Brit Comes out as Trans-Racial

Harrison Bergeron

I feel like this will not end well for anyone: https://nypost.com/2021/06/28/oli-london-identifies-as-korean-after-surgeries-to-look-like-bts-jimin/

A British-born white influencer has had 18 plastic surgery procedures to look like a member of K-pop band BTS — and now “identifies as Korean.”

Oli London — who uses they and them pronouns — on Monday shared a series of videos from a hospital bed to show off the latest round of work in their bid to look like Park Jimin.

“Hey guys! I’m finally Korean. I’ve transitioned,” London said in one video, saying they were “transracial” and now “identify as Jimin.”

“I identify as Korean — that’s just my culture, that’s my home country, that’s exactly how I look now,” the newly named Jimin said.

“I’m so, so happy I’ve completed my look … I have the eyes [and] I’ve just had a brow lift, as well,” said the influencer, who earlier tweeted about getting work on their lips to “look like JIMIN.”

15 minutes ago, AUS-97HORN said:

not trying to be a smartass, but didnt Rachel Dolezal do this like 5 years ago?

Shawn King as well? The worst offender has to be this woman. This is so cringe it physically hurts. That accent..

1 hour ago, Harrison Bergeron said:

I made the mistake of reading wikipedia to find out about this broad. So many reason I wish I had not.

Need to add Elizabeth Warren to the list.

Don't Cloakroom this thread.  

• Fuck You 3

2 hours ago, AUS-97HORN said:

not trying to be a smartass, but didnt Rachel Dolezal do this like 5 years ago?

This is probably closer to Madonna briefly adopting an English identity in the early 2000's.

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, Harrison Bergeron said:

I feel like this will not end well for anyone: https://nypost.com/2021/06/28/oli-london-identifies-as-korean-after-surgeries-to-look-like-bts-jimin/

A British-born white influencer has had 18 plastic surgery procedures to look like a member of K-pop band BTS — and now “identifies as Korean.”

Oli London — who uses they and them pronouns — on Monday shared a series of videos from a hospital bed to show off the latest round of work in their bid to look like Park Jimin.

“Hey guys! I’m finally Korean. I’ve transitioned,” London said in one video, saying they were “transracial” and now “identify as Jimin.”

“I identify as Korean — that’s just my culture, that’s my home country, that’s exactly how I look now,” the newly named Jimin said.

“I’m so, so happy I’ve completed my look … I have the eyes [and] I’ve just had a brow lift, as well,” said the influencer, who earlier tweeted about getting work on their lips to “look like JIMIN.”

tenor.gif

This reminds of a gal I knew growing up. Several years ago she spent gobs of money on plastic surgery and lipo to look like Ivanka Trump. After healing, she had a reveal party and posted pics of the event on Facebook. You could’ve given me 1000 guesses on who she was trying to mimic and I would not have guessed correctly. Just looked like a very slightly more attractive, but still not all that attractive version of her old self.

Similarly, you could have given me a thousand guesses on what ethnicity this British person was shooting for and I’d have listed almost every other possibility before reaching “Korean”.

13 hours ago, NotActuallyALonghorn said:

The funny thing is, all those Korean pop singers have probably had plastic surgery that has the effect of making them look more white.

Getting plastic surgery is a very Korean thing to do.

Most common plastic surgery is to given women and some men “double eyelids”.

image.thumb.jpeg.77c0afd3ddce8b69fc3939f285854da3.jpeg
Followed by a nose job and breast enlargement.

FWIW, boy bands whether they’re in Asia or US are groomed and manufactured, and BTS (who I’ve aware of but never heard of) probably never thought it would be cool to start a band with 7 people with most of them probably not even able to play an instrument.

• Rage+1 1

2 hours ago, Superhero said:

Getting plastic surgery is a very Korean thing to do.

Most common plastic surgery is to given women and some men “double eyelids”.

image.thumb.jpeg.77c0afd3ddce8b69fc3939f285854da3.jpeg
Followed by a nose job and breast enlargement.

FWIW, boy bands whether they’re in Asia or US are groomed and manufactured, and BTS (who I’ve aware of but never heard of) probably never thought it would be cool to start a band with 7 people with most of them probably not even able to play an instrument.

Why take so many before and after shots of the same person?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

Is this cultural appropriation worthy of outrage? Or is this an inspirational tale of a person overcoming outdated societal norms to become the person they were always supposed to be. I'll be honest.... my "woke meter" needs some serious calibration. 

• Hook 'Em 1

31 minutes ago, Blotto said:

Is this cultural appropriation worthy of outrage? Or is this an inspirational tale of a person overcoming outdated societal norms to become the person they were always supposed to be. I'll be honest.... my "woke meter" needs some serious calibration. 

two of the stupidest terms ever created are "cultural appropriation" and "virtue signaling". anytime anyone uses those terms, i know they are fucking idiots.

6 hours ago, Blotto said:

I have not followed the story closely but not clear how this will shake out. Is he a brave [noun] living [pronoun] truth or an evil cultural appropriator. This literally is writing new woke case law.

6 hours ago, crash_davis said:

two of the stupidest terms ever created are "cultural appropriation" and "virtue signaling". anytime anyone uses those terms, i know they are fucking idiots.

dude, check your fucking privilege please!

• Hook 'Em 1

Have had several Korean clients in my career.  Many those guys are old school.  They work their asses off.  Glad I don't work as their employee.  Because I think they all work about 60 hours a week minimum, suits and ties every day, and they aren't letting anyone work from home.

20 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

Have had several Korean clients in my career.  Many those guys are old school.  They work their asses off.  Glad I don't work as their employee.  Because I think they all work about 60 hours a week minimum, suits and ties every day, and they aren't letting anyone work from home.

I worked in semiconductors in Austin for many years-- Eaton, Teradyne, Motorola, and AMD.  All had their ups and downs, but my friends and colleagues that worked for Samsung were the most miserable engineers I've ever met.  None of them lasted more than a couple of years before bailing.

Edited by utee94