Well, bye, Jon Gruden

Deej

Just now, Deej said:

As a player, how can you believe he isn't saying shit like that about you?

Gruden and his players spoke in the wake of the Raiders' 20-9 loss to the Chicago Bears at Allegiant Stadium, Las Vegas' second straight lackluster defeat after opening 3-0.

"I've been around this guy for three years now; I've never felt a certain type of way about him," Raiders running back Josh Jacobs said of Gruden, who drafted him in the first round out of Alabama in 2019.

"He's never rubbed me a certain way, that type of way. I mean, what he said is what he said at the end of the day too. But I mean, I definitely trust him. I mean, it was 10 years ago. People grow."

Gruden addressed the players in a Friday morning meeting, letting them know that an article was coming out in The Wall Street Journal reporting that he, then working for ESPN as the lead analyst on Monday Night Football, had emailed then-Washington Football Team president Bruce Allen and said NFL Players Association president DeMaurice Smith, who is Black, had "lips the size of michellin tires" in 2011. Gruden also made a vulgar comment about NFL commissioner Roger Goodell.

Raiders linebacker Denzel Perryman, who joined the Raiders in a Sept. 1 trade with the Carolina Panthers, said Sunday, "I let it go as soon as we walked out of the meeting room. I wasn't focused on that. Still not focused on it. So, I mean, I don't know what he said. I could care less, honestly. I don't know how many years ago it was, but my main focus this week was on the Bears, not whatever he had going on."

Asked specifically about how Black players on the team were feeling, defensive end Yannick Ngakoue, who signed with the Raiders as a free agent this spring, said, "No comment on that."

Jacobs was asked whether this situation could cause Gruden to lose the locker room.

"I don't think so," Jacobs said. "All the guys, we all kind of talked about how we felt about it and how [Gruden] treats the players. He's a players' coach. So, everybody was kind of like ... just overanalyzing it. I don't think it's going to affect it, because our guys, we're led by each other.

I don't really give a shit, as I think the Raiders should go the fuck back to Oakland. But, some of you should stop and get get your facts together before putting your personal feelings in this.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Brothahorn said:

I don't really give a shit, as I think the Raiders should go the fuck back to Oakland. But, some of you should stop and get get your facts together before putting your personal feelings in this.

So he’s resigning but we need to get out facts together? 

Opening with “I don’t give a shit” followed by your opinion and telling everyone else how to feel means you do give a shit. It’s ok to just admit it. 

Edited by Js1
  • Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

If anyone here thinks there's nothing wrong with Gruden's, "Dumboriss Smith has lips the size of Michellin tires" comment, you may be part of the problem. 

Aside from the debatable appropriateness of his emails, the fact that he is so clueless to have put all these thoughts into emails indicates that he is not qualified to be associated with the NFL at any level.

Edited by TreatyOak
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Opening with “I don’t give a shit” followed by your opinion and telling everyone else how to feel means you do give a shit. It’s ok to just admit it. 

Also quoting 4 different things lol

5 minutes ago, Js1 said:

Just because twitter says he is resigning doesn't mean it's true. Let's wait for something official. If he does, he does.

You're right. I do care. I care about how silly it is to project personal feelings into a story that has nothing to do with you. Which is why I quoted what I did.

I guess since Shefter announced it, it's official. Doesn't change what I said, though.

Edited by Brothahorn
  • Like 1

If anyone here thinks there's nothing wrong with Gruden's, "Dumboriss Smith has lips the size of michellin tires" comment, you may be part of the problem. 
I don't have a problem with him being disciplined or fired over his comments. What I have a problem with is that it took 10 years to do something about it. Whomever at the NFL saw these emails and didn't think any discipline needed to happen and allowed him to be associated with the NFL thru MNF and then as a coach - well they should burn too.
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

Just because twitter says he is resigning doesn't mean it's true. Let's wait for something official. If he does, he does.
You're right. I do care. I care about how silly it is to project personal feelings into a story that has nothing to do with you. Which is why I quoted what I did.
I guess since Shefter announced it, it's official. Doesn't change what I said, though.
It's all over CBS and ESPN. He gone.

1 minute ago, Chad said:

Does this mean all the heat is back on Dave Chappelle?

What Gruden did is unprofessional and insulting. Meanwhile, Chappelle is a comedian. His fucking job is to make fun of shit. And when shit gets real, you can tell how serious he is when he’s addressing an issue. Drives me nuts these fuckers going after comedians. Their job is to make uncomfortable shit funny. Ok whatever. 

Watching Gruden crash and burn is awesome. He’s so fucking annoying and is not the savior coach many have claimed 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Modessit said:
9 minutes ago, TreatyOak said:
If anyone here thinks there's nothing wrong with Gruden's, "Dumboriss Smith has lips the size of michellin tires" comment, you may be part of the problem. 

I don't have a problem with him being disciplined or fired over his comments. What I have a problem with is that it took 10 years to do something about it. Whomever at the NFL saw these emails and didn't think any discipline needed to happen and allowed him to be associated with the NFL thru MNF and then as a coach - will they should burn too.

This. How many people at the NFL and ESPN were aware of this and did nothing?

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Modessit said:

I don't have a problem with him being disciplined or fired over his comments. What I have a problem with is that it took 10 years to do something about it. Whomever at the NFL saw these emails and didn't think any discipline needed to happen and allowed him to be associated with the NFL thru MNF and then as a coach - well they should burn too.

Goodell didn't care until he got to the part where Gruden called him a faggot?

Who knows. But gruden had to be lookin all like this today, knowing the league was looking over all the shit tastic e-mails he sent everyone:

Key And Peele Reaction GIF

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, SarkAfterDark said:

I am certainly SHOCKED, shocked I tell you that Brotherhorn is in here defending Gruden.

I not SHOCKED all that you can't spell my handle correctly or suck at reading comprehension. 

Responding to post about how the players can't trust him, with quotes from the players saying they did not have problem with him, is defending Gruden? Typical surly shit post.

• Hook 'Em 2

5 minutes ago, Pam Cummings said:

Goodell didn't care until he got to the part where Gruden called him a faggot?

Who knows. But gruden had to be lookin all like this today, knowing the league was looking over all the shit tastic e-mails he sent everyone:

Key And Peele Reaction GIF

While that’s funny and all, do you think an arrogant prick who uses his work email to bash every minority in America is worried about anything? Ever? He made a metric fuck ton of money off the nfl. It’s so embarrassing that these guys get so wealthy off a child’s game while most of them are probably pieces of human feces. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

• Deej changed the title to Well, bye, Jon Gruden