2021 Fall Camp Thread - Bend Over & I’ll Continue Showing You

BurntOrange&White

13 hours ago, RollLeft said:

I'll admit that I had Casey as my QB1 going into today.  He still is but Card definitely gained some major ground today.  Let's see how Casey handles the bad day and if Card does more to build his case further.  

Interesting given the 9.95er Card hype. Have you been able to watch practices? 

32 minutes ago, Lou_Sassle said:

He didn't say better....he said more talented

Fair enough

24 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Y'all obviously have the better offense. I'm not willing to concede defense to you.

I think the defense might be as good or better than the offense this year. 

4 minutes ago, cdain3 said:
35 minutes ago, Pdawg88 said:
You think Texas has a better defense than OU? 

Our defense has been better than OU's more often than not the last 10 years, so it wouldn't surprise me.

I’m not saying that we will have a iron curtain defense, but I do think they will be better than Texas. Just my opinion tho 

1 minute ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Grinch is a good DC. He was Riley's first big staff hire and he hit a home run. 

PK is also a good DC, but this will be his first season in the Big 12. We should be optimistic, but we really don't know yet. 

Why do people still talk like the big 12 is revolutionary offenses still? 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, BigHorn'13 said:

Wouldn't say revolutionary but most modern? Absolutely. 

32 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

Valid point, but defending OU twice a year is a pain in the ass. 

34 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Why do people still talk like the big 12 is revolutionary offenses still? 

I think PK shut down Leach 5 years in a row?  I'm not saying  wsu is anywhere close to ou, but I'm not ready to give up just yet.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Had Enough said:

Based on?

I think we bring back a bunch of key pieces. Perrion Winfrey is going to be a fucking monster. Our secondary will be much better. Not to pick a scab, but Billy Bowman is going to be very good for us. 

• Fuck You 1
  • Rage+1 2

I think we bring back a bunch of key pieces. Perrion Winfrey is going to be a fucking monster. Our secondary will be much better. Not to pick a scab, but Billy Bowman is going to be very good for us. 

Frosh DBs more often than not are sorry. They may make some plays but they are often inconsistent as can be. Washington was good last year but our WR were not. Maybe not this year either. Point being don’t bank on Bowman being great next year.

One of your keys will be how handsy you are allowed to be. That’s almost always a key with your offense.

We could be quite good upfront and on the backend on defense. Our defense could be quite good.

Kinda odd how both programs are viewed going into this year given how games turned out between you, us and Iowa State.

If our staff is improved, you both will have to work harder to beat us.

2 hours ago, Pdawg88 said:

I’m not saying that we will have a iron curtain defense, but I do think they will be better than Texas. Just my opinion tho 

Opinions, stats, scores, whatever. See, people rely on those types of things to try and persuade people to their side of the discussion. 

Where their problem lies is that they don’t mean jack fuck.

Why?

Because the truth cannot be escaped:

It’s 3:53 and ou still sucks. 

• Hook 'Em 1

49 minutes ago, Texasrocks said:

Not to discount the blocking, but I imagine more than one DB was content to be locked up with 200 pound receiver than get trucked by Earl. 

This dude thinks we had receivers that weighed 200 pounds in 1977. 🤦‍♂️

Edited by Irieguy
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

50 minutes ago, thunderlounge said:

Opinions, stats, scores, whatever. See, people rely on those types of things to try and persuade people to their side of the discussion. 

Where their problem lies is that they don’t mean jack fuck.

Why?

Because the truth cannot be escaped:

It’s 3:53 and ou still sucks. 

Well stats say that OU has had a better defense than Texas for the past two years. 

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 2

Bobby

According to coach Steve Sarkisian, the Saturday scrimmage, the first of fall camp, did little to separate the two quarterbacks vying for the starting role.

Neither Casey Thompson nor Hudson Card played well enough in the eyes of the coach.

Yet it wasn’t just the QBs that struggled. It was nearly the entire offense.

The offensive line specifically looked porous in pass protection. The wide receiver group, with Josh Moore and Kelvontay Dixon sidelined due to injury, is painfully thin after Jordan Whittington and freshman Xavier Worthy.

Poor protection and a receiver group that struggles to get separation will make for a long day for any quarterback.

Some noted high points from observers:

- Keilan Robinson, the transfer running back from Alabama, is going to be a factor for this offense. He’s talented, fast and tough.

- The defensive front was raved about again and again. Is that a byproduct of poor OL play? “I’d put our D-line up against anybody’s. They can come at you in waves,” one source said.

- Luke Brockermeyer’s interception of Casey Thompson was a textbook example of why the former walk-on linebacker is set to play heavy minutes for the Longhorns this season. He was in the right place at the right time, which has been a consistent character trait this pre-season.

- Card led the offense’s most impressive drive of the day.

- Freshman running back Jonathan Brooks also raised some eyebrows with his ability, both between the tackles and on the outside.

Given neither quarterback separated himself from the other, what’s next for Sarkisian and the Longhorns?

More practice. And more hope that one of the two remove all doubt in the next week or so, so the Horns can begin game prep for Louisiana with a QB starter named.

• Hook 'Em 4