Texas Football 2021 In-Season Thread: Can we get a redo?

BurntOrange&White

3 minutes ago, redswingline said:

We have youth /inexperience in key positions. Sometimes those guys need more time under their belt to be able to come through in the clutch.

i.e. WR's dropping key passes. Washington dropped at least 2 that may have changed the outcome of the game.

Casey Thompson is going through growing pains. He had at least 5 passes where his feet weren't set.

who is the emotional leader on defense? I don't see one.

Some of these things, they take time to come together and rarely do they in the first year of a HC.

Plus, Sark is working with the turds that Herman left.

Speaking of leaders, I know I have spotted one who ISN’T. Sark…

Every time they cut to a picture of him on the sideline, he’s either kneeling away from the rest of the coaches with his head buried in this play sheet or staring into the void with a mix of confusion and fear on his face. 

Edited by Auto Driller
  • Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

the players get the leads and then our coaches are out coached at halftime every fucking game.  its the coaches.

Did Sark drop the deep ball to Marcus Washington? Did Sark fumble the ball in FG range in the 2nd quarter costing the team at least 3 points? Did Sark drop a TD in the corner of the endzone? Did Sark miss the deep corner to the pylon to Xavier Worthy?

It’s a cluster fuck of everything. Not great coaching for stretches, shitty play by the players for stretches. Joshua Moore comes out looking great and then shits all over himself for the rest of the game. Until you start benching players for poor performance regardless of the capability of their backup, nothing will change. Right now Joshua Moore (and I know Whittington got hurt) knows he doesn’t have to play good, he just has to be better than Kai Money. You can go position by position and say the same thing across the board. Until you set a standard that you have to play your ass off every play and play to a standard, not simply be better than your replacement to play, then you will see change. Kai Money has very little athletic ability, he’s small, almost no chance for a home run play, but I know one thing, he’ll appreciate the opportunity to go out there and play and give you everything he has. 

The program has an apathetic culture that has a vice grip around it. Coaches change, players change, administrations change (for the most part), yet one thing stays the same. The mentality that if you get your degree from Texas you are a winner. I can tell you that the 12 other teams we play every year couldn’t give a fuck about that.

• Rage+1 1

Just now, redswingline said:

We have youth /inexperience in key positions. Sometimes those guys need more time under their belt to be able to come through in the clutch.

i.e. WR's dropping key passes. Washington dropped at least 2 that may have changed the outcome of the game.

Casey Thompson is going through growing pains. He had at least 5 passes where his feet weren't set.

who is the emotional leader on defense? I don't see one.

Some of these things, they take time to come together and rarely do they in the first year of a HC.

Plus, Sark is working with the turds that Herman left.

Those turds won more fucking games than this every season. Shut the fuck up. This team is dogshit and it’s coaching.

anyone blaming the players is stupid as fuck and doesn’t know jack shit about football. The offensive line is not playing well enough to have the best running back in the country by far to have the ball fed to him. That’s how bad this team is. You can’t give Bijan the ball 35 times because that isn’t even 100 yards. He couldn’t get anything going. It was a major issue, couple that with the defense not being able to tackle to save their lives on first contact and poof you have the reason why this game was lost. 

it’s not fucking rocket science. This team can’t block and tackle. If you can’t block and tackle it doesn’t make a shit how good you can run throw or catch. 

• Hook 'Em 4

10 minutes ago, Hank Kingsley said:

I agree that our coaching staff struggles with adjustments, but the players simply aren't executing in the 2nd half. The team's psyche during a game is extremely fragile. That's on the players. Coaches can't make plays. 

The team psyche seems to me to be exactly what coaches are for.

Executing poorly one game or another I get, but repeated failures to execute without change in the exact same situation?  That seems like a coaching issue. 

4 minutes ago, immamac said:

Those turds won more fucking games than this every season. Shut the fuck up. This team is dogshit and it’s coaching.

anyone blaming the players is stupid as fuck and doesn’t know jack shit about football. The offensive line is not playing well enough to have the best running back in the country by far to have the ball fed to him. That’s how bad this team is. You can’t give Bijan the ball 35 times because that isn’t even 100 yards. He couldn’t get anything going. It was a major issue, couple that with the defense not being able to tackle to save their lives on first contact and poof you have the reason why this game was lost. 

it’s not fucking rocket science. This team can’t block and tackle. If you can’t block and tackle it doesn’t make a shit how good you can run throw or catch. 

See the source image

1 minute ago, immamac said:

anyone blaming the players is stupid as fuck and doesn’t know jack shit about football. The offensive line is not playing well enough to have the best running back in the country by far to have the ball fed to him.

What is the offensive line made up of, coaches?

Obviously it takes coaches and players.

4 minutes ago, Liquor and Poker said:

The team psyche seems to me to be exactly what coaches are for.

Yes, coaches are obviously doing a terrible job of getting these guys minds' right in terms of holding up in the 2nd half.

But team psyche isn't just about coaches, it's also about veteran leadership among the players. Which, apparently, we do not have.

Just now, bad_teammate said:

What is the offensive line made up of, coaches?

Obviously it takes coaches and players.

Yes, coaches are obviously doing a terrible job of getting these guys minds' right in terms of holding up in the 2nd half.

But team psyche isn't just about coaches, it's also about veteran leadership among the players. Which, apparently, we do not have.

Dude the problem isn’t that our guys can’t block their guys. If you want to run the ball, fucking run the ball. Stop even trying to RPO. Stack the fucking box, I formation. Win your block. Create a small lane. Let your special fucking player go. Follow him up with the battering ram in RoJo then follow that up with a little more from The best fucking running back in the country. 

block the guy in front of you. Cover the edges, send a lead blocker or 2 in front of him if the lb are trouble. It’s not fucking genius shit. It’s football. 

• Hook 'Em 1

the players get the leads and then our coaches are out coached at halftime every fucking game.  its the coaches.

The players aren’t being out executed? The coaches get no credit for scheming up the scores?

I saw a lot of encouraging things, but ultimately both the coaches and players need to learn how to win.
  • Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, immamac said:

You shouldn't post while you are on the rag - you get all emotional and don't make sense. You say the issue is coaching, but most of your examples are lack of player execution.

The players were in position to make the tackle, but didn't. That is not bad coaching. That is bad execution, which is on the players. The coaches put the players in position to succeed, the players have to make the play. If your players can't do it - time to get new players.

If you can't understand that, let your vagina dry out and then try another go.

Edited by redswingline
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3
  • Fuck You 1

12 minutes ago, chase25 said:

Did Sark drop the deep ball to Marcus Washington? Did Sark fumble the ball in FG range in the 2nd quarter costing the team at least 3 points? Did Sark drop a TD in the corner of the endzone? Did Sark miss the deep corner to the pylon to Xavier Worthy?

It’s a cluster fuck of everything. Not great coaching for stretches, shitty play by the players for stretches. Joshua Moore comes out looking great and then shits all over himself for the rest of the game. Until you start benching players for poor performance regardless of the capability of their backup, nothing will change. Right now Joshua Moore (and I know Whittington got hurt) knows he doesn’t have to play good, he just has to be better than Kai Money. You can go position by position and say the same thing across the board. Until you set a standard that you have to play your ass off every play and play to a standard, not simply be better than your replacement to play, then you will see change. Kai Money has very little athletic ability, he’s small, almost no chance for a home run play, but I know one thing, he’ll appreciate the opportunity to go out there and play and give you everything he has. 

The program has an apathetic culture that has a vice grip around it. Coaches change, players change, administrations change (for the most part), yet one thing stays the same. The mentality that if you get your degree from Texas you are a winner. I can tell you that the 12 other teams we play every year couldn’t give a fuck about that.

I've seen enough to know it is the coaches but good news is I think he isn't Charlie bad.  just Herman bad(on field coaching) or slightly worse.  Culture is an excuse for bad coaching...and coaching involves things other than what goes on, on the field.

1 minute ago, redswingline said:

You shouldn't post while you are on the rag - you get all emotional and don't make sense. You say the issue is coaching, but most of your examples are lack of player execution.

The players were in position to make the tackle, but didn't. That is not bad coaching. That is bad execution, which is on the players. The coaches put the players in position to succeed, the players have to make the play. If your players can't do it - time to get new players.

Are you watching the same fucking game the rest of us are? 

• Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, Atticus said:

The players aren’t being out executed? The coaches get no credit for scheming up the scores?

I saw a lot of encouraging things, but ultimately both the coaches and players need to learn how to win.

Sark needs to learn how to win?  well that's um, not good news..

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

41 minutes ago, Wulaw Horn said:

This is year one. Charlie strings high water mark was year 1 where he went 6-7 and then missed a bowl 2 years in a row after that. 
This is not me stanning for sark in any way. I’m telling you- Charlie was mind meltingly bad. 

Sark still has a chance to equal Strong’s record in year 1. 

31 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

No it isn’t. Thats one the dumbest things I’ve ever heard.

If you’re allowing your 21 year old punter to make 4th down decisions that’s a coaching problem. 

You're right, it was a called RPO for Dicker. Pass would have been to RJ, but Dicker panicked and took off early. You can see Roschon's frustration .

Edited by Hank Kingsley

Just now, Atticus said:

They hired him because of his potential as a HC, not because of what he’s done as a HC thus far

that's funny they could have just looked at his HC record to see his potential...maybe the committee forgot.  I can understand as it is buried deep on dark web.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, redswingline said:

That IS bad coaching when it’s 3 FUCKING GAMES IN A ROW

there is no way that this game plan wins with these players. I would understand if it was like a key play missed block or a key play dropped pass circus catch or a tough tackle that just got broken or a missed read once on a key 3rd down. It’s EVERY FUCKING PLAY OF THE GAME. the exception is when they do execute it’s impossible to stop or contain them. 

we have coaches planning for good to great execution instead of coaches planning for trash to maybe execution. Learn the fucking game before you just talk shit. 

1 minute ago, dcar00 said:

that's funny they could have just looked at his HC record to see his potential...maybe the committee forgot.  I can understand as it is buried deep on dark web.

75 games isn’t a large enough sample. 

Edited by lilMAC25
  • Haha 4

1 minute ago, Hank Kingsley said:

You're right, it was a called RPO for Dicker. Pass would have been to RJ, but Dicker panicked and took off early. You can see Roschon's frustration .

So a terrible decision by the coaches is then amplified by players who are unprepared to execute that coaches decision. Sounds like a coaching problem 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, Hank Kingsley said:

we'd have had a lineman downfield if he throws it.  why do we keep thinking Dicker can make decisions like QB on fake punts?  this was just an awful call.  if Sark/Banks don't take off the fake there I don't know what to say.  Its 4th an fucking 12.

• Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, dcar00 said:

we'd have had a lineman downfield if he throws it.  why do we keep thinking Dicker can make decisions like QB on fake punts?  this was just an awful call.  if Sark/Banks don't take off the fake there I don't know what to say.  Its 4th an fucking 12.

With 9 minutes to go and you're only down 3. Just mind numbingly stupid to go for it there, much less leave it up to Dicker to execute. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, mdmost said:

With 9 minutes to go and you're only down 3. Just mind numbingly stupid to go for it there, much less leave it up to Dicker to execute. 

to be fair, its probably the only way 7 win(6 win?) Steve thought he would win the game... 

2 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Its also pretty damning on PK.  you run that because you don't think your D can get a stop pinning them back in a 3 point game?

• Hook 'Em 1

On 10/16/2021 at 3:57 PM, Blotto said:

I don't know if its because our conditioning program is crap, or if our players are soft as baby shit, or if our coaches are mentally handicapped, or a combo of all those things. But a lack of talent doesn't excuse blowing two late leads in the fashion that we did. 

What's scary, the problems here are probably all of the above, including mentally handicapped coaches..

Just now, Helobious said:

The “Roschon was open” myth officially debunked. Baylor had everyone covered and even had a spy on the punter. That’s just one coach dragging his nuts over another coach.

I wouldn't be shocked if Aranda had seen something on film from Sark or Banks and gave a look that would cause the fake.  that said, it does look like a called fake from the sideline.  not a Dicker option to fake.

Sounds like something Jerry Jones would do. 

Herman had to go for a number of reasons. The more we move away from the early 2000s, the worse this job becomes. The next VY out there probably isn’t coming to Texas right now even if he’s a legacy.

What proven guy could we have hired? Sark was perceived to have brought UW from the dead, and won 9 games with SC in year 1. Career derailed by the bottle, but he overcame the adversity and became more grounded.

We are giving him a chance. It’s off to a shitty start and it sucks to watch, but he’s motivated to get it done and he’s shown decent signs. We will see whether he can or not next year. He’s out of goodwill after this year
  • Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, immamac said:

there is no way that this game plan wins with these players. I would understand if it was like a key play missed block or a key play dropped pass circus catch or a tough tackle that just got broken or a missed read once on a key 3rd down. It’s EVERY FUCKING PLAY OF THE GAME. the exception is when they do execute it’s impossible to stop or contain them. 

we have coaches planning for good to great execution instead of coaches planning for trash to maybe execution. Learn the fucking game before you just talk shit. 

Why would they plan for trash to maybe execution?

Let me know if you need a hint.

1 minute ago, Atticus said:

They hired him because of his potential as a HC, not because of what he’s done as a HC thus far

Maybe they fucked up. Without Pete and Nick's fancy sports cars, he's decidedly average. This team is soft as baby shit and poorly coached. I don't give a fuck how well he calls plays, thats what an offensive coordinator does. He's getting the big boy head coaching money, and his team is fucking underperforming, most noticeably  in the 4th Qtr. Talent could be better, but its not the biggest problem.

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Atticus said:

Herman had to go for a number of reasons. The more we move away from the early 2000s, the worse this job becomes. The next VY out there probably isn’t coming to Texas right now even if he’s a legacy.

What proven guy could we have hired? Sark was perceived to have brought UW from the dead, and won 9 games with SC in year 1. Career derailed by the bottle, but he overcame the adversity and became more grounded.

We are giving him a chance. It’s off to a shitty start and it sucks to watch, but he’s motivated to get it done and he’s shown decent signs. We will see whether he can or not next year. He’s out of goodwill after this year

Curious. What are these “decent signs”?

Just woke up from post game nap. That was nice! Game Day reset! I suggest everyone try it. That part of the day is over and behind me. We got some decent games on tonite! I wish I could solve the fact that UT sucks at football:  but since Belmont won’t give me a damn dime to keep watching this shit  they can go sit in the empty end zone the last two home games and be shown on the jumbo screen so we in attendance can all let them know how we feel. 

20 minutes ago, immamac said:

You just did it again.

Just now, TwiceHorn said:

You just did it again.

Did what? Alluded to the coaches needing to evaluate the fucking talent on the roster? In the fucking NFL they just cut the fucking shitters and draft new ones or fucking pick people up off waivers. This isn’t the fucking NFL. You play what you got. 

• BurntOrange&White changed the title to Texas Football 2021 In-Season Thread: Can we get a redo?