New SEC divisions and pods thread (Page 30 starts recent discussion)

mdmost

6 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I think LSU gets railroaded into aggy as their 2024 rival. They’d probably prefer Ole Miss, but they’ll want MS State. My best guesses: 

Texas - OU

Bama - Auburn

Georgia - Florida 

Tennessee - Vandy

piggy - Arkansas

Ole Miss - MS State

aggy - LSu

South Carolina - Kentucky

The last one because of math, but more importantly they deserve each other. 

image.thumb.png.f1efd9e19a5d2de2e39377aab002864b.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

12 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I think LSU gets railroaded into aggy as their 2024 rival. They’d probably prefer Ole Miss, but they’ll want MS State. My best guesses: 

Texas - OU

Bama - Auburn

Georgia - Florida 

Tennessee - Vandy

piggy - Arkansas

Ole Miss - MS State

aggy - LSu

South Carolina - Kentucky

The last one because of math, but more importantly they deserve each other. 

piggy - Missouri*

38 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Well no but I think LSU won't get Bama which is who they will want. LSU might pick Florida. Bama will pick Auburn or Tennessee. No one is going to pick South Carolina but someone is going to get them regardless. There's only so many teams that can get their chosen rival.

Perhaps their current cross divisional opponent? As funny as it would be for aggy to get an “almost always lose game” as their permanent opponent, them getting an irrelevant to show them their place might be funnier.

Edited by OrangEngr

16 hours ago, mdmost said:

Kurt is such a dumb prick. Of course we're picking OU just like aggy is picking LSU as their "rival". We will always value OU over aggy as our main rival. Always.

16 hours ago, BB65 said:

But will LSU pick Aggy as their rival

226512850-256-k305449.jpg.4f91ec193fe73fcf63bc4d4d0365f91f.jpg

Who knew that this SEC football schedule hand-wringing would be reduced to sound like Pokémon-speak:  "I choose you!"  Lulz.

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

There will never be a 9 game SEC schedule because those pussies want to protect their annual November DII cupcake fest.  Fuck them.  

They are trying to bilk more money out of the pedo mouse network which seems unlikely so

Mangino's Cupcakes Served Their Purpose » 40 Acres Sports

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

There will never be a 9 game SEC schedule because those pussies want to protect their annual November DII cupcake fest.  Fuck them.  

I have no interest in scheduling a DII ever. Let aggy have all the Tarleton State and others they want. It's embarrassing that the SEC schedules these patsies. Oh.. and go App State.. stupid farmers. 

Edited by TexasBeta
  • Hook 'Em 2

4 minutes ago, TexasBeta said:

I have no interest in scheduling a DII ever. Let aggy have all the Tarleton State and others they want. It's embarrassing that the SEC schedules these patsies. Oh.. and go App State.. stupid farmers. 

Neither of those are DII teams.

58 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

DII was meant to be an exaggeration.to illustrate the pussification of the SEC and anyone who defends this practice.  However, I’m pretty sure you knew that.

• Hook 'Em 1

33 minutes ago, utee94 said:

I believe App State is now D1-A/FBS but I think they were brought up as an aside, anyway, and not as part of the SEC FCS cupcake scheduling SOP.

Still, you better believe the ags aren't about to schedule them again, ever.

I mean Sam Houston and Texas State are FBS now but scheduling them is still like scheduling a FCS team.  

• Hook 'Em 1

20 hours ago, mdmost said:

Kurt is such a dumb prick cunt. Of course we're picking OU just like aggy is picking LSU as their "rival". We will always value OU over aggy as our main rival. Always.

Got to call a spade a spade.

4 hours ago, TexasBeta said:

You should change your username. 

21 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

If they go to 8 conference games with one permanent rival we should give the big 10 a call or just tell the big 12 we changed our mind

100% this - the idea of playing OU, A&M and Arky every year was the only reason I liked it.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Deej said:

SEC...tell me you're a bunch of gaping vaginas without telling me you're a bunch of gaping vaginas. 

I prefer obesity induced shriveled penis with untreatable erectile dysfunction as my genital slur of choice.  I mean I kinda like vaginas. Well you can drop the kinda part. It’s enthusiastic enjoyment. But ain’t nobody got time for a shriveled limp dick. No one likes those. 

Edited by troph

55 minutes ago, troph said:

100% this - the idea of playing OU, A&M and Arky every year was the only reason I liked it.

This if they keep it like this just staying in the big 12 is better rather than random games people don’t care about on either side in my opinion.   Kinda takes the college football spirit out of college football with random opponents and crappy schools non conference scheduled.  SEC is pumped up and overrated minus the top few and they know it and are doing their best to protect that.  

• Hook 'Em 4

16 hours ago, Hook1997 said:

Wtf happened to pods?  That’s better than random teams every year but one, what a shit show.  

No divisions, 3 permanent rivals, play every one else H/H over any given 4 year span in a 9 conference game schedule was the best idea to me. Pending that, pods could be a reasonable intermediate step or a catastrophe depending on the implementation. If we were in a "far west" pod with OU, pig, and aggy, our scheduling in an 8-game pod arrangement would be very similar to the 9-game rival format. The biggest problem is cases in which there are teams whose rivals don't allow easy division into pods. Aggy, e.g., is the most important rival for Bama, UGA, Gator, and LSU. At least one of those teams will have to interrupt its historical and beloved rivalry, even if aggy doesn't get relegated to the "far west." 

14 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Just tells me they’re looking to get paid for adding another conference game. Hardball negotiation, but it sucks for fans. 

I think this is the real answer. Cows, milk, free. Money ultimately talks, which means 9 games is the likely end game.

13 hours ago, troph said:

We'll likely play all those teams more in a boogered-up SEC schedule than we would in any other conference alignment, and I can think of one or two other reasons to put/keep B12 in the rear-view.  Patience. 2024 is a bonus year of early departure, and most of us besides @armybrat have a chance to live to see the schedule get fixed.

8 minutes ago, Magus Ossis said:

I think this is the real answer. Cows, milk, free. Money ultimately talks, which means 9 games is the likely end game.

I've also seen it brought up several times this week about teams having to buyout their extra OOC games. Some may be happy to kick it down the road a year or two just so they can clear some inventory without having to spend the money and gives them more time to make other changes.

Of course this is also something of their own doing. If a schedule had been figured out a year ago, then they would have had a year to work on rearranging the future schedules.

1 hour ago, Magus Ossis said:

We'll likely play all those teams more in a boogered-up SEC schedule than we would in any other conference alignment, and I can think of one or two other reasons to put/keep B12 in the rear-view.  Patience. 2024 is a bonus year of early departure, and most of us besides @armybrat have a chance to live to see the schedule get fixed.

Don't worry the officer who shot your unarmed teenager is being investigated internally and I'm sure eventually it will sort itself out.  We are paying a significant amount of cash to get into this conference, fuck waiting for it to sort itself out, which I don't think it will if it doesn't happen now.

Edited by NeverMarryAStripper

20 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Don't worry the officer who shot your unarmed teenager is being investigated internally and I'm sure eventually it will sort itself out.  We are paying a significant amount of cash to get into this conference, fuck waiting for it to sort itself out, which I don't think it will if it doesn't happen now.

I think we are better off waiting.

If we come up with a temporary 8 game schedule, it's because they don't have the vote to go to 9.

But once UT and OU show up, that's two more 9-game votes.

The crap would be the 8-gamers gaining enough strength now while UT and OU are not allowed to vote to lock in 1-7 for 4 or 8 seasons.

This reeks of holding out for more TV money before making the jump to 9.  TV benefits from the additional eyes on that non-cupcake game, why shouldn't the SEC get their share?  The recent talk of a "short term" 8 conference game schedule screams "until someone pays us to do more."

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, SurlyGator said:

This reeks of holding out for more TV money before making the jump to 9.  TV benefits from the additional eyes on that non-cupcake game, why shouldn't the SEC get their share?  The recent talk of a "short term" 8 conference game schedule screams "until someone pays us to do more."

Sucks, but after letting CBS short change the league for a decade, I'm more than willing to wait a year or two for ESPN to come up with the cash, as long as it's a bridge schedule that doesn't kill any of the secondary rivalries the way a 1-7-7 will.

• Hook 'Em 1

• immamac changed the title to New SEC divisions and pods thread (Page 30 starts recent discussion)