2021 Fall Camp Thread - Bend Over & I’ll Continue Showing You

BurntOrange&White

1 minute ago, Brothahorn said:
3 minutes ago, GTX Horn said:
As long as Sark’s first season doesn’t include a game where we kickoff to start both halves or delay of game penalties coming out of timeouts, I’ll feel much better about his first season than his 2 predecessors

Or lose to Maryland.

There’s no fucking chance of losing to Maryland 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

54 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

Also, the offense is going to look much different in games than scrimmages. 

Everyone knows the offense is likely going to be very dependent on Bijan (especially early in the season). Sounds like he only had 5 carries in today's scrimmage and that's going to be around 20-30 in games. 

When you're trying to protect your best player on an offense with growing pains it exacerbates the problems. 

Why the hell would any coach give Bijan more than 9 touches a game? Seems unfathomable.

• Rage+1 1

7 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:
9 minutes ago, GTX Horn said:
As long as Sark’s first season doesn’t include a game where we kickoff to start both halves or delay of game penalties coming out of timeouts, I’ll feel much better about his first season than his 2 predecessors

Or lose to Maryland.

Or Kansas

37 minutes ago, TenCarryTom said:

Another way to look at it is that he doesn't feel good about the QB, OL, WR, DE, and linebacker groups. I feel like DE and linebacker will be fine with reps - just not exceptional. So, we should have a strong D. My concern is OL and WR. I feel like Worthy, Whittington, and Robinson are the keys to getting separation from DBs. QB and OL are as usual worrisome. QB because it is an unknown. OL because it is a known - Considering we didn't bring in a transfer like Morris, we have to hope that Flood does a better job than his shitty predecessor. It seems like a lot of Alabama's offense with Sark involved slow developing plays that were aided by a strong running game that kept defenses honest.

6 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

Apparently one of the Thompson interceptions was of the scramble to the boundary and throw across the middle late instead of going out of bounds variety. That’s not the kind of play you would hope for from a more experienced QB. 

In this case,  “more experienced” should be taken lightly, considering the amount of pressure situations he’s been put in as a result of TH’s game management strategy over the past few seasons.

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

BAH GAWD THAT'S THE UNDERTAKER!!!

1495413607_ScreenShot2021-08-14at10_45_05PM.thumb.jpeg.91428cfd0db493fec7512672b183df7b.jpeg

I'm sure that he saw a lot of good stuff out there at practice today.

Is he looking for some NIL opportunities?

I would rather our guys just focus on Louisiana.

Edited by Napoleon

36 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

1495413607_ScreenShot2021-08-14at10_45_05PM.thumb.jpeg.91428cfd0db493fec7512672b183df7b.jpeg

I'm sure that he saw a lot of good stuff out there at practice today.

Is he looking for some NIL opportunities?

I would rather our guys just focus on Louisiana.

Are you blaming the Undertaker for the bad offensive play? 

7 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Casey Thompson threw two picks, and had his share of check downs, but he also made some nice passes including one to Jared Wiley when he stepped up in the pocket. He also found Bijan on a scramble for a TD but that may have been called back. Not sure. Sounds like Casey made a play in any event. Casey did scramble for a touchdown run of his own. Thompson also had another nice throw to Troy Omeire like he did in practice recently, but too often plays with his arm are outliers.

Hudson Card should have had thrown one pick, maybe two himself. Kitan Crawford dropped one and another pass was dangerously thrown into double coverage down the field. He also missed a couple of throws on the few occasions he had time in the pocket (same goes for Thompson). He did hit Jordan Whittington on a shorter touchdown throw. He used his legs, one on a called read for 15 yards and another on a scramble. He didn’t look very comfortable back there.

These guys have a couple of things in common: the d-line physically whipped the offensive line (goes for 1st and 2nd team) and it doesn’t sound like the WRs are doing enough to get open.

Wide Receivers

Simply put, the DB’s are better. There were too many drops, even in warmups. 

Focusing on the good…Whittington had the lone TD reception of the day (assuming Bijan’s was called back) on a short route where he broke a couple tackles; Omeire had that nice grab; Kai Money had a nice pick-up with the offense simulating being backed up on its own 1. Xavier Worthy had a nice reception that sounds more like great play design than pitch and catch. Marcus Washington had a couple of grabs.

Bubble screens weren’t working which tells us the blocking wasn’t good. The more things change…

These guys need to step it up overall or the running game needs to get going. Whynotboth.gif

Running Backs

Tough sledding for sure. Bijan had a short touchdown run where he created it himself. He also had the aforementioned reception over the middle. He didn’t have a ton of carries, not that we should expect different.

Roschon had a good drive that was capped off by Bijan’s TD. He also ran hard and might have had a short TD of his own.

Keilan Robinson flashed as a receiver and as a returner where he ”broke” the first wave of coverage personnel. Didn’t here anything about him running the ball.

Jonathon Brooks showed well in his carries. A couple people noted how he belongs.

Gabe Watson had a TD but probably versus the threes.

giphy.gif?cid=ecf05e47wld6jcp435xgmfxwsn

Edited by lazygringo
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, LebongJames said:

Not to sound like an Aggy…But if the defense is as far along as they say it is. This offense won’t see a defense with as much talent outside of OU all season.

I think the Texas defense is more talented than OU's 

• Hook 'Em 2

The hand-wringing here and on Twitter about Sark's comments on the quarterbacks is out of hand.

Definitely watch the actual press conference and get the quote in context, y'all. The coaches are deliberately pushing the QBs in practice so that what they see on the first game day isn't a mystery... and they admit it's only one week in.