Texas Governor's Race 2022

atomheartbevo

17 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

Love seeing Huffines out-Q Abbott.  The primary is on March 1st but hopefully no one receives 50% so the GOP craziness continues until late May for the run-off. It's important to keep more than just Abbott and Huffines in the race to create that run-off.

Capture+_2021-12-16-13-52-39-1.png

2 hours ago, Lobo said:

There's another guy named Rick Perry on the ballot?  For Governor?  

apparently so. https://www.texastribune.org/2021/12/13/rick-perry-texas-governor-springtown/

The Republican Party of Texas updated its list of candidate filings Monday — hours before the deadline for the March primary election — to include a Rick Perry running against Gov. Greg Abbott. The party quickly confirmed that it was not Rick Perry, the former governor and U.S. energy secretary. Instead it's Ricky Lynn Perry, a man from Springtown, a town in Parker County northwest of Fort Worth. On the form, the man listed "Rick Perry" as the version of his name that he wants to appear on the ballot.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Serak The Preparer said:

Thank you for continuing to validate my hypothesis that anyone who uses "cuck", "beta", or "soy boy" in a disparaging manner is a fucking moron of the highest order.

When people use the terms "cuck", "beta", or "soy boy", I assume that they are one of those three groups, and usually they prove me right.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Hey Don, kids aren't in school at 4pm-8pm.

You have to remember, Don is on moistened-troll forest time.  They're four hours behind and four inches inside.

On 12/18/2021 at 2:16 PM, Biff Tannen said:

We need to @ gruhorn on this. What’s his new sock?

On 12/18/2021 at 2:17 PM, JimmyJames said:

Satoshi I think. Although haven’t seen him around much lately. He’s probably brewing up a new one. 

Satoshi got crowd banned. Pretty sure he's Caponata now - he's sticking to posting vaccine skepticism in the DT threads.

• Like 1

Republicans are playing defense?

cheryl-cole-okay.gif

And you can tell Donnie has not had kids in school in a long time, or was never involved while his kids were at school (or they went to a private school), but there is a moment of silence everyday where kids can pray, plan their next Minecraft session, whatever.

But sure, let's get some official prayer all up in this bitch, because the largest group in Texas is Catholic, and I'm sure all us non-Catholics would love to see how that plays out.

Cut the chains of government?

I’m amazed that a little authoritarian dictator is crowing about cutting the chains of government. He’s too stupid to see that means abortion is no longer illegal, which is one of his loudest talking points.

You don’t understand the code speak of fascists. Dead serious. Their core belief system is that “the other” should be subject to laws that bind them but do not protect them, and the ruling caste (white Texan “patriots”) should be subject to laws that protect them but do not bind them.

That’s what this means - enough of laws that bind Patriots. Laws should only bind and restrict “the other.”
  • Like 5
  • Rage+1 1

You don’t understand the code speak of fascists. Dead serious. Their core belief system is that “the other” should be subject to laws that bind them but do not protect them, and the ruling caste (white Texan “patriots”) should be subject to laws that protect them but do not bind them.

That’s what this means - enough of laws that bind Patriots. Laws should only bind and restrict “the other.”

Unfortunately, I do get the code speak. I really wish I didn’t. I really wish he was fucking stupid instead of a fascist.

Unfortunately, I do get the code speak. I really wish I didn’t. I really wish he was fucking stupid instead of a fascist.

Well, then for those of us who not "get the code speak"...what the fuck is "The Mutilation of Kids" mean?  He covers abortion in the first bullet point, and I get the indoctrination comment---he could have said CRT and probably whistled more dogs, but I get it.  But what does "mutilation of kids" code for?  

Well, then for those of us who not "get the code speak"...what the fuck is "The Mutilation of Kids" mean?  He covers abortion in the first bullet point, and I get the indoctrination comment---he could have said CRT and probably whistled more dogs, but I get it.  But what does "mutilation of kids" code for?  

Transgender.
  • Rage+1 1

Transgender.

Good lord people, I go play with the kids for 10 minutes and I come back to 10 notifications thinking, "Oh my, what did Pilot's Error mass-neg this time?"  

Was just Tigol needing 10 posts to talk about removing 2 balls.  Shit, I shoulda known it was something about transgender.  Seemed like for awhile that Huffines was leaving that topic alone for Dan Patrick to still run on.  My bad for not picking up on the code.  I get paid to think of the weird/negative intention/likely outcome for a living, and I missed this one.  I'm losing my demented edge in middle age. 

I type it a lot on here but I'm really starting to mean it, "A lack of imagination.  That was my prize mistake."  I used to be absolutely brilliant at putting myself in the twisted mind of a portfolio operator, or limited partner investor, or regulator, or political candidate, et. al.  And now...I just stare blankly at them like "I dunno anymore.  But I bet what you want/need is something really fucked up.  I'm just gonna wait over here and hope you don't kill me."