Jimbo 2019: The Only Tail Getting Busted is Candi's

closetojumping

8 hours ago, Goodman said:

aggie does not fuck around with feeding the cult info that will make them continue donating %20 of gross income, jesusfuckingchrist!

Jimbo Fisher and the A&M staff have been riding a wave of recruiting momentum since early February and that run continued this evening, as the Ags were able to venture into the heart of SEC territory and add their quarterback to a sensational class that is threatening to push Alabama out of the top spot in the 2019 rankings.

Except the problem is they feed these idiots into a frenzy telling them what they want to hear, like the whole "#2 class in America right now" shit. Those fucking clowns know that the reason they are ranked #2 right now is strictly numbers and that it won't last. But they just keep hyping it to their fanbase to sell scripts. Then when signing day comes, none of the fucking rubes can understand why they have the 20th ranked class and got passed by the sips and then they start spewing about Uncle Red and the BOMC. 

Every. Fucking. Year.

Clickity clack

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Leanderman said:

"Calzada will become effective at the college level in a system that provides him with protection " With their O-Line? In other words, he had better buy a life insurance policy.

Chin Pubes is dropping some nuggets on what it takes to be a national championship winning coach: provide the qb with protection.  I learn so much from ready aggy football reports.  Again, Tom Herman, are you paying attention?

48 minutes ago, Orange^White said:

Except the problem is they feed these idiots into a frenzy telling them what they want to hear, like the whole "#2 class in America right now" shit. Those fucking clowns know that the reason they are ranked #2 right now is strictly numbers and that it won't last. But they just keep hyping it to their fanbase to sell scripts. Then when signing day comes, none of the fucking rubes can understand why they have the 20th ranked class and got passed by the sips and then they start spewing about Uncle Red and the BOMC. 

Every. Fucking. Year.

Clickity clack

I agree with the sentiment, but this past February was instructive. They're going to take risks late and they'll win bidding wars. There's going to be a couple of high-ranking guys who suddenly show late interest, visit once, and then, voila, they're signing with ATM. Fisher has no compunction for the APR element either, so he's going to take whatever risks he wants and deal with the fallout later. 

ATM will dump out on some marginal takes in January and February when they find out who is truly for sale as other programs shy away or fill up. 

With such matters considered, that's why I believe they'll sign a top 5 class. I wouldn't want it, and the attrition and bust rates will be higher, but they'll all get to hoot and holler and crow to each other about how great they are irrespective of facts, which is the quintessential aggie maneuver. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

I agree with the sentiment, but this past February was instructive. They're going to take risks late and they'll win bidding wars. There's going to be a couple of high-ranking guys who suddenly show late interest, visit once, and then, voila, they're signing with ATM. Fisher has no compunction for the APR element either, so he's going to take whatever risks he wants and deal with the fallout later. 

ATM will dump out on some marginal takes in January and February when they find out who is truly for sale as other programs shy away or fill up. 

With such matters considered, that's why I believe they'll sign a top 5 class. I wouldn't want it, and the attrition and bust rates will be higher, but they'll all get to hoot and holler and crow to each other about how great they are irrespective of facts, which is the quintessential aggie maneuver. 

It's slightly more difficult to flip your roster now with the slightly more difficult 25 man counter rule, where kids who don't make it in still count against your class, and you can't count back to fill their spot with an early enrollee. I'm hoping they take as many bad character guys, qualification risks, and package deals with a non prospect barnacle as possible. 

It'll be interesting to see if they trapdoor in-state commits. 

Regarding class rank, this cycle will be the most competitive top five I've seen since I've followed this stuff closely. A lot of the top recruiting programs took smaller classes last cycle so they'll be taking full for 2019, and there's several schools getting the new coach bump like A&M, FSU, Oregon, and Tennessee, although Florida and UCLA probably won't threaten. A&M could do it, although if a big chunk of their class ends up as 3*s, that might be difficult. 

8 minutes ago, Fud said:

It's slightly more difficult to flip your roster now with the slightly more difficult 25 man counter rule, where kids who don't make it in still count against your class, and you can't count back to fill their spot with an early enrollee. I'm hoping they take as many bad character guys, qualification risks, and package deals with a non prospect barnacle as possible. 

It'll be interesting to see if they trapdoor in-state commits. 

Regarding class rank, this cycle will be the most competitive top five I've seen since I've followed this stuff closely. A lot of the top recruiting programs took smaller classes last cycle so they'll be taking full for 2019, and there's several schools getting the new coach bump like A&M, FSU, Oregon, and Tennessee, although Florida and UCLA probably won't threaten. A&M could do it, although if a big chunk of their class ends up as 3*s, that might be difficult. 

I believe you can still count back early enrollees as long as you didn't take the maximum 25 in the previous cycle. 

1 hour ago, Orange^White said:

Every. Fucking. Year.

Clickity clack

Their precious ranking will take another hit when we flip Leal.

Just now, utfan87 said:

I believe you can still count back early enrollees as long as you didn't take the maximum 25 in the previous cycle. 

Reread what I wrote. I'm saying that if a guy doesn't qualify, you can't back count an early enrollee in his place. Having guys not qualify or leave the program early is an obvious inefficiency. 

1 minute ago, Fud said:

Reread what I wrote. I'm saying that if a guy doesn't qualify, you can't back count an early enrollee in his place. Having guys not qualify or leave the program early is an obvious inefficiency. 

Yep, that was the change. Kids that don't qualify now count against your 25 man counter.

1 minute ago, texifornia said:

Interesting they got Johnson to come down. Sounds like Evans is near-calculator.

Evans might be the top prospect in the nation. We're the favorite, but I wouldn't put it in the calculator. 

1 minute ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

If Shepherd is riding with his coach and Demas then he's making it to Austin tomorrow.  Good deal.

Its definitely a positive development. But I also wont be shocked to see an “amazing time and just didnt want to leave” tweet. This is the wild west.

4 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I’ll be curious to see how much trap dooring happens and what the backlash is. TX HS coaches can be vindictive motherfuckers but they’re also sometimes all talk. I can’t think of a TX college coach in recent memory who did any of this, so should be a good test case.

4 hours ago, texifornia said:

Interesting they got Johnson to come down. Sounds like Evans is near-calculator.

Early reports were that he wanted to stay close to home and we're definitely winning that battle, but this guy's is the elite of the elite. He’s gonna have Bama, Clemson, etc coming hard after him, so we’ll have to see how he responds to that first. And how our offense does this year (gulp). 

3 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

If Shepherd is riding with his coach and Demas then he's making it to Austin tomorrow.  Good deal.

Definitely Sounds like the plan for him to visit UT tomorrow is on pace at the moment. We’ll see if aggy can sway him today. I’m sure they’ll be pushing him hard not to visit.

Edited by UT Lawnghorn

5 hours ago, Neonmoon said:

2016 In State QB Nick Starket commits to Oklahoma State   A&M - Signs with A&M

2017 Out of State QB Tate Martell commits to A&M - Signs with Ohio State

2018 Out of State QB Cade Fortin commits to A&M - Signs with UNC

2019 Out of State QB Zach Calzada commits to A&M - 

What did we learn kids?

Jerry: I don't think you do. You see, you know how to *take* the reservationyou just don't know how to *hold* the reservation. And that's really the most important part of the reservation: the holding. Anybody can just take them."

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Machinator said:

Yes, this is his OV weekend.

Not that Alabama needs to, but hopefully they negative recruit the crap out of A&M or put some questions in his head about committing to a non-blue blood university.  All things being equal, Alabama should want him at Texas over A&M. Maybe Tom can call in a favor.

20 hours ago, golfclap said:

Perroni ::

New QB commit Calzada explains why A&M was the perfect fit

Hide contents

Not too long ago, even recruiting fans in the state of Georgia were unfamiliar with the name Zach Calzada. Flash forward six months and the quarterback from Buford (Ga.) Lanier saw himself in a recruiting battle with schools all over the country.

On Thursday afternoon, the 6-foot-3, 195-pound passer announced his commitment to Texas A&M. Calzada had just spent the weekend in Aggieland, camping on Friday and then attending the Aggie Elite Day on Saturday, where he was able to meet several A&M commits and top targets.

Calzada says it was that trip that caused him to make up his mind.

"I fell in love with the university," he said. "Everything about it from the players and coaches, to campus, facilities and opportunity."

Head coach Jimbo Fisher has a reputation for putting quarterbacks in the NFL, so that was also something Calzada liked. After the rising senior threw for Fisher, the head coach let him know how impressed he was.

"It’s a great situation with great coaches to develop as a quarterback," Calzada said of why he committed. "Coach Fisher does a great job with quarterbacks and I’m excited to see what he has in plan for me.”

Calzada also likes the offense that Fisher and offensive coordinator and quarterback coach Darrell Dickey will be running in College Station. He feels it fits him well.

"The pro style offense definitely played a factor in my decision," he said. "It’s great for the development of a quarterback and to hopefully prepare me for the next level."

Calzada had a huge spring, dominated at the regional Opening camp and then receiving an invitation to the Elite 11 finals. He also picked up a ton of offers, going from virtual unknown to having some of the programs across the country chasing him. In the couple weeks before he committed, he was offered by Georgia and Tennessee and took trips to North Carolina, Northwestern and UCLA.

"It came down to N.C. State, A&M, UGA and UNC," Calzada said of his finalists. "I know they all would have been great options, but I had to find the best fit and a place that was a true fit for me.”

Calzada, who is unsure if he will be able to graduate early and enroll in January just yet, has been taken aback by all the recent attention.

"When I first came to a Cam Newton (7-on-7) tryout a couple months ago, I had 4 small offers," he said. "The way he’s helped me on and off the field is something I could’ve never asked for, and I really appreciate what he’s done for me.”

Calzada is commitment No. 17 for the Aggies in the class of 2019 and answers a big need as he is the lone quarterback A&M plans to take. With his pledge, A&M further cements its grip on the No. 2 class in the nation.

"Flash forward six months and the quarterback from Buford (Ga.) Lanier saw himself in a recruiting battle with schools all over the country."

Peak aggy. NC State and Northwestern sure were formidable foes on the recruiting trail. 

"Jimbo Fisher and the A&M staff have been riding a wave of recruiting momentum since early February and that run continued this evening, as the Ags were able to venture into the heart of SEC territory and add their quarterback to a sensational class that is threatening to push Alabama out of the top spot in the 2019 rankings."

Keep L-I-V-I-N Luicci. 

Edited by Vertigo

8 hours ago, Fud said:

A&M could do it, although if a big chunk of their class ends up as 3*s, that might be difficult.

right now, with the white-bread-warehouse they're stocking 7x24, it's easy to fall for the banana in the tailpipe.

just remember, always remember, who these people are.

only aggy sets up downwind from a demolition, and remains clueless they've done so until the asbestos is in their nostrils....

OkXMEWz0_o.jpg