School Shooting in Arlington?

atomheartbevo

2 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

So what if he left and came back with the gun?

BTW I don't think the shooter is the same kid.

If he left the fight, and then re-started it, no self defense.

And I don't think we know shit about what started it, what happened yet, etc. -- I don't trust Twitter videos to even be of the event/location they are supposedly talking about.  Let the dust settle to see what's real/bullshit.

• Hook 'Em 3

10 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

It was rhetorical, and I don't argue with your take.  Deadly force is an acceptable response to the threat of death or serious bodily injury.  It's an exception when you START the fight, of course, but generally, you get to use deadly force to defend yourself.  I'm just going to be curious if the usual proponents of that position will remain consistent in these circumstances.

I'm curious what the law says about the right to self defense with a gun if you are in violation of gun laws for the gun in question (age, school property, etc...). Do you get rung up on just the gun violations but not the actual shooting? 

1 minute ago, Blotto said:

I'm curious what the law says about the right to self defense with a gun if you are in violation of gun laws for the gun in question (age, school property, etc...). Do you get rung up on just the gun violations but not the actual shooting? 

I suspect your last question is the case, but I honestly don't know.

37 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

And we have been told, in no uncertain terms, that someone beating you is 100% justification for shooting them.  I presume that the same folks will be consistent if that turns out to be the case here.  Right?

Why don't you spit it out instead of dancing around? And what about (if true) the other three shooting victims of your pal?

• Fuck You 1

No gun laws were broken.  Wheelie passed a law that you can carry firearms without a permit or training.  If the shooter was the victim in the fight and he is indeed 18, it looks like he defended himself so he should walk.    Of course he won't since he's black.

• Fuck You 10

4 minutes ago, Jambon said:

No gun laws were broken.  Wheelie passed a law that you can carry firearms without a permit or training.  If the shooter was the victim in the fight and he is indeed 18, it looks like he defended himself so he should walk.    Of course he won't since he's black.

I thought there were still places, even with the new carry free-for-all, where you couldn't carry no matter what (bars, schools, hospitals, etc.)? 

Just now, Jambon said:

The new law — set to go into effect Sept. 1 — will allow anyone 21 years or older to carry a handgun in public without need for a permit or training as long as they aren’t otherwise prohibited from owning a firearm by law, such as people with felony or domestic violence convictions.

The law didnt change the ban of carrying guns on school campuses either. Thats two laws broken right there....may be others.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Jambon said:

Have a neg - dumbass. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

The suspect of today's school shooting, 18-year-old Timothy Simpkins, is now in custody, Arlington Police Department Assistant Police Chief Kevin Kolbye said at a news conference.

"He is currently in the police station at Ott Cribbs in Arlington, Texas. And detectives are talking to him at this point in time," Kolbye said.

Kolbye said that the suspect will be charged with three counts of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.

He also provided an update on the victims of the shooting. He said that one victim, a male student, had surgery and is out. "That is great news," Kolbye said. 

He said that another victim, an adult male, is not in surgery but is in a "good position." Kolbye said that a third victim who was injured is expected to be released soon. 

"So two will remain in the hospital, which continue to make hopefully a speedy recovery," he said. 

Still early yet, I'm sure more charges incoming.

57 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

And we have been told, in no uncertain terms, that someone beating you is 100% justification for shooting them.  I presume that the same folks will be consistent if that turns out to be the case here.  Right?

You're better than that.

But at least we don't have to hear the meanderings and soliloquy of 'dangerous angry white man' this time.  

Ooops.  I'm better than that.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 3

Folks who say these things likely know that they are wrong. They just want to be cute.
  • Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, Helobious said:

This kid was 18 and (possibly) defending himself in a fight. What’s the problem? He broke those “gun free zone” laws y’all ridicule so much? 

You are right, would have been better all around if he simply stabbed his attacker instead. 

Maybe it was gang related like Austin 6th street shooting. We don’t know shit. 

Edited by ChickenSandwich

1 minute ago, ztejas said:

Seems like the kid that beat the shit out of him in class should have charges pressed against him too. If the shooter is the kid getting beat up.

Going to be some interesting lawsuits - especially with no one dying (so far).

Do we know the fight video posted is legit?  Some of the comments claim it’s an older Reddit video 

1 minute ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Do we know the fight video posted is legit?  Some of the comments claim it’s an older Reddit video 

No - hence why I said if it's even the same kid. 

If the vid is unrelated might be more straightforward. 

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, ChickenSandwich said:

Some folks on the news were talking about a fight video earlier as it was sent to a parent that was on the seen from their kid that was holed up inside the school .   

Not sure if this was the video being discussed.  The Police spokesperson also discussed it in his initial address.   

Edited by Trey3216

1 minute ago, Handcruser said:

BrisketTexas shitting all over this thread with his questions and hot takes.

Yes, when being beaten and you didn’t start it you’re allowed to shoot in self defense.

Schools are still gun free zones, so you can’t carry there.

If the kid left the fight, then returned, he is now the aggressor. And he’s at fault.

This isnt remotely the same argument as being of age, or licensed, and carrying a firearm in public where allowed and drawing it to defend yourself when someone starts kicking your ass.

Just stop.

I, too, thought this was fairly straightforward. 

7 minutes ago, Handcruser said:

BrisketTexas shitting all over this thread with his questions and hot takes.

Yes, when being beaten and you didn’t start it you’re allowed to shoot in self defense.

Schools are still gun free zones, so you can’t carry there.

If the kid left the fight, then returned, he is now the aggressor. And he’s at fault.

This isnt remotely the same argument as being of age, or licensed, and carrying a firearm in public where allowed and drawing it to defend yourself when someone starts kicking your ass.

Just stop.

Don't forget this...

spacer.png

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, Jambon said:

see GIF

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

I don't see anything wrong with  shooting the first guy, now him running off and shooting others is where he is the aggressor and should get the full wieght of the law. I mean if anyone went and helped then could have been all stopped.

4 minutes ago, workswithseed said:

I don't see anything wrong with  shooting the first guy, now him running off and shooting others is where he is the aggressor and should get the full wieght of the law. I mean if anyone went and helped then could have been all stopped.

He brought a gun into a HS.  I see a problem with that.  

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

"Don't bring your gun into town, son. Leave your gun at home." Seems to be the smarter play, but he didn't heed those words, and if it was during the attack I don't see anything wrong with defending yourself. Obviously that's also my opinion, and like assholes everyone is one. 

Edited by workswithseed
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Trey3216 said:

I imagine they didn’t magically start hating each other out of nowhere today. If the kid can prove his enemy had threatened him prior and that he felt unsafe at school that’s a legit self defense claim, provided that he wasn’t the aggressor. Also may be in trouble for hitting the 2 other people, depending on how they got shot.