Fascism, Autocracy, Oligarchy Clearinghouse

Mrs Whiggins

What you wrote:

24 minutes ago, DonkeyCigars said:

Out of respect to whigs, let's take this offline. 

Sorry @Mrs Whiggins for being a distraction here; I hadn't read the thread and got pulled offsides impulsively. Didn't mean to derail, I was planning on not posting anymore but in order to minimize continued fall-out please nobody respond to my briskettexan hate.

What I read:

25 minutes ago, DonkeyCigars said:

Out of respect to whigs, let's take this offline. 

Sorry @Mrs Whiggins for being a distraction here; I hadn't read the thread and got pulled offsides impulsively. Didn't mean to derail, I was planning on not posting anymore but in order to minimize continued fall-out please nobody respond to my briskettexan hate. If only Haynes King hadn't gotten injured it was Natty all the way, baby. Wait til Connor Weigman gets here in January, we'll be curb stomping everybody.

Apology accepted; not my Surly Forum so I don't make the rules, but you could at least beef in the board thread instead of going on a multi thread argument. I can't help but picture Ulysses Everett McGill and Vernon T. Waldrip fighting. I leave it up to the two of you to decide which character you are.

Peace.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

What you wrote:

What I read:

Apology accepted; not my Surly Forum so I don't make the rules, but you could at least beef in the board thread instead of going on a multi thread argument. I can't help but picture Ulysses Everett McGill and Vernon T. Waldrip fighting. I leave it up to the two of you to decide which character you are.

Peace.

Hahaha. You are one of the good ones here; I think I'll miss you most.

No, I'll miss @bad_teammate the most of all.

image.png.55a80d4df110866ffe81275442e9c0e4.png

• Fuck You 1

On 7/13/2021 at 4:03 PM, Biff Tannen said:

I fully agree and this should be more than enough reason for Dems to grow a collective spine, tell the Rs to get fucked, and take the reins to steer us back to sanity and make meaningful change.  

I almost got through that sentence without laughing/crying.

So this is clearly not happening.  I think we are fucked.  I think Rs win the House in 2022, making the rest of Biden's term pointless.  I think they win the Presidency in 2024 and quite possibly the Senate also.

CNN poll found that 51% of "independents" lean R, which really means they are Republicans who are too embarrassed to admit it.  

I'm coming to grips with the fact that most people in this country are just selfish, stupid, assholes that only truly care about themselves and those closest to them and could give a fuck about the rest of society.  I get that may be human nature, but a functioning democracy requires people see beyond that and I don't think we can in the long run.  The long run is almost over, in my opinion.

• Like 6

1 minute ago, Biff Tannen said:

So this is clearly not happening.  I think we are fucked.  I think Rs win the House in 2022, making the rest of Biden's term pointless.  I think they win the Presidency in 2024 and quite possibly the Senate also.

CNN poll found that 51% of "independents" lean R, which really means they are Republicans who are too embarrassed to admit it.  

I'm coming to grips with the fact that most people in this country are just selfish, stupid, assholes that only truly care about themselves and those closest to them and could give a fuck about the rest of society.  I get that may be human nature, but a functioning democracy requires people see beyond that and I don't think we can in the long run.  The long run is almost over, in my opinion.

We're going to fight again.

• Rage+1 2

1 hour ago, Biff Tannen said:

No leadership or accountability is killing us. Neither party wants to deal with anything other than performative nonsense and fundraising.  The powers that be seem to want everyone to memory hole Trump.
I’ve come to the conclusion these are the good times.  

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

31 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

No leadership or accountability is killing us. Neither party wants to deal with anything other than performative nonsense and fundraising.  The powers that be seem to want everyone to memory hole Trump.
I’ve come to the conclusion these are the good times.  

I think it's because there is no real way to lead or be accountable. America has no shared ethic or aesthetic anymore (just look at the Met Gala when the theme is Americana-- it's an eclectic mess. j/k, kinda). It was a sheet of glass in the 1700's that is now 300mm broken shards of glass that could never be put back together-- the internet has and will forever see to that.

There is not a way, in a two party system, to unite people with such different values and goals and beliefs. 

So what is left? Fundraising and salesmanship and performative nonsense to justify your day rate.

Edited by DonkeyCigars
  • Fuck You 1

18 minutes ago, DonkeyCigars said:

There is not a way, in a two party system, to unite people with such different values and goals and beliefs. 

Agree, but it would be helpful if one side's values and goals and beliefs were actually based on fact and not propaganda.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

6 hours ago, DonkeyCigars said:

I think it's because there is no real way to lead or be accountable. America has no shared ethic or aesthetic anymore (just look at the Met Gala when the theme is Americana-- it's an eclectic mess. j/k, kinda). It was a sheet of glass in the 1700's that is now 300mm broken shards of glass that could never be put back together-- the internet has and will forever see to that.

So what is left? Fundraising and salesmanship and performative nonsense to justify your day rate.

This is not Swam.  The posting style uses adult words, metaphors and somewhat dialogue.  Look, Republicans unite for whomever--it's what they do.  Democrats can't unite under one power--they insist on keeping separate identities which are unrelatable to everyone else.  They have separate agendas because America is different to different people.  If you're Republican, it's pretty much one--white males retain power.  That resonates to the suburban, rural, poor, and definitely rich white males.  And yeah, I'm drinking on a Thursday night.  I was quite proud of a posting I made earlier elsewhere in regards to religion.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Hey there, we made Southside cocktails tonight so you're not drinking alone!

It's Friday somewhere. I've been sick all week.  Got my booster, not affected either time before, but now chills and fever.  Followed that up two days later with flu vaccine and a repeat performance.  I have gotten the flu vaccine for decades with no reaction.  I'm reacting now with Baltimore Blondes.  Cheers.  

• Drool 1

This is a link to an interview (WBUR) with Timothy D Snyder & Lisa Feldman Barrett titled "Your Brain on Authoritarianism". The link has both the interview (around 48 minute listen) and a text with a few of the highlights. At first glance you may be thinking: a little too woo New Age, but it's not a bad fit with these two so give it a listen if you've got the time. Intro takes a while to develop but remember speed isn't everything in this world.

https://www.wbur.org/onpoint/2021/10/06/brain-behavior-and-authoritarianism-the-forces-that-drive-people-to-turn-on-democracy

On 10/7/2021 at 2:01 PM, DonkeyCigars said:

We just need for 90% of America to be bone-tired from full days of churning butter and staring at the ass-end of a mule, then, like well-walked dogs, most people will have that 1700s peace of mind.

(But not me. I am a philosophe.)

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I have spoilered most of this due to length, but if you've got five or so minutes to skim it, it's a very good example of the extreme right being able to take shelter underneath the sanctuary of the GOP and then further their aims with radicalizing young people. One of my children commented that the GOP has these plans for the next generation for which the Demcratic party does not seem to have a corresponding answer/program and it has him concerned that people will not see it for what it is until they have followed the bread crumbs to the house in the woods.

Notice some of the names--Gohmert, Gaetz, and others along with the America First/Nationalist crowd who've crept into bed with them....

TPUSA'S "AMERICAFEST" ATTRACTED A SATELLITE WHITE NATIONALIST CONFERENCE

Spoiler

Charlie Kirk has long tried to keep Nick Fuentes and his white nationalist “America First groyper army” out of Turning Point USA events. Last month’s AmericaFest 2021 in Phoenix, AZ, however, showed the clashing conservative subcultures are merging closer than ever. Fuentes has been determined to nudge the mainstream of right-wing politics into embracing white nationalism for years and his influence swept over the convention, despite his lack of physical presence. His signature blue “America First” hats were seen throughout the conference and TPUSA has shifted their messaging to (somehow) become even more nationalistic. Kirk has also started to focus on “white identity” issues, adopting a stricter anti-immigrant stance and openly pushing the white supremacist “Great Replacement” conspiracy theory.

On December 19, the second night of the 4-day convention, a the groypers and their allies held their own conference across the street from the Turning Point convention with over a dozen GOP candidates, politicians and conservative influencers. Kirk can no longer contain the (even more) extremist elements of “Con Inc.” as nefarious actors are using these TPUSA events to recruit and influence young,career-minded right-wingers.

“It’s a Wonderful Nation” was hosted by the self-described nationalist organization Republicans for National Renewal (RNR) and the “America First” youth group, American Populist Union (APU). The poster advertising the paid event was a play on the 1946 Christmas classic “It’s A Wonderful Life.” The movie was once investigated during the Red Scare for “Communist Infiltration of the Motion Picture Industry”—a bit of history that RNR probably doesn’t care about because the film has old-timey white American aesthetics on the label.

Republicans for National Renewal’s leadership team includes Mark Ivanyo, Diodato “Dio” Boucsieguez, Seth Segal, (who is also the president of the NYC chapter of Turning Point Faith) and Shane Trejo. Trejo works as the Grassroots Director for RNR, serves as a GOP chairman for Michigan’s 11th District Committee, and he formerly hosted a neo-nazi podcast with a member of the white supremacist group Identity Evropa. The “Blood, Soil, and Liberty” podcast (alluding to the Nazi slogan, “blood and soil”) was hosted by Identity Evropa member Alex Witoslawski and RNR’s Trejo. As LCRW previously reported, episode names of Trejo’s podcast included titles like “It’s Okay to Be White, Right, and Christian” and “Tanner Flake for Fuhrer” referencing Arizona ex-senator Jeff Flake’s son who made news after his violently racist social media handle and comments were exposed. The Identity Evropa-linked group was at AmericaFest throughout the weekend and hosted a booth at Turning Point USA’s Student Action Summit earlier this year.

Though the far-right reception was technically unaffiliated with Turning Point’s AmericaFest, most of the speakers and guests attended both events. In fact, several TPUSA influencers were seen mingling in the room filled with white nationalists. Pizzagater Jack Posobiec, who joined TPUSA’s team in early 2021, was a featured speaker at both events. Turning Point’s Enterprise Director, Austin Smith and influencer Isabella Riley were in the audience, as well as Charlie Kirk’s own producers Beni Rae Harmony and Connor Clegg who recently declared “it’s not enough to be transphobic, we must become anti-transgenderism.”

The other host group, American Populist Union is a Gen-Z conservative youth movement that models itself after Nick Fuentes and the groypers. APU also mimics Fuentes’ habit of hosting themselves across from Turning Point events, like AmericaFest or the Student Action Summit where the sound of Fuentes’ name was met with chants. During his speech, the co-founder of APU, Vince Dao, noted that their organization is also modeled after white nationalist Patrick Buchanan’s brand of paleoconservatism.

“To be America First really means that one must be against every arbiter of the decades of Marxist cultural propaganda that has pushed the sexual revolution, destroyed the traditional family, and erased the Christian heritage of our country” Dao told the crowd.

John Doyle and Jack Francis aka “Red Eagle Politics,” both guests in the audience, watched their friend Dao give his speech. Together, they had all previously attended 76Fest, an outdoor meetup which the organizers have described as “Hitler Youth without the Hitler.” Besides the more popular influencers within the groyper movement, the Christmas reception was also joined by fascist street videographer Tomas Morales, who regularly associates and films propaganda for the Proud Boys and other right-wing extremist groups. Morales was in Arizona during summer 2021 for a Nick Fuentes-inspired “White Boy Summer” groyper meetup. White Boy Summer AZ was hosted by white nationalist Greyson Arnold and guest-listed neo-Nazis like Ryan “Culture War Criminal” Sanchez and Jared “Woozah” Nobel. Usually strict about recording their events, Morales was given filming access for the Republicans for National Renewal party.

Greyson Arnold was in also attendance for TPUSA’s AmericaFest and Republicans for National Renewal’s It’s A Wonderful Nation, appearing in photos with Charlie Kirk and AZ GOP chairwoman Kelli Ward. Arnold can be spotted with the capitol rioters on Jan. 6th amongst groyper figureheads Nick Fuentes and Jaden McNeil and members of the white supremacist European Heritage Association. A far-right YouTuber, Arnold usually interviews fellow white nationalists like conspiracy theorist Lauren Witzke, Vincent James Foxx, Baked Alaska, Jared “Woozah” Nobel, and the Republicans for National Renewal’s Shane Trejo. After giving an interview on his YouTube channel, Oregon RNC official Solomon Yue denounced Arnold for his previous comments for calling Nazis “the pure race,” desiring the death of immigrants, and saying that Adolph Hitler is a “misunderstood” historical figure.

/

Two more groyper guests at both It’s a Wonderful Nation and Greyson Arnold’s White Boy Summer were Kyle Clifton and violent “antimasker” Ethan Schmidt. Schmidt, Arnold, and Clifton have a hobby of harassing workers in Arizona for enforcing Covid restrictions, filming people at Covid testing sites, and occasionally assaulting people in medical masks (including targeting cancer patients). Schmidt and Arnold have also traveled to California to join the Proud Boys and antivaxx groups harassing people. Their presence amongst the Arizona GOP wasn’t out of the ordinary, as AZ gubernatorial candidate Kari Lake has refused to denounce her association with Schmidt and Arnold.

Several far-right college organizations were also in attendance for It’s a Wonderful Nation. Arizona State University’s College Republicans United and their new sister chapter from University of Arizona were guests in the audience. College Republicans United has had difficulty gaining official sponsorship at Arizona colleges due to their history of controversy, hosting antisemitic white nationalist Tim “Baked Alaska” Gionet and Jennifer Harrison of the anti-immigrant hate group the Patriot Movement AZ. As previously reported by LCRW, founders Rick Thomas and Kevin Decuyper were also exposed by their own members for being involved in neo-Nazi chat rooms, praising eugenics, mocking the tragedy in Charlottesville, and sharing neo-nazi slogans. Recently, the student group (who self-describes as groypers) have been raising funds for Kyle Rittenhouse, holding pro-Rittenhouse protests at ASU, and hosting campaign events with Arizona senate candidate Blake Masters and Rep. Mark Finchem. Despite graduating, Thomas has remained involved with College Republicans United and could be seen seated with the college groups at the far-right Christmas reception. Other college groups with students in attendance were Stanford College Republicans, San Jose College Republicans, Fresno State College Republicans (who also has a history of hosting Canadian white nationalists), and the California College Republicans who Rep. Paul Gosar has also courted in the past.

/

A list of fringe GOP candidates and politicians from several states joined the room as well. Georgia congressional candidate Mike Collins, New York state senate candidate Stefano Forte, Nevada congressional candidate Noah Margeri, North Carolina congressional candidate Adina Safta, Oklahoma senate candidate Jackson Lahmeyer, Arizona gubernatorial candidate Kari Lake, and Arizona senate candidate (and NFT bro) Blake Masters were all honored guests and earned the official endorsement of Republicans for National Renewal. Florida representative Matt Gaetz had spoken earlier on stage at TPUSA’s AmericaFest before joining the (even more) far-right event across the street. That afternoon, Gaetz double downed on his recent comments made on Steve Bannon’s War Room podcast where they called for “an army of patriots” and “shock troops” to overtake the federal government.

Controversial Texas representative Louie Gohmert was also a featured guest at It’s a Wonderful Nation. Earlier this year, Gohmert appeared at the Dallas QAnon conference where Gen. Michael Flynn said a Myanmar-style coup “should” happen in the United States. A major promoter of election disinformation, Gohmert was joined by other election truthers, Stop the Steal plotters, and Capitol rioting officials from Arizona. AZ GOP chairwoman Kelli Ward, secretary of state candidate Rep. Mark Finchem, Rep. Paul Gosar, Sen. Wendy Rogers, and former representative and candidate for state senate Anthony Kern were all key figures in Arizona and D.C. Stop the Steal rallies. Rep. Finchem and Kern were pictured amongst the chaos on January 6th while Rep. Gosar has been repeatedly named as being intricately involved with the plot to overturn the 2020 election. Both members of the Oath Keeper militia, Sen. Rogers and Rep. Finchem have continued to be the loudest voices to have the Arizona election “decertified” (a process with no legal basis whatsoever). This particular group of Arizona republicans are no strangers to associating with right-wing extremist groups, repeatedly linking themselves with the QAnon cult, Proud Boys, Oath Keepers, groypers, and explicit white supremacists. At the end of the night, Republicans for National Renewal presented Gosar with an “America First” award.

Christian supremacist CEO of Give Send Go, Jacob Wells, provided his official sponsorship for this de-facto white nationalist meetup. Wells already has a habit of platforming and financially backing extremist groups like the Proud Boys to fundraise on his website after they’re shunned from mainstream platforms for their acts of hate and violence. Give Send Go also had a booth and offered their sponsorship at Turning Point’s AmericaFest.

Tho Bishop, representing the Ludwig von Mises Institute for Austrian Economics was in attendance and the libertarian think tank was a sponsor. That institution offered books by the great libertarian thinkers like Murray Rothbard, who argued in favor of treating children as commodities and trading them in the free market.

The photos which are captioned in the article didn't transmit, so I've spoilered them below:

Spoiler

RW1.png.100a0f3c88efce1594dccb9d88a71712.png

RW2.png.654bca303f36c1f8209692fa73383929.png

RW3.png.865ca592e2903598705466bab6926941.png

RW4.png.4cb2647fe74ef1ef319ebb51443e024b.png

RW5.png.a7e32cbf71b43bd817d6479edc557b08.png

RW6.png.ed2d4ec593e72192094a160e2acb889e.png

RW7.thumb.png.5624ff9dcc2251c90f8fcd8f855040d2.png

RW8.thumb.png.755a0f64fb09cad2163a35018f060f38.png

RW9.png.aaa665ca0b85f961d5c77f741d14a633.png

RW10.thumb.png.e4d9034a7dce8c1e312cd45f6e0d3b26.png

Edited by Mrs Whiggins
Weird stuff with the photos.

9 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

This doesn't necessarily belong in this thread, but I expect more and more of this type of group/subtype to trend as we head into the year and also towards 2024.

Alpha.png.b4e5683e2602f8cf5a1afc0f83b1ca63.png

Rule: if you market yourself as an "alpha"....you are definitely not an alpha.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Rule: if you market yourself as an "alpha"....you are definitely not an alpha.

“Be great or be nothing” is as close to Ricky Bobby plagiarism as you can get on the right side of intellectual property law, and so I am just going to admire the blatant grift and wish them all well. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

“Be great or be nothing” is as close to Ricky Bobby plagiarism as you can get on the right side of intellectual property law, and so I am just going to admire the blatant grift and wish them all well. 

It's such a stunning bit of accidental self ownage, too. I look at that poster and I see 10 guys all ready to sniff the sphincter of greatness, because they know what greatness takes.

36 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

This doesn't necessarily belong in this thread, but I expect more and more of this type of group/subtype to trend as we head into the year and also towards 2024.

Is it a political rally or an expo for exciting nutritional supplements in the MLM space?  Come and find out at ALPHA CON!  

Are we pundits, policy makers, or chiropractors?  Come and find out at ALPHA CON!  

How many pending date rape charges are there against us in aggregate?  Come and find out at ALPHA CON!  

On 1/3/2022 at 5:39 PM, Mrs Whiggins said:

anyone else super relieved they have no idea who any of those people are?

Edited by Longhorn_Fan68
  • Hook 'Em 2

56 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Why is that CrossFit poster just asking questions?

• Haha 1

17 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Can we get a field report from PAC or GRUHorn on the crypto markets there?

Is this where we can discuss Dominionism, or do we have another thread for that?  I think it's time.  I have a friend who is a retired reporter and has done some research in this recently.  I'll put his thesis in quotes so as to not long cat the thread.  I know we've touched on it a few times, but it seems to be gaining steam.  To me it's another spoke in the wheel to influence voters.  Just through different channels, but basically the same authoritarian basis white male supremacy. 

On Dec. 4, 2021, I found a Facebook post that articulated the relationship of the right-wing
Republican political operations to the religious right’s dominion theocracy movement. As
Ruth Larson Case posted, “They have been working steadily behind the scenes for years &
years. It’s no secret that the Republican Party/conservative Christianity is actively trying
to turn this nation into some form of theocracy.”
As a retired reporter and editor, I usually don’t put much stock in or react to Facebook
posts like this and am more than wary of conspiracy theories. But for years I had heard
about dominionism and that Ted Cruz was part of the movement. The other thing I’ve
heard about for some time is a book by renowned Duke University historian Nancy
MacLean, “Democracy in Chains: The Deep History of the Radical Right’s Stealth Plan for
America.” But I hadn’t gotten around to reading it until diving into researching
dominionism. That sparked a nagging recollection about MacLean’s book, so after reading
Heather Boushey’s book review in The New York Times Aug. 20, 2017 Sunday Book
Review I decided to read it. On Dec. 15, I got it through interlibrary loan.
You don’t need to read beyond the book’s Introduction (attached PDF) to see how she
outlines how sinister is economist James McGill Buchanan’s so-called public choice theory;
and his stealthy plan being fully the progenitor of the Republican-right’s agenda and
concomitant behavior. This started in the late 1950s and certainly since the 1970s with the
Koch Brothers involvement. That plan, which MacLean convincingly asserts is really a
long-term movement, has unfolded before our very eyes. Even media at the highest level
has written about the plan’s tactics as increased bitter partisanship while missing the big
picture.
While Boushey’s review is a great summary of MacLean’s thesis, with some examples,
MacLean’s introduction gives us the overview and context. So does The New York Times’
obituary for Buchanan noting, “[he] was a leading proponent of public choice theory,
which assumes that politicians and government officials, like everyone else, are motivated
by self-interest — getting re-elected or gaining more power — and do not necessarily act in
the public interest.”
Importantly, Buchanan feared the expansion of government and government programs
would result in taxing the rich to provide what the Republicans have called “entitlements”
for the populace, a behavior he argued, designed to keep the political/government class in
power and take money from the billionaire capitalist class. Meanwhile, one of the “stealth”

parts of Buchanan’s scheme was based on his notion that the political-government-
populace couldn’t be “constrained” — at least as long as the voters were allowed to vote

their will.
As I said, I only recently realized that Buchanan’s approach melded with the dominionist

movement when MacLean and the obit pointed out that Buchanan “amplified on” this so-
called “public choice theory” from the 1950s onward and “argued for smaller government,

lower deficits and fewer regulations — a spectrum of policy objectives that were ascendant
in the 1980s conservative agenda of President Ronald Reagan.”

And part of that strategy was the Koch Brothers’ founding of the Cato Institute (and many
other “think tanks” to promote public choice theory. How stealthy this was and some
indication of its links to the dominionist movement is another PRA essay by Peter
Montgomery in April 2015 in “The Public Eye.” In this article, “Biblical Economics: The
Divine Laissez-Faire Mandate,” Montgomery outlines how melded these parts of the
movement are; and, how subtle they are.
So, where Case’s Facebook post fell short was labelling these Christian zealots as agents of
“7 Mountains Dominionism” thereby missing the Buchanan/MacLean connection.
However, in short, those politicians openly or assumedly associated with the dominionist
movement AND the radical right are both sides of the same coin. As allies of Buchanan’s
plan, they are, as MacLean reluctantly calls them, a fifth column allied with others to end
our democracy. And how convenient the Christian overlay on the movement is.
As for my research on dominionism, I found work by Frederick Clarkson; Ph.D., senior
fellow at the non-profit think tank Political Research Associates helpful. In several articles
in the PRA’s “The Public Eye” he and others make clear the movement is more complex
than the 7 Mountains or 7M branch of the movement.
For example, in a Feb. 14, 2016, post, he writes, “The term ‘Dominionism’ was first
popularized in the 1990s by researchers, including Chip Berlet, scholar Sara Diamond, and
myself, who needed a term to describe the political aspirations of Christian Rightists who
believed that they have a biblical mandate to control all earthly institutions — including
government — until the second coming of Jesus.”
Clarkson continues to describe how the movement predated the label by several decades. In
a later essay, he offers a more complete understanding of the movement in “Dominionism
Rising: A Theocratic Movement Hiding in Plain Sight,” in the Summer 2016 The Public
Eye. His article shows the dominionist movement is far more complex and broader than
simply saying the permutations of the movement have the common goal of domination of
governments with a fundamentalist Biblically based legal system — some going so far as an
Old Testament underpinning. Think the “Christian” version of Sharia law.
The important understanding of the movement impacting United States politics threatens
the Constitution by rejecting of Thomas Jefferson’s separation of church and state. A
dominionist U.S. Constitution would hold the U.S. was founded as a Christian nation — a
belief that flies in the face of historical facts. One of the many goals of Buchanan’s plan.
None of this is to discount the 7 Mountains part of the dominionist movement. As David
Brockman, Ph.D. reports, in a June 2, 2016, Texas Observer story, “The Radical Theology
that Could Make Religious Freedom a Thing of The Past” one of the movement’s most
prominent politicians is Texas junior Republican Sen. Ted Cruz.
Clarkson reports in “Dominionism Rising ...” that former Texas Gov. Rick Perry and
current Lt. Gov. Dan Patrick are part of the movement. In “Christian Americanism and
Texas Politics Since 2008,” published in March 2020 by the Baker Institute, at Rice

University, Brockman adds Rep. Louie Gohmert, Gov. Greg Abbott and Texas Rep. Dan
Flynn.
Brockman continues, “Several other state legislators may well belong in this list of
Christian Americanism in Texas. ...., [backing] legislation that arguably privileges
Christians and/or overlaps with the Christian Americanist agenda has been authored by
state Representatives Dustin Burrows (R-Lubbock), Matt Krause (R-Fort Worth), Phil
Stephenson (R-Rosenberg), and Bill Zedler (R-Arlington), along with state Senators

Charles Perry (R-Lubbock), Brian Birdwell (R-Granbury), and Bryan Hughes (R-
Mineola). Whether these and other conservative officeholders are full Christian

Americanists or simply proponents of Christian right policies would be a fruitful question
for future research.”
Of course, dominionist or dominionist-allied politicians aren’t confined to Texas. As
Clarkson reports in “Dominionism Rising ...” Alabama Justices Roy Moore Tom Parker;
failed vice president candidate and former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin; former Minnesota
U.S. Rep. Michele Bachmann; former Arkansas Gov. Mike Huckabee; and current
political operative and former U.S. Rep. Newt Gingrich are part of the movement. So are

Gov. Sam Brownback, R-Kan.; Sen. James Lankford, R-Okla.; and Rep. Steve King, R-
Iowa. A USA Today opinion piece adds Sen. Josh Hawley, R-Mo. Surely there are others.

Note that the 7M branch calls for discrediting institutions — also part of Buchanan’s
agenda. And as MacLean points out, “He therefore helped lead a push to undermine their
trust in public institutions. The idea was to get voters to direct their ire at these institutions
and divert their attention away from increasing income and wealth inequality.”
Of course, this discussion only skims the surface of the dominionist movement. It’s clear
the Donald Trump’s victory, as unexpected as it was, jumped started the dominionist
agenda. The scary part of this is that Trump’s outrageous breaking of norms and
corruption — while very much in line with dominionist techniques — distracted political
analysts and media from the higher altitude insights. Evidence of this can be seen in how
far below the radar and public consciousness this agenda flew. But PRA’s Dominionism
expert Clarkson, didn’t miss the movement’s massive agenda in April 27, 2018 when he
linked the American Legislative Exchange Council (ALEC) to the dominionist movement’s
“Project Blitz.”
Other than this and The Guardian’s Dec. 11, 2021 article “Radicalized Christian
nationalism is a growing threat to American democracy” by Arwa Mahdawi, I am unaware
of other coverage since Trump’s election and during his administration. Mahdawi
deconstructs the right-wing radical activity, including the Jan. 6 coup rehearsal, in the
context I’ve suggested here.
I am clearly concerned that our democracy shaped by Reconstruction on through the New

Deal and up to the “Reagan Revolution” is on the cusp of losing to the Buchanan-
dominionist alliance with the table for that already laid for the upcoming mid-terms and

the 2024 presidential elections. That little of the Buchanan movement and how it links to

dominionist theocracy are seen since the run-up to the 2016 election is a result of the
mainstream media — also under fire as part of the strategy — being purposefully
distracted by Trump-like antics from the right wing and the Republican Party.
Thankfully, The Guardian’s Dec. 11, 2021, article opened the door to covering this issue
focusing on two points tied to the movement’s hegemony of the right-wing and the GOP.
One prong clamps down on women’s rights with the Draconian anti-abortion legislation.
Second, and far more dangerous, is the movement’s well-organized Project Blitz. From a
journalistic perspective, one could approach this movement, which is heavily populated by
Texans, from either the dominionist or Buchanan/MacLean perspective. Both are
important to understanding what’s happening.
Even J. David Goodman’s Dec. 12 New York Times story on Greg Abbott’s hard right
turn, misses this overarching Buchananist connection and the dominionist movement. The
peg for an investigative reporting effort would be to show that Abbott, other Texans in
politics and others such as his wealthy contributors are the movement — unwittingly or
not. My thesis is that Abbott has been part of this movement for years — a credit to his
skill at retail politics. However, he also is aware that being open about how it would
alienate what little remains of the thoughtful moderate Republican Party and the rationally
conservative independents. His alliance with Trump and doing Trump’s bidding on the
election audits are only a few indicators of his embrace of this fifth column treason. Simply
look at his agenda.
I have to wonder as a journalist what a spate of public records requests for his emails and
other materials would show. And what digging into the others would also show. Would
threat like this justify bringing IRE and others into the effort not unlike the work done
after Don Bowles was assassinated? It would be a massive undertaking fraught with
obstacles. But wouldn’t it be a hellava story?

Here are the actual PDFs for those who would want to follow the citation links.

Buchanan analysis - rev 2021-12-21.pdf

• Hook 'Em 3

17 hours ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

Wait wait wait

Libs are cucks yet the headliner that these wanna be alphas are going to see is named "The Bull". 

Projection goes deeeeep with this crowd. 

17 hours ago, Longhorn_Fan68 said:

anyone else super relieved they have no idea who any of those people?

The only one I know is Tim Ballard. He runs an organization that "rescues" human trafficking victims around the globe. In reality what they do is go to some other country and pay some people to kidnap kids so they can film themselves rescuing them. 

• Rage+1 1

19 minutes ago, pyrohornIII said:

Is this where we can discuss Dominionism, or do we have another thread for that?  I think it's time.  I have a friend who is a retired reporter and has done some research in this recently.  I'll put his thesis in quotes so as to not long cat the thread.  I know we've touched on it a few times, but it seems to be gaining steam.  To me it's another spoke in the wheel to influence voters.  Just through different channels, but basically the same authoritarian basis white male supremacy. 

Here are the actual PDFs for those who would want to follow the citation links.

Buchanan analysis - rev 2021-12-21.pdf 82.49 kB · 0 downloads

I don't see why it couldn't be discussed here, it's a clearinghouse for authoritarian repressive moments and this would fit that. I've read a few articles about Dominionism, and the Wiki article about it has some decent enough sources. I actually fell into the subject while reading about Bill Barr and his reputed ties to Opus Dei. It (Dominionism) is quite expansive so kudos to your friend for taking the time to knit various strings to make a whole sweater.

5 minutes ago, Mrs Whiggins said:

I don't see why it couldn't be discussed here, it's a clearinghouse for authoritarian repressive moments and this would fit that. I've read a few articles about Dominionism, and the Wiki article about it has some decent enough sources. I actually fell into the subject while reading about Bill Barr and his reputed ties to Opus Dei. It (Dominionism) is quite expansive so kudos to your friend for taking the time to knit various strings to make a whole sweater.

I agree.  The thing with this movement is how easy it is to overlook it or minimize it because it seems so preposterous.  The idea our country would allow itself to reverse centuries of human rights advancement to set up a Church of England style theocracy is simply too ludicrous to be taken seriously.  But then we live in a world where we disregarded the Q movement because their whole pedophile cabal shit.   I remember posting here at some point a recommendation to watch The Family on Netflix and it was basically chuckled at because it just seemed too conspiritorical, but it's a thing, and it's another name for dominionism.  See the ALEC part of his thesis.

I think educating people about this movement in ways that shows just how successful they have been, and the ways and wheres of where this is headed is essential to disarming it.   Along with bringing to heel many of our Texas Pols like Patrick (if covid doesn't get him first).   I just have to wonder how all the Catholics would feel if they knew their generations to come would be under Texas Baptist Bible Belt rule?