Texas Football 2021 In-Season Thread: Can we get a redo?

BurntOrange&White

1 minute ago, WinningIsHard said:

Have you ever gone through those classes and compared them to the roster we have right now? Lulz. Go ahead and find me all those rock solid contributors. We will all wait with gleeful anticipation as you name off bust after bust after transfer after transfer. This is a depressing game to play but seriously check into it. Before you do…google longhorn nfl players. That should eliminate a large chunk of your argument almost immediately lmao. 

Yep.

Also, whoever pointed out that the difference between a mid-20s class like a lot of the BIg XII gets and a top-5 like we get is a handful of 4- and 5- stars.  If those guys flame out, guess what?  We have exactly Baylor-TCU-OSU talent.  And if our evals aren't good on the rest of the class, fuhgeddaboutit.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

6 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

baylor beat us with 4 and 5 stars on the edges?

It’s almost like the staff brought in a bunch of jags from the portal, because there literally wasn’t any bodies at the position, after 4 years of Orlando recruiting for his defense. The best part of this was my original comment actually was criticizing the staff, but a couple people that just want to yell at clouds still want to argue 

Edited by Codaxx

Just now, Codaxx said:

It’s almost like the staff brought in a bunch of jags from the portal, because there literally wasn’t any bodies at the position, after 4 years of Orlando recruiting for his defense 

so we are in the bargaining stage with 7 win Steve.  its the players. even though we've seen 11 years of shitty coaching.  we know what shitty coaching looks like and this is it AGAIN.

also, you didn't answer the question.  did Baylor beat us with 4 and 5 star players?

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

baylor beat us with 4 and 5 stars on the edges?

Baylor beat us because Matt rhule left the program much better than he found it. Aranda is a good coach. Now say out loud Charlie strong lost to Kansas for the first time at Texas since World War II, Tom herman lost to Maryland twice. Those two left the program in shambles haha. You need to watch the matrix and quit trying to bend the spoon dude. You are the spoon. Take Bijan away and we are the second worst team in the big 12. Now adjust your expectations of sark based on those facts. It’s easier to digest. We aren’t 09 Texas anymore. We are our little brother with straighter teeth and we don’t fuck sheep. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, WinningIsHard said:

Baylor beat us because Matt rhule left the program much better than he found it. Aranda is a good coach. Now say out loud Charlie strong lost to Kansas for the first time at Texas since World War II, Tom herman lost to Maryland twice. Those two left the program in shambles haha. You need to watch the matrix and quit trying to bend the spoon dude. You are the spoon. Take Bijan away and we are the second worst team in the big 12. Now adjust your expectations of sark based on those facts. It’s easier to digest. We aren’t 09 Texas anymore. We are our little brother with straighter teeth and we don’t fuck sheep. 

yes, because we keep hiring shitty coaches.  and we just hired another one who actually had a record as being so shitty his nickname is 7 win Steve.  matrix whatever

why the fuck should I adjust my expectations?  Its "winningishard" folks like you that are the problem.  Herman would have been at least 9-4 last year.  we'll be lucky to win 6.  Steve Sarkisian sucks as a head coach.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

Yeah, it might be nice to have a coaching change because your corch left for the NFL instead of getting fired for smearing shit in his hair.  Hell, even having one leave due to a rape scandal is preferable, football-wise, to what we've been doing.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, ONE YARD said:

The fact that some of y’all are defending coaches who get paid millions of dollars to not lose 3 games in a row in the exact same fashion is crazy to me. 

I guess it’s to prove someone was right or whatever about something? I mean I don’t care but when you hire and fire and hire and fire and hire again this is typically what happens. Hire slowly and fire quickly. But we don’t have a process that I am aware of in place like that. None other than BMDs swinging their dicks and cash around to prove they know best and they know how to win. And they are going to get their guy in there. Rhule, Traylor and Fickell weren’t good enough. They hadn’t shown TPTB enough. They aren’t ready for the Big time. They know everything our BMDS! Except they don’t. Or they’d be coaching. 

6 minutes ago, ONE YARD said:

The fact that some of y’all are defending coaches who get paid millions of dollars to not lose 3 games in a row in the exact same fashion is crazy to me. 

The "get paid millions" thing is so dumb.  It's the price of admission at a school like Texas.  It's not any more or less acceptable at a smaller program where they pay less.

I mean, would you feel better about it if we just paid Sarkisian $500,000?

• Haha 1

yes, because we keep hiring shitty coaches.  and we just hired another one who actually had a record as being so shitty his nickname is 7 win Steve.  matrix whatever
why the fuck should I adjust my expectations?  Its "winningishard" folks like you that are the problem.  Herman would have been at least 9-4 last year.  we'll be lucky to win 6.  Steve Sarkisian sucks as a head coach.

Sam saved Herman’s ass on many occasions. Sark has Casey. We also lost Ossai, Cosmi, Sterns, and flexing Brown.
There will be plenty of roster churning after this season

5 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Yea and they also have Alabama 123, Georgia 110, Oregon 101, etc. 

Thats worthless information. 

Alabama and Georgia are in a reloading cycle.  Oregon, too, relative to Texas. Do you really contend that Texas has been in a position to "reload" any time in the last decade?  We've been in a series of incompleted rebuild cycles since 2013, at the latest.

The point is the people who think Herman would win 9 games with "this roster" are full of shit.  We turn over not quite half of it, and the 2019 class of replacements is an abomination.

Edited by TwiceHorn
  • Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

so we are in the bargaining stage with 7 win Steve.  its the players. even though we've seen 11 years of shitty coaching.  we know what shitty coaching looks like and this is it AGAIN.

also, you didn't answer the question.  did Baylor beat us with 4 and 5 star players?

This literally has nothing to do with my statement. Now you are going to try to make it argument about something completely unrelated. You are going to make a great wife to someone one day 

Expecting Casey Thompson to hit a wide open Worthy running down the sideline is asking him to do something he can’t execute? When he has already done it earlier in the game and several other times this season?
Hitting Joshua Moore in the hands with a lollipop TD pass is something that Moore can’t be expected to execute? Again, he’d already done it earlier in the game. 
If we connect on those two plays we lead 28-10 going into halftime and are up 35-10 halfway through the third quarter. Baylor then has to depend on the arm of Gerry Bohanon to come back from 4 scores down, and Sark never makes that stupid fake punt call. 

I don’t know if Sark is the guy long term, but those were great calls that our players should be expected to execute. It’s not asking a lot. 

If we connect. If we execute…..

5 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

We haven’t won a big 12 title in 12 years. You can keep whining and moaning about how bad sark sucks and how bad we fucked up but the reality is you are complaining from a place like we had some kind of choice lol. Herman was going off the rails and he would be 2-6 right now without a battering ram at QB. Fickell probably says no, urban said no, Matt Campbell probably turns us down. We Are Texas by god, is outdated bud. Nobody gives a fuck anymore. Texas is a hard place to coach, whether that’s real or some Mack brown voodoo to fuck us for running him out of town, it’s a perception. 

1 minute ago, TwiceHorn said:

Alabama and Georgia are in a reloading cycle.  Do you really contend that Texas has been in a position to "reload" any time in the last decade?

I contend that measure is completely irrelevant since I count 1 top 25 team in the top 50 on that list and it’s UTSA. 

4 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

The "get paid millions" thing is so dumb.  It's the price of admission at a school like Texas.  It's not any more or less acceptable at a smaller program where they pay less.

I mean, would you feel better about it if we just paid Sarkisian $500,000?

Hell ya. If that was the case he for sure would be gone at the end of the year. 

1 minute ago, Codaxx said:

This literally has nothing to do with my statement. Now you are going to try to make it argument about something completely unrelated. You are going to make a great wife to someone one day 

ha, its exactly everything to do with your statement.  you argued we didn't have 4 and 5 star players on the edges.  I said did Baylor beat us with 4 and 5 star players?  you ignored it because the answer is no. they beat us with better coaching.

you are avoiding what you said because the issue is not 4 and 5 star players.

4 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

Yea and they also have Alabama 123, Georgia 110, Oregon 101, etc. 

Thats worthless information. 

No that means they get a fuck ton of people drafted dumbass. Then they fill those spots with more bad asses. We lost a 4 year starter at QB. A solid safety, our only receivers, and a couple bad asses that we never utilized on the DL. Add that to all The transfers and our returning production was garbage. We don’t reload like bama and Georgia. It’s why saban and smart are so impressive right now. Year in and year out they lose players to the draft and never miss a beat. We lose undrafted free agents to the nfl haha. 

• Rage+1 1

5 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

We haven’t won a big 12 title in 12 years. You can keep whining and moaning about how bad sark sucks and how bad we fucked up but the reality is you are complaining from a place like we had some kind of choice lol. Herman was going off the rails and he would be 2-6 right now without a battering ram at QB. Fickell probably says no, urban said no, Matt Campbell probably turns us down. We Are Texas by god, is outdated bud. Nobody gives a fuck anymore. Texas is a hard place to coach, whether that’s real or some Mack brown voodoo to fuck us for running him out of town, it’s a perception. 

I've already said We're Cal.  that doesn't mean I should adjust my expectations or call out shitty coaching.  Texas is a hard place to coach? what fucking ever.  yes,  Its a hard place to coach for shitty coaches.

Just now, dcar00 said:

ha, its exactly everything to do with your statement.  you argued we didn't have 4 and 5 star players on the edges.  I said did Baylor beat us with 4 and 5 star players?  you ignored it because the answer is no. they beat us with better coaching.

you are avoiding what you said because the issue is not 4 and 5 star players.

Dumbass. I get it you trying to win the internet. 

I literally said 

1. the roster has holes in it.. which is true

2. the coaches have made mistakes.. which clearly you agree with also

3. The team is 4-4 and replaced 2 starters, which is on the coaches for not setting accountability 

at no point did I say they lost to Baylor, because they were less talented. At no point did I excuse the coaches. You just have an uncontrollable urge to yell and argue, because Texas lost. That or you just lack reading comprehension skills 

• Haha 1

Just now, dcar00 said:

I've already said We're Cal.  that doesn't mean I should adjust my expectations or call out shitty coaching.  Texas is a hard place to coach? what fucking ever.  yes,  Its a hard place to coach for shitty coaches.

Man you are like a woodpecker huh? You can beat your head against shit with no brain damage? Start with the 90’s bro. Tell me how many conference championships we have till right now. Lol. You are an irrational, titty baby Texas fan. But but we’re Texas, money and lots of money mean that we should win gosh darn it!!! People have said it ad nauseam on here, Texas doesn’t care about winning football games like bama or Georgia. Is Kirby smart a good coach? Who the fuck knows. He doesn’t have to coach a whole lot but when he does they shit the bed. When dabo doesn’t have Deshaun Watson or Trevor Lawrence is he mediocre? Urban Meyer needed zeke to go off 250 to win it all lmao.  Aside from saban, what if all these guys are just decent coaches but cheat their balls off because their schools care about winning more than ours do? Oh and the answer is 3 if you start with 1996, Oklahoma has 14. We don’t care about football as a university as much as you think we do. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Codaxx said:

Dumbass. I get it you trying to win the internet. 

I literally said 

1. the roster has holes in it.. which is true

2. the coaches have made mistakes.. which clearly you agree with also

3. The team is 4-4 and replaced 2 starters, which is on the coaches for not setting accountability 

at no point did I say they lost to Baylor, because they were less talented. At no point did I excuse the coaches. You just have an uncontrollable urge to yell and argue, because Texas lost. That or you just lack reading comprehension skills 

literally your comment was only about players, not having 4 and 5 stars, and never mentioned coaches.  that is what I was responding to every roster, even Baylor's, has holes in it.  we lost because we have shitty coaches.

8 minutes ago, TotallyLegit said:

If we never utilized them, why does it matter that we lost them?

Malcolm roach played the wrong position so his stats should have been doubled probably, with that said he actually contributed a decent amount. For instance, Bijan was not used nearly enough but you value his worth much higher than his stats showed. Right? 

7 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

Or maybe you just overrated the absolute fuck out of this team because they have one badass player and if you take that guy away they are extremely average and easy to beat....

• Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

literally your comment was only about players, not having 4 and 5 stars, and never mentioned coaches.  that is what I was responding to every roster, even Baylor's, has holes in it.  we lost because we have shitty coaches.

No it wasn’t. Some dumb ass started to spouting off about recruiting rankings, instead of actual roster composition. I cited 2 examples of positions that have been under recruited. Like I said they are holes on the roster and the staff has fucked up. Both can be true, it isn’t an either or 

• Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

Man you are like a woodpecker huh? You can beat your head against shit with no brain damage? Start with the 90’s bro. Tell me how many conference championships we have till right now. Lol. You are an irrational, titty baby Texas fan. But but we’re Texas, money and lots of money mean that we should win gosh darn it!!! People have said it ad nauseam on here, Texas doesn’t care about winning football games like bama or Georgia. Is Kirby smart a good coach? Who the fuck knows. He doesn’t have to coach a whole lot but when he does they shit the bed. When dabo doesn’t have Deshaun Watson or Trevor Lawrence is he mediocre? Urban Meyer needed zeke to go off 250 to win it all lmao.  Aside from saban, what if all these guys are just decent coaches but cheat their balls off because their schools care about winning more than ours do? Oh and the answer is 3 if you start with 1996, Oklahoma has 14. We don’t care about football as a university as much as you think we do. 

man you are a dolt but nice words.  I said We're Cal.  do you think I said that because I think we give a shit about winning football games?

3 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Or maybe you just overrated the absolute fuck out of this team because they have one badass player and if you take that guy away they are extremely average and easy to beat....

no reason this team shouldn't have won regular season 9 games(8 at the bare minimum) given the shitty teams in the Big 12 with a real DC and that's on Sark.

2 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

So your expectations are Cal but Sark is a shitty coach still? 70 points against tech, beat tcu finally. cal was 1-11 in 2013. You’d be yelling at the clouds like this if you were a cal fan? That doesn’t make any sense lol. 

https://www.sports-reference.com/cfb/schools/california/index.html

jennifer lawrence ok GIF

did I say my expectations were Cal?  really tech and tcu? they are awful.

1 minute ago, dcar00 said:

no reason this team shouldn't have won regular season 9 games(8 at the bare minimum) given the shitty teams in the Big 12 with a real DC and that's on Sark.

Yep PK looking like a bad hire.

That can be addressed without nuking the whole staff in the first year of a new head coach.

Barring a huge turnaround on defense, I think Sark needs to change the DC.  Don't wait to fix a mistake.

39 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Alabama and Georgia are in a reloading cycle.  Oregon, too, relative to Texas. Do you really contend that Texas has been in a position to "reload" any time in the last decade?  We've been in a series of incompleted rebuild cycles since 2013, at the latest.

The point is the people who think Herman would win 9 games with "this roster" are full of shit.  We turn over not quite half of it, and the 2019 class of replacements is an abomination.

I don’t think Herman would win 9 games with this team in all likelihood. But that’s irrelevant. He isn’t the coach. My concerns are that Sark doesn’t adjust, apparently can’t see clear roster deficiencies, and hasn’t corrected the same mental mistakes that cost us games three weeks in a row. We could have brought back the same percentage as UTSA and we would still have those same problems.

On 10/17/2021 at 9:27 AM, immamac said:

Do any of you fucking morons even watch the games? It really seems like you just look at box scores and claim you watched. 

Coaches don't drop passes, false start, fail to block or throw interceptions. 

Stop blaming sark for his team being inexcusably dogshit. Next year if he doesn't figure out the personnel issues then he needs to be on the hot seat. You cant fucking coach your way out of stupidity. The people talking about lack of adjustments or just some magic happening where the other team adjusted in the 2nd half don't watch football. Gundy isn't some fucking genius who adjusted, he got a few key calls that went his way and Texas straight up didn't execute. They didn't pancake the OL, the OL DIDNT BLOCK THEM. Jake Majors also got hurt, he is the center for those of you who don't know, and that is a very important block assignment caller on the offensive line. 

Sark recruits his way out of this or he is terrible. Anyone saying that our O-Line is good needs to pull their heads out of their ass. Not a single one of these guys will even get sniffed in the draft and last year we lost a guy who has one of the highest blocking grades in the NFL. 

5 hours ago, immamac said:

Those turds won more fucking games than this every season. Shut the fuck up. This team is dogshit and it’s coaching.

anyone blaming the players is stupid as fuck and doesn’t know jack shit about football. The offensive line is not playing well enough to have the best running back in the country by far to have the ball fed to him. That’s how bad this team is. You can’t give Bijan the ball 35 times because that isn’t even 100 yards. He couldn’t get anything going. It was a major issue, couple that with the defense not being able to tackle to save their lives on first contact and poof you have the reason why this game was lost. 

it’s not fucking rocket science. This team can’t block and tackle. If you can’t block and tackle it doesn’t make a shit how good you can run throw or catch. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, longhornmatt said:

This.  Sark has the least sense of urgency of any coach I have ever seen.  No matter what is happening, the plays don’t change, the players don’t change, and the team’s attitude doesn’t change.  This dude was meant to be an OC who spends his time tinkering with route combinations on the chalkboard. 

He’s taking the laid-back California chill thing way too far.  It’s like quaaludes personified in a football coach.   I don’t need him to yell and scream on the sideline, but you’ve got to at least try to do something instead of setttling in and playing the fiddle while Rome burns.

he did yell at some lowly ginger assistant once.  can't remember which game.

Ive lost almost all interest in college football. Texas football has broken me as a fan. I broke my 99-home game streak 2 weeks ago. Didnt watch any other games after the Texas Baylor game today for the first time ever. 

Its a strange fucking feeling. Not even sure who to blame at this point. The coaches, the players, the university, or myself?

Not sure if I should drink more, drink less, or not drink at all. 

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

Calling it now, we'll win out.  All of the remaining teams we'll face are terrible to mediocre.  No team can be this snakebit for four games in a row.  By the end of the year, our guys will have some confidence and win the bowl game against a top 25-ish team for 9-4. With the perspective of hindsight, this 3-game skid will be disregarded as growing pains while Sark installs his culture.

Edited by Ultimate Failure
  • Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, GreenspointTexas said:

Ive lost almost all interest in college football. Texas football has broken me as a fan. I broke my 99-home game streak 2 weeks ago. Didnt watch any other games after the Texas Baylor game today for the first time ever. 

Its a strange fucking feeling. Not even sure who to blame at this point. The coaches, the players, the university, or myself?

Not sure if I should drink more, drink less, or not drink at all. 

what took you so long seinfeld GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• BurntOrange&White changed the title to Texas Football 2021 In-Season Thread: Can we get a redo?