Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

3 hours ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Guys.   I had a dream last night. I dreamt I was a dove flying over the sea. And then I dove into the ocean... And I swam with the dolphins. I was two animals joined as one... which meant - good things are coming. Good things.

Not sure if you’re saying good “football things” are coming, or your dealer is bringing over more of that badass psylocybin that helped you out with that dream you had last night 🙂

3 hours ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Guys.   I had a dream last night. I dreamt I was a dove flying over the sea. And then I dove into the ocean... And I swam with the dolphins. I was two animals joined as one... which meant - good things are coming. Good things.

Please put me down as another that is ready to join your movement.

1 hour ago, BurntOrange&White said:

They’re a beating. So many fucking people with their head in the ground and clueless. Seems like anything reality based or true gets mocked and laughed at by the posters because they refuse to believe it. 

are you hurt that your "Jimmy Johnson says five-star players don't need to practice" argument didn't go over as well there

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Red Five said:

Sure Wiley can't block, like, at all, but we have to throw to him once every two games or so. Thus he plays five times as much as Keilan Robinson. 

Just make sure the throw is made when his feet are stationary or pointed in the appropriate direction. Can’t have them getting mixed up on which one is going to go first.

3 hours ago, Fondren & Main said:

You’re right!  God damn it Casey, you stupid fucking bastard!  Don’t make Moore turn the ball over twice in the redzone and Marcus Washington drop every 50/50 ball you throw him!  You fucking dumb bastard!

This misses the point that the ball was thrown behind Moore on the tipped interception. Hint: it was catchable, but not a good throw.. misses the point that Washington was behind the defense and the only reason it was a 50/50 ball was because it was a patented Casey moon ball that was under thrown. Yes, if the WRs weren’t mediocre both would have been completions. If Casey wasn’t mediocre on both throws, they would have been completions 

This misses the point that the ball was thrown behind Moore on the tipped interception. Hint: it was catchable, but not a good throw.. misses the point that Washington was behind the defense and the only reason it was a 50/50 ball was because it was a patented Casey moon ball that was under thrown. Yes, if the WRs weren’t mediocre both would have been completions. If Casey wasn’t mediocre on both throws, they would have been completions 

FWIW, Chip Brown said in the Insider this week that the ball was behind Moore because he ran the route wrong

5 hours ago, Sgt Hulk said:

spacer.png

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Barbacoa said:

How is it the pay sites are filled with mouth breathing fucktards, and this free site isn’t nearly that way? Is it because they all get processed out over here? Obloods and IT are filled with complete morons. I can tell the ones who actually went to UT because they’re especially arrogant about their completely off base takes.

The pay sites want butt-sniffing kiss-ass fucktards that want to hang around their worthless Mods...

Surly wants folks that are willing to post critical opinions that are often backed up with facts.  Surly also destroys "infidels" who briefly stop by from the "outer limits" and jetisons them back thru the portal to their fuckwad worlds...  

5t5u33.gif

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Schulz2.0 said:

Every defense since the second half of the OU game have stacked the box and dared Thompson and our WRs other than Worthy to beat them. They can't. Thompson's limitations are part of it.

True, and as you said it's both Casey and the WRs. Thompson's limitations aren't limited to his arm strength. You watch the film and there are open receivers all over the place that he never sees.  Sark is scheming these guys open, but Casey just can't seem to make it through his progressions. Unfortunately, when Casey does through a nice ball, it's 50/50 on whether these guys come down with it.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Codaxx said:

I hate that I’m arguing this.  But, the TD pass to Moore was pretty much “a dime that’s top of the line” to quote the great warrior poet Mike Jones and he dropped it.  So, yeah, all I’m saying is catch the motherfucking ball.  Only at Texas do we need transcendent qb’s to win football games.  Unless, of course, y’all are impressed with Spencer Sanders…why is that we have to have a goddamn fable from Homer at the qb position to be relevant.  Meanwhile, Bama wins a title with McElroy…

Edited by Fondren & Main
  • Hook 'Em 3

7 minutes ago, Fondren & Main said:

I hate that I’m arguing this.  But, the TD pass to Moore was pretty much “a dime that’s top of the line” to quote the great warrior poet Mike Jones and he dropped it.  So, yeah, all I’m saying is catch the motherfucking ball.  Only at Texas do we need transcendent qb’s to win football games.  Unless, of course, y’all are impressed with Spencer Sanders…why is that we have to have a goddamn fable from Homer at the qb position to be relevant.  Meanwhile, Bama wins a title with McElroy…

Yes, because the last few teams that have won titles had a Casey Thompson at QB, and not 1st round NFL draft picks. Sanders sucks, but he's better than Thompson. That's the problem, Thompson is in the bottom tier of QBs in the Big 12. A league that doesn't actually have good QB play this year. That is why Texas is 2-3 in conference.

26 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Yes, because the last few teams that have won titles had a Casey Thompson at QB, and not 1st round NFL draft picks. Sanders sucks, but he's better than Thompson. That's the problem, Thompson is in the bottom tier of QBs in the Big 12. A league that doesn't actually have good QB play this year. That is why Texas is 2-3 in conference.

We’re not talking about winning national titles. We’re discussing beating fucking Baylor, Oklahoma State, and other Big 12 juggernauts. Casey has been better than many of the QBs we’ve faced. The pieces around him have not.

• Hook 'Em 1

Yeah, put me on the side of blaming the WRs.  If the ball hits your damn hands, you need to catch it.  If they can’t catch a ball that hits their hands, then that’s not the QBs fault.  Now that pass to Worthy, that was all Thompson.  Easy throw that he fucking lobbed 10 yards out of bounds.

7 hours ago, Fondren & Main said:

The WR had 3 yards on everyone and the ball let the safety get involved. You are asking a back-up WR to make an above average catch, but you are Ok with an average throw. Like I said if either player makes an above average play it’s a completion. Casey had plenty of mistakes. The delay of game of a kickoff, followed by taking a bad sack with Bijan wide open in the flat. Failed to run on 3rd down multiple times for first downs. On on he chose to thread it to Moore for incompletion with Worthy wide open on the sideline and running room. Casey was didn’t lose this game with his play, but he did not win it either 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

The WR had 3 yards on everyone and the ball let the safety get involved. You are asking a back-up WR to make an above average catch, but you are Ok with an average throw. Like I said if either player makes an above average play it’s a completion. Casey had plenty of mistakes. The delay of game of a kickoff, followed by taking a bad sack with Bijan wide open in the flat. Failed to run on 3rd down multiple times for first downs. On on he chose to thread it to Moore for incompletion with Worthy wide open on the sideline and running room. Casey was didn’t lose this game with his play, but he did not win it either 

And when you say Bijan was wide open in the flat, you really really meant it.

And what about the throw to a covered Brewer instead of Bijan. It was a nice throw though.

Then there was the throw to the sideline to a Double covered Worthy when someone was running down the middle wide open.

Bad throws and reads happen. Throwing out of bounds when all you have to do is keep it in bounds can’t happen. And I don’t understand why we never looked Bijans way. He probably could have had 100 yards receiving. Thompson possibly could have run for 75. He just wouldn’t take the easy stuff. We want Bijan running free in the secondary. Throwing it to him to make that happen is ok.

We really do lose as a team though.
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 2

14 hours ago, Nivek said:

Fuck.  Any signs?

Nope. My wife was actually at a luncheon a couple weeks before where she and the other ladies with older kids were giving the low down on Alamo Heights HS. Basically, the good about the school is as good as any school you could go to, but the bad is serious next level. 
When it happened my wife remembered her commenting about how wildly crazy the drugs were and that there was fentanyl, GhB and Foxxy available in the bathrooms and how she was so glad they had gotten there daughter thru. She was really excited for her daughter’s future. Fucked up.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, Had Enough said:

And when you say Bijan was wide open in the flat, you really really meant it.

And what about the throw to a covered Brewer instead of Bijan. It was a nice throw though.

Then there was the throw to the sideline to a Double covered Worthy when someone was running down the middle wide open.

Bad throws and reads happen. Throwing out of bounds when all you have to do is keep it in bounds can’t happen. And I don’t understand why we never looked Bijans way. He probably could have had 100 yards receiving. Thompson possibly could have run for 75. He just wouldn’t take the easy stuff. We want Bijan running free in the secondary. Throwing it to him to make that happen is ok.

We really do lose as a team though.

He also literally just had to beat one guy to run for a first down too. Sam likely runs it there and picks up the first easily. He chose a low percentage, likely turnover kind of throw across his body instead of the higher percentage options available to him. He's had suspect decision making the most of the year. Big reason for our offense bogging down as the game goes on.

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, Atticus said:

He also literally just had to beat one guy to run for a first down too. Sam likely runs it there and picks up the first easily. He chose a low percentage, likely turnover kind of throw across his body instead of the higher percentage options available to him. He's had suspect decision making the most of the year. Big reason for our offense bogging down as the game goes on.

Sam isn't here so what Sam would do is irrelevant 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Barbacoa said:

How is it the pay sites are filled with mouth breathing fucktards, and this free site isn’t nearly that way? Is it because they all get processed out over here? Obloods and IT are filled with complete morons. I can tell the ones who actually went to UT because they’re especially arrogant about their completely off base takes.

You can't be mean to people on those sites because then they lose customers

• Haha 2

Sam isn't here so what Sam would do is irrelevant 

Just using an example of what someone else has done for us recently as a way of highlighting Casey’s shortcomings. Football IQ is sorely lacking from Casey.

It’s his job to make Sark right. Sam did it for Herman, Casey is not doing it for Sark.

Big reason why we need a new QB
  • Hook 'Em 1

41 minutes ago, Atticus said:

It’s his job to make Sark right. Sam did it for Herman.

No it is not. If anything it should be the other way around. The fact that Sam had to do it for Herman is what made Herman pathetic.

The only success we know as a program in the last 20 years has come when we had a superhero playing QB making up for everything else, and now we think that’s the only blueprint.

Edited by Lonestar88
  • Rage+1 1

3 minutes ago, Lonestar88 said:

No it is not. If anything it should be the other way around. The fact that Sam had to do it for Herman is what made Herman pathetic.

The only success we know as a program in the last 20 years has come when we had a superhero playing QB making up for everything else, and now we think that’s the only blueprint.

Guys like Vince and Lamar are not needed to win. All Casey needs to do is move the chains by any means necessary. Sark can call whatever he wants, but so much in offense is reliant on everyone executing well enough for the play to be successful. I don't think Casey has the leeway to make checks and changes at the line, so he has to take the guaranteed and high percentage yards when they are available. 

If the defense confuses Casey, he should be more willing to check down or run instead of taking all day to stare his #1 option open.

Casey may not be the QB to take us to the promised land but I believe he is an above average QB who we could win many games with provided we had above average OL and WR groups. Since we are terrible in those departments, his shortcomings are getting more exposed.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, UTEE97 said:

Agree to disagree. There aren't a ton of very accurate QBs around the country.

He has poor feet, which further impacts his already poor accuracy, and arm strength. His decision making is also well below average. He's also short, but he can run a bit.

What makes him above average? Also keep in mind that he's 23 years old.

• Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, Atticus said:

He has poor feet, which further impacts his already poor accuracy, and arm strength. His decision making is also well below average. He's also short, but he can run a bit.

What makes him above average? Also keep in mind that he's 23 years old.

Fans remember the missed throws, reads, etc. when their teams lose and vice versa. Every QB makes mistakes. Watching games around the country, I just don't see a lot of QBs that are playing better. Some high profile QBs are struggling to win games because they don't have the team support. Casey by no means is our standard but he would have been serviceable if we had another WR or decent OL. His completion rate is 64%, which is not terrible.

Screenshot_20211106-113736_Chrome.thumb.jpg.4c253e1641c13fc9a389a81030ecf027.jpg

1 minute ago, Hookem2147 said:

He ranks 10th out of 11 QB’s in completion % during conference play. Only ahead of Bean from Kansas.

He is a dual threat QB who is playing in a pro style offense. For Sark to get the best out of him, he needs to adjust his playcalling or ride with Card from now on.

8 minutes ago, UTEE97 said:

He is a dual threat QB who is playing in a pro style offense. For Sark to get the best out of him, he needs to adjust his playcalling or ride with Card from now on.

At this point, Casey is who he is.

I’m not sure how much further Sark can adjust his playcalling. He’s already basically calling plays with half the playbook eliminated because Casey doesn’t have the arm strength to throw outside the hashes. Thompson’s footwork and anticipation has gotten worse as the season as progressed. He actually got several clean pockets against Baylor and was throwing with BOTH feet coming off the ground while fading backwards. Maybe some of it is the thumb, but the majority of it is the fact he’s just limited. And when you combine his limitations with the limitations of our OL, TE’s and WR’s outside of Worthy, you get the type of inconsistent offensive performances we’ve seen for 4 straight games now. Defenses do not respect Thompson’s ability to beat them outside the hashes or deep. Maybe Sark beats them a time or two per game purely off scheme, but they will trade that for the other 8 drives where they get to dedicate extra help to the box and stopping the run while trusting that Casey’s arm won’t beat them.

Edited by Hookem2147
  • Hook 'Em 3

I love being a UT fan these days because it gives us so much water cooler discussion.  Is it the QBs fault or is it the WR's fault? 

How boring it would be to be Alabama and debate if the OL or the DB's have been more dominant over the last 10 years.

At least we can all agree the UT offensive line is horrendous and that Sam should still be brought up because of his above-average play that led us to 4 straight conference championship victories.

• Haha 3

32 minutes ago, UTEE97 said:

Casey may not be the QB to take us to the promised land but I believe he is an above average QB who we could win many games with provided we had above average OL and WR groups. Since we are terrible in those departments, his shortcomings are getting more exposed.

He is 8th in the Big 12 in QBR.. He actually has the lowest QBR on the team. None of that lined up with your opinion, not to mention it takes 5 attempts to see he does not have a D1 arm 

The drops are their own thing. Lack of concentration on the WRs part. 
But Casey nit going thru his reads and forcing throws is all on him not trusting the OL. He dosent trust them to keep him clean. So he dosent go thru his progression  and forces the ball out. To miserable results. 

“Dosent”? For real?

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting