Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

1 minute ago, SarkAfterDark said:

I’m honestly not that high on Harris and always preferred Brooks. But I’m assuming they a$ked him to come to clear the air regarding the DC situation and reinforce he should trust them regarding the higher. Going to be interesting if it turns out to be the Bama S coach. If Harris is smart he should just wait. Same with Bryce. 

Oh buddy.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

Just now, SarkAfterDark said:

I’m honestly not that high on Harris and always preferred Brooks. But I’m assuming they a$ked him to come to clear the air regarding the DC situation and reinforce he should trust them regarding the higher. Going to be interesting if it turns out to be the Bama S coach. If Harris is smart he should just wait. Same with Bryce. 

Harris doesn't care about the defensive coordinator hire. It's not going to have any impact on where he goes. 

You're trying to think logically when other things are in play. 

1 minute ago, Tex-19 said:

SIAP but Gibbs fong’d to Texas. What’s the story with this guy? Popped up out of nowhere, great offer list but not super highly rated

Since you’re unwilling to actually read the thread, he was an insane talent as a sophomore. Blew out his acl. Senior tape Meh as a result of him not being all the way back. He’s a good flier. 

28 minutes ago, Rickylovesweed said:

The only group that thinks we have a chance with Harris is IT. 

Not even losing their coordinator had an impact on Harris. They dropped their bags on Harris weeks ago and this recruitment was over since then.

Nah. They said they don’t feel confident enough to call it and was waiting to see his actions today. 

12 minutes ago, mantis toboggan said:

Re Harris- so is the take away that our NIL deal / bag just isn’t the size of the aggy bag?  I assume each player is ranked with a dollar amount on what money should be allocated based on need or skill level. Is it safe to say Texas does not have the kind of priority on Harris that aggy does?

A&M’s goal is to win the recruiting wars at all costs. They are buying 5 star edges like no one else. Not even sure how they are pretending to sell five kids on those spots. Harris, despite not playing his Sr year, is still top 10. He might not play next year but he is a key to winning the #1 class. I’m actually surprised Harris hasn’t dropped like almost every other kid with his injury. 

2 hours ago, victory88 said:

Yup, it evens the playing field.  If the money is equal, why would want to pick Henson and college station over Flood and Austin.

That’s why all of these schools are pissed about our deal.  Their “advantage” is gone.

Advantage: Shaggy.

6 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

When everyone starts getting 100k from the Clark field group that will be helpful. Wasn’t Stewart’s bag allegedly 300k at aggy. Yeah- Clark field alone gets him to 400k, and I’d really like to think that the kickers and long snappers and backups aren’t eating at the same table as the 5 stars from a practical perspective. 

I’m sure the guys like Harris and Stewart are thinking in terms of a 3 year college career but other than that yeah. 

1 minute ago, Ghost of Stevie Ray said:

So North Shore stiff arms aggy for years.  They finally get Shadrack Banks to commit and then immediately portals out in April.  

What is actually drawing Harris to them?   It’s easy to say bags…..but is that truly all it is?  

Proximity to home matters. 

1 minute ago, Ghost of Stevie Ray said:

So North Shore stiff arms aggy for years.  They finally get Shadrack Banks to commit and then immediately portals out in April.  

What is actually drawing Harris to them?   It’s easy to say bags…..but is that truly all it is?  

Jesus. For fucks sake yes. Is water wet?

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Dr. Teeth said:

A&M’s goal is to win the recruiting wars at all costs. They are buying 5 star edges like no one else. Not even sure how they are pretending to sell five kids on those spots. Harris, despite not playing his Sr year, is still top 10. He might not play next year but he is a key to winning the #1 class. I’m actually surprised Harris hasn’t dropped like almost every other kid with his injury. 

Honestly, i was kind of wondering about the wisdom of bringing in 3 guys in 1 class who didnt play their senior years because of "reasons". Blue, Harris, and Stewart, while elite players, you wonder what kind of impact in the locker room they would have if they all turn out to be knuckleheads at the same time. Don't get me wrong, I want them all, but there may be some buyer beware that comes home to roost.

3 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

Honestly, i was kind of wondering about the wisdom of bringing in 3 guys in 1 class who didnt play their senior years because of "reasons". Blue, Harris, and Stewart, while elite players, you wonder what kind of impact in the locker room they would have if they all turn out to be knuckleheads at the same time. Don't get me wrong, I want them all, but there may be some buyer beware that comes home to roost.

Harris is injured. No mystery there.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

If it’s not explain the recruitment then because if he’s wanted to be here he would be here. Now I haven’t read every page of this thread but he’s been all sec anything I’ve seen posted.  

It's the phrasing. People use "looking for reasons not to come here" as if recruits shouldn't go through a serious process to find the pros and cons of their choices.

8 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

If it’s not explain the recruitment then because if he’s wanted to be here he would be here. Now I haven’t read every page of this thread but he’s been all sec anything I’ve seen posted.  

Harris hasn't been all SEC. He was publicly hating on aggy all the way up to last month. 

Then something changed and it had nothing to do with the SEC. 

10 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

6 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Harris is injured. No mystery there.

Denver Harris is playing, he played yesterday, he did miss some games earlier in the season, but he’s been back.

• Hook 'Em 2

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting