When can we replace Breyer?

Voldemort86

21 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

It's almost certainly one of these two. I like Jackson's experience as an actual trial judge, but I like Kruger's younger age more.

Agreed, I'd be surprised if it wasn't Jackson. Her confirmation hearing to the DC Circuit makes me think it will actually go pretty smooth. The Republicans didn't have anything "real" to question her on and had to try and make stuff up but that didn't even really seem do able.  She's about as pristine a candidate as we're going to get.  If Congressional Republicans were smart (yeah, they aren't) they would give her the red carpet treatment knowing they have no chance in hell of blocking her.  Expect the couple GOPers looking to make a name for themselves to make fools of themselves and her to also be confirmed in short order.

2 hours ago, Voldemort86 said:

Better than the lunatic freaks that Trump was nominating from the “heritage foundation” list.  Correct me if I’m wrong on what that thing was called.

It was the Federalist Society. The Heritage Foundation invented Obamacare. That was a plan first promoted by Bob Dole as an alternative to Hillary Clinton’s health care plan. Then it was implemented by Mitt Romney when he was the moderate Governor of Massachusetts. Now Republicans hate it but they can’t come up with an alternative because it was their plan in the first place. They just can’t deal with the notion that a Democrat, a black Democrat no less, might get credit for it.

The Heritage Foundation also invests heavily in global warming denial. 

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, South Austin said:

Donald Trump Super Awesome Fan Club.

Trump was clueless when it came to judges. He just did what Mitch McConnell and the Republican establishment told him to do in that regard. He didn’t know, he didn’t care. It was just something he could take credit for and that’s all that mattered.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Trump was clueless when it came to judges. He just did what Mitch McConnell and the Republican establishment told him to do in that regard. He didn’t know, he didn’t care. It was just something he could take credit for and that’s all that mattered.

As long as they could fuck over the Democrats for as long as possible was the final goal. Country be damned.

Edited by RPM

12 minutes ago, WhatTheBuck said:

Like he's going to listen to McConnell and all of the establishment Republicans when he's back in office in 2025.

On 1/27/2022 at 8:02 AM, Mo Horn said:

How do people even say this with a straight face. Yea, I know, it's a rhetorical question. Still, I'm truly amazed. 

I’ll accept Collins’ premise, provided however that they take their time, have hearings, and go through the process of giving a lifetime appointment as SCOTUS associate Justice…

to Anita Hill.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

I will never get past that fucking picture. THE POTUS buying fucking McDonalds for a natty celebration. So fucking white trash. So embarrassing. I would have asked him to his face, "Are you fucking serious with this?"

What do you have against cold burgers and fries? 

13 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

I will never get past that fucking picture. THE POTUS buying fucking McDonalds for a natty celebration. So fucking white trash. So embarrassing. I would have asked him to his face, "Are you fucking serious with this?"

While he owned a hotel just down the street that could’ve catered the event.

I’d love to hear an account from one of the staffers responsible for managing that farce. What fast food joints were used, how they were contacted, how they were paid, who picked up the food or was it delivered, how much time passed from when the food left the grill or fryer to when it was served, etc. 

8 hours ago, WhatTheBuck said:

While he owned a hotel just down the street that could’ve catered the event.

I’d love to hear an account from one of the staffers responsible for managing that farce. What fast food joints were used, how they were contacted, how they were paid, who picked up the food or was it delivered, how much time passed from when the food left the grill or fryer to when it was served, etc. 

joke's on us: he had the WH kitchen replaced with a stand from each of his favorite joints. The burgers came from inside the house!