Well, bye, Jon Gruden

Deej

Just now, Fastbreak said:

Some of you guys will be surprised in a few years when you are fired for shit you said on shaggy 8 years ago. 

I don't care.  I'll give a purple heart to the sad motherfucker that has the job of digging up whatever from that scat infested shithole site.  

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

Tony Dungy and Mike Tirico feeling pretty dumb right now
If you read the book detailing the rise of ESPN ("Those Guys Have All the Fun") you'll discover that Tirico was the most disgusting, slimeball of them all. He's the reason they had to start a real HR department. He was famous for making every female employee uncomfortable, trying to corner them in the tape vaults, getting drunk at office parties & following women to their cars, etc. Of course, Chris Berman claims that it was both just "boys being boys" while also saying that the guys loved the women like their "little sisters" and they'd pull aside Tirico and other assholes and "straighten them out."

Back to Gruden. Fuck him.
  • Rage+1 3

22 minutes ago, ChiTownDoc said:

I think he quit so he wouldn't have to do a presser.  He will release some bullshit statement.  I'll have to save my popcorn for their clown ass owner taking questions from the press...for max lulz I hope ESPN asks the hardest hitting questions.

I fully expect espn to have just about everyone who has worked with him on tomorrow distancing themselves and fake virtue signaling. 

1 minute ago, GhostOfTomJoad said:

If you read the book detailing the rise of ESPN ("Those Guys Have All the Fun") you'll discover that Tirico was the most disgusting, slimeball of them all. He's the reason they had to start a real HR department. He was famous for making every female employee uncomfortable, trying to corner them in the tape vaults, getting drunk at office parties & following women to their cars, etc. Of course, Chris Berman claims that it was both just "boys being boys" while also saying that the guys loved the women like their "little sisters" and they'd pull aside Tirico and other assholes and "straighten them out."

Old Freak Nasty?

"But his players kind of stood up for him." -Brothahorn 

I’ve hated Tirico since reading that book. If he’s the next one taken down for past behavior it’ll be great. 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Brothahorn said:

I not SHOCKED all that you can't spell my handle correctly or suck at reading comprehension. 

Responding to post about how the players can't trust him, with quotes from the players saying they did not have problem with him, is defending Gruden? Typical surly shit post.

Quoting players who are (understandably) being careful about what they say about their boss who has (had) a 100 million dollar contract isn't exactly a ringing endorsement.  I could pull quotes from Keyshawn Johnson and other players whose jobs are no longer under his control who might have differing opinions. 

25 minutes ago, Catdaddyhorn said:

Quoting players who are (understandably) being careful about what they say about their boss who has (had) a 100 million dollar contract isn't exactly a ringing endorsement.  I could pull quotes from Keyshawn Johnson and other players whose jobs are no longer under his control who might have differing opinions. 

At this time the players have all the leverage in situations like this. If Josh Jacobs and other black players come out and say they don't want to play for a racist, that is going to carry some serious weight. They probably lose more by backing him than calling him out. 

Edited by Brothahorn

No one outside of Gruden and who he sent the emails to knew what he said until the WFT sexual assualt investigation. No one has been sitting on them for 10 years
So - 10 years ago (when Obama was President) whomever received those racist emails didn't think there was anything wrong with it - and that's okay? But all of a sudden 10 years later it's a big deal what Gruden said but not the non-reaction of who he said it to? That should be just as important.

If you send a bunch of bigoted emails to a company, and then later that company hires you (or allows you to be hired to a position related to business with that company), I don't see how they can claim 10 years later that you should be fired for your behavior without admitting some culpability.

• Deej changed the title to Well, bye, Jon Gruden