Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

1 hour ago, BrazilHorn said:

I just don't see why any top QB would come here when they look at the OL situation on campus and the dearth of OL talent currently committed for 2022/23.

Arch/Ewers would be running for their life beyond the shit Texas is putting on the field.

debbie downer GIF

1 hour ago, BrazilHorn said:

I just don't see why any top QB would come here when they look at the OL situation on campus and the dearth of OL talent currently committed for 2022/23.

Arch/Ewers would be running for their life beyond the shit Texas is putting on the field.

True.  But Casey had some pretty gaudy stats considering the other issues.  If I’m them I’m thinking “what can a guy with my talents do behind a decent ol”

7 minutes ago, TenCarryTom said:

So I go away for about a week and we get a good 2023 commit and now Quinn is supposedly coming back? Looks like I need to be away from this site more often. 

Just don't end up like @Machinator . He went on sabbatical and our entire 2021 season fell apart, we're not getting any 'croots, and our pets' heads are falling off.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, BrazilHorn said:

Holy shit, because elite QBs would get the ball out to  a WR quicker than the OL gives up pressure. It's not that hard to understand, elite QB play trumps OL play at most levels of football.

Texas has lost all of 1 game because of horrific OL play from start to finish. They didn't lose to Baylor or OSU because of the OL. They lost because the QB is mediocre.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2

3 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Holy shit, because elite QBs would get the ball out to  a WR quicker than the OL gives up pressure. It's not that hard to understand, elite QB play trumps OL play at most levels of football.

Ok. Then i guess we will be attracting five star QBs. 
I’d be thrilled if Arch comes here. I just think that the current and 2022 OL group is ass and will adversely impact top tier QBs from coming. 

2 minutes ago, BrazilHorn said:

Ok. Then i guess we will be attracting five star QBs. 
I’d be thrilled if Arch comes here. I just think that the current and 2022 OL group is ass and will adversely impact top tier QBs from coming. 

Most of those will not be here when Arch takes a snap at Texas, but again elite QB play trumps OL play.

12 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Texas has lost all of 1 game because of horrific OL play from start to finish. They didn't lose to Baylor or OSU because of the OL. They lost because the QB is mediocre.

We lost to Baylor because of Josh Moore and Marcus Washington.

• Hook 'Em 5

Outside of the running backs, I can’t think of a single offensive unit that is anywhere close to nationally competitive. Seems useless to lay blame when it’s average to below average across all the position groups. 

QB- desperately needs to be upgraded.

WR- There might be four players in the whole room that even deserve a roster spot.

TE- Sanders seems promising I guess, but the rest of that group seems very average. Gotta block better especially.

OL- Simply has to be addressed. So bad.

Im not even gonna do the defense. It’s putrid. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, Barbacoa said:

Outside of the running backs, I can’t think of a single offensive unit that is anywhere close to nationally competitive. Seems useless to lay blame when it’s average to below average across all the position groups. 

WR- There might be four players in the whole room that even deserve a roster spot.

TE- Sanders seems promising I guess, but the rest of that group seems very average. Gotta block better especially.

QB: yeah, but card is still young. Give him a line and see what happens. Still, I agree we need some incoming top tier talent 

wR: agree

TE: agree. Blocking is… not good.

OL:  more like LOL… amirite

• Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

5 minutes ago, Barbacoa said:

I think Helm can be a solid inline TE.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Barbacoa said:

Sure Wiley can't block, like, at all, but we have to throw to him once every two games or so. Thus he plays five times as much as Keilan Robinson. 

40 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Uncle Peyton sure made a lot of OL's look a lot better than they would have with another QB. 

6 minutes ago, Fondren & Main said:

Sure, but stating it was his fault that we lost is a gross misrepresentation of the facts…

Every defense since the second half of the OU game have stacked the box and dared Thompson and our WRs other than Worthy to beat them. They can't. Thompson's limitations are part of it.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, Fondren & Main said:

Sure, but stating it was his fault that we lost is a gross misrepresentation of the facts…

No it's not. He's the only guy that touches the ball on every play and decides where the ball goes. It's asinine to think that mediocre QB doesn't affect everything else the offense wants to do.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Fondren & Main said:

How about Moore’s 2 turnovers in the redzone?  Odd hill to die on, friend.

The INT was not in the RZ, and the fumble occurred 2 plays after the missed pass to Worthy. Look the WRs aren't great, but they are functional enough to be running wide open a lot. If Thompson could make quicker decisions and better throws we wouldn't be complaining about them. Same with the OL. The talent needs to get better, but the offense isn't stagnant because of the OL.

12 minutes ago, Fondren & Main said:

You’re right!  God damn it Casey, you stupid fucking bastard!  Don’t make Moore turn the ball over twice in the redzone and Marcus Washington drop every 50/50 ball you throw him!  You fucking dumb bastard!

The problem is, those passes shouldn't be 50/50. Washington's big drop he was fucking running down the middle of the field with 3 yards of separation between both defenders, why the fuck would you want or expect the QB to throw him into the trail defender?

Texas is undefeated in games where the QBR clearly favors Texas, and 1-4 when it does not.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2

2 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

The INT was not in the RZ, and the fumble occurred 2 plays after the missed pass to Worthy. Look the WRs aren't great, but they are functional enough to be running wide open a lot. If Thompson could make quicker decisions and better throws we wouldn't be complaining about them. Same with the OL. The talent needs to get better, but the offense isn't stagnant because of the OL.

My bad the 29 yard line…

1 minute ago, HtownHorn said:

The problem is, those passes shouldn't be 50/50. Washington's big drop he was fucking running down the middle of the field with 3 yards of separation between both defenders, why the fuck would you want or expect the QB to throw him into the trail defender?

Hmm, well I don’t think I said Casey was the second coming.  WR are trash after Worthy though.  I have eyes and they told me that our WR’s lost us the game, but believe what you want…

16 minutes ago, Fondren & Main said:

You’re right!  God damn it Casey, you stupid fucking bastard!  Don’t make Moore turn the ball over twice in the redzone and Marcus Washington drop every 50/50 ball you throw him!  You fucking dumb bastard!

It's both, dumbass.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

On 11/4/2021 at 9:31 AM, Nivek said:

This is my nightmare.   

Buddy. I cant even tell you. 

about a year or two ago there was a girl who’s mom my wife knew. Sr at Alamo heights HS who had just been accepted to Yale. She killed herself in a suicide pact with a South African exchange student after he returned to SA. Just bewildering.

1 hour ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Guys.   I had a dream last night. I dreamt I was a dove flying over the sea. And then I dove into the ocean... And I swam with the dolphins. I was two animals joined as one... which meant - good things are coming. Good things.

Dude, where do you get your weed?!

From you, Dante!

Oh, yeah! What's up, Mr Cheezil?!

• Haha 3

How is it the pay sites are filled with mouth breathing fucktards, and this free site isn’t nearly that way? Is it because they all get processed out over here? Obloods and IT are filled with complete morons. I can tell the ones who actually went to UT because they’re especially arrogant about their completely off base takes.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Barbacoa said:

How is it the pay sites are filled with mouth breathing fucktards, and this free site isn’t nearly that way? Is it because they all get processed out over here? Obloods and IT are filled with complete morons. I can tell the ones who actually went to UT because they’re especially arrogant about their completely off base takes.

because the paysites don't want to run off their key demographic and lose revenue. 

4 minutes ago, Barbacoa said:

Why would you go there?

39 minutes ago, Doc Reeves said:

about a year or two ago there was a girl who’s mom my wife knew. Sr at Alamo heights HS who had just been accepted to Yale. She killed herself in a suicide pact with a South African exchange student after he returned to SA. Just bewildering.

Fuck.  Any signs?

45 minutes ago, Doc Reeves said:

Oh man, this is the most horrible thing I’ve read in quite some time…

1 hour ago, Fondren & Main said:

Washington may have bad hands but at least he's slow.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, Barbacoa said:

They’re a beating. So many fucking people with their head in the ground and clueless. Seems like anything reality based or true gets mocked and laughed at by the posters because they refuse to believe it. 

Edited by BurntOrange&White

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting