Well, bye, Jon Gruden

Deej

10 minutes ago, Texvet16 said:

I’m just gonna leave this here for this little bitch and the rest of you sensitive little snowflake bitches out there who got your feelings hurt by the ignorant words of a football coach; this will be the last time I respond because quite frankly it gets tiresome reading the ninth grade level grammar of some of you dimwits. 

Are you really that sensitive that those words really hurt your feelings? Some of you seem so triggered by these words, but yet , how many of you actually read what Gruden sent in those emails? I doubt many of you did , you’re probably wanting to be outraged for the sake of outrage itself and all the emotional stages of victim hood it will bring you, culminating in some form of vindication through virtue signaling; which most of you are very good at. 

There should be a safe space where you assholes can huddle together and take solace. Compare your groupthink notes and gauged earrings; all while spouting the virtues of being good little victim-whores. Quite frankly, your much too ignorant to converse with, so carry on with your fragile emotional state and continue being outraged little snowflakes. The world is going to gobble you up(metaphorically speaking morons).

unimpressed michael keaton GIF

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Texvet16 said:

I’m just gonna leave this here for this little bitch and the rest of you sensitive little snowflake bitches out there who got your feelings hurt by the ignorant words of a football coach; this will be the last time I respond because quite frankly it gets tiresome reading the ninth grade level grammar of some of you dimwits. 

Are you really that sensitive that those words really hurt your feelings? Some of you seem so triggered by these words, but yet , how many of you actually read what Gruden sent in those emails? I doubt many of you did , you’re probably wanting to be outraged for the sake of outrage itself and all the emotional stages of victim hood it will bring you, culminating in some form of vindication through virtue signaling; which most of you are very good at. 

There should be a safe space where you assholes can huddle together and take solace. Compare your groupthink notes and gauged earrings; all while spouting the virtues of being good little victim-whores. Quite frankly, your much too ignorant to converse with, so carry on with your fragile emotional state and continue being outraged little snowflakes. The world is going to gobble you up(metaphorically speaking morons).

Alright that’s it. Meet me after 8th period under the bridge cause we’re gonna rumble. 

Spread the word. 

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Js1 said:

Yes, I'm sure that's EXACTLY how it went down.   They were probably looking for a reason at that point. 

Also this is Texas - you can be fired for walking into work in a blue shirt on a Thursday if your boss happens to hate blue that morning. 

That’s how it was explained to me. He is in the midst of a wrongful termination lawsuit because they were inconsistent in how they applied their termination policy (only two on the chat were fired), no prior warning, great performance record, etc. and he is a protected class (old and hispanic).

My post was not to rail against right-to-work state laws or deny the ability of an employer to fire someone. He wasn’t fired for something arbitrary or headcount reduction. It was that he was fired due to not reporting non-PC IMs while being one of the more experienced employees on the thread. The whistleblower could have handled it differently than being out for blood, and HR could have applied some common sense rather than be reactionary due to currently political atmosphere and deciding someone had to be the lamb. 

Yesterday I was all mad I couldn’t get out of dark mode (took an hour of being frustrated before I realized we were all in dark mode lol.) I decided I like it better. After hitting the lightbulb button repeatedly to get out of dark mode…I’m digging it now. Ha! 

This falls along the lines of Florio’s stuff (not as good or as compelling) but same take for the most part. 

From the article: 

“So the NFL wanted Gruden out. But they couldn't straight up suspend him without opening up a Pandora's Box of 165,000 emails, some of which would undoubtedly (just based on the law of averages) make other people look bad. Which is to say, people who are better connected. People the league doesn't want to look bad. So they did what they do best, which is leak the stuff that fits their agenda and keep the bad stuff to themselves. And it worked to perfection. 

Why? What's their beef with Gruden? Call me cynical, but I can't be convinced they read his stuff about Smith and the way he described Michael Sam and were shocked, SHOCKED! that someone in their midst would hold such hatred in his heart, and decided something must be done, for the good of the country. 

However, I have no problem believing that Gruden put his name on the hit list by calling Ginger Satan a “faggot” and a “clueless anti football pussy." That was the unpardonable sin. He committed a felony count of Lèse-majesté, an offense against the dignity of the reigning sovereign. And for that, he had to be destroyed, or else Der Kommisar would appear weak. And we can't have that. “

Edited by Nicole44
  • Like 4

52 minutes ago, Lymanward said:

Courtrooms are littered with the bones of organizations and companies that thought they could do away with a troublesome employee by way of selectively enforcing policy or procedure. California is an at-will employment state but I am sure they have  a good faith caveat or what-not. I’d probably be looking for the quiet settlement between the Raiders, NFL and Gruden sometime down the road. 

There's going to be a settlement because Gruden resigned?

It's not surprising that some aggylite dipshits think this is about political correctness run amok, but they're wrong (as they usually are).  Gruden got fired because he embarrassed the shield and wasn't good enough to get away with it. It's that simple. You can't be a mediocre-to-bad coach and get caught calling the commissioner a derogatory term and expect to keep your job. Jesus, some of you are such sensitive bitches. Yes, guys who are angry, you too will lose your job if you call your boss something similar.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 2

20 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

There's going to be a settlement because Gruden resigned?

‘Resign or else’ can be seen as one and the same as a termination in some states around unfair dealings or lack of good faith., i.e., selective policy enforcement but who the hell knows. I bet this is one really stirs up the hornets nest with plenty of duck and cover.

1 hour ago, Texvet16 said:

Man, there's something incredibly satisfying about getting the completely predictable, batshit crazy, unhinged rant that everyone knew was brewing just below the surface.

What, couldn't find anywhere to squeeze in what an alpha you are?

Go back to your safe space, and brag about how you owned all of us "PC snowflakes." You sure showed us.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Texvet16 said:

Quite frankly, your much too ignorant to converse with, so carry on with your fragile emotional state and continue being outraged little snowflakes.

*you're

Some helpful advice, it's always best to double check your work when you're insulting others' intelligence. Especially in the very sentence where you call them ignorant. Unless the whole thing was a bit, which it kind of seems like considering that it was an emotionally triggered rant that spent most of its breath accusing others of being emotionally triggered.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

It's not surprising that some aggylite dipshits think this is about political correctness run amok, but they're wrong (as they usually are).  Gruden got fired because he embarrassed the shield and wasn't good enough to get away with it. It's that simple. You can't be a mediocre-to-bad coach and get caught calling the commissioner a derogatory term and expect to keep your job. Jesus, some of you are such sensitive bitches. Yes, guys who are angry, you too will lose your job if you call your boss something similar.

He also insulted the players association president with a racist term. He is the players' representative. How can a head coach possibly regain any sort of trust from his players? Even if you want to believe it wasn't racist, it was still an insult. He's the guy who represents the fucking players. The head coach cannot do anything without his players' trust. That was destroyed with the email. It's over guys. 

3 minutes ago, 'stache said:

He also insulted the players association president with a racist term. He is the players' representative. How can a head coach possibly regain any sort of trust from his players? Even if you want to believe it wasn't racist, it was still an insult. He's the guy who represents the fucking players. The head coach cannot do anything without his players' trust. That was destroyed with the email. It's over guys. 

What if this was a ploy by the owners to make sure DSmith stayed on as the NLFPA President?  Word was going around last week that it was fairly apparent he was on extraordinarily thin ice in terms of keeping his job.  He's been highly beneficial to the owners as head of the NFLPA, much moreso than the players.

-Goodell/Owners leak these emails

-DSmith (rightfully so in this instance) is looked upon by the players in a more sympathetic way.

-Goodell/Owners maintain a stranglehold on the Players' Union.

??? Profit  

• Hook 'Em 1

You are so alpha. Your mere presence on this website makes me weak in the knees. Please teach me to be like you.
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

It was also simply horrendous prose. Completely aside from the content, the form of the screed was a beating. You have not, in fact, owned everyone when your post perfectly replicates the ramblings of the drunk at the end of the bar.

hey, fuck you, whaddya got against us drunks?

15 hours ago, Helobious said:

Well he was stupid enough to bring Godell, his “ultimate” boss, into it. He deserves whatever he gets. He’ll make plenty of money anyway now going on barstool & Nelk podcasts, because people are morons.  

This is most likely one of the reasons; although there's always the old stuff surfacing and then a cooling off period and then the offender undergoes some image rehab and right back into it. Hard to say if that will happen here if he's not that well-liked by people. Assholes have a harder time of it but that's as it should be. I think his players were aware enough of him, they're not fifth graders and some may have been fine with his demeanor or couldn't have said anything because he is their 'ultimate' boss as well.

Last year during the plague games of 2020, there was a little tidbit wherein Derek Carr called an audible: "Cindy Gruden Tiger Woods" that was plainly heard due to the lack of crowd noise (no fans). It was noticed and commented on, and Gruden had this to say, "“Derek used my wife’s name on TV in one of his audibles, so it must not have been too loud in there,” Gruden joked Monday. “I’m still trying to figure out why Cindy Gruden’s name came up during the game. I’ve got to look into that. Unfortunately for me, I could never hear him until yesterday,” Gruden said with a smile. “So I don’t know what he’s been up to at the line of scrimmage, but he better keep my wife out of it from now on.”

Plenty of people are assholes, but like a lot of things it's on a spectrum. Gruden is on the far end of misogyny, racism, and whatnot that one wishes not to find oneself. FA&FO he did. It matters not that it was some time ago, the NFL trying to stay relevant in the modern era.

• Hook 'Em 1

11 minutes ago, alincoln said:

No.  Those are the profile pics of the posters on this thread.

i was gonna make a joke by finding the one that looked the most like a dipshit and pretending it was me, but... i can't find the biggest dipshit in the bunch. too much dipshittery to judge

eh fuck it, I'm on the far right, second row from the bottom

Jon also missed out on an opportunity to tie in the new Chucky Tv show on SYFY. A whole series dedicated to a psycho possessed doll. But he had to be a racist  sexist homophobic asshole bigot. Now he can’t cash in on the renewed Chucky popularity. Lol

Edited by Nicole44

2 hours ago, Texvet16 said:

Of course the one pos rep is from ‘magabro’

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

While I would agree that Roger Goodell is certainly petty his job is to increase NFL profits and for the most part protect the owners and to do their bidding. That’s his job.

So either he KNEW by releasing the Gruden emails he was opening up that can of worms (and used them as a means of revenge and also ensuring that the WFT investigation emails would all see the light of day) OR he just wanted to exact revenge on Gruden and didn’t care/ or didn’t know he was opening up that can of worms.

He can’t very well say he cannot release the rest of the emails bc they are part of an ongoing investigation bc he just did. I can’t imagine it was someone going rogue doing this without his permission or direct involvement. So this was either a really clever ploy or a very poorly executed revenge strategy. 

7 minutes ago, BurntOrange&White said:

I’d be so happy if this takes Goodell out as well. 

That would be great. It all depends on how calculated this move was. If it was purely for revenge and he didn’t realize that he basically has no credible avenue for withholding on the WFT investigation he’s gone. If on the other hand this was calculated to appear one way but give him cover for being “forced” to release the WFT stuff my guess is he is fine. He knows where all the bodies are buried. Many of the owners should be very concerned. Jmo. Not all but quite a few. What he did was fairly unprecedented. There is going to be fallout. My question is: Did he engineer it on purpose? 

• Deej changed the title to Well, bye, Jon Gruden