2021 Fall Camp Thread - Bend Over & I’ll Continue Showing You

BurntOrange&White

It’s either KoolAid or doom and gloom for most of you. I don’t think there is any chance this team is worst than it was last year. I find it a bit refreshing we aren’t being served Koolaid all fall camp this time around. I’m still believe this team will be a lot better than most think.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I mix my own Burnt Orange Koolaid!  Here is my recipe:

1 part Orange Juice

4 parts El Destilador Reposado

have to go Reposado to git the color right and after a couple of these the goal post will be aligned in your mind and you won’t care who is the QB!

Oh, and fuck Chip brown and OU Sucks!!

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3
  • Haha 3

22 minutes ago, SarkAfterDark said:

I find it a bit refreshing we aren’t being served Koolaid all fall camp this time around. I’m still believe this team will be a lot better than most think.

I love it. It's either holding players to a high standard or made up bullshit to motivate them. Either way, it's not rubbing their backs and talking about how great they are.

• Hook 'Em 1

52 minutes ago, Fondren & Main said:

The defense should be trashing the offense based on the experience coming back.  Especially on the interior line.  I think I would be more worried if the offense was dominating our defense.

There are ways to keep DL1 from smashing up OL1 and keeping the entire offense from learning...  If OL1 is getting smashed by DL2, we haz the doom.

2 minutes ago, Snacks said:

There are ways to keep DL1 from smashing up OL1 and keeping the entire offense from learning...  If OL1 is getting smashed by DL2, we haz the doom.

I guess on the interior the issue is that DL2 is also really good. Ojomo/Coburn and Sweat/Murphy/(maybe Collins too?) is not a big dropoff at all.

3 minutes ago, Red Five said:

Two of our OL starters at the end of last season are now on the bench (Tyler Johnson and Karic). If our interior continues to get abused like South Austin's mom's interior, wonder if we'll see Johnson or Imade get looks. 

Lol Imade was worse than them. 

I don’t think we will see much OL variation until the season. 

I don’t think we’ll face many defensive lines as good and deep as ours. 

also to follow up the QB comment earlier here is the post 

165CBE02-80A9-4C0E-979B-00911E47C8D2.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 1

12 minutes ago, Hookem2147 said:

Same poster on IT who broke the news about Card getting most of the reps with the 1's yesterday said Card again got the majority of the reps with the 1's in the walk-through this morning. Practice is this afternoon.

Chip says Casey will get a majority of the 1st team snaps today. So I’m assuming the IT poster is correct. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

26 minutes ago, Snacks said:

I think we might be at peak offseason. Surly has exaggerated practice reports to the point that posters now think the entire offense isn’t learning because our DL is so dominant that we can’t even function.

i hear practice is like having 4 Ndomakung Suhs on the field at once. Half the time our QBs haven’t even received the snap in shotgun before the play is blown dead. 

Edited by Burt Macklin
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 minute ago, Burt Macklin said:

I think we might be at peak offseason. Surly has exaggerated practice reports to the point that posters now think the entire offense isn’t learning because our DL is so dominant that we can’t even function.

i hear practice is like having 4 Ndomakung Suhs on the field at once. Half the time our QBs have event received the snap in shotgun before the play is blown dead. 

Well Brockermeyer is apparently a combination of Brian Urlacher and Luke Kuechly

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, Octavian said:

That’s what you’d think but then there were 2-3 snaps in the scrimmage highlight tape where the d-line was 1-2 yards in the backfield by the time the handoff happened. Considering our interior OL was not incompetent at the end of last season, I’m hoping this means our interior DL is just a bunch of freaks.

I hope the Defense is so dang good that the offense is in shock at how easy it is to score against the rest of the Big 12 Defenses...

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Burt Macklin said:

i hear practice is like having 4 Ndomakung Suhs on the field at once. Half the time our QBs have event received the snap in shotgun before the play is blown dead. 

Rod B mentioned on the Blitz today that he wouldn't be surprised if PK ran a much more vanilla defense in the scrimmage this week just to make sure the offense could run a little more smoothly and get some shit accomplished.  

Jake Majors isn't going to face the size/speed combo of Coburn/Sweat except for maybe twice this year and neither of those guys are the talent of our two (I think I saw Baylor and Louisiana have a couple of huge NT's but thats about it).

1 minute ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Rod B mentioned on the Blitz today that he wouldn't be surprised if PK ran a much more vanilla defense in the scrimmage this week just to make sure the offense could run a little more smoothly and get some shit accomplished.  

Jake Majors isn't going to face the size/speed combo of Coburn/Sweat except for maybe twice this year and neither of those guys are the talent of our two (I think I saw Baylor and Louisiana have a couple of huge NT's but thats about it).

Louisiana's depth chart at DL on ourlads

image.png.dfa1985b0f9c7e855b8f0ffd69a4426c.png

Jones - 6'5 244

Humphrey - 6'4 353

Hill - 6'1 283

Their backups

image.png.37465a91889e8c948341c2c4a6d0aec6.png

Landry - 6'4 267

Hazard - 6'1 287
Narcisse - 6'2 291

14 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

If our offense can maintain the same FEI it's had the last 3 years and the defense moves up to the 10-25 range we could potentially have a very good year.

PK was top 18 in DFEI every season at Washington except COVID shortened 2020.  That includes a couple of top 4 and a 7th.

• Hook 'Em 1

18 minutes ago, Azbadlands said:

I hope the Defense is so dang good that the offense is in shock at how easy it is to score against the rest of the Big 12 Defenses...

Defense isn't allowed in the Big 12. We will have half the starters tossed from the game for bringing the wood in this shit conference. 

19 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Louisiana's depth chart at DL on ourlads

image.png.dfa1985b0f9c7e855b8f0ffd69a4426c.png

Jones - 6'5 244

Humphrey - 6'4 353

Hill - 6'1 283

Their backups

image.png.37465a91889e8c948341c2c4a6d0aec6.png

Landry - 6'4 267

Hazard - 6'1 287
Narcisse - 6'2 291

On the flip side, they have a 6' 267 lb Center that will be trying to block Coburn.

Edited by Elmer_Fudd
  • Hook 'Em 4

21 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

If our offense can maintain the same FEI it's had the last 3 years and the defense moves up to the 10-25 range we could potentially have a very good year.

If Texas has a top 20 OFEI and a top 25 DFEI they will be in very good shape. I will even flip it, if they have a top 15 OFEI and a top 20 DFEI they should be in phenomenal shape.

Texas FEI ratings:

717QJSer

PK DFEI rankings:

qKPX3qAW

• Hook 'Em 2

10 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Maybe he meant sophomore?

Sam as a Senior:

194/322, 2556 yards, 60.2 CMP%, 26:5 TD:INT, 150.7 rating, 76.6 QBR

Sam as a Sophomore:

256/398, 3123 yards, 64.3 CMP%, 25:5 TD:INT, 148.5 rating, 77.3 QBR

Sam as a Freshman: