New SEC divisions and pods thread (Page 30 starts recent discussion)

mdmost

5 minutes ago, gatormarc said:

There probably is and the negotiation is ongoing.

May not be a bad idea to separate the OU/UT negotiation with the 9 game negotiation.

2 years ago that made sense but now its all together. Show espn the value in texas/ou together + each teams games vs aggie, piggy, uga, lsu, florida etc and thats millions of more viewers + extra conference games like kent vs ole miss. Those extra conf game , sec getting even $5million/game is worth it to sec, i would think. 

1 minute ago, TheContractor said:

2 years ago that made sense but now its all together. Show espn the value in texas/ou together + each teams games vs aggie, piggy, uga, lsu, florida etc and thats millions of more viewers + extra conference games like kent vs ole miss. Those extra conf game , sec getting even $5million/game is worth it to sec, i would think. 

Theoretically I agree with you. But this is happening when ESPN is laying off people and I think I read they are in the middle of negotiating some other sports right now as well.

Maybe they'll be more receptive in a year.

• Hook 'Em 2

Texas A&M needs to inform the rest of the conference post haste that once we officially get in, we will be ramrodding a 9 game schedule down everybody's throat whether they want it or not. Because that's apparently what we do as part of our being bad conference mates. Alabraska needs to get the message.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 7
  • Drool 1

1 hour ago, TheContractor said:

Need majority vote in June 2024. 5 this year + Texas + ou = 7 out of 16. Need 2 more. Bama and Saban will remain a no if he gets Lsu, Auburn, Tenn and Saban has some pull(somehow). Should be able to get 2 more yes next year to get to 9 yes votes. 

I have zero insight into the history regarding the politics of the SEC but this is my gut feel of how in the future voting block alliances will form. I am putting it here so those that do have insight may be able to contribute with insider information.

Outsiders Block
---------------------------
Texas
OU
Missouri (Have zero voice now they may feel they get some say this way)
Arkansas (Have zero voice now they may feel they get some say this way)

Atlantic Rivals Block
------------------------
Georgia
Florida

Small School Block
-----------------------------------
South Carolina
Ole Miss
Miss St
Kentucky

Worthy of Praise and their little group roadie
---------------------------------------------
LSU
Aggy (Still no mind of their own just not Texas, LSU decides)

Agenda Driver plus Allies Block
--------------------------------
Alabama
Auburn
Tennessee
Vandy

So if this becomes the voting block breakdown then Arkansas may be the only extra vote, where does the other one come from? Alabama would have to stop being a bitch.

7 hours ago, mdmost said:

Bama, Auburn and the Vols noticeably absent from the list.  Pathetic.

Pretty easy for them to vote for 8 knowing Bama-Vols and UGA-Auburn will be on the schedule in '24.  Will be a lot harder to vote for 8 for the following year knowing that those games won't be played.  Hopefully the boosters at those schools step up and put the pressure on to go to 9.

3-6-6 will deliver more quality games every year.

Expecting this eight game slate for next year:
bama
georgia
florida
aggy
lsu
oklahoma
piggy
ole miss
welcome to the sec

Probably throw Tennessee instead of Ole Miss and I’m right there with you. Three tough East and West teams will be our indoctrination to the SEC. Plus all of them want to see us “on the road”! There ain’t a one denying that!

Hook’em!!!

On 6/2/2023 at 8:44 AM, mdmost said:

i thought saban was against scrub games - guess not - or his administration trumps his take

shame on pig, vols, klan and barn - you fancy yourselves to be massive sides - act like it

riddle me this: so now that aggy is exposed as wanting 9, that means they will buy out their scrubs (with our money) and trade up, right?

and the screencap thread will see a sudden turn away from "evil sips conference killers wanting 9 games", right?

On 6/2/2023 at 9:58 AM, mdmost said:

Given we're just wrapping up a series, I would think Texas getting Bama isn't as likely. I'd imagine OU will get Tennessee as they had a series planned  for 2024 that was cancelled by the SEC. We'll get a marquee opponent for sure like Georgia. I'd imagine regionality is going to be a big part of this temporary schedule. So we'll see most of the SEC West and then a couple from the SEC East. That way everyone's panties don't get in a wad. I'm hoping for Tennessee and Vandy because those would be fun destinations to travel to. There's worse things than a weekend in Nashville. 

bama and lsu have both been here in the last 5 years, klan 10 years ago, missouri & pig 15 years ago...

florida, georgia and tenn will be asserting their authoritai for trips to Austin

On 6/2/2023 at 1:32 PM, TheContractor said:

Good question. I think, not sure, espn has a new sec deal from 2024 to 2034 but i dont think that includes Texas/Ou. Logically, IF thats true, espn has to up the deal. If it does include Tx/ou, thats that's bad on Sec part. 

I believe I read that the SEC's contract w/ Disney included a pro rata increase for any added teams above 14, so they are already getting "more money."  This kerfuffle is that the SEC wants even more than the pro rata increase because they added Texas and OU, which are additive above/beyond the average SEC team, plus going to the 9-game schedule would have added a ton of "extra" high-value games.  No sense to give those extra games in the 9-game away for "free," as part of the pro rata's baked in increase; they have more value than that and Disney should pay for it.  

Sounds like right now Disney's business situation didn't allow for that, or they weren't open to paying enough for it.  So, away we go with 8.  I really believe if you gave the coaches and AD's of every SEC program truth serum, they'd all say that 9-games is a better fan experience and better for the SEC.  But with just the pro rata increase, losing the home cupcake game revenues (and potentially the bowl game, although I think that aspect is overblown) are bigger than the additional TV cut they're going to get.

• Hook 'Em 3

2 hours ago, Horn of Gabriel said:

I believe I read that the SEC's contract w/ Disney included a pro rata increase for any added teams above 14, so they are already getting "more money."  This kerfuffle is that the SEC wants even more than the pro rata increase because they added Texas and OU, which are additive above/beyond the average SEC team, plus going to the 9-game schedule would have added a ton of "extra" high-value games.  No sense to give those extra games in the 9-game away for "free," as part of the pro rata's baked in increase; they have more value than that and Disney should pay for it.  

Sounds like right now Disney's business situation didn't allow for that, or they weren't open to paying enough for it.  So, away we go with 8.  I really believe if you gave the coaches and AD's of every SEC program truth serum, they'd all say that 9-games is a better fan experience and better for the SEC.  But with just the pro rata increase, losing the home cupcake game revenues (and potentially the bowl game, although I think that aspect is overblown) are bigger than the additional TV cut they're going to get.

100% agree. 

6-6 and bowl game is better than 5-7 no bowl and couple million more for school. might get to keep your job at 6-6 a couple years into your contract. 

5 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

i thought saban was against scrub games - guess not - or his administration trumps his take

shame on pig, vols, klan and barn - you fancy yourselves to be massive sides - act like it

riddle me this: so now that aggy is exposed as wanting 9, that means they will buy out their scrubs (with our money) and trade up, right?

and the screencap thread will see a sudden turn away from "evil sips conference killers wanting 9 games", right?

aggy probably thought they were voting to just play 9 games total.

Edited by Deej
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 7

3 hours ago, Horn of Gabriel said:

It may be a blessing in disguise for us. With our non con schedule vs tOSU and Michigan over the next few seasons, a 9 game schedule would be absolutely brutal the first couple of years.

5 minutes ago, cochamps said:

With their traditional 4 non-con pussies.

Of course.  And 8 home games.

10 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

It may be a blessing in disguise for us. With our non con schedule vs tOSU and Michigan over the next few seasons, a 9 game schedule would be absolutely brutal the first couple of years.

Meh. 

4 hours ago, John80 said:

The money should have been settled BEFORE further expansion. They shouldn't be haggling over this now when the SEC has zero leverage. Some SEC schools have been successful in spite of the incompetent SEC management.

No one says no when Texas and OU come calling.  You say yes and figure it out.  We'll get to 9, it's a matter of when and how much.

...Imagine Sankey saying "Sorry Texas and OU we'll just need to open a who-knows-how-long media negotiation with ESPN on your value before we say yes."  Everyone knows what would have happened: word of Texas/OU leaving would have leaked earlier, A&M would have a lot more time to rev up opposition at the state level and in the SEC, and we would be stuck in the boat anchor big 12 for god knows how long.

On 6/2/2023 at 12:50 PM, mdmost said:

OU in Dallas

Arkansas- home

aggy- away

LSU- away

Miss State- home

Mizzou- home

Florida- away

South Carolina- away

shirley, you really think disney is going to sign off on an opening home slate of.....  i can't believe this is what you think......

klan aggy, tigger and pig?

1 of florida georgia tennessee are coming to austin next year - book it

1 minute ago, Hagbard Celine said:

shirley, you really think disney is going to sign off on an opening home slate of.....  i can't believe this is what you think......

klan aggy, tigger and pig?

1 of florida georgia tennessee are coming to austin next year - book it

While I agree with your sentiment, a couple of things:

1) The schedule will be voted on without Texas. Doesn’t mean we can’t have input, but we will not have a vote. That may mean that we get the shit end of the stick during this flex year in a temporary schedule. While they will want big SEC opponents for Texas, nothing really requires that they be played at DKR.

2) Disney/ESPN can pick the game times but not the dates or opponents and they do not have a vote. The schedule is the SEC’s prerogative. They can ask for input from their TV partners but they can also just do what they feel is best. Typically they announce who plays who and then consult TV for the best dates to make sure they spread out their most attractive matchups.

3) That being said, we will get 4 SEC home games next year. Since we play AT Michigan (which was supposed to be a home game we swapped to get us into the conference early) they will have to give us at least one attractive matchup on our home schedule for ticket sales. UF or UGA are the best bets. UF has been to aggy and UGA hasn’t so that’s where I’d lean towards (though I think when I looked logically at the full schedule previously UF made the most sense). But pig, 2 weaker teams (SC/MSU), and a big name team (UGA) is likely what we’ll see at home in 24, while we play aggy, LSU, and a weaker team (like UK) away.

I think two things are realistic. First, both Texas and OU will get marquee home games that will be the SEC Game of the Week for the first SEC games we each host. Hosting Arkansas, rekindling that old rivalry is a pretty safe bet. For OU, it's Florida or some other big name like LSU or Bama, as the first home game in Norman. We'll get a kiss but so will the newer SEC teams like aggy and MIzzou who rolled over to not be a problem, outside of aggy being a bitch and going to the press first. Second, each will get Texas and OU at home. I don't think the SEC gives us the schedule of death just like the Big 12 didn't give either of us the schedule of death this year. 

But as always, we'll see. 

On 6/2/2023 at 8:50 AM, Pimphand said:

Which Michigan @ ND game were you at?  I was there in 2006 when Mario Manningham drug his nuts all over the ND secondary.

The only other UM ND games I went to were in Ann Arbor but it was always a good time.

2007 good ole Jimmy Claussen came in a pitched a shutout
2009 ND let Tate Forcier score the winning TD with 11 seconds to go
2011 was the Denard Robinson 4th quarter special

The only games I've seen Notre Dame win were the 1995, 1996, & 2015 games vs Texas #fuck

I went to the one in 2009 with a Michigan buddy.  The last minute touchdown happened right in front of where we sat.    Great game but the seating is a total beating.  Knees into backs when sitting.  Having to turn a little sideways when standing.  

22 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

Saban publicly bitched about Bama's projected permanent opponents, Auburn, Tennessee, and LSU. Apparently LSU was a bridge too far. He likely killed 9 games when he opened his mouth. The theory is Bama wants to flip LSU for MS State. Also ESPN paying more would help. 

20 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Saban publicly bitched about Bama's projected permanent opponents, Auburn, Tennessee, and LSU. Apparently LSU was a bridge too far. He likely killed 9 games when he opened his mouth. The theory is Bama wants to flip LSU for MS State. Also ESPN paying more would help. 

Well, in fairness, that is a bridge too far. LSU isn't a long standing rivalry. It's a fairly new rivalry. Historically, MSU is a much longer rivalry and the 3 permanents shouldn't be ridiculously unbalanced like that. For us it will be OU, aggy, and Arkansas. That's pretty balanced. Not everyone is going to get Vanderbilt and South Carolina. 

pig/aggy are the same thing; definitely both in a 3-6-6 but only 1 in an 8-game slate; given a choice of aggy or pig at dkr it's aggy because they owe us the return game after pussing out in '12; but if we have to go to pyle to treat their sandy vag then we need a hot ticket for the season holders and that ain't pig.

5 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Well, in fairness, that is a bridge too far. LSU isn't a long standing rivalry. It's a fairly new rivalry. Historically, MSU is a much longer rivalry and the 3 permanents shouldn't be ridiculously unbalanced like that. For us it will be OU, aggy, and Arkansas. That's pretty balanced. Not everyone is going to get Vanderbilt and South Carolina. 

Fair enough. Saban/Bama have no need for the LSU game. They already do what they want in Louisiana recruiting. 

7 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

Obviously, this won’t happen, but they really should just do 11 conference games and 1 OOC.  Nobody plays more than 1 real team in OOC, anyway.  We want to be able to have our yearly game against Michigan, Ohio State, etc., but who gives a fuck about the other Rice and Louisiana Monroe type games?

It would also make conference scheduling easy.  Two eight team divisions.  Play all 7 of the other teams in your division ever year, plus 4 of the 8 in the other division.  

The only reasons this wouldn’t happen are schools hating giving up cupcake wins and giving up an extra home game or two against directional patsies.  Neither of those is a really great reason, especially if you can get a better tv deal from having more real games instead of 25% of the season being trash directional schools.  

If we’re going to have an era of superconferences and an expanded playoff, then take advantage of it.  Play an NFL type schedule instead of beating up on sisters of the poor until October.  

you are consigning aggy to losing seasons for eternity

1 hour ago, longhornmatt said:

Obviously, this won’t happen, but they really should just do 11 conference games and 1 OOC.  Nobody plays more than 1 real team in OOC, anyway.  We want to be able to have our yearly game against Michigan, Ohio State, etc., but who gives a fuck about the other Rice and Louisiana Monroe type games?

It would also make conference scheduling easy.  Two eight team divisions.  Play all 7 of the other teams in your division ever year, plus 4 of the 8 in the other division.  

The only reasons this wouldn’t happen are schools hating giving up cupcake wins and giving up an extra home game or two against directional patsies.  Neither of those is a really great reason, especially if you can get a better tv deal from having more real games instead of 25% of the season being trash directional schools.  

If we’re going to have an era of superconferences and an expanded playoff, then take advantage of it.  Play an NFL type schedule instead of beating up on sisters of the poor until October.  

Some heavy hitters already have preexisting OOC commitments like Georgia with Georgia Tech and Florida with FSU. Georgia likes good OOC matchups so removing the ability to schedule Notre Dame is a non-starter

2 hours ago, longhornmatt said:

LOL at claiming the only reason something that has never happened wouldn't happen is due to a totally sensible reason for it not happening. 

Edited by Catdaddyhorn

4 hours ago, mdmost said:

if you take the last 10 years into account, Tenn, Au and Lsu is below avg bc Tenn and Au have been down but i get your point. Saban has been nbegging for 9 games for 15 years but as soon as Tenn and Lsu beat them in 2022 and kept them out the playoffs, he changes his tune. Tenn, Au and Lsu are the right 3 for Bama imo. 

10 minutes ago, TheContractor said:

if you take the last 10 years into account, Tenn, Au and Lsu is below avg bc Tenn and Au have been down but i get your point. Saban has been nbegging for 9 games for 15 years but as soon as Tenn and Lsu beat them in 2022 and kept them out the playoffs, he changes his tune. Tenn, Au and Lsu are the right 3 for Bama imo. 

I don't think Saban is trying to duck Auburn or Tennessee and frankly he's owned LSU outside of a few years. But making them play all 3 year after year without a weaker opponent isn't going to fly. Bama runs that conference. They're not going to do something Saban doesn't want to do. I have a post in here somewhere where I guessed the 3 permanents for everyone. I went with Auburn, Tennessee, and Miss St as Bama's 3 permanents. The true outliers are ones like Florida and South Carolina simply because of geography. 

Edited by mdmost

46 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Tennessee getting good didn’t help with the Bama vote. That loss was a no huddle, spread, bad defense personal nightmare for Saban. Everything else he says about scheduling is bullshit. He’s not saying anything if Tennessee went 4-8 last season. 

Well sure but it's their biggest out of state rival. Certainly bigger than LSU which is a much more limited history. Georgia has the same problem. They'll want Florida, Auburn, and will need another team  to provide some balance. Not sure who that third team would be but it's not going to be Tennessee as you can't put Tennessee with both Bama and Georgia. That's murder. 

This is what I came up with before. I'll have to rethink a 3rd for aggy because OU, Texas, and LSU would be way too hard. I tried to lean more to geography and long standing rivalries. With newer SEC teams, that goes a bit out the window like Mizzou. There's also weird rumors that OU would get Florida. I paired LSU and Florida because that's an every year game that crosses divisions like Auburn Georgia. They've played every year since 1971.  

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/southeastern-conference-most-played-rivalries-all-time-entering-2019/

Best guess for all 3:

aggy-LSU, Texas, OU*

Alabama-Tenn, Auburn, Miss St

Arkansas-Texas, Mizzou, Ole Miss

Auburn-Georgia, Alabama, Miss St

Florida-Georgia, LSU, South Carolina

Georgia-Florida, Auburn, South Carolina

Kentucky-Tennessee, Vanderbilt, South Carolina

LSU- Florida, aggy, Ole Miss

Miss State-Alabama, Ole Miss, Auburn

Mizzou-OU, Arkansas, Vanderbilt

Ole Miss-LSU, Miss State, Arkansas

OU-Texas, Mizzou, aggy*

South Carolina-Georgia, Kentucky, Florida

Tennessee-Alabama, Kentucky, Vanderbilt

Texas-OU, aggy, Arkansas

Vanderbilt-Kentucky, Tennessee, Mizzou

Edited by mdmost

The OU-UF pairing has been a consistent prediction/guess from Ross Dellenger going back to spring of 2022.

https://www.si.com/college/2022/05/24/sec-football-schedule-future

It wasn't based on any inside knowledge, but on him trying to create a balanced mix of rivals, geography, and parity, also using the top 8/bottom 8 theory that everyone was using last year before Saban mentioned their competitive matrix that the SEC was using when he started his complaints about possibly getting Auburn, Tennessee, and LSU.

Not saying it won't happen, but it seems to fly in the face of what the SEC has talked about with regards to protecting actual rivalries.

UF has no shortage of them and it would be sub-optimal if we ended up with Oklahoma vs say one of Tennessee, LSU, or Auburn, though since UF has been a big proponent of making 9 happen, it could be our AD is being overly flexible for the league.

Edited by gatormarc
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, mdmost said:

I don't think Saban is trying to duck Auburn or Tennessee and frankly he's owned LSU outside of a few years. But making them play all 3 year after year without a weaker opponent isn't going to fly. Bama runs that conference. They're not going to do something Saban doesn't want to do. I have a post in here somewhere where I guessed the 3 permanents for everyone. I went with Auburn, Tennessee, and Miss St as Bama's 3 permanents. The true outliers are ones like Florida and South Carolina simply because of geography. 

Do you not know how they made the schedule?

They took the last 10 year’s conference records for all schools. The top 8 in order were (going off memory here because too lazy to look up) were Bama, UGA, OU, LSU, Florida, Texas, aggy, Auburn.

They set it up so everyone in the top 8 played 2 other top 8 teams annually, and 1 from the bottom 8 (again from memory) were Mizzou, Ole Miss, Miss St, South Carolina, Tennessee, Kentucky, Arkansas, Vandy. The bottom 8 did the reverse, 2 from the bottom 8 and 1 from the top.

Giving Alabama MSU over LSU means they don’t play any team in the top 7 of the league annually (Auburn was #8 barely beating out Mizzou). Tennessee has been down and Bama as a result has had a weaker schedule for over a decade. Allowing them to annually duck LSU (which is likely the MOST valuable game for the SEC over the last decade) would be a bitch move and they shouldn’t be allowed to get away with it.

You want to dump Tennessee then fine but that LSU game shouldn’t be negotiable. It would be a relatively easy switch. Drop Tenn, pick up MSU, aggy (who loses MSU) gets SC, and Florida (who loses SC) get Tenn. EZPZ

And if anyone bitches about SOS reminder that Auburn has and will play #1 AND #2 every year.

Saban is a scared little bitch and deserves to be called out as such.

• Hook 'Em 4

46 minutes ago, gatormarc said:

The OU-UF pairing has been a consistent prediction/guess from Ross Dellenger going back to spring of 2022.

https://www.si.com/college/2022/05/24/sec-football-schedule-future

It wasn't based on any inside knowledge, but on him trying to create a balanced mix of rivals, geography, and parity, also using the top 8/bottom 8 theory that everyone was using last year before Saban mentioned their competitive matrix that the SEC was using when he started his complaints about possibly getting Auburn, Tennessee, and LSU.

Not saying it won't happen, but it seems to fly in the face of what the SEC has talked about with regards to protecting actual rivalries.

UF has no shortage of them and it would be sub-optimal if we ended up with Oklahoma vs say one of Tennessee, LSU, or Auburn, though since UF has been a big proponent of making 9 happen, it could be our AD is being overly flexible for the league.

I understand Florida fan frustration but just take the top 8 and fill in 2 games and come up with a better solution:

Bama: Auburn, ?
UGA: UF, Auburn
OU: TX, ?
LSU: ?, aggy
UF: UGA, ?
TX: OU, aggy
aggy: LSU, TX
Auburn: Bama, UGA

The above seem to be relatively set in stone, and from Florida’s perspective I could see you arguing for UF/LSU annually but that forced rivalry has not been seen by the schools in the best of light over the last decade where they’ve openly discussed trying to cancel it. Out of all the possible combinations, LSU/Bama is the ratings giant that ESPN will want annually, which leaves UF/OU as the odd pairing.

On the bright side. While Florida will play LSU/Tenn/UK less regularly, they will now play Auburn/Ole Miss/Bama with more frequency and that doesn’t seem like a horrible trade from where I’m sitting.

UGA, SC, LSU, Tenn, UK, Vandy, Mizzou every year becomes

UGA, SC, Bama, Auburn, Ole Miss, Arkansas, aggy

and that’s without throwing TX/OU I to the mix.

51 minutes ago, gatormarc said:

It sounds like the "top 8" isn't really a hard set thing though.

It sounds like the SEC will start with rivalries, and then fill in the rest based on balancing out the difficulty.

I mean, sure, none of it is hard set but they were trying to fit rivalries with a competitive balance.

Giving the #1 team of the last 15 years the #8, #11, #13 annually (avg 10.6) while the #7 team gets #3, #4, #6 every year (avg 4.3) as mdmost suggested and you’re going to have a problem “balancing out the difficulty”.

The SEC stated they would work to protect primary and secondary rivalries, true, but to keep a competitive balance you have to set standards which is the conference winning percentage over the last decade.

Hard to argue with the data. Saban whined that Tennessee is more difficult now but he didn’t have a leg to stand on arguing with the data, which is why he just acted dumb and befuddled to the media about the whole thing and ignored any questions where they attempted to explain it to him.

• Hook 'Em 1

10 hours ago, Nueces River Rat said:

So does this mean we get to participate in cupcake week in November 2024 at least for one season?   Who is going to be the cupcake?   Tarleton State, maybe aggy Commerce?

Whatever FBS team we can schedule to fill our 4th OOC, preferably @ DKR.

Thanks, Sankey

15 hours ago, mdmost said:

Well sure but it's their biggest out of state rival. Certainly bigger than LSU which is a much more limited history. Georgia has the same problem. They'll want Florida, Auburn, and will need another team  to provide some balance. Not sure who that third team would be but it's not going to be Tennessee as you can't put Tennessee with both Bama and Georgia. That's murder. 

This is what I came up with before. I'll have to rethink a 3rd for aggy because OU, Texas, and LSU would be way too hard. I tried to lean more to geography and long standing rivalries. With newer SEC teams, that goes a bit out the window like Mizzou. There's also weird rumors that OU would get Florida. I paired LSU and Florida because that's an every year game that crosses divisions like Auburn Georgia. They've played every year since 1971.  

https://www.saturdaydownsouth.com/sec-football/southeastern-conference-most-played-rivalries-all-time-entering-2019/

Best guess for all 3:

aggy-LSU, Texas, OU*

Alabama-Tenn, Auburn, Miss St

Arkansas-Texas, Mizzou, Ole Miss

Auburn-Georgia, Alabama, Miss St

Florida-Georgia, LSU, South Carolina

Georgia-Florida, Auburn, South Carolina

Kentucky-Tennessee, Vanderbilt, South Carolina

LSU- Florida, aggy, Ole Miss

Miss State-Alabama, Ole Miss, Auburn

Mizzou-OU, Arkansas, Vanderbilt

Ole Miss-LSU, Miss State, Arkansas

OU-Texas, Mizzou, aggy*

South Carolina-Georgia, Kentucky, Florida

Tennessee-Alabama, Kentucky, Vanderbilt

Texas-OU, aggy, Arkansas

Vanderbilt-Kentucky, Tennessee, Mizzou

since the east/west split Bama has been bigger rivals with Lsu then Tenn but not over the past 100 years.

Aggie gets screwed, haha

Lsu/UF have only been rivalry since the E/W split, not a rivalry before that. 

Tenn must own the league bc thats way to damn easy. 

29 minutes ago, TheContractor said:

since the east/west split Bama has been bigger rivals with Lsu then Tenn but not over the past 100 years.

Aggie gets screwed, haha

Lsu/UF have only been rivalry since the E/W split, not a rivalry before that. 

Tenn must own the league bc thats way to damn easy. 

If it's Tennessee or LSU, Bama's picking Tennessee and will get it. Sure LSU is a bigger name rivalry but it's not as long standing of one.

Yeah, there's no way aggy doesn't get at least one layup.

LSU/UF have played 69 times. Nice....nice. It's a pretty long standing series, played almost every year since 1953. They took some time off in the late 60s (68, 69, 70) but picked back up in 71 and have played every year. 

Tennessee has a lot of long standing rivalries though. Kentucky/Tenn is the 3rd oldest SEC rivalry. Vandy/Tenn is the 4th oldest. Now maybe sub one out and nail Tennessee down on which of the two they want to keep. Then you get a middle tier opponent if you choose either. 

Ultimately and I expressed this way back in the winter, I think each team will get one choice for their rival which the SEC will most likely grant. For Texas that is OU and vice versa. Then you'll get one of the teams who chose you as a rival. For Texas, that's probably Arkansas. Then you'll get your in-state rival automatically (Texas/aggy, Egg Bowl, Iron Bowl, Tenn/Vandy). If you don't have that then the SEC goes to a criteria of fairness, proximity, regionality, history). Or they'll just make it weird to piss everyone off. 

• immamac changed the title to New SEC divisions and pods thread (Page 30 starts recent discussion)