Afghan War ending, foretold by The Onion 10 years Ago [DT thread ruined by politics]

crash_davis

12 hours ago, cactusflinthead said:

Did you catch that? She worked for Pence.

That wretched fuckhead Miller is why they didn't start this process sooner.

Ya know, it's frustrating that the surly mods delete ANY post from the DT thread that suggests anyone besides Biden has culpability in the fuckup. I shared a defense one link for their interview with trump's last secdef, Chris Miller, where he described how it trump never actually had a plan to leave.

But I must've hurt some right wing fee fees because my post got memory holed. Good jorb shaping the narrative on your """news""" page imma and black lab. Real nice.

Ya know, it's frustrating that the surly mods delete ANY post from the DT thread that suggests anyone besides Biden has culpability in the fuckup. I shared a defense one link for their interview with trump's last secdef, Chris Miller, where he described how it trump never actually had a plan to leave.
But I must've hurt some right wing fee fees because my post got memory holed. Good jorb shaping the narrative on your """news""" page imma and black lab. Real nice.

So you’re mad that the mods took down a “whatabout trump” post on the no politics board? And then you come here to whine? Sounds like it’s your fee fees got hurt bc you broke the rules.
  • Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, babysdaddy said:

So you’re mad that the mods took down a “whatabout trump” post on the no politics board? And then you come here to whine? Sounds like it’s your fee fees got hurt bc you broke the rules.

Not really a "whatabout" post when it's directly addressing why the situation was what it was. There was intentionally zero work done by trump et al to position the next guy to have no real options on how to leave Afghanistan. 

It's that they allow the Washington examiner op-eds and all the hit pieces for how badly it was all planned, but don't allow anyone to talk about why it was so badly positioned in the first place. 

It's like if when Charlie Strong started coaching and was a shit sandwich, any talk of how Mack sabotaged the locker room and left years of rot was verboten. Yes, Charlie was not a good coach, but he was behind the 8 ball from the jump through no fault of his own.

And it's mainly that they'll ban you for bringing other facts to the discussion besides "BIDEN BAD". I'd think a primary sourced interview with a trump secdef would be useful to a more complete discussion of the Afghanistan shit show. 

I love the mouthbreathers saying this is the worst foreign policy thing in decades. This isn't a top 10 (or more) worst foreign policy thing in the past 5 years, and in a year won't even be remembered. Trump fucked up the Iran deal, the Paris Climate Accord, let Putin go rogue all over Syria and Ukraine, coddled North Korea, etc. That fuck called Africa "shithole" counties but yes, agreeing to leave a country that Trump himself signed a deal with the Taliban directly is "the worst decision ever." 
Give me a goddamn break. 

I agree. Nothing to see here. Billions in equipment left behind, a President 6 weeks ago saying this is unrealistic(despite the fact the fucking taliban was already taking over the entire country). Why did CNNs Clarissa ward already leave? Seems pretty stable over there right?

Our nato allies are sending in troops to rescue their citizens…meanwhile we tell ours to shelter in place, fill out this online document, get to the airport if you can find any means of getting there but you’re not guaranteed safety, now it’s back to don’t come to the airport because the Taliban has a security ring set up around the perimeter.

Absolute dumbfucks like you and all of the morons who liked this post would be enraged if trump was in office and this was unfolding.

“Oh it’d be a hell of a lot worse if trump was in office”. This is all going according to the plan. Or did the plan fly out the window when the taliban was suddenly 50 KM from Kabul despite weeks of constant takeover? Was handing babies and kids over walls to soldiers part of the plan? People falling off of planes? Dead people outside of the airport? You fucking realize the second the last International reporter and any military personnel leave it’ll be a slaughter of anyone who tried to leave and didn’t make it out, right?

Oh but he met with Un, called some African countries shitholes(they are), LMFAO. Fuck out of here. At least theres cell service in Afghanistan so we can see what’s really going on and not just believing everything joe said in his first ever presser 5 days after shit hit the fan. 5 fucking days!

6 minutes ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

“Oh it’d be a hell of a lot worse if trump was in office”. This is all going according to the plan. Or did the plan fly out the window when the taliban was suddenly 50 KM from Kabul despite weeks of constant takeover? Was handing babies and kids over walls to soldiers part of the plan? People falling off of planes? Dead people outside of the airport? You fucking realize the second the last International reporter and any military personnel leave it’ll be a slaughter of anyone who tried to leave and didn’t make it out, right?

Oh but he met with Un, called some African countries shitholes(they are), LMFAO. Fuck out of here. At least theres cell service in Afghanistan so we can see what’s really going on and not just believing everything joe said in his first ever presser 5 days after shit hit the fan. 5 fucking days!

(Presuming the mods don't delete my post again...) Trump didn't have a plan. His big leave Afghanistan policy was nothing but a ruse according to his last secdef Chris Miller. The end goal they were pursuing was to strongarm the Afghanis president Ashraf Ghani to quit or accept a bitter power-sharing agreement with the Taliban, and to keep some U.S. troops in Afghanistan for counterrorism missions.

But yes, Biden failed to polish this turd and instead flung it directly into the fan.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Captainant said:

(Presuming the mods don't delete my post again...) Trump didn't have a plan. His big leave Afghanistan policy was nothing but a ruse according to his last secdef Chris Miller. The end goal they were pursuing was to strongarm the Afghanis president Ashraf Ghani to quit or accept a bitter power-sharing agreement with the Taliban, and to keep some U.S. troops in Afghanistan for counterrorism missions.

But yes, Biden failed to polish this turd and instead flung it directly into the fan.

Yeah you know it's more than just turd polishing.  The trip admin. started the shit show, no briefings of the incoming admin., roadblocks to immigrant resettlement by his boys, but the misinformation attempts in that presser yesterday were pathetic.  Even the fall in line press corps was calling him out.

4 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Yeah you know it's more than just turd polishing.  The trip admin. started the shit show, no briefings of the incoming admin., roadblocks to immigrant resettlement by his boys, but the misinformation attempts in that presser yesterday were pathetic.  Even the fall in line press corps was calling him out.

But both sides.   Yes both sides.   This has been a long time coming, and Biden is like Carter dealing with the “polished turds”. It’s shit no matter how polished it is, and nobody else prior dealt with it.  

• Hook 'Em 3

1 minute ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

But both sides.   Yes both sides.   This has been a long time coming, and Biden is like Carter dealing with the “polished turds”. It’s shit no matter how polished it is, and nobody else prior dealt with it.  

Leaning further into the Texas football metaphor... I do get Chuck Strong vibes from Biden - not the best guy for the job but at least trying, and addressing some long overdue issues. I have no doubt our next pres will be about as successful as MENSA as well.

2 hours ago, Captainant said:

Might just be that the mods don't want to read all that shit and they wait for users to report posts.  I imagine the DTs safe spacers flag anything remotely political if they disagree with it.  

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Bojack said:

Might just be that the mods don't want to read all that shit and they wait for users to report posts.  I imagine the DTs safe spacers flag anything remotely political if they disagree with it.  

I agree that's probably what's happening, and I certainly understand the mod team just being DONE, but I'm still going to point out when the mods are building an echo chamber that has mod-enforced punishments for dissent. 

• Hook 'Em 1

One thing they should do is stop allowing a restart to every thread that they move to the CR.  The 5 threads at the top of the page in DT right now are AISD back to school which is largely about Covid, Afghanistan reboot thread, Covid vaccine, Covid reboot (version 5.0), and Cuba which I'm sure is totally non-political.  

26 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Carter dealt with polished turds ?  He had the Iran hostage crisis, not of his doing.  

Mr. Biden only "dealt with it" because we had an agreement to leave. He said he wanted out of Afghanistan in his trump speeches, but those are often casualties of action.   So unless he was gonna say fuck that, and stay he was leaving, and how this admin. has handled it has been less than stellar.

9 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Carter dealt with polished turds ?  He had the Iran hostage crisis, not of his doing.  

Mr. Biden only "dealt with it" because we had an agreement to leave. He said he wanted out of Afghanistan in his trump speeches, but those are often casualties of action.   So unless he was gonna say fuck that, and stay he was leaving, and how this admin. has handled it has been less than stellar.

“We had an agreement to leave”, did Biden make that?  Did he invade the country in the first place?  Answer those two questions, please sir.  

It seems we are continually cleaning up the fucking mess that the “party of small government “ makes, because they, like small children, are only capable of breaking things they don’t understand.  I’ve had enough of it.   

Edited by Judge Roybeanbag
  • Hook 'Em 1

39 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

“We had an agreement to leave”, did Biden make that?  Did he invade the country in the first place?  Answer those two questions, please sir.  

Yeah we had an agreement to leave, and his admin. has done it poorly to say the least.

He himself said he was going to get us out of Afghanistan. So it doesn't matter if he started it or not at that point. He was going to extract us per his words.

Edited by Onboard 2.0

8 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Why are you making an argument where there isn't one? Unless I missed the post the no one here at least, is blaming the Biden admin for leaving. They had 8+ months to figure out the best way to do it and this is what they did? A total clusterfuck, we could pick 3 random assholes off this site and come up with a better plan in less then 24 hours

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

11 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Yes yes he has done poorly, but your measuring stick is busted, and you should hang your head in shame that we are even discussing this.

1 minute ago, Smax said:

Why are you making an argument where there isn't one? Unless I missed the post the no one here at least, is blaming the Biden admin for leaving. They had 8+ months to figure out the best way to do it and this is what they did? A total clusterfuck, we could pick 3 random assholes off this site and come up with a better plan in less then 24 hours

And the previous administration did what?   Maybe The Afghanistan people should have worn masks or been masked.  Maybe we should’ve exported a ton of horse paste.   Fuck you.  You broke this shit, you own it.   You fix it.  

21 hours ago, BabaYaga said:

LOL, Biden tore up virtually every other Trump put in place that WASN'T ratified by congress.  As Trump tore up the Iran dean, Biden was under ZERO obligation to do jack shit with this he inherited from Trump.....because it also wasn't binding.  

He did tear it up. We left in August which added time for all parties to plan both here and over there. The hate engine chorus really loves to sing when they're out of power. 

Someone has already probably made the above point. I'd checked out of this thread and returned to see what the discussion is.

"Worst foreign relations disaster since Reagan." Note the word is relations instead of policy. Hmmm, if you're really talking about foreign relations, how far back do you really have to go? Let's see, Johnson? Harding? Either Roosevelt? Oh! Wait!

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

As for policy? How about abandoning our allies, the Kurds, to the tender mercies of the Turks? Sucking up to N. Korea and Russia and Saudi?

Thinly veiled Trump apologist scribbling.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

And the previous administration did what?   Maybe The Afghanistan people should have worn masks or been masked.  Maybe we should’ve exported a ton of horse paste.   Fuck you.  You broke this shit, you own it.   You fix it.  

Great we've moved into the "but Trump" era..

2 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

He did tear it up. We left in August which added time for all parties to plan both here and over there. The hate engine chorus really loves to sing when they're out of power. 

Someone has already probably made the above point. I'd checked out of this thread and returned to see what the discussion is.

"Worst foreign relations disaster since Reagan." Note the word is relations instead of policy. Hmmm, if you're really talking about foreign relations, how far back do you really have to go? Let's see, Johnson? Harding? Either Roosevelt? Oh! Wait!

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

As for policy? How about abandoning our allies, the Kurds, to the tender mercies of the Turks? Sucking up to N. Korea and Russia and Saudi?

Thinly veiled Trump apologist scribbling.

Should have posted the Trump-Putin press conference in Helsinki. Not much else needs to be said for horrible foreign relations/policy decisions. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Im just getting started, YOU need to get away,  I’m going to leg sweep you into a reality where brown people rule your life.  Oh you will hate it., but it’s going to happen.  

LOL ok....

1 hour ago, Captainant said:

Leaning further into the Texas football metaphor... I do get Chuck Strong vibes from Biden - not the best guy for the job but at least trying, and addressing some long overdue issues. I have no doubt our next pres will be about as successful as MENSA as well.

Lean harder into football metaphor.  Biden is Shawn Watson.

47 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Yes yes he has done poorly, but your measuring stick is busted, and you should hang your head in shame that we are even discussing this.

No, you're just pissed somebody is bashing Biden for the poor way his admin has handled this.  They fucked up badly, some of it was baked in before they even started, but they're looking very bad right now, and people are going to die as a result of their poor, AND lack of decision making.

• Hook 'Em 1

17 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

No, you're just pissed somebody is bashing Biden for the poor way his admin has handled this.  They fucked up badly, some of it was baked in before they even started, but they're looking very bad right now, and people are going to die as a result of their poor, AND lack of decision making.

Sad that the previous administration couldn’t have dealt with it, see how that works?  The fact is, sparky, Republicans and the GOP are impotent, emasculated doves.   They accomplish nothing and leave smoking ruins in their wakes. If that’s what you want from government, fine just admit it.

• Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Sad that the previous administration couldn’t have dealt with it, see how that works?  The fact is, sparky, Republicans and the GOP are impotent, emasculated doves.   They accomplish nothing and leave smoking ruins in their wakes. If that’s what you want from government, fine just admit it.

Jesus, dude Mr. Bidens admin has fucked up, it's not a secret.... except for you I think.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

You're better than this.  It's blatant incompetence.  You're too old to be called sparky.  You can choose your dimunition.

1 hour ago, Poolflood said:

You're better than this.  It's blatant incompetence.  You're too old to be called sparky.  You can choose your dimunition.

Whoa, blatant incompetence?   Go fuck yourself.   All the bad shit we are experiencing now, came from Republican administrations and frankly, if you were standing in front of me right now I’d kill you and not feel bad about it.  Again, go fuck your self.  You, your party, and your ilk as you like to call it have done nothing but cause havoc on this great nation.  I look forward to not pissing on your grave, it it were on fire.  Fuck all of you.   I’m done being civil. 

Whoa, blatant incompetence?   Go fuck yourself.   All the bad shit we are experiencing now, came from Republican administrations and frankly, if you were standing in front of me right now I’d kill you and not feel bad about it.  Again, go fuck your self.  You, your party, and your ilk as you like to call it have done nothing but cause havoc on this great nation.  I look forward to not pissing on your grave, it it were on fire.  Fuck all of you.   I’m done being civil. 

Oh go rub one out to your sons girlfriend
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

Dude, you might wanna edit this post.  Not a good look on the killing threat.

• Hook 'Em 2

Judge, it's okay to admit that Biden isn't handling this in a particularly impressive fashion. It happens. Hopefully, things stabilize, and we can get the people who need to get out, out. Unless things deteriorate rapidly, this will barely be discussed in a year. Right now though, the "other team" has their first real "Biden is fucking up!" moment, so of course they're going to revel in it. 

But refusing to acknowledge any mistakes by "your guy" and blaming everyone else is what the last 5 years have been, leading people to eat horse paste rather than acknowledge truth. 

• Hook 'Em 4

4 minutes ago, aggie08 said:

Judge, it's okay to admit that Biden isn't handling this in a particularly impressive fashion. It happens. Hopefully, things stabilize, and we can get the people who need to get out, out. Unless things deteriorate rapidly, this will barely be discussed in a year. Right now though, the "other team" has their first real "Biden is fucking up!" moment, so of course they're going to revel in it. 

But refusing to acknowledge any mistakes by "your guy" and blaming everyone else is what the last 5 years have been, leading people to eat horse paste rather than acknowledge truth. 

There's nothing to revel in here. People are in serious danger over there.  It's.not just Mr. Biden, it's his team who've advised him on the actions he's taken.  Serious miscalculations were made about the Afghan military all along.  They just don't seem to have a real good course of action here that leads me to believe this will end well.

3 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Dude, you might wanna edit this post.  Not a good look on the killing threat.

There was no killing threat there, you’re evidently capable of doing that yourselves.   I was pointing out that you’re an ignorant fuckstick.  That is my right.  The repeal of the fairness doctrine says, you and Minnesota Longhorn are ignorant fucksticks.  Fight me.

2 minutes ago, Judge Roybeanbag said:

There was no killing threat there, you’re evidently capable of doing that yourselves.   I was pointing out that you’re an ignorant fuckstick.  That is my right.  The repeal of the fairness doctrine says, you and Minnesota Longhorn are ignorant fucksticks.  Fight me.

and frankly, if you were standing in front of me right now I’d kill you and not feel bad about it.

Your words say otherwise ^^