Steve Sarkisian rolled over

lilMAC25

4 minutes ago, formermav43 said:

THAT was embarrassing?

That was irrelevant. And THAT was embarrassing.

Giving up is embarrassing.

5 minutes ago, PatrickMcHorn said:

You're fucking tarded to use that as your reason for why Sark is tarded.

What if I told you that it was A reason, and not THE reason?

9 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

We hired a mediocre coach. This is what we paid for. 

Yep. It was a bad hire at the time that we made because we decided Herman was too much of a prick. My immediate reaction was awful hire but I allowed myself to get sucked into it over the last 8 months. Jokes on me as a UT fan. Again.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

The linemen and backers got physically worn down.  Not a surprise, the past regime built the roster to compete against the B12 offense and this staff wants to play like the roster is up to par with defending a blocking oriented play style.  Get over the QBs, Casey wouldn't have won the game for us.  The defensive roster got worked and we never have a shot winning vs 350 rushing yards

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, squeegeedegg said:

The linemen and backers got physically worn down.  Not a surprise, the past regime built the roster to compete against the B12 offense and this staff wants to play like the roster is up to par with defending a blocking oriented play style.  Get over the QBs, Casey wouldn't have won the game for us.  The defensive roster got worked and we never have a shot winning vs 350 rushing yards

You’re probably right BUT maybe if our starting QB passes for more than 60 yards we could’ve put a little pressure on them to pass the ball a little more.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Rage+1 1

19 minutes ago, lilMAC25 said:

and pissed himself like a scared dog late in the 4th. Texas had the ball at the 1 with around 5 min left and it took us over 2 min to run 3 plays.

I sincerely hope that is not indicative of what to expect during his tenure, because it’s embarrassing.

It became a 4 TD game with 10 minutes left in the 4th.  What he did with 5 mins left didn't make a shit.  What he did the week leading up to this was the fucking issue.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, squeegeedegg said:

Arkansas literally runs a B12 offense. It's the Briles Baylor offense. It's the offense we ran under Strong... sorta  

• Rage+1 1

1 minute ago, ChemicalHorn said:

You’re probably right BUT maybe if our starting QB passes for more than 60 yards we could’ve put a little pressure on them to pass the ball a little more.

What I'm trying to say is the coaches didn't roll over, they just learned the hard way what their own team is made of, seeing them against a confident opponent that saw what we did against Ulala and attacked the way we gave up yards on the ground vs a midmajor.  The problems start when coaches react to hardships poorly and the team never recovers the rest of the season.  Tune in next week

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, squeegeedegg said:

What I'm trying to say is the coaches didn't roll over, they just learned the hard way what their own team is made of, seeing them against a confident opponent that saw what we did against Ulala and attacked the way we gave up yards on the ground vs a midmajor.  The problems start when coaches react to hardships poorly and the team never recovers the rest of the season.  Tune in next week

They did roll over. Choosing not to go with a faster tempo to try to get a quick score is absolutely baring your throat and asking for mercy.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 1

13 minutes ago, squeegeedegg said:

With Casey at qb we likely convert a few more first downs and eat clock and give the D some time to rest.  Doesn’t mean we win, but it wouldn’t have been this ugly. 

• Hook 'Em 4

19 minutes ago, Edwards Limestone said:

At best, Sark is a fucking moron for starting Card over Thompson. At worst, he’s possibly the worst Texas head coach in history. 

He’s not fit to be the Texas coach, just fire his ass. Charlie Strong, electric boogaloo, offensive edition.

I'm not ready to go that far. But it will be revisited if shits not fixed soon

1 minute ago, squeegeedegg said:

So we score quickly with Casey if he connects those deep shots.  Congrats we're still getting worked on the ground.  And that's probably the last deep shot look we'll get

The defense was on the field all night long any TD in the first half makes a difference. Offense shut the bed tonight simple as that. Defense did too 

Though we weren’t perfect by any means last week, we had a decent gameplan and execution that led to an easy win. This week, it seemed like we threw all of it out the window. I just don’t get it. What am I missing? Why would we completely change up things that worked, play into their hands, etc.? That’s not even mentioning areas like the OL and DL that regressed or stayed the same week-over-week. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Beau Vine said:

I watched all of Sark's games at Washington, so my only surprise is that he shit his pants so quickly. His teams usually waited till mid-season to get blown out by a mediocre team.

He'll still be a better bet to beat OU than Charlie or Mensa.

Doubtful. Herman’s teams never lubed up their assholes for the other team

7 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

The defense was on the field all night long any TD in the first half makes a difference. Offense shut the bed tonight simple as that. Defense did too 

The defense never shut down the run, from beginning to end, despite trying to.  That's a recipe for a loss all day every day.  I'm angry at the offense too, specifically the O line and receivers, but I've always been pessimistic about where we were gonna be offensively this year anyway.  Bitching about which QB to play when they've both been neck and neck all camp is asinine seeing where we really lost this game.  We want to play and defend in space.  Arky made this game about constant impact, hard and constant whether on the attack or on the defense.  We didn't have the makeup for this type of game and the coaches just found that out.  If we keep butting our heads against the wall for the rest of the season I'll get on the Sark sucks train but not right now after seeing tonight

Edited by squeegeedegg
Clarity
  • Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1