach cancer, ass cancer, face cancer, dick cancer and gets raped by a team of dancing baboons. 

I don't get the dancing baboons. Would he be better off if he was raped by a troop of angry baboons?

I remember listening to your OK State debacle in the field (TuneIn is the shit).  When Strong get the 15 yarder your radio guy (who strikes me as very reserved and professional) just lost it.  "THIS CREW IS OUT OF CONTROL".

He was right, but I had a hard time mustering much sympathy because I was still butt hurt about the 2013 Screw Job.

I'm over it now.  I honestly think that call/game swung the momentum of the Paul Rhoads era for good.  He never recovered.  If he'd have stayed the course and kept going 6-6 we wouldn't have Campbell.

Edited by Al_4_ISU

17 hours ago, kegman said:

Texas vs. Refs and Grant Teaff in 1992 needs to be mentioned with every discussion of bad calls. 

This is the only game that I honestly questioned the integrity of the officiating (i.e. thought they were instructed to make sure Grant Teaff didn't lose his last game). The calls were so egregiously bad and one sided that sheer ineptitude couldn't explain it. 

20 minutes ago, PencilPusher said:

This is the only game that I honestly questioned the integrity of the officiating (i.e. thought they were instructed to make sure Grant Teaff didn't lose his last game). The calls were so egregiously bad and one sided that sheer ineptitude couldn't explain it. 

There is no doubt.  It still makes me mad enough that if somebody were to locate where those crapbags live today, I'd be down to drive by and egg their houses tonight.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, PencilPusher said:

We were definitely screwed there(FreemanJohns quote).  But. also Okie State- you should question the integrity in that one if you have a clue at all.

15 minutes ago, cochamps said:

We were definitely screwed there(FreemanJohns quote).  But. also Okie State- you should question the integrity in that one if you have a clue at all.

I think we are speaking to different levels of integrity here. - The crew of the 2015 OK State game - incompetent - definitely, somehow personally biased against Texas - one could make the argument. However, I am 99.9% sure that the Big 12 office did not pull the officials aside before the game and say under no circumstances can Texas win this game.

The 1992 Baylor game is a different matter. As I stated above it is the only time I questioned whether the game was rigged by the league to guarantee a result (Teaff winning his last SWC game). Trashmaster G pointed out above one of the most egregious moments in the game....there were others. Given what we know of the SWC at that time, it is not outside the realm of possibility. Can I prove it beyond a reasonable doubt - no..........but of all the events involving teams I have rooted for over the years and all the questionable calls that have gone against my teams, this is the only one where I believed I could legitimately yell "Conspiracy!!!"

18 minutes ago, PencilPusher said:

I think we are speaking to different levels of integrity here. - The crew of the 2015 OK State game - incompetent - definitely, somehow personally biased against Texas - one could make the argument. However, I am 99.9% sure that the Big 12 office did not pull the officials aside before the game and say under no circumstances can Texas win this game.

The 1992 Baylor game is a different matter. As I stated above it is the only time I questioned whether the game was rigged by the league to guarantee a result (Teaff winning his last SWC game). Trashmaster G pointed out above one of the most egregious moments in the game....there were others. Given what we know of the SWC at that time, it is not outside the realm of possibility. Can I prove it beyond a reasonable doubt - no..........but of all the events involving teams I have rooted for over the years and all the questionable calls that have gone against my teams, this is the only one where I believed I could legitimately yell "Conspiracy!!!"

I certainly question the integrity of the OSU crew.  Multiple egregious calls on game changing plays.  Same as the Baylor game, and I don’t think that I care to extend the conspiracy theory beyond the officiating crews to the conference office in either case because that’s really guessing.

• Like 1

There is zero doubt that the OSU game was rigged. We have no idea how or why, or what the conspiracy was, but never in my life have I seen a more obvious example of officials forcing an outcome besides the 1992 Baylor game. And I have certainly never seen a defensive tackle receive a holding penalty on a running play while he was being obviously held. Walt fucking Anderson, to my knowledge, never took Allan Eck's crew to task over this, rather he just defended their performance like he always did. 

I was actually at that 1992 Baylor game. It was the first and last time I ever went to a game in Waco. I remember after the game, going out to the horrible muddy parking lot to retrive my car, only to find that the rapist cunts had towed my car from the lot, where I was legally parked. There were no signs, no warnings, nothing but yellow tape to create some parking lanes. So not only did I have to watch a rigged game, I then had to pay $70 plus the cost of a taxi to get my car back, and in college, that was brutal. Fucking Baylor...

• Like 1

From watching the clip of that 2015 OSU game, I don't think it was rigged at the start.

I think what happened is that somewhere during the course of the game, the crew got pissed at either the Texas coaching staff, or fans, and went rogue.  They were definitely incompetent and just cracked on the Ford hold.  They doubled down on their rage with the Charlie Strong 15 yarder, and that cemented it.

It was clearly biased, intentionally damaging officiating, but I don't see any motive for this to have been some pre-emptive league ordered deal.  I think it's something that developed over the course of the game.

Edited by Al_4_ISU
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Al_4_ISU said:

From watching the clip of that 2015 OSU game, I don't think it was rigged at the start.

I think what happened is that somewhere during the course of the game, the crew got pissed at either the Texas coaching staff, or fans, and went rogue.  They were definitely incompetent and just cracked on the Ford hold.  They doubled down on their rage with the Charlie Strong 15 yarder, and that cemented it.

It was clearly biased, intentionally damaging officiating, but I don't see any motive for this to have been some pre-emptive league ordered deal.  I think it's something that developed over the course of the game.

I don't think it was a league-generated thing.  I think it was a particular crew that has a natural bent against Texas.  The bullshit penalties started early because the guys on the crew couldn't be unbiased with UT on the field if their lives depended on it.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

I don't think it was a league-generated thing.  I think it was a particular crew that has a natural bent against Texas.  The bullshit penalties started early because the guys on the crew couldn't be unbiased with UT on the field if their lives depended on it.

There seems to be a snowball effect of them upping the ante as the game went on as well.

Just now, Al_4_ISU said:

There seems to be a snowball effect of them upping the ante as the game went on as well.

Yeah, no doubt.  The dude who flagged Strong on the sideline after initiating contact himself - he should have been fired before the day was over.  And that is why Walt Anderson can diaf.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, PW119 said:

The video of Strong's penalty is absurd.  The ref basically chased him around the sidelines and then flagged him.  I'm no Al Sharpton but......

haha, at the end of that video, when ricky is saying he always sees coaches getting in ref's faces, he is asked "what do you think is different." you can definitely tell ricky wanted to go racial on it, but stopped himself. VY was less reserved, saying that the crew "sucked." 

the fact that old walt di nothing but defend that crew is to his personal shame. fuck him for that.

On 5/3/2018 at 12:52 PM, Al_4_ISU said:

T+Boone+Pickens+Testifies+Energy+Securit

This

On 5/3/2018 at 8:30 AM, Al_4_ISU said:

I remember listening to your OK State debacle in the field (TuneIn is the shit).  When Strong get the 15 yarder your radio guy (who strikes me as very reserved and professional) just lost it.  "THIS CREW IS OUT OF CONTROL".

He was right, but I had a hard time mustering much sympathy because I was still butt hurt about the 2013 Screw Job.

I'm over it now.  I honestly think that call/game swung the momentum of the Paul Rhoads era for good.  He never recovered.  If he'd have stayed the course and kept going 6-6 we wouldn't have Campbell.

The 2013 game was a poor call, but questionable IIRC.  Texas has dealt with these for years (Melton scored vs Ohio State).  The officials within the conference seem to forget to call holding against our opponents (OU/Tech) and now OSU.   The OSU game was special in that they took away most of the big plays/turnovers/fumble recoveries for Texas including awarding a recovery to the quarterback who arrived late to the pile and stuck arm in and apparently pulled the ball away from 4-5 Texas players.   It wasn’t poor officiating or a mistake here or there, it was outright predetermined.   Someone posted how that crew officiated Texas games in the past and it deviated from the norm, both for opponents and against Texas by a wide margin.   Shit, our game vs USC last year seemed to demonstrate two different rules for what Pass Interference is.  

Mack was correct that officiating needed to be NCAA  based, not conference based.   

On 5/3/2018 at 4:52 AM, Al_4_ISU said:

I unleashed such a tirade at the end of that game that the guy in front of me turned around and said "son, you need to clean up your act."

Yeah I felt really bad for ISU in after that game. Mack Brown was so freaking unapologetic and smug about it, it kind of pissed me off.

On 5/3/2018 at 1:03 PM, TrashMaster G said:

When Charlie got that totally bullshit flag, I wished he had walked to the 50 and completely lost it with the head referee.   Just screaming and yelling and making a tremendous ruckus.   Bring it to light that the the officiating had been shit all game long and the unsportsmanlike call on the sideline was initiated by the side judge and was motivated.   Make the Big XII have to explain all the bad calls and the official bumping Charlie and then flagging him.

And if that didn't happen, Texas should have publicly made application to the PAC-12 and Big 10 the very next day with the caveat that if either application was denied, we would be leaving the BIG XII at the end of the season due to the rampant cheating and poor officiating and would be an independent.  

Good riddance.  Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out mofo.

Is this considered "failing upwards" or is the head of officials at a major conference considered better than an NFL referee?  I don't know the answer to the that, but I do know this....Walt Anderson is a corrupt, incompetent loser.  This conference just got a little less retarded with his departure.

I don't remember which network the '15 OSU game was on or how much I had to drink that day, but I DO remember the tv booth crew was mostly unfamiliar to me, and they seemed mostly unfamiliar and unbiased to both teams. But even those guys became flabbergasted at the calls after a while. Anyone watching that day could see it, even Texas haters..

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

On 5/2/2018 at 3:54 PM, Sidney Sherman said:

Finally. Fuck that loser. Haven't paid to see a rig12 game since the Okie lite game they rigged. 

why the fuck did I watch that?

Charlie Strong should file suit against the Big12 and its officials for loss of income and damage to reputation because of that game.

1 hour ago, Llogg said:

why the fuck did I watch that?

Charlie Strong should file suit against the Big12 and its officials for loss of income and damage to reputation because of that game.

Imagine drinking 6 or 7 whiskey drinks and holding a warm $10 coors light in thw stands watching that. Hell of a day, Ill never forget it. Just glad SipioTex called em out so perfectly. 

On 5/2/2018 at 11:23 PM, TrashMaster G said:

Imagine that kind of shit all day long  in order to get Teaff a 21-20 win in his final game.  Most infuriating game ever.

i don't blame oSu for the '15 game.  i do hold rapelor responsible for the '92 game.

i'm going to ahead and say it.

'92 was about getting a win for teaff in a pointless game for us

'15 was about getting a loss for strong in a critical game for us

they are 2 different things.  and i'll go even further.

i have no doubt that aggy were the paymasters for the '15 game.

a successful black coach in austin is a nightmare aggy could never wake up from.

that aggy were behind it was evidenced by the complete and total embargo that day in the national media... broadcast, online, print.  unless you were a horn and you watched it live or read horn fansites, you never know it happened.  it was so incendiary in it's overt "fuck you" that it simply couldn't be discussed nationally.

why?  why was that?  the media *love* this kind of controversy.

crickets.

On 5/3/2018 at 12:52 PM, Al_4_ISU said:

From watching the clip of that 2015 OSU game, I don't think it was rigged at the start

the very first call on the tape.  Center #74 called for holding by a line judge who was in frame and never looking BACK AND TO THE LEFT when he threw the flag while trailing our runner on the sideline 88 feet away from where #74 completed his blocking assignment.

17 hours ago, Sidney Sherman said:

T+Boone+Pickens+Testifies+Energy+Securit

This

I don't buy that.  If tboone were serious about buying a title we would have seen evidence of it.  "for" fixings are usually done quietly with players on the opposing side; you rarely see the fire, only the smoke.  "against" fixings are extremely rare because they require institutional agency; here you get smoke and fire.  tboone could easily rig bedlam with pocket change.  hasn't happened.  we would have seen it, and it would have been a national firestorm (pun accidental).

15 hours ago, Nivek said:

The 2013 game was a poor call, but questionable IIRC.  Texas has dealt with these for years (Melton scored vs Ohio State).  The officials within the conference seem to forget to call holding against our opponents (OU/Tech) and now OSU.   The OSU game was special in that they took away most of the big plays/turnovers/fumble recoveries for Texas including awarding a recovery to the quarterback who arrived late to the pile and stuck arm in and apparently pulled the ball away from 4-5 Texas players.   It wasn’t poor officiating or a mistake here or there, it was outright predetermined.   Someone posted how that crew officiated Texas games in the past and it deviated from the norm, both for opponents and against Texas by a wide margin.   Shit, our game vs USC last year seemed to demonstrate two different rules for what Pass Interference is.  

Mack was correct that officiating needed to be NCAA  based, not conference based.   

the 3rd call on the tape..... wounded duck tossed, picked, and returned 40 yards.  crowd going berserk.  NOOP.  oSu qb breathed on, takes 2 steps backwards, doesn't fall down, not hit, BARELY TOUCHED..... roughing.

jk/lol.

the 3rd call on the tape..... wounded duck tossed, picked, and returned 40 yards.  crowd going berserk.  NOOP.  oSu qb breathed on, takes 2 steps backwards, doesn't fall down, not hit, BARELY TOUCHED..... roughing.
jk/lol.
Not to mention the pokes did worse roughing to Heard later in that game and it wasn't called..

On ‎5‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 4:24 PM, TrashMaster G said:

That game and the oSu game referenced above are the two worst officiated games I have ever seen.

Same here.

Goddamned refs can be as corrupt as any POS politician in Louisiana or Chicago.