Jimbo 2019: The Only Tail Getting Busted is Candi's

Texas flirted with Jimbo before hiring Strong, then didn’t consider Jimbo before hiring Herman. I wonder what the inside story is on that.
That's news to me. Never knew it.

But offer any, and I mean any, coach 75 million guaranteed and they will coach bowling green. At 50 years old that's called simple math.

Even Saban or bill belichick doesn't have that offer on the table and they would sign it in a minute.

2 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

I'm convinced the Marine has no clue what he's doing. McCoy is a very good player but should be at guard because he can't snap the ball to save his life. McCoy is probably their best OL and he's a liability because of his snapping ability. 

The aggy OL is going to be a mess but if they suffer any injuries it's not even going to be a situation that can be managed. 

Clement being thrown out there as a backup option is how bad their depth is. 

Well, at least they haven't nearly killed any of their players in a while. And by "in a while," I mean "since they nearly killed Koda Martin" a few weeks ago.

With Jerry Schmidt and Jim Turner on staff, killing someone is probably more of a when than an if. 

5 hours ago, texasstrong12 said:

Did Austin Anderson transfer or medically retire? He's no longer listed on A&M's 2018 spring football roster. His brother, Riley Anderson, is still listed. 

The wailing and gnashing of teeth after they chose aggy was a sight to see. Not that Charlie was the most put-together recruiter but they literally had childhood pictures in head-to-toe aggy gear.

"Not relevant to them on the recruiting trail".  Starting now...  OK now...

You mean besides offering and losing out on 6/8 of our early class already?:

• Roschon Johnson
  • Jordan Whittington
  • Tyler Johnson
  • T'Vondre Sweat
  • De'Gabriel Floyd
  • Kenyatta Watson

10 hours ago, Machinator said:

DefKOdYV0AAFnBZ.jpgDefKO7vV0AAsEs4.jpg

This all makes a lot of sense.  Texas being down and aggy being in the SEC has really changed the landscape.  Texas is no longer signing players that aggy wants. Take the #3 class in the nation Texas signed last year for example, there wasn't a single player in that class that 17th-ranked aggy wanted.  The sips are just no longer relevant in recruiting 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

Mike Sherman was the real OL guru and was masterful at evaluating.

Yeah, we all knew it at the time but there's really no debating it (at least from a reasonable person's perspective, aggy is another story), it was all Sherman. The Marine can't evaluate or coach up an OL. There's a reason he was a RB coach at Cincinnati before coming back to aggy, and now 2 aggy coaches in a row have retained him. 

1 hour ago, Johnny Sack said:

Mike Sherman was the real OL guru and was masterful at evaluating.

The aggy 2010 recruiting class include Joeckel the #38 overall national recruit, Mathews the #43 overall, and Ogbuehi the #72 overall.

Not sure that qualifies as masterful evaluation.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, Tony Two K said:

The aggy 2010 recruiting class include Joeckel the #38 overall national recruit, Mathews the #43 overall, and Ogbuehi the #72 overall.

Sounds similar to this year's group of in-state OL talent in Green (#15), Johnson (#33), Bragg (#164), and Shepherd (#234). If one of UT or aggy can grab 3 out of those 4, it will not only change the trajectory of their program moving forward but will also probably hold back the other, considering we both need an infusion of OL talent.  

21 minutes ago, UT Lawnghorn said:

Sounds similar to this year's group of in-state OL talent in Green (#15), Johnson (#33), Bragg (#164), and Shepherd (#234). If one of UT or aggy can grab 3 out of those 4, it will not only change the trajectory of their program moving forward but will also probably hold back the other, considering we both need an infusion of OL talent.  

I'll take a split at this point and be fine. Bragg might be the biggest need recruit we have considering our deficiencies at Center, both in years past and on the current roster. If we can steal Shepherd late, all the better, but Green is a done deal at this point. Give me Bragg to go with Johnson and I'll take the push and move forward. This is going to be a bloodbath of a year in recruiting.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, SydneyCarton said:

I'll take a split at this point and be fine. Bragg might be the biggest need recruit we have considering our deficiencies at Center, both in years past and on the current roster. If we can steal Shepherd late, all the better, but Green is a done deal at this point. Give me Bragg to go with Johnson and I'll take the push and move forward. This is going to be a bloodbath of a year in recruiting.

Bragg is absolutely the most important recruit in this class besides RoJo, from my perspective. It's always been that way. 

Texas needs to sign 5 OL in this class. Johnson is a good start. Get Bragg. Somehow land Shepherd. Find a couple of other late developers or get lucky with someone like Wilkins, and there you go. 

They could also just get really, really aggressive and sign Green. I'd prefer not to see it, myself.

3 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

Bragg is absolutely the most important recruit in this class besides RoJo, from my perspective. It's always been that way. 

Texas needs to sign 5 OL in this class. Johnson is a good start. Get Bragg. Somehow land Shepherd. Find a couple of other late developers or get lucky with someone like Wilkins, and there you go. 

They could also just get really, really aggressive and sign Green. I'd prefer not to see it, myself.

bragg is a monster, and is the kind of top-15 nfl pick stanford spits out every other year, but i'm curious how you rate a G/C as the most important guy in a class besides a qb.

Edited by bizzle

8 minutes ago, bizzle said:

bragg is a monster, and is the kind of top-15 nfl pick stanford spits out every other year, but i'm curious how you rate a G/C as the most important guy in a class besides a qb.

In the context of team need and impact, a center of Bragg's skills is the highest need on the board besides RoJo. There isn't a WR, TE, OT, OG, or TB that's going to fill a hole on the roster that's been as overtly apparent over the past decade as the C spot. Defensively, it is hard for me to follow claim from anyone that a single player being recruited fills anything resembling a desperate need that hasn't been filled in 8+ years.

Others will obviously have differing POVs on the player of highest need, which is fine. I'm going to stick with mine even if it looks odd, uninformed, or other.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

If aggy has the shit year they look like they will, and we can pull all our strings together and mark a 10 plus win season, and play for the conference title. I'd be really suprised if Green would stay aggy. 

That word "trajectory" aggy been throwing around here lately will come back and smack them in the face. 

3 minutes ago, NorLa Horns said:

If aggy has the shit year they look like they will, and we can pull all our strings together and mark a 10 plus win season, and play for the conference title. I'd be really suprised if Green would stay aggy. 

That word "trajectory" aggy been throwing around here lately will come back and smack them in the face. 

There's no doubt the trajectory of our recruiting would change if we won 10 games in the regular season, the doubt is about us winning 10 games in the regular season.   

1 hour ago, Tony Two K said:

Well, Joeckel and Ogbuehi were not rated anywhere near that when Sherman identified them or when they verballed.  

In the context of team need and impact, a center of Bragg's skills is the highest need on the board besides RoJo. There isn't a WR, TE, OT, OG, or TB that's going to fill a hole on the roster that's been as overtly apparent over the past decade as the C spot. Defensively, it is hard for me to follow claim from anyone that a single player being recruited fills anything resembling a desperate need that hasn't been filled in 8+ years.
Others will obviously have differing POVs on the player of highest need, which is fine. I'm going to stick with mine even if it looks odd, uninformed, or other.

I$WYDT

4 hours ago, Scholz said:

"Not relevant to them on the recruiting trail".  Starting now...  OK now...

You mean besides offering and losing out on 6/8 of our early class already?:

• Roschon Johnson
  • Jordan Whittington
  • Tyler Johnson
  • T'Vondre Sweat
  • De'Gabriel Floyd
  • Kenyatta Watson

Yea, those were 2nd or 3rd choices for them.  

Pay attention Scholz. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, NorLa Horns said:

I would love to see Green drive his tit-topped, blonde Candi-Am over to Austin.

3 minutes ago, BigBenBamboozle said:

@closetojumping, is Green possible with a bad aggy season + a good/great UT season + whatever extra incentive?  Or would that scenario still be steep sledding? 

I assume by 'aggressive' he meant 'aggre$$ive'. We pay and we have a shot again. I guess the question is whether we have to raise or can we just pay up and call.

Edited by rickyspub

1 minute ago, BigBenBamboozle said:

@closetojumping, is Green possible with a bad aggy season + a good/great UT season + whatever extra incentive?  Or would that scenario still be steep sledding? 

My view is that the results on the field will not matter with the recruitment of Kenyon Green. I'm wrong a lot, so don't view that as some sort of gospel. Hell, I've had hope on Green during this cycle. Well, new shit can always come to light and I recently heard one of the more absurd and hilarious things I've ever heard in recruiting and it's colored the recruiting of Green for me. I can't put it out there so I apologize, but from my end, I just, well, don't see Green as ending up anywhere but in the SEC and almost certainly ATM.

1 hour ago, Johnny Sack said:

Well, Joeckel and Ogbuehi were not rated anywhere near that when Sherman identified them or when they verballed.  

This is patently false. 

Luke Joeckel was already well known in recruiting circles as a Soph, but the knock was that he had broken his leg early in his JR season, and there were questions on if he could come back 100%. The other knock was that despite what they said in every interview he was clearly a fucking package deal with his spare ass brother. He was already ranked in the 30s by the time he was even visiting Aggy and had been offered by LSU, Bama, OU, etc ... 

Ogbuehi was a 4* DL ranked in the 30s or so as a Soph on the early lists, he switched to OT when 2 dudes playing OT at Allen went down, he continued to move up the rankings quickly because of his NFL frame and quick feet. He was fucking all state OT as a JR in 2008 on the state championship team. Then was dominant as a SR and was a US Army All-American. He was most definitely not some fucking sleeper that Sherm or The Marine identified out of the nether. 

the mythos around Sherman, Turner and them identifying that 2010 OL class is complete bullshit. they did a fantastic job of recruiting them and a good job developing them. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, UT Lawnghorn said:

Has any other sites been as high on us landing Shepherd as IT?  They had him at 80% being in this class in a prediction topic a week or two ago.

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

My view is that the results on the field will not matter with the recruitment of Kenyon Green. I'm wrong a lot, so don't view that as some sort of gospel. Hell, I've had hope on Green during this cycle. Well, new shit can always come to light and I recently heard one of the more absurd and hilarious things I've ever heard in recruiting and it's colored the recruiting of Green for me. I can't put it out there so I apologize, but from my end, I just, well, don't see Green as ending up anywhere but in the SEC and almost certainly ATM.

Is this the kind of thing we might expect a 6Figs report on? Nudge, nudge, wink, wink...

5 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Amite consistently churns out D-I talent. There's worse places to try to establish a pipeline to in an off year. 

Bama has someone on staff who's really connected to Amite 

8 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Amite consistently churns out D-I talent. There's worse places to try to establish a pipeline to in an off year. 

Hard to call it an off year when you have nationally ranked recruits #3 and #84 in your school

It’s not uninformed. Cs are chronically underrated.

I've heard that aggy recruits at the weekend picnic soiree are going to practice dumping gatorade buckets over each other in anticipation of their coming-soon sec and national championships. Also "the marine" has volunteered to bathe everyone afterward with his tongue. #aggiehijinks

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, rickyspub said:

I assume by 'aggressive' he meant 'aggre$$ive'. We pay and we have a shot again. I guess the question is whether we have to raise or can we just pay up and call.

I would love love love if, should we decide to get in this game, guys would take a discount to come here vs aggy. And that it becomes semi public knowledge that a guy like green chose 40k and Texas over 50k and aggy. 

But in reality, the way the ags play games, they not only would refuse to be outbid, they’d keep upping the offer until the person couldn’t not accept. See fisher, jimbo. 

2 hours ago, Chopper said:

I've heard that aggy recruits at the weekend picnic soiree are going to practice dumping gatorade buckets over each other in anticipation of their coming-soon sec and national championships. Also "the marine" has volunteered to bathe everyone afterward with his tongue. #aggiehijinks

picnic update: new contest.... marching band captain's baton twirling and tossing