Jimbo 2019: The Only Tail Getting Busted is Candi's

closetojumping

He’s the guy who starred in Slender Man

He was LSU’s former “recruiting” guru aka bagman  who Coach O fired? who then went to Tennessee? Who couldn’t find a job?

and the only person who ever treated Hamm with respect during a Satellite camp at Baton Rouge . Hamm LOVES him. He’s written articles about how good he is at his job. Multiple articles. 

Edited by Neonmoon

2 hours ago, Atticus said:

I can only imagine the data manipulation that went into that $112,400 number. Did teachers and bookkeepers get a pay raise recently?

Some of their fake army does actually go into the army. And unless shit has changed a lot since the 80s. They make a whooole lot less than that. 

18 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Other than winning, is there anyway to counter this BS?

Yes. But I don’t see them doing it to the extent that it would take. Not out of any high moral fiber type thing but just because I think they know it’s going to be a pretty decent season and it isn’t necessary atm. I also don’t know shit.

I’m told that the sec has unwritten rules about this sort of thing.  When aggy is still losing after cheating within the rules, I’m told they will have no problem breaking the unwritten rules about cheating.  Then, the rest of the conference will have to drop the hammer on them. 

I don’t believe this is a mutually assured destruction scenario, as I think the sec is smart enough not to deal aggy in to such a game. 

Edited by Pato del Muerto

The cliffs on Jacob Phillips is that he used all five of his officials in the 2016 season and then found it in his heart to unofficially visit LSU ~one week before NSD17. His listed lead recruiter was Austin Thomas.

i think Thomas was allowed on the road because LSU had some old fart on staff and he got an NCAA waiver to be on the road in his place due to health reasons.

Also listed as K’Lavon’s recruiter. Ha

Edited by randygilman
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, randygilman said:

The cliffs on Jacob Phillips is that he used all five of his officials in the 2016 season and then found it in his heart to unofficially visit LSU ~one week before NSD17. His listed lead recruiter was Austin Thomas.

i think Thomas was allowed on the road because LSU had some old fart on staff and he got an NCAA waiver to be on the road in his place due to health reasons.

Also listed as K’Lavon’s recruiter. Ha

It was probably Bradley Dale Peveto with a gout flare up.  My guess is that  aggy will use Peveto's health as an excuse to get Thomas on the road.  

40 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

He’s a bagman. Pure and simple. A dork who coordinates moving the money around and ensuring uncles and handlers are dealt with efficiently. 

Well I'd say at least 4-5 redass Aggy HS football coaches (including 2 newly minted ones that I can think of) just got a nice raise today, am I right? Certainly worked that way in LA. 

The interesting thing to me is that if Jimbo agreed to Thomas' desire to have autonomy.  That dorky fucks whole dream is to be the NFL GM or to run a program like a GM and he will blatantly talk about doing things that are extreme violations. I mean, when Ole Miss and Tennessee back off after you freak them out with your "ideas" and need for full autonomy -- well, that's BAD. Will be super interesting to see if he is making offers and if so, if we see commits from guys that haven't even met their position coaches, etc ...  and to see if there are guys that he takes that are 100% NOT scheme fits. I'm also interested to see if he can adapt to Texas because LSU/LA is SSSOOOO insular and you can't expect people to lose their jobs if their kids don't pick Aggy, well maybe in the Katy Echo Chamber or the insurance field. 

Texas generates a series of tweets about job fairs with pictures of actual players in suits and ties testifying. 
A&M tweets a nice graph that suggests Vanderbilt is the place to be if you want to pull down a top salary and play in the SEC. He then confuses the words network and cult.
And now it occurs to me to ask, are their few black students represented in the network? I've never seen a black person going full Aggie. Has anyone else? Seems all their alumni pictures of grads humping and thumbs upping are pretty monochromatic.
Von Miller has gone full aggy on more than one occasion..

2 hours ago, closetojumping said:

He’s a bagman. Pure and simple. A dork who coordinates moving the money around and ensuring uncles and handlers are dealt with efficiently. 

So we should see more commitments go down like the PA linebacker and Demani?  Sounds about right.

11 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

The marine's OL's have been garbage the last 2 years and will be this year.

Oddly enough, Jimbo’s plodding, shitty offense might hide some of their deficiencies.  Can’t tell how bad they are when it’s three and out every drive - and they’re trying to figure who’s fault it is.

Edited by GlenFromTheMailRoom

1 minute ago, GlenFromTheMailRoom said:

Can’t tell how bad they are when it’s three and out every drive - and they’re trying to figure who’s fault it is.

Ha... had to double check to make sure I wasn't on the UT recruiting thread.

• Haha 1
  • Fuck You 5

3 hours ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Other than winning, is there anyway to counter this BS?

A school with the potential of Texas can win without the auction recruits. I personally think those types have a higher bust rate. 

3 hours ago, golfclap said:

Well I'd say at least 4-5 redass Aggy HS football coaches (including 2 newly minted ones that I can think of) just got a nice raise today, am I right? Certainly worked that way in LA. 

The interesting thing to me is that if Jimbo agreed to Thomas' desire to have autonomy.  That dorky fucks whole dream is to be the NFL GM or to run a program like a GM and he will blatantly talk about doing things that are extreme violations. I mean, when Ole Miss and Tennessee back off after you freak them out with your "ideas" and need for full autonomy -- well, that's BAD. Will be super interesting to see if he is making offers and if so, if we see commits from guys that haven't even met their position coaches, etc ...  and to see if there are guys that he takes that are 100% NOT scheme fits. I'm also interested to see if he can adapt to Texas because LSU/LA is SSSOOOO insular and you can't expect people to lose their jobs if their kids don't pick Aggy, well maybe in the Katy Echo Chamber or the insurance field. 

My thing with Thomas is, there's a finite amount of auction recruits in the region, and we aren't recruiting them anyway. If they're able to buy two or three more recruits incrementally from the other superlatively dirty programs, I don't think this really affects us, because we aren't getting Kenyon Green anyway; if A&M wasn't here, a Hugh Freezs, a Jeremy Pruitt, a Kirby Smart, etc would be here to fill the void. 

Edited by Fud

4 minutes ago, Fud said:

My thing with Thomas is, there's a finite amount of auction recruits in the region, and we aren't recruiting them anyway. If they're able to buy two or three more recruits incrementally from the other superlatively dirty programs, I don't think this really affects us, because we aren't getting Kenyon Green anyway; if A&M wasn't here, a Hugh Freezs, a Jeremy Pruitt, a Kirby Smart, etc would be here to fill the void. 

It definitely affects us. The normal SEC buying players doesn’t mean two shits to us because of the distance factor usually. LSU sometimes would buy one or two we really wanted but for the most part, it didn’t affect us because most players don’t want to go that far from home. 

Aggy buying players is a game changer. They can stay close to home and still get paid. Yes, not all players can be bought. The Grant Gunnels of the world don’t need the money. But if you think players like Leal or Williams don’t change a program, you are wrong. 

8 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

It definitely affects us. The normal SEC buying players doesn’t mean two shits to us because of the distance factor usually. LSU sometimes would buy one or two we really wanted but for the most part, it didn’t affect us because most players don’t want to go that far from home. 

Aggy buying players is a game changer. They can stay close to home and still get paid. Yes, not all players can be bought. The Grant Gunnels of the world don’t need the money. But if you think players like Leal or Williams don’t change a program, you are wrong. 

I'm relatively young for this board, but I'm under the impression that guys were getting bought in the 70s, 80s, 90s, and 00s. Is this really a new phenomenon? I'm not trying to say there's no negative effect, but if we recruit nationally and win like we should, there's still a clear avenue to winning the region. 

Unless we decide to get institutionally dirty, we're losing those guys, imo. If we suck at football, we lose more than we would have otherwise, but that still has more to do with how we perform.

Spoiler

Liucci

6:27p

Staff

AG

Just a little something for you guys taking in a certain Saturday night baseball matchup...some thoughts on the Aggies landing an absolute monster in the trenches.

Atascocita offensive lineman Kenyon Green has long been considered an absolute must by Jimbo Fisher, Jim Turner and the Aggie coaching staff, so finally picking up a commitment from the one-time LSU pledge represents a major breakthrough for the Ags.

The 6-4, 320-pounder is unquestionably the state's most dominant blocker and is as talented as anyone Jim Turner has signed at the position, right up there with the likes of Jake Matthews and Luke Joeckel as far as raw ability. Like Matthews and Joeckel, he's also pretty advanced in terms of being ready-made for the college game and for SEC football. We're talking about an instant-impact lineman and potential anchor in the trenches, a young blocker who could enjoy the same kind of early SEC success that guys like Alabama's Jonah Williams and former state of Texas No. 1 Greg Little of Ole Miss have seen in recent seasons.

Big, physical and flat-out nasty at the point of attack, Kenyon is also a truly gifted athlete for a man his size. He's incredibly light on his feet and cat-quick at nearly 330 pounds. Long arms, next-level flexibility and tremendous natural strength are why many insiders believe Green will eventually (and probably after three years or so on campus) add his name to the list of NFL first-rounders recruited and developed by Coach Turner in Aggieland.

The bottom line here is that Kenyon Green is as SEC Ready as any player in the Lone Star State in 2019 and is a young man who possesses All-American potential up front.

Though Kenyon was a longtime A&M lean, closing out a five-star talent in the trenches is anything but easy. In fact, the Ags have one done so twice since joining the SEC, landing Myles Garrett and Daylon Mack on the defensive side of the ball under Kevin Sumlin. In this instance, the Ags had to beat out runner-up Alabama and finalists LSU, Texas and OU for the blue-chip blocker's services.

He's the second 5* addition to Fisher's first full class in Aggieland, joining Bishop Dunne safety Brian Williams and gives the Ags commits from what will soon be four of the top five players in Texas (Green, Williams, Waxahachie S Demani RIchardson and Converse Judson DE DeMarvin Leal). The Ags now have the most coveted offensive and defensive linemen in Texas committed, the state's two top safeties, the No. 1 and No. 2 defensive ends with a real look at sweeping the state's top four when it comes to defensive linemen and a nationally-recruited tight end firmly on board in Baylor Cupp.

Adding a five-star pledge and a prospect as well-known as Kenyon has the potential to spark another run on commitments for Fisher and the Aggie recruiting machine, one that should extend throughout most of the month of June. I'd say it would be worth keeping a close eye on guys like Erick Young, Bobby Wolfe, Marcus Banks, Marcus Stripling and even the rapidly-rising Florida OL duo - Hunter Rayburn and Adrian Medley of Pensacola - over the course of the next few weeks. Seven Lakes DE David Ugwoebu, Cinco Ranch LB David Gbenda (A&M and TCU are now out in front) and even Baton Rouge LB/ATH Christian Harris don't seem to be 'on the brink' but are all possibilities when it comes to summertime commits. Kenyon is also likely to lead a pretty hard behind-the-scene Maroon & White push for North Forest tackle Javonne Shephard's services. Considered by most coveted uncommitted lineman in Texas, the 6-6, 330-pounder appears to be torn between A&M and Alabama at this time.

Speaking of Bama, Green's commit pushes A&M's Class of 2019 to No. 2 in the country behind only Nick Saban's Crimson Tide. It goes without saying that the Aggie staff is going to sell the absolute hell out of the fact that any and all remaining targets have the chance to not only push the Maroon & White in the nation's top-spot but also end up securing their place in a potential No. 1-ranked haul.

In closing, this isn't the last we'll hear this weekend when it comes to news on the offensive line front. Jimmy T has several dominoes ready to fall in 2020 and they've apparently been paying very close attention to today's goings-on in College Station.

55 minutes ago, Fud said:

I'm relatively young for this board, but I'm under the impression that guys were getting bought in the 70s, 80s, 90s, and 00s. Is this really a new phenomenon? I'm not trying to say there's no negative effect, but if we recruit nationally and win like we should, there's still a clear avenue to winning the region. 

Unless we decide to get institutionally dirty, we're losing those guys, imo. If we suck at football, we lose more than we would have otherwise, but that still has more to do with how we perform.

Yes, paying players is nothing new, and will never stop being a thing. Some schools get a little stupid with it, like Ole Miss recently, and get a spanking by the toothless NCAA. Fortunately, aggy has a history of getting cocky/arrogant/stupid with their bagmen and they are a low enough hanging fruit that they will find themselves getting spanked sooner than most.