2021 Fall Camp Thread - Bend Over & I’ll Continue Showing You

BurntOrange&White

2 hours ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Damn.  Koendre. 3600 followers. Bijan 87K. 

I'm kind of surprised Bijan only has 87k followers. I figured being on heisman watch lists would get him more followers. Outside of someone like Suh, I don't see linemen getting huge numbers of followers. Joey Bosa probably would have done pretty well. Still, QBs, RBs, WRs, and the occasional DB who also does kick returns will always have a significant advantage.

• Hook 'Em 1

One half of football doesn’t make a difference in a battle like this IMO. Especially with an entirely new coaching staff and system. So IMO Casey’s Alamo bowl, while impressive, doesn’t really and shouldn’t have any effect on this battle. 

Thompson looking like DeShaun Watson (on the field) clearly made it easy for fans, teammates, and coaches alike to visualize Thompson being the guy. Not sure how you can make the argument otherwise that it has already not had a profound impact on the battle.
  • Hook 'Em 1

46 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

A lot of comments about OL, many positive. I get it. On paper we are better than we’ve been in the past.

However, it was my understanding Karic was backing up LT, and behind Kerstetter was Hookfin until he got injured. Now it’s walk-ons. We are relying on young Karic for depth, Hookfin whose often injured and still unproven, and Kerstetter still coming off a bad injury, although he should be better by now. I just don’t see that as a great OL, yet.  The OL struggled last year too. It’s relative however. I picked them at 10-2, and see OL as the barrier to 11-1 or 12-0. 

You do understand that your third best OT typically backs up both tackle positions, right? 

40 minutes ago, Fud said:

You do understand that your third best OT typically backs up both tackle positions, right? 

Yes but it’s one guy for two positions and typically  an OT has a preferred side, left or right.  You do understand that, right? 

4 minutes ago, Ghost of Shag said:

I want to qualify this by saying I don’t know shit about fuck.

But if the receivers are continuing to struggle, Sark needs to part ways with Coleman now. Not later. 

It’s not like we’re bringing in a stellar WR class anyway. Get someone in there who knows what the hell he’s doing.

It does no good to fire now, in fact that would be the worst possible decision to make. You do it after the season. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Ghost of Shag said:

I want to qualify this by saying I don’t know shit about fuck.

But if the receivers are continuing to struggle, Sark needs to part ways with Coleman now. Not later. 

It’s not like we’re bringing in a stellar WR class anyway. Get someone in there who knows what the hell he’s doing.

Unless there are some big surprises, I would expect the receivers to continue to struggle. The prognosis is bleak. 

29 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

Yes but it’s one guy for two positions and typically  an OT has a preferred side, left or right.  You do understand that, right? 

That’s not what you posted. You were acting like Karic wouldn’t be the backup RT. You were wrong, and should feel bad about it 

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Dbeasy said:

However, it was my understanding Karic was backing up LT, and behind Kerstetter was Hookfin until he got injured. Now it’s walk-ons.

It's not walk-ons. If Kerstetter went down Karic would replace him. And then Hookfin, or Garth. And if it really got down to it, Okafor. Or Hayden Conner. Imade played tackle in spring, so him too. Then Max Merrill. And THEN, walk-ons. 

47 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

You really don’t know what you’re talking about. First you tried to say walk ins would go in before Karic and now you’re changing your position but you’re a till wrong. Almost every team has their third best tackle as the primary backup at both spots, in college and the NFL. 

Plus Karic repped at RT all spring and is now repping at LT all summer so he’s more than ready for either side. 

Edited by Burt Macklin
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

QB battle settled!

52 minutes ago, cdain3 said:

Screenshot_20210814-134609_Samsung Internet.jpg

so ....Casey throws 2 picks.....Card throws one that should have been picked......using Surley logic, I got out of this that Casey is careless and Card throws uncatchable balls.....doom!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Fud said:

That’s not what you posted. You were acting like Karic wouldn’t be the backup RT. You were wrong, and should feel bad about it 

You should feel bad about not understanding that most OT’s have a preferred side and that every single practice report has listed the depth chart for the right side as an injured Hookfin and walk-ons, not Karic. Feel free to go argue with the staff about why they aren’t listing Karic over there too. 

Does that mean he can’t move over? Of course not. OL are always moved around when injuries occur and he can move over.  No one ever said he couldn’t. 

But what’s really dumb about your whole focus on whether Karic is a possible RT is that you’ve missed the more important point. One proven guy to backup two starters, one of whom is coming off a major injury, and saying this is more than enough depth is just dumb. You then say Hookfin is solid but there has been no proof yet he’s solid. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn’t. You don’t know that. 

8 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

You really don’t know what you’re talking about. First you tried to say walk ins would go in before Karic and now you’re changing your position but you’re a till wrong. Almost every team has their third best tackle as the primary backup at both spots, in college and the NFL. 

Plus Karic repped at RT all spring and is now repping at LT all summer so he’s more than ready for either side. 

See my post on Fud. Go argue with the staff about depth charts. 

11 minutes ago, Dbeasy said:

You should feel bad about not understanding that most OT’s have a preferred side and that every single practice report has listed the depth chart for the right side as an injured Hookfin and walk-ons, not Karic. Feel free to go argue with the staff about why they aren’t listing Karic over there too. 

Does that mean he can’t move over? Of course not. OL are always moved around when injuries occur and he can move over.  No one ever said he couldn’t. 

But what’s really dumb about your whole focus on whether Karic is a possible RT is that you’ve missed the more important point. One proven guy to backup two starters, one of whom is coming off a major injury, and saying this is more than enough depth is just dumb. You then say Hookfin is solid but there has been no proof yet he’s solid. Maybe he is. Maybe he isn’t. You don’t know that. 

giphy.gif