Texas Football 2021 In-Season Thread: Can we get a redo?

BurntOrange&White

9 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

As long as we keep getting shitty oline recruits it doesn't matter who the fuck coaches here.

The most infuriating part is that you can build a salty oline without any bluechip recruits. See half the big 12.  Our 2 best OL in a decade were a 3 star TE and an almost 2 star tackle.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

LOL! As often as you call people stupid and dumbass this take is hilarious. Let’s fire the DC who is known around college football as a top 5 guy. Yeah I bet the 4 guys ahead of him will be beating the door down to get here so they can get fired too after one year. I’m sure the next DC diamond in the rough can’t wait to sit his ass down on the hot seat just to fuck around and find out. We have to stop fucking firing coaches at some point and let them have some time. This revolving door of coordinators and position coaches has turned Texas into a fucking clown show. Drop the “we’re Texas” bullshit and be thankful we still make a lot of money as a university. You take the money away and we are Nebraska. Let that sink in. If we fire PK we become the cesspool that Herbstreit claimed we are, and fuck that guy with a sandpaper dildo. 

Lincoln Riley replaced his DC within after a year.

Aranda replaced his OC after a year.

But you're right stick with the DC that is giving up 200 yards rushing a game vs p5 opponents including 2 300 yard games.

• Hook 'Em 3

51 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

LOL! As often as you call people stupid and dumbass this take is hilarious. Let’s fire the DC who is known around college football as a top 5 guy. Yeah I bet the 4 guys ahead of him will be beating the door down to get here so they can get fired too after one year. I’m sure the next DC diamond in the rough can’t wait to sit his ass down on the hot seat just to fuck around and find out. We have to stop fucking firing coaches at some point and let them have some time. This revolving door of coordinators and position coaches has turned Texas into a fucking clown show. Drop the “we’re Texas” bullshit and be thankful we still make a lot of money as a university. You take the money away and we are Nebraska. Let that sink in. If we fire PK we become the cesspool that Herbstreit claimed we are, and fuck that guy with a sandpaper dildo. 

Wait. You think what PK has done so far is acceptable!?  In what way? Please explain 

PK doesn’t suck, his past performances prove that. He’s gotta go because he can’t do his thing with our defensive roster. We also need to bring in a guy who can bring in other coaches he needs to do his thing.

I feel bad for choate too, but he’s the co-dc so he probably bears some responsibility as well.

2 hours ago, ONE YARD said:

Wait. You think what PK has done so far is acceptable!?  In what way? Please explain 

It doesn’t really matter if this year is acceptable man, we hired him. Unless we want to turn off every DC in America he has to be given a fighting chance to recruit some players that fit his scheme. I don’t know if you know what it means to take a dumpster fire and turn it around but it doesn’t happen in one year or even two. If we fire PK after one year that will be 4 different DC’s in 7 years. After a while it ain’t them bro, it’s us. 

21 hours ago, burdine said:

I think getting WRs wide ass open is good coaching.  He's not sending them over the middle to get pounded by Troy Polamalu.

If they can't catch a wide ass open pass then that's not really coaching in my opinion and it doesn't make me want new coaches.  It makes me want WR recruits that can literally catch a wide open pass.

Also the QB throwing it out of bounds on bad footwork that a middle school QB knows to step into is not bad coaching.

This is all bad execution.

Who is supposed to make footwork a fundamental automatic part of the QB's game?   And the reason those WRs are open is because opponents know he doesn't hit often on those passes and TX WRs seem confused by opposable thumbs.   The plan for every opponent is to keep 9 in the box and kick our ass at the LOS and key in on Bijan because he is the only guy who can make shit happen by himself.   They could line up with 8 guys on defense and still fucking win.   

13 minutes ago, WinningIsHard said:

It doesn’t really matter if this year is acceptable man, we hired him. Unless we want to turn off every DC in America he has to be given a fighting chance to recruit some players that fit his scheme. I don’t know if you know what it means to take a dumpster fire and turn it around but it doesn’t happen in one year or even two. If we fire PK after one year that will be 4 different DC’s in 7 years. After a while it ain’t them bro, it’s us. 

Please stop saying this. He needs to put the players he has NOW in a position to win and then over time recruit players to his system. 

• Hook 'Em 4

21 hours ago, Duane Moore said:

Expecting Casey Thompson to hit a wide open Worthy running down the sideline is asking him to do something he can’t execute? When he has already done it earlier in the game and several other times this season?

Hitting Joshua Moore in the hands with a lollipop TD pass is something that Moore can’t be expected to execute? Again, he’d already done it earlier in the game. 

If we connect on those two plays we lead 28-10 going into halftime and are up 35-10 halfway through the third quarter. Baylor then has to depend on the arm of Gerry Bohanon to come back from 4 scores down, and Sark never makes that stupid fake punt call. 

I don’t know if Sark is the guy long term, but those were great calls that our players should be expected to execute. It’s not asking a lot. 

Casey and the WRs miss on what percentage of the time?  The defensive plan for everyone is to key in on Bijan and the running game.   Only cursory respect is given to our WRs because well, that is all that is warranted.   

If we connect.   Haha.   

2 hours ago, BurntOrange&White said:

Lincoln Riley replaced his DC within after a year.

Aranda replaced his OC after a year.

But you're right stick with the DC that is giving up 200 yards rushing a game vs p5 opponents including 2 300 yard games.

The problem isn't that we would fire him after one year, the problem is we keep firing people. You guys have to think about this realistically. These are grown ass men with families and shit. Why would anyone in their right mind take the job and move their family here only to be wondering how they were going to pay their bills a year later? None of you would put yourselves and your family in that situation, and yet that's where Texas is at this point, the coach killing U.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1
  • Drool 1

6 minutes ago, nineliveslost said:

Please stop saying this. He needs to put the players he has NOW in a position to win and then over time recruit players to his system. 

He does. We have wide open windows to deliver passes to WRs in stride. We have a shitty QB with horrible mechanics and poor vision. Instead of throwing WRs open, Casey more often than not throws WRs into coverage. You want the WRs to stop dropping balls, stop throwing the ball where they have to make spectacular catches with defenders draped all over them.

Our WRs are not great, but they are better than what Casey makes them be.

12 minutes ago, nineliveslost said:

He doesn't have those players though. He's got enough everywhere but at LB. They kill this defense and everyone talks about getting out schemed, well opponents have figured out our weakness at LB and there is nothing PK can do this season to fix it. 

Half the time they take themselves out of position and the other half they can't get off blocks nor pass cover.

In Baylor game I witnessed multiple times where our LBs tried to penetrate the SAME hole one after another (guess which hole the RB was not in).

Just like offense just needing better linemen, the defense needs better LBs.

Edited by MonkeyDoughnut

4 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

He does. We have wide open windows to deliver passes to WRs in stride. We have a shitty QB with horrible mechanics and poor vision. Instead of throwing WRs open, Casey more often than not throws WRs into coverage. You want the WRs to stop dropping balls, stop throwing the ball where they have to make spectacular catches with defenders draped all over them.

Our WRs are not great, but they are better than what Casey makes them be.

Add in a QB who has little time or pocket to throw on most of his poor throws

8 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

The problem isn't that we would fire him after one year, the problem is we keep firing people. You guys have to think about this realistically. These are grown ass men with families and shit. Why would anyone in their right mind take the job and move their family here only to be wondering how they were going to pay their bills a year later? None of you would put yourselves and your family in that situation, and yet that's where Texas is at this point, the coach killing U.

He also makes millions of dollars, to not make the same mistakes and calls every game and expect different results. The past 2 weeks we have faced teams that have spotty ability to make plays down the field in the passing game. So our million dollar coach decides it's best to align the safeties 15-25 yards back while having the CBs drop their coverages before the snap.

Baylor doesn't have great WRs, and the Texas CBs should have been able to dominate that game, in some cases they did when they sat on the underneath routes. OSU has one good WR, and a bunch of jags.

I could care less about his family. He's got more than enough money to support them. His job is to be better than 105 in the country. Since he fails at this job, he should be rightly fired.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

Here's some numbers that will piss you off. Remember the garbage 2010 season with GDGG at the helm? Through the first 8 games of that season we scored 87 points in the second half and gave up 79 points. This year we've scored 123 points but have given up 142 points. Not only are we giving up more points than we're scoring but the defense is almost doubling the amount given up and that 2010 team was just coming off a national championship appearance. 

2010 we held 4 teams to less than 10 points after half time. This year it only happened once. 

What’s with everyone excusing PK because he doesn’t have guys that “fit his scheme”? How about ADJUSTING THE FUCKING SCHEME?? Why do only hire Neanderthals who refuse to try anything new? It’s like they would rather get shit on every Saturday so long as they can do it “their way”. Saban ran a pro-style offense for decades until he realized it wasn’t working anymore and adjusted. They now have consistent top 10 offenses. We hire guys who will go to their grave with one scheme because they cannot or will not admit that it’s not working.

This isn’t just on defense by the way. Herman’s QB battering ram offense that consistently resulted in injuries at the most important position on the field also comes to mind.

Edited by Auto Driller
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, MonkeyDoughnut said:

Add in a QB who has little time or pocket to throw on most of his poor throws

This is bullshit. When the QB holds the ball, the OL gives up pressure. Colt played behind shit OLs but the offense didn't crumble because of it.

It's the same shit with the WRs, the OL is not great, but when you have a shitty indecisive QB, it looks worse than they are. The 1st sack on the 2nd drive was completely on Casey for holding the ball.

He was staring at the right side of field where he had 2 TEs in routes against 3 defenders. He literally stared for 2-3 seconds waiting for them to break open. He finally saw the blitzing LB too late, and missed a wide fucking open Bijan in the left flat. When I say wide fucking open, I mean the closet Baylor defender was 20 yards away from him.

If you need the OL to hold up for 5+ seconds consistently so our QB can process what the defense is doing while simultaneously hoping our WRs make incredible contested catches 80% of the time then you are going to find an offense that struggles to do anything.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, irishtexan said:

You can't attribute our failures to any one thing. It's not just coaching. It's not just players. It's not just the institution. It's not the fans. Etc. 

1) Our athletic department/football program clearly prioritizes making money over winning football games. Not having a "bag game" in place and our fucking dipshittery on NIL makes it nearly impossible to land super-elite recruits that we need to compete at the highest level. Then you've got Plonsky mucking everything up. I think she actually likes that the football team sucks.

2) So yeah. We don't have the guys to compete with Alabama, Georgia, and at this point, unfortunately, even A&M. Think about how fucking horrible this team would be without Bijan, Worthy and even Overshown. How awful would we be? Those dudes were all five-stars (by at least one ranking). You need super-elite guys who change the game in some way. We have three of them. 

3) And then we have super-elite guys that we fail to develop. What the fuck is going on with Alfred Collins? That dude should be fucking shit up. But he's a JAG. And while we don't have the guys to compete with Alabama, we sure as shit have better talent the Baylor, Arkansas, and Oklahoma State. On the whole, our players had more raw talent coming out of high school than the guys at BU, AK, and Ok St. We don't maximize the talent we have on our roster. We haven't developed players for 12 years. Across four coaching staffs. That's fucking embarrassing. To be honest, I have no idea why an elite recruit would come here when you could go to OU. Four fucking staffs that have been abject failures in player development. It's fucking baffling. 

4) Scheme and personnel. I just don't understand how these coaches keep playing against our strengths. Playing Jett Bush and Luke Brokermeyer is inexcusable. Expecting three down lineman to get a rush while playing 15 yards off the ball is inexcusable. Continuing to pound the ball between the tackles when our OL can't block is inexcusable. I just can't understand it.

There's just so much working against this program at this point. We can't land elite guys. We can't develop the guys we have. And our coaching sucks. At least this frees up my Saturdays in the fall to do whatever I want instead of planning my weekends around watching the games. It's just not worth it. I can't get emotionally invested in a team that consistently disappoints. 

There are a lot of truths in this post. The one thing I will say is we are not nearly as talented as we think we are. As I said before, our classes are rated highly because of the few top guys we have in them. However, if you were to rank our classes after those guys leave we would drop down into the 20's. A lot of guys have jumped ship from those classes. That leaves the lower rated guys holding the torch, and we are seeing it on the field.

7 hours ago, dcar00 said:

Its 7 win Steve and he got that name because he went 7-6 3 years in a row at UW.  maybe we should go with 7.5 Win Steve?

He’s proven he can win more than 7 games so what’s the point in continuing this silly moniker? That’s like calling Mack coach February after winning the national championship. It’s funny at the time but saying it now is silly

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

This is bullshit. When the QB holds the ball, the OL gives up pressure. Colt played behind shit OLs but the offense didn't crumble because of it.

It's the same shit with the WRs, the OL is not great, but when you have a shitty indecisive QB, it looks worse than they are. The 1st sack on the 2nd drive was completely on Casey for holding the ball.

He was staring at the right side of field where he had 2 TEs in routes against 3 defenders. He literally stared for 2-3 seconds waiting for them to break open. He finally saw the blitzing LB too late, and missed a wide fucking open Bijan in the left flat. When I say wide fucking open, I mean the closet Baylor defender was 20 yards away from him.

If you need the OL to hold up for 5+ seconds consistently so our QB can process what the defense is doing while simultaneously hoping our WRs make incredible contested catches 80% of the time then you are going to find an offense that struggles to do anything.

They should have informed him on that one single play they were going to hold up.

3 minutes ago, Thatguy said:

There are a lot of truths in this post. The one thing I will say is we are not nearly as talented as we think we are. As I said before, our classes are rated highly because of the few top guys we have in them. However, if you were to rank our classes after those guys leave we would drop down into the 20's. A lot of guys have jumped ship from those classes. That leaves the lower rated guys holding the torch, and we are seeing it on the field.

I hear you man, but a top 20 - 30 recruiting classes should get us better than 4 and 4 on the year 

2 minutes ago, nineliveslost said:

I hear you man, but a top 20 - 30 recruiting classes should get us better than 4 and 4 on the year 

Quarterbacking matters my man. How many of those games do you guys think we lose if Sam is at the helm? Do you think we fold up in the 4th with him quarterbacking?

• Hook 'Em 1

34 minutes ago, nineliveslost said:

I don't know. Is it skill or leadership? Or coaching that put the players in the best situation to win?

We are all grasping at straws trying to understand the suck 

I don’t think the offense sucks. I actually think it is performing pretty well. The OL is not good, QBs play is inconsistent and mediocre, and the WRs Corp is below average. It’s a limited unit. It relies on play calls to make big plays. Given the limitations it is not going  to be efficient. 8-10 play drives are going to be rare vs decent defense given the holes. That is why the highs and lows are so far apart. That said the pts and yards are all pretty solid 

• Hook 'Em 4

1 hour ago, Auto Driller said:

What’s with everyone excusing PK because he doesn’t have guys that “fit his scheme”? How about ADJUSTING THE FUCKING SCHEME?? Why do only hire Neanderthals who refuse to try anything new? It’s like they would rather get shit on every Saturday so long as they can do it “their way”. Saban ran a pro-style offense for decades until he realized it wasn’t working anymore and adjusted. They now have consistent top 10 offenses. We hire guys who will go to their grave with one scheme because they cannot or will not admit that it’s not working.

This isn’t just on defense by the way. Herman’s QB battering ram offense that consistently resulted in injuries at the most important position on the field also comes to mind.

the exact same offense everyone wanted Urban to come here and run.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Auto Driller said:

Saban lol. So sark and pk fucking suck in your eyes but they should at least have the awareness and ability of the greatest coach of all time? Listen to yourself man. Recreating Nick saban’s success is like somebody thinking they will ever break Joe Dimaggio’s hitting game streak. It ain’t fuckin happening. DC’s don’t get good at their job by having 3 schemes they learn and can implement. That’s ridiculous. Is there some variation that will have more success with the players we have? Maybe, maybe not. We have 3 DL who are capable, 0 LB’s and at most 3 DB’s who can be counted on. The other 5 guys on the field are a wild card. You take those 6 out for fatigue and we have upwards of 7-8 guys who have no idea what the fuck they are doing snap to snap. What I mean by that is they are not built to either shed blockers, eat space, cover zone well, or make open field tackles. Chizik, ash, PK, Odom, Golding, muschamp…nobody is fixing this defense in one off season. They tried ford and the consensus is that Brock is better. Jesus Christ just let that marinate. 

1 hour ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

He’s proven he can win more than 7 games so what’s the point in continuing this silly moniker? That’s like calling Mack coach February after winning the national championship. It’s funny at the time but saying it now is silly

he's also won 5.  the dudes career record, over what amounts to 7 seasons, is basically 7-5.  If the shoe fits....

Edit: I too thought he'd shed the moniker but here we are....

Edited by dcar00

1 hour ago, dcar00 said:

he's also won 5.  the dudes career record, over what amounts to 7 seasons, is basically 7-5.  If the shoe fits....

Edit: I too thought he'd shed the moniker but here we are....

where are we? 8 games into a season that a bunch of obviously drunk fans thought we'd only lose 2 games in?

22 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

where are we? 8 games into a season that a bunch of obviously drunk fans thought we'd only lose 2 games in?

Idiots thought we'd win 11 games.  Including bowl game, I thought we'd win 9, 8 at min, 10 if all the stars aligned but Sark has proven me extremely optimistic.  I didn't think the D could be this bad but here we are.

• Hook 'Em 1

2 hours ago, immamac said:

It makes me wonder what would have happened if everyone stayed another year or sark was here a year earlier with Sam, Osai etc

Sam doesn't fold in these games. He also sees the short throws, knows how to check out of plays when the blitz is imminent, and is not allergic to intermediate throws on obvious passing downs. Sam is here and we win two of the 4 games we lost at the very least. Tack on Graham, Ossai, and Sterns and we might be looking pretty good right now. Add in Cosmi, Eagles, Epps, Smith, and Black we might have a 0 in the loss column. It's amazing to me to think about all the good players we lost and these dudes think there wouldn't be a falloff.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, Atticus said:

Trending that way. Probably takes a stubborn SOB to get what he wants from this shitty administration.

Wait, what?  When has a HFC at UT been denied anything?  Especially in the realm of assistant coaches.  The problem has always been with the HFC who didn't want to change, for whatever reason.

• Hook 'Em 2

19 minutes ago, TwiceHorn said:

Wait, what?  When has a HFC at UT been denied anything?  Especially in the realm of assistant coaches.  The problem has always been with the HFC who didn't want to change, for whatever reason.

Literally this past winter?? We wanted Raymond, and had a very good shot at landing him, but compliance went full retard and blocked it over concerns that he would get pulled into that rape cover up scandal at LSU. Some on here have continually backed that decision and I will continue to call them fucking pussies. Its not like we couldn't have just fired Raymond after the fact if he actually got any of that dirt thrown his way. Having Raymond on board alone would have locked up Harris for certain, probably Anderson and Mathews and given us a very real shot at fighting Coombs for Brooks in the 2022 class alone. 

Texas has this absurd fucking guideline about not allowing the hiring of any coach or staff member that is even tangentially involved in an active ongoing investigation. You think PK fucking blows as DC? We wanted Pruitt. That was Sark's top choice. He didn't give the tiniest of fucks about the scandal (and I would point out the NCAA still has not hit Pruitt with a show cause and likely never will) but we literally couldn't hire him because some bullshit guidelines that our administration actually gives teeth. Same deal with the like ~3 top choices of Sark for director of recruiting (and Harris has done a fairly abysmal job in the role). 

We need compliance to be put in their fucking place and a lot of these antiquated red tape guidelines to be torn the hell up. They were mostly put in place by dickhead Ivy league twats that hate sports anyway. The current reality of college athletics is that short of posting videos of you handing bags of cash to players on twitter you are essentially untouchable. I'm not even saying Sark SHOULD have hired Raymond, or Pruitt, or any of the various ultra shady DOR candidates..  but he wanted to and wasn't allowed. So yes our head coaches, even in football, are at times handcuffed. 

edit: I just remembered that thanks to Burnt Ends we have literally posted video of us handing bags of cash to players. NIL is wild. I guess I need a new analogy. 

Edited by HateYouAndMyself
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Rage+1 1

6 hours ago, HateYouAndMyself said:

Literally this past winter?? We wanted Raymond, and had a very good shot at landing him, but compliance went full retard and blocked it over concerns that he would get pulled into that rape cover up scandal at LSU. Some on here have continually backed that decision and I will continue to call them fucking pussies. Its not like we couldn't have just fired Raymond after the fact if he actually got any of that dirt thrown his way. Having Raymond on board alone would have locked up Harris for certain, probably Anderson and Mathews and given us a very real shot at fighting Coombs for Brooks in the 2022 class alone. 

Texas has this absurd fucking guideline about not allowing the hiring of any coach or staff member that is even tangentially involved in an active ongoing investigation. You think PK fucking blows as DC? We wanted Pruitt. That was Sark's top choice. He didn't give the tiniest of fucks about the scandal (and I would point out the NCAA still has not hit Pruitt with a show cause and likely never will) but we literally couldn't hire him because some bullshit guidelines that our administration actually gives teeth. Same deal with the like ~3 top choices of Sark for director of recruiting (and Harris has done a fairly abysmal job in the role). 

We need compliance to be put in their fucking place and a lot of these antiquated red tape guidelines to be torn the hell up. They were mostly put in place by dickhead Ivy league twats that hate sports anyway. The current reality of college athletics is that short of posting videos of you handing bags of cash to players on twitter you are essentially untouchable. I'm not even saying Sark SHOULD have hired Raymond, or Pruitt, or any of the various ultra shady DOR candidates..  but he wanted to and wasn't allowed. So yes our head coaches, even in football, are at times handcuffed. 

edit: I just remembered that thanks to Burnt Ends we have literally posted video of us handing bags of cash to players. NIL is wild. I guess I need a new analogy. 

And yet Casey Horny was allowed to be employed here....the problems here are institutional. Period. Doesn't matter how many times you change the guy in the headset, the results remain the same.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Thatguy said:

Sam doesn't fold in these games. He also sees the short throws, knows how to check out of plays when the blitz is imminent, and is not allergic to intermediate throws on obvious passing downs. Sam is here and we win two of the 4 games we lost at the very least. Tack on Graham, Ossai, and Sterns and we might be looking pretty good right now. Add in Cosmi, Eagles, Epps, Smith, and Black we might have a 0 in the loss column. It's amazing to me to think about all the good players we lost and these dudes think there wouldn't be a falloff.

Sam isn't here so who gives a shit what Sam would or wouldn't do as it's irrelevant. Sam was smart to bolt to the NFL due to his constant injuries dating back to high school.

If Vince was here also irrelevant. If Colt was here also irrelevant.

Ossai/Cosmi/Sterns leaving for the NFL was in their best interest due to the  draft projections. IMO last season Sterns seemed checked out on playing here, seems obvious considering how well he's doing so far in the league.

Epps and Black are JAGs.

Jake Smith is injury prone and that continues to be true even at another school so I can't honestly say he'd contribute much here.

The dumbest move was Eagles declaring for the draft, actually brain dead stupid.

Edited by BurntOrange&White
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

Getting paid 6 million/year and worrying about paying the bills?
  • Hook 'Em 1

And yet Casey Horny was allowed to be employed here....the problems here are institutional. Period. Doesn't matter how many times you change the guy in the headset, the results remain the same.

Nope. The problem is coaching + players. It isn’t more complicated than that.

If you don’t have the players, get them. Sark should have seen the no-line and went after guys (juco, portal, prison) and instead he brought in a RB to help out with our only well recruited position.

Card and Thompson are more then capable of getting the job done, if they had the support around them. There is a reason Snacks and I didn’t give a shit about the QB battle and wanted to see how the lines looked.

Well we saw and they are still shitty. Nothing else matters.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

7 hours ago, HateYouAndMyself said:

A Pruitt/Raymond/Davis led defensive staff has a top 30 defense and top 3 recruiting class at this point. Things like this are why Urban would rather lose 15 games every year in the NFL than coach here. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Nivek said:

Nope. The problem is coaching + players. It isn’t more complicated than that.

If you don’t have the players, get them. Sark should have seen the no-line and went after guys (juco, portal, prison) and instead he brought in a RB to help out with our only well recruited position.

Card and Thompson are more then capable of getting the job done, if they had the support around them. There is a reason Snacks and I didn’t give a shit about the QB battle and wanted to see how the lines looked.

Well we saw and they are still shitty. Nothing else matters.

How is a coach supposed to do their job when they are told they can't hire people that they want? Honest question. And if people are telling him he can't hire someone because they're afraid of a show cause, it stands to reason that they aren't gonna let the guy get players that may be "questionable" either. This seems like a big problem, assuming the Pruitt stuff is true. I mean who the absolute fuck hires defensive assistants before a defensive coordinator?

Edited by Pam Cummings

• BurntOrange&White changed the title to Texas Football 2021 In-Season Thread: Can we get a redo?