Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting

17 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I’m not at all downgrading what you guys did, and what Clark field is doing in being systematic, renewable and permanent, but if aggy really has a $2M or $3M budget for recruiting they could bring that above board pretty quickly and easily with NFT’s, autographs etc., couldn’t they? 
I mean I know those Gomers don’t have the depth of money we do to do something systematic, but if you wanted to get money in a big time recruits hands pretty legally so you could big game hunt there’s an easy button somewhere, right?  

Doesn't matter. They can aggy up anything. 

4 hours ago, DanTheHorn said:

I am counting on 3 guys that showed some flashes with good effort to catch on in their second season with Flood. I am hoping the following becomes true:

1) Jake becomes the dominate player that we did not see but the potential is there.

2) Karic consistently brings the nastiness we saw at times with some smarts we did not see to the RT spot.

3) Conner becomes a serviceable guard because a portal guy will be no better than a push due to being in the system for the first year.

I would love to think Banks is the starting LT but he will be a freshman with growing pains and Jones even if pushed just won't get any better. That is the position I don't see improving without an awesome portal.

*dominant

• Hook 'Em 3

It felt damn good to text Big Cam this morning and thank him for clearing my Surly Horn rep. Had me looking bad when I came on the board and mentioned his finished Texas edit for him to then commit to Oregon. Told him this new edit is better than the first one but that he should have had them add some pancakes somewhere. 

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

It’s more bored. He is just so big and he is just pushing kids around. This isn’t unusual for HS OL film. He is an example of a complete physical mismatch. Personally, the best block was setting the edge against a player that is easily 100+ pounds lighter. Gives you the idea that when required he can move. The rest is just him picking on kids. I haven’t looked at his film, but I would suggest looking and not judging off a 30 second clip on social media 

I watched all his film. Never saw him do anything different. But I hear you, makes sense.

1 hour ago, Hank_Hill said:

Murphy is a project? Well fuck me sideways!

No shit. Let's everybody play parrot.

Don't dare celebrate that he took his team to the state championship and can throw accurately out to 60 yards the way those of you who don't eat your boogers flick them at a nearby wall.

It's tired answering any post about Murphy as "he's a project!" Maybe so. Even probably so, but he has made progress on his own in the last year. 

Also, if he throws TDs for Texas against few interceptions, I don't give a fuck about his mechanics. You don't get extra points for form.

So I'll go ahead and be delighted he's joining the team and shows a great deal of promise.

Edit to add: Most true freshman are projects to one extent or another. One of the advantages of acquiring Ewers is that he has had a year of college level coaching. Expecting any freshman QB to come in and save the day is foolhardy. Sometimes it happens, and it's great. But you can't expect it.

Edited by RomaVicta
  • Hook 'Em 6

1 minute ago, RomaVicta said:

No shit. Let's everybody play parrot.

Don't dare celebrate that he took his team to the state championship and can throw accurately out to 60 yards the way those of you who don't eat your boogers flick them at a nearby wall.

It's tired answering any post about Murphy as "he's a project!" Maybe so. Even probably so, but he has made progress on his own in the last year. 

Also, if he throws TDs for Texas against few interceptions, I don't give a fuck about his mechanics. You don't get extra points for form.

So I'll go ahead and be delighted he's joining the team and shows a great deal of promise.

I think the competition will be so competitive that it’ll end in a draw, forcing sark to start Casey until game 2

If I know anything about aggy, it’s that they think they have shit figured out and would never want to be seen as following Texas. 

much like how they saw burnt ends and instead of saying that’s a great idea let’s emulate it, they shit on it as not a difference maker while simultaneously claiming that if they did it it would be so much bigger and better. 

I feel that the same will happen with these newer, larger scope NIL initiatives. They will shit on them, and try to continue with the under table bags because they’ve been working up to and inclusive of this cycle. 

it won’t be until they’ve seen their advantage turn to a deficit that they will look to make changes. 

at least I hope that’s how it goes. 

• Hook 'Em 2

1 hour ago, Coach pop a bitch said:

I'm not hating but does he look stiff and slow? Is he too big? Or am I tripping?

He didn't have any trouble running down #15. 😎

I'm not judge, but I'd like to see him having to drive another sizable player. All the stuff I saw him do in the summer looked very promising.

9 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

If I know anything about aggy, it’s that they think they have shit figured out and would never want to be seen as following Texas. 

much like how they saw burnt ends and instead of saying that’s a great idea let’s emulate it, they shit on it as not a difference maker while simultaneously claiming that if they did it it would be so much bigger and better. 

I feel that the same will happen with these newer, larger scope NIL initiatives. They will shit on them, and try to continue with the under table bags because they’ve been working up to and inclusive of this cycle. 

it won’t be until they’ve seen their advantage turn to a deficit that they will look to make changes. 

at least I hope that’s how it goes. 

NIL programs are tainted by the icky sips. aggy is much better off with the sunflower seeds and sheep skin condom ads. 

2 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

I can't see that happening. Didn't Ohio State kind of run him off because of all his issues? 

Don't want to derail the thread... 

If there's a coaching change, hopefully Donovan Jackson and those receivers might be open to a change of scenery. 

Just now, RabidM said:

So be it. He gave us a nice perception bump for a bit.  He really looked quite slow in his film.  I'm genuinely surprised at his ranking.  Might be a spin down candidate. 

Don’t do this. He’s a good player, at a position of need. Sucks to lose him, if it comes to that.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Wulaw Horn said:

I’m not at all downgrading what you guys did, and what Clark field is doing in being systematic, renewable and permanent, but if aggy really has a $2M or $3M budget for recruiting they could bring that above board pretty quickly and easily with NFT’s, autographs etc., couldn’t they? 
I mean I know those Gomers don’t have the depth of money we do to do something systematic, but if you wanted to get money in a big time recruits hands pretty legally so you could big game hunt there’s an easy button somewhere, right?  

They don’t have that budget. 

59 minutes ago, ousux said:
1 hour ago, Tex Pete said:
They won’t. 

I hope you and everyone else calling me a dumbfuck are right, but when I say "everyone" I don't mean the TCU's and Temples of the world, but rather our biggest competition for the same type recruits. Can they afford to let it be a Texas exclusive forever?

No. 

• closetojumping changed the title to Texas Recruiting Notes 2022 - Idiotic Slapfights Unrelated To 2022 Recruiting