Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

Clickbait like you read about 

Was out in Little Elm to check in on Ohio State cornerback commit Terrance Brooks.

While Texas was very high on the list for Brooks prior to his Ohio State commitment, it does not sound like there is a likely chance at a flip at the moment.

Brooks said he is locked in to his Buckeyes pledge and is hoping to get up to Columbus for tOSU’s game against Penn State. On the flipside, Brooks also said there are no current plans to visit UT for a game down in Austin. Brooks was however at the Texas-OU game.

I will have a full rundown on Monday, but for the time being, don’t get your hopes up too high on this front.

• Hook 'Em 2

Roach on Banks (the hinted info) and Harris 

Spoiler

—Earlier this week, I wrote that I was hearing something that if true, would be a big development for Texas offensive line recruiting. My goal was to talk to more people and nail down the validity of the rumors before putting together a report. While I don’t have everything I wanted, I do have enough to move forward. I was told by a connected source I trust that there was real buzz behind the idea of Kelvin Banks flipping his commitment from Oregon to Texas. This particular source rarely comes to me unless they have something pretty firm, so I thought it was a good place to start. I called around to sources in Austin and around Banks to see what I could find out.

—From what I’m told there isn’t enough to validate the original rumors that a flip to the Longhorns was imminent. Texas continues to plug away at the five-star Humble Summer Creek offensive lineman, and while there are some circumstances that might make him want to stay close to home, nobody I spoke with thought he was anywhere close to flipping. A source at Texas told me that while they felt there was a little progress made, there was still a long way to go. With that in mind, I pivoted on my game coverage at the last second and made the trip to Houston tonight to see Banks play against North Shore.

COMMENTS
—A source near Banks told me that he remains firmly committed to Oregon with no second thoughts on his mind. However, he is considering making a visit to Texas and it could come as soon as this weekend. Texas coaches Jeff Banks and Bo Davis were on hand to see him, and Texas has not given in when it comes to him. While this source stressed that Banks was firmly committed, there was a caveat that maybe a visit could change his mind if everything goes well. Banks is still sorting out weekend plans and it will depend on the availability of his parents to get him there. The initial rumors I heard on this front were strong, and while I ran into enough dead ends chasing information to make me think nothing is imminent, the fact that he could be considering a visit is noteworthy. If Texas gets him on campus, expect the full-court press. It will be a very tough flip as Banks is sold on Oregon and his relationship with that staff is incredibly strong, but this is one the Longhorns need to keep chipping away at.

—While at the game I also spoke with Denver Harris. The five-star corner is set to be in Baton Rouge this weekend to see LSU. Harris said the push from Texas is as strong as any school recruiting him. While LSU and Texas A&M remain in the picture, this one seems like a Texas-Alabama battle. My read on the situation is that while Alabama has the resume and history of production, Texas would be the familiar and comfortable choice for him. Harris said he’s noticed the problems from Texas defensively but loves what he’s seeing from the offense. This one is likely to go to the wire.

• Hook 'Em 4

2 hours ago, Mason Ramsey said:

Jordan 5 Shattered Backboard. Not quite UT orange but still a clean shoe

https://stockx.com/air-jordan-5-retro-shattered-backboard

I will never understand sneakerheads. It feels like the more aggressively ugly the better.

1 hour ago, TexasRenegade said:

You kids with your sneakers and your skinny jeans.  .

Haven't you heard? Gen Z doesn't weat skinny jeans. Fashion is cyclical and all that.

Roach on Banks (the hinted info) and Harris 
Spoiler

—Earlier this week, I wrote that I was hearing something that if true, would be a big development for Texas offensive line recruiting. My goal was to talk to more people and nail down the validity of the rumors before putting together a report. While I don’t have everything I wanted, I do have enough to move forward. I was told by a connected source I trust that there was real buzz behind the idea of Kelvin Banks flipping his commitment from Oregon to Texas. This particular source rarely comes to me unless they have something pretty firm, so I thought it was a good place to start. I called around to sources in Austin and around Banks to see what I could find out.
—From what I’m told there isn’t enough to validate the original rumors that a flip to the Longhorns was imminent. Texas continues to plug away at the five-star Humble Summer Creek offensive lineman, and while there are some circumstances that might make him want to stay close to home, nobody I spoke with thought he was anywhere close to flipping. A source at Texas told me that while they felt there was a little progress made, there was still a long way to go. With that in mind, I pivoted on my game coverage at the last second and made the trip to Houston tonight to see Banks play against North Shore.
COMMENTS
—A source near Banks told me that he remains firmly committed to Oregon with no second thoughts on his mind. However, he is considering making a visit to Texas and it could come as soon as this weekend. Texas coaches Jeff Banks and Bo Davis were on hand to see him, and Texas has not given in when it comes to him. While this source stressed that Banks was firmly committed, there was a caveat that maybe a visit could change his mind if everything goes well. Banks is still sorting out weekend plans and it will depend on the availability of his parents to get him there. The initial rumors I heard on this front were strong, and while I ran into enough dead ends chasing information to make me think nothing is imminent, the fact that he could be considering a visit is noteworthy. If Texas gets him on campus, expect the full-court press. It will be a very tough flip as Banks is sold on Oregon and his relationship with that staff is incredibly strong, but this is one the Longhorns need to keep chipping away at.
—While at the game I also spoke with Denver Harris. The five-star corner is set to be in Baton Rouge this weekend to see LSU. Harris said the push from Texas is as strong as any school recruiting him. While LSU and Texas A&M remain in the picture, this one seems like a Texas-Alabama battle. My read on the situation is that while Alabama has the resume and history of production, Texas would be the familiar and comfortable choice for him. Harris said he’s noticed the problems from Texas defensively but loves what he’s seeing from the offense. This one is likely to go to the wire.

That is the most Roach article possible.
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Drool 1

Clickbait like you read about 
Was out in Little Elm to check in on Ohio State cornerback commit Terrance Brooks.
While Texas was very high on the list for Brooks prior to his Ohio State commitment, it does not sound like there is a likely chance at a flip at the moment.
Brooks said he is locked in to his Buckeyes pledge and is hoping to get up to Columbus for tOSU’s game against Penn State. On the flipside, Brooks also said there are no current plans to visit UT for a game down in Austin. Brooks was however at the Texas-OU game.
I will have a full rundown on Monday, but for the time being, don’t get your hopes up too high on this front.

Huh? So listen in on discussions about a player that is going to Ohio state with no visits to austin? Maybe I’m not following this correctly.

Just now, BornAndRaised said:

the visit or the flip?

Straight fucking flip but this chicken wing eating diabetes machine legitimately put an end to it with his food vacuum mouth. This is Nik Bonitto without the gambling debts getting paid off, maybe his tab at Waffle House got covered or something. Active program sabotage 

• Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

Straight fucking flip but this chicken wing eating diabetes machine legitimately put an end to it with his food vacuum mouth. This is Nik Bonitto without the gambling debts getting paid off, maybe his tab at Waffle House got covered or something. Active program sabotage 

IT is running with him being a maybe for Saturday and a change in their prediction.  Let's hope Roach didn't complete F this up

2 minutes ago, Sir Ulrich said:

IT is running with him being a maybe for Saturday and a change in their prediction.  Let's hope Roach didn't complete F this up

His tweet said otherwise and if ol stuffed crust gums cost that for us I will probably pistol Whip him in one of his chins

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, RGBIII said:

His tweet said otherwise and if ol stuffed crust gums cost that for us I will probably pistol Whip him in one of his chins

9.95era probably cost us the OU game this year by being selfish POSs and I wouldn't be surprised if this costs us more. Hope Sark cuts them all out if Roach costs us Banks. 

Edited by Sir Ulrich

3 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Gerry seems pretty confident fwiw. 

He should be. Maybe I’m overreacting to the kids tweet and things are still on track from where they were a couple hours ago…whatever I’m tired guys and fuck the 995ers (except IT)

• Hook 'Em 2

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting