Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

1 hour ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Barring injuries and assuming people leave early, A&M will have an IOL, RB, and TE taken somewhere between 1-5 at their respective positions. Most likely closer to 1 than 5 for all of them. 

You are fucking high if you think Spiller and Wydermeyer are going before the 3rd round.

1 hour ago, Codaxx said:

Damn.. I shouldn’t have done it, but I looked at the 2019 #3 ranked class Texas had. 5 of top 7 players are not on the roster, the other 2 are JWhit and T Johnson. 13 players are no longer on the roster from that class. This has to be one of the worst recruiting classes Texas has signed in decades. Can’t believe a class went from #3 to damaging the program so quickly 

That's a big reason why the talent argument is hilarious. Herman's highly ranked classes were fools gold. For all of his many faults, Charlie brought in a good number of NFL quality dudes on defense when he actually bothered to recruit. Sucks he was so clueless about everything else.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

10 minutes ago, Atticus said:

Spiller and Wydermeyer both have a good chance at going in the first round. Leal could too.

Leal is the only one who has a shot at it. There's 2 better tight ends in the draft and only 1 of them goes in the 1st round at best. Spiller is a dime a dozen at RB and there are guys ahead of them. There's no Saquon Barkley in the draft so I doubt any of them go in the 1st.

13 minutes ago, Mother mopar said:

Wydermyer has had a disappointing year and is a plus blocker but hes not a dynamic player at the position. Solid 3rd-4th

4 hours ago, Tex-19 said:

Are they really so far ahead of us on infrastructure that they can take one of our top leans, who according to you we were being very competitive with, and in a matter of weeks go from no interest to closing him down? All while bagging up other 5 star auctions too?

lol.  I mean, I know you've been following recruiting for the past handful of years and this exact scenario has played out multiple times.  Of course they can do it again if they back up the truck.  They will continue to do it  until our boosters finally get pissed off and this shit gets back to the old SWC days.

Make no mistake, our boosters aren't going to flex until they are embarrassed.  They should be now, but apparently they aren't.  Maybe it takes getting our ass kicked by aggy on the field.  Maybe the Stewart recruitment wakes them the fuck up.  Who knows.  But until that happens, we'll continue to lose guys every year where aggy 'comes out of the blue and locks them down'.

We are going to the SEC and they are in full on buy mode to make sure they have a big head start.  Surprisingly they haven't fucked it up yet.  Kudos to them for now I suppose.

Edited by Jester

8 minutes ago, Jester said:

lol.  I mean, I know you've been following recruiting for the past handful of years and this exact scenario has played out multiple times.  Of course they can do it again if they back up the truck.  They will continue to do it  until our boosters finally get pissed off and this shit gets back to the old SWC days.

Make no mistake, our boosters aren't going to flex until they are embarrassed.  They should be now, but apparently they aren't.  Maybe it takes getting our ass kicked by aggy on the field.  Maybe the Stewart recruitment wakes them the fuck up.  Who knows.  But until that happens, we'll continue to lose guys every year where aggy 'comes out of the blue and locks them down'.

We are going to the SEC and they are in full on buy mode to make sure they have a big head start.  Surprisingly they haven't fucked it up yet.  Kudos to them for now I suppose.

It’s not just Texas entering SEC play that has them dropping bags left and right. They’ve also got to make sure they get ROI on Jumbo Baggins’ contract/extension.  They’ve been doing it out in the open since he landed there, and nobody cares as long as he starts winning

• Hook 'Em 1

31 minutes ago, turtlepond said:

It’s not just Texas entering SEC play that has them dropping bags left and right. They’ve also got to make sure they get ROI on Jumbo Baggins’ contract/extension.  They’ve been doing it out in the open since he landed there, and nobody cares as long as he starts winning

Fair point. It’s been going on before the announcement. Just feels like it’s in hyper mode now.

2 hours ago, Jester said:

After year 3 or 4 of getting beat down by them, our boosters will hopefully wake up. If not, then we are officially Michigan of the South.

18 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

A&M has benefited greatly from the Alabama win. It’s allowed Jimbo to spin a helluva story with recruits - “Recovered from losing our 5 star QB talent, just getting started, stars finally starting to align” ya da ya da ya da.

Need to see them choke away another game or two or that momentum will continue to grow. If they do lose another two games, and we finally get our shit together, then I could see it swinging a few recruits for us. 

Some of you guys are gluttons for punishment.

Wells:

Six pack recruiting

There are six high profile prospects in the 2022 class that are engaged in a text chain. One of the topics of conversation is going to Texas together, due to the ability to make an instant impact at three or four positions.

The consensus of the text chain is Texas A&M is in a better place to compete at a high level right now, but that doesn’t mean all these guys see the ability to come in and be impact players. That doesn’t mean the Aggies won’t win out for some of them, however. 

The point of relaying this information is just how big the close of the 2022 cycle will be for Texas, and Texas A&M. Texas is selling to these kids being the class that brings Texas back, and ushers in a new era oof Texas football in the SEC with the ability to be impact players. For the Aggies, they know if they run the table or win four out of six, Steve Sarkisian’s mountain to climb gets a lot higher. 

Needless to say, the next five weeks are massive for the Texas staff. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Wells:

Six pack recruiting

There are six high profile prospects in the 2022 class that are engaged in a text chain. One of the topics of conversation is going to Texas together, due to the ability to make an instant impact at three or four positions.

The consensus of the text chain is Texas A&M is in a better place to compete at a high level right now, but that doesn’t mean all these guys see the ability to come in and be impact players. That doesn’t mean the Aggies won’t win out for some of them, however. 

The point of relaying this information is just how big the close of the 2022 cycle will be for Texas, and Texas A&M. Texas is selling to these kids being the class that brings Texas back, and ushers in a new era oof Texas football in the SEC with the ability to be impact players. For the Aggies, they know if they run the table or win four out of six, Steve Sarkisian’s mountain to climb gets a lot higher. 

Needless to say, the next five weeks are massive for the Texas staff. 

Peep the comments

Spoiler

2.png

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Peep the comments

Hide contents

2.png

I don't get it. Teams are assuming we get Arch and using that as a negative for other QB prospects? Or teams are assuming we get a big portal guy like Ewers and using that as a negative for Arch?

17 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

I don't get it. Teams are assuming we get Arch and using that as a negative for other QB prospects? Or teams are assuming we get a big portal guy like Ewers and using that as a negative for Arch?

You don't understand because the paradigm has shifted. oxXDW6I.jpg.ce7c5466a7cbbaf55c3d13cd23267d42.jpg

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

25 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

I think it has to do with Sark and his the fact that he hasn't developed our current QBs, but others might read it differently. 

3 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

I think it has to do with Sark and his the fact that he hasn't developed our current QBs, but others might read it differently. 

Yeah I don’t think that’s if.  Sark has put what, 4-5 QBs in the first round?  I think it has more to do with the rumors that Ewers may transfer here.

31 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

Believe it is other coaches fanning the flames of Ewers potentially leaving OSU and Texas potentially being the landing spot.  

5 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Yeah I don’t think that’s if.  Sark has put what, 4-5 QBs in the first round?  I think it has more to do with the rumors that Ewers may transfer here.

Probably right. I hadn't seen that, but since I posted this I read through the 2023 thread, which had a bunch on it

16 minutes ago, Mo Horn said:

Nah I don't think that's it. Saucy implies a good thing for us and "Nothing to do with the current QBs on campus"

11 minutes ago, J.Peterman said:

Believe it is other coaches fanning the flames of Ewers potentially leaving OSU and Texas potentially being the landing spot.  

This is my interpretation

10 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

ITs clearly Georgia negative recruiting Texas to Arch. "Look they are gonna have Ewers and Brown, come here to have a clearer path". It doesn't mean anything because coaches lie all the goddamn time

Very fair point. I'm sure Kirby has no problem exaggerating rumors even if they're not real.

It's also kinda a weird pitch bc UGA has a young QB backlog themselves - Vandagriff, Beck, and incoming Stockton. 

• Hook 'Em 1

54 minutes ago, Tex-19 said:

I read it as teams know we're getting Quinn and are using that to negatively recruit us for Arch. 

27 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

Its clearly Georgia negative recruiting Texas to Arch. "Look they are gonna have Ewers and Brown, come here to have a clearer path". It doesn't mean anything because coaches lie all the goddamn time

Not sure Brown would scare Arch off.

And agree with you on coaches lying all the time.  Mack Brown cut in front of me at the buffet line at Golden Corral by saying "excuse me handsome, I was already here and need to get a few of these rolls for my wife Sally."  Sally wasn't even there.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

I just don't see why any top QB would come here when they look at the OL situation on campus and the dearth of OL talent currently committed for 2022/23.

Arch/Ewers would be running for their life beyond the shit Texas is putting on the field.

Yep, hell with getting any good quarterbacks to come here. 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

I just don't see why any top QB would come here when they look at the OL situation on campus and the dearth of OL talent currently committed for 2022/23.

Arch/Ewers would be running for their life beyond the shit Texas is putting on the field.

Because you’re being retarded thinking what the OL currently looks like will be the same in 2 years when Arch steps on campus or even next fall. 

40 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Because you’re being retarded thinking what the OL currently looks like will be the same in 2 years when Arch steps on campus or even next fall. 

Maybe, but going off the past 5 years of OL recruiting and looking at what is currently slated for 2022 the cupboard looks pretty fucking bare.  I would have a concern if I was a top level QB recruit that my NFL prospects may suffer if I have <1 second before getting pressured/sacked etc.

Maybe it will work out and Texas will get some good OL prospects to come in but it is looking like a whiff on all the top level OL prospects right now (at least for 2022).

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting