Dallas Cowboys 2021 Regular Season Thread -- Money, Masks, & Masochism

Patrick Bateman

You’re delivering a message to the team that the best players play, regardless of contract status or being a pet project of the owner. You’ve got limited roster spots and better players at the position already on the team. Bad ass move, but yes, the money aspect sucks. I suspect it shows some Quinn influence.

Thru tears and snot at the training camp introductory news conference, Jerry said he’d do anything to get to the Super Bowl. Maybe he meant it.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

The mistake was extending him in the first place. 

Even before that, we used a very high 2nd round pick on a guy who we knew for a fact would not play 2016 and at that time, there was a chance he might not have even played football ever again. That draft pick was so fucking stupid but on par for this front office. they love those picks, especially in the 2nd round pick. But the fact we extended him after one fluke season and he still had a year left on his rookie deal was next in line. I can't give this front office props for this. It's like setting fire to your own house and wanting praise for putting it out but damage already done.

I am glad he is gone, though. He is fucking useless. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Patrick Bateman said:

Fify.

Offset language!!!  Hopefully the Lions sign him to 2 year, 8m guaranteed deal.  lol.

thank goodness.  dude was taking up space on the roster.   I can't imagine anyone will sign him unless they have serious LB problems and will be playing the Cowboys.

my guess is mccarthy wanted to cut him but neal got hurt they didn't know what they had in Cox yet.  Quinn probably helped push him out by showing Jerry how fucking bad he was on film.

14 hours ago, Loch Ness Monster said:

Thought Jaylon Smith should have been cut in April to be honest.

Serious case of drop foot and low IQ.

Yeah not releasing/trading him before this season was a bad move.  Also making him a Captain, then letting him go is also a bad look 

1 hour ago, LTtxfan said:

Yeah not releasing/trading him before this season was a bad move.  Also making him a Captain, then letting him go is also a bad look 

Kristi Scales (radio sideline reporter for the Cowboys) was on 105.3 this morning.  She mentioned that Jaylon's offseason wrist surgery triggered his injury guarantee for this season, so cutting him in the offseason would've been a complete dead money loss.  They let him play, albeit a much lower percentage of snaps, this season hoping to get some monetary benefit of improved play.   his play sucked again, imagine that, so they cut him now before he gets hurt and triggers the $$ guarantee for next year.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Regarding the offset language, no one is going to pay him what the Cowboys owe him, which is money he gets guaranteed. Why wouldn’t Jaylon go play for the league minimum somewhere to clear up space for his new team and fuck the Cowboys as much as possible? I can’t imagine him getting a multi-year deal right now.

1 minute ago, irishtexan said:

Regarding the offset language, no one is going to pay him what the Cowboys owe him, which is money he gets guaranteed. Why wouldn’t Jaylon go play for the league minimum somewhere to clear up space for his new team and fuck the Cowboys as much as possible? I can’t imagine him getting a multi-year deal right now.

If he gets on a team it's going to be at the league minimum regardless of any offset, and he'd be lucky to even get that.  

12 hours ago, dcar00 said:

he apparently isn't a fuck up and seems like a good citizen.  he got paid.  hopefully he saved his money.

Yeah i wanted the dude to succeed and be a productive player. He seems like a guy who gave it everything, even being on the field after his injury was a good comeback story. Still no reason to give him such an idiotic contract, but a good story. Dude just needed to go. 

Seinfeld Soup GIF

Edited by Pam Cummings

1 hour ago, irishtexan said:

That's almost surely what he's going to do.  Maybe get a little more, but he's probably going ring hunting to a team who needs a backup LB.   My comment was in jest.  His challenge will be he hasn't played ST.  He'll need to embrace it.

33 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

We couldn't have did that??

He's around 5 million this year, so the Panthers basically said they'd pay full freight this year and will talk extension too.  For basically a little more than half a season.  

• Hook 'Em 1

3 hours ago, Vic Mackey said:

"Former pro bowler". L,mao. I love pointless references like that. That was ages ago in his one single fluke season. I also love how signing this bum is "beefing up their LB". More like adding trash to the pile. 

are the packers that hard up for LB's?  I guess Green Bay might see us in the playoffs.  yes pro bowl doesn't really mean what it used to mean.  

5 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

Per Jane, Jaylon's camp was contacted about waving the gtd $9.2mill injury clause and staying with Cowboys, but they refused...

Jane Slater On Why Jaylon Smith Was Released Now    

Waive 9.2 mil? Yeah, that's gonna be a no for me too dog.

24 minutes ago, Dr. Beeper said:

LVE isn’t an embarrassment like Jaylon but he’s not much better. That rant he went on bitching about fans bitching about terrible play (Jaylon) not knowing what we’re talking about was hilarious. LVE is an idiot and the faster we get rid of him, the better. 

I don't disagree.  both of them were draft "reaches".  given their round I would put them in the semi bust category.   LVE could possibly be moved to the serviceable category.

LVE isn’t an embarrassment like Jaylon but he’s not much better. That rant he went on bitching about fans bitching about terrible play (Jaylon) not knowing what we’re talking about was hilarious. LVE is an idiot and the faster we get rid of him, the better. 

Just heard that byte on Channel 5. What a gaping vagina.

On 10/6/2021 at 10:00 PM, Dr. Beeper said:

Agreed. He's a fucking bum like Jaylon. He won't be here next year. Good riddance.