Negative Recruiting Your Own School: The aggy Screenshot Megathread

texifornia

1 minute ago, Reynolds Woodcock said:

IMG_7036.jpeg

Yes, let's get rid of the rot that caused our downfall (unless we can moneywhip the players into staying).  Let's clear the deck of the coaches that created this problem (other than the 50% we can't afford to fire and the new head coach who was part of the old coaching staff that we brought back).  Let's lay the foundation (to lose to Texas) by hiring an offensive coordinator running an antiquated system that doesn't align with our recruiting base. 

I would say that 50% of TexAgs' posts are trolls but than I remember what a true Aggy is and realize, to my chagrin, that this is truly how they "think"

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

Yes! The invocation of a "lunch pail" culture is the last step before serious aggies start to call for fall camp in Junction with no cell phones, fat little girlfriends, or other distractions. I can't wait until they have themselves in a froth this fall about 3 stars with 5 star culture who want to be Ags, and are ready to run through the wall for the Elk.

Fortunately for us, they lack insight and internally consistent strategic thinking. They raise money but mistake the purpose of money and squander it. They hire a good HC with a sound technique of starting the program with an ultimatum, but the players to whom he is delivering it have other options preferable to conforming to his ways. They amass talent but do so in a lopsided fashion that leaves critical weaknesses while reinforcing strong points. They hire a good OC who can get B+ results from C talent, but their hope is to gain A results from A talent. They recognize the importance of retaining key players but misunderstand who is worth retaining and possible to retain, as well as how to achieve retention. And so on.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

Some phrases you will hear a lot in coming months:
"Clear the deck"
"Total Rebuild"
"down to the studs"
"only those who want to be here"
"Cultural rebuild"
"Mercenaries"
"Jimbo destroyed the locker-room culture"
"Roster mismanagement"
"get his own players"
"laying the foundation"

I like the way you think. Maybe someone generates aggy bingo cards to give us some fun when the dreaded offseason hits:

6760c902642201d8a24f30cbbb5bc128.jpg
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Holy shit. First the wanted to keep Robinson so that they could keep the 2022 class together.

Robinson leaves, the remaining top 2022 kids start to leave.

Now it's The Melk is clearing the roster riffraff, check notes of 5-stars and high 4-stars, for the guys he wants.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Hook 'Em 2

1 minute ago, Scholz said:

"The Elk"

MFers just can't help dorking every GD name up.  I mean these are the biggest dweebs on the planet.  Everything they say is cringe.  It's painful to watch.

Elko is a perfectly solid last name. "Mike Elko" sounds like a cowboy's name given the city in Nevada. Obviously, the real Melk would crush any horse he tried to ride, but that's beside the point.

The Elk just sounds strange. I can't see it catching on.

1 hour ago, horn_of_the_morning said:

Some phrases you will hear a lot in coming months:

"Clear the deck"

"Total Rebuild"

"down to the studs"

"only those who want to be here"

"Cultural rebuild"

"Mercenaries"

"Jimbo destroyed the locker-room culture"

"Roster mismanagement"

"get his own players"

"laying the foundation"

"Where are the white sheep at?"

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Reynolds Woodcock said:

IMG_7036.jpeg

Knowing aggy as I do, this guy is fully expecting his "didn't show up with a lunch pail," "weak and weary," and "overrated softies" comments to be seen by, taken to heart by, and sway any aggy players with one foot in the portal. If they would just read this red asses post, take it personally and find the backbone to stick with their commitment, this good aggy will have contributed. Squeeze aggy.

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b952dnj897kfk6w74foxk