NBA 2021-2022

ztejas

14 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Harlan with the line of the year

“She wasn’t just glueing herself to the floor she was sniffing it”

That's why he's the best in the business. Best pxp guy who also seizes upon any opportunity to (successfully) inject humor into a situation. 

Unmatched. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

That list is from last year- that's why none of this years Rookies were on it. I'm pretty sure Booker is older than 25.  Ja should have been on there last year but more understandable.  Fox shouldn't be on there for sure now- maybe last year?  6 seems too high, but I can't remember exactly how I would have thought of that 372 days ago.  

3 hours ago, Mitch Cumsteen said:

I'm not a KAT fan but you don't trade him unless it's for a superstar, especially since he isn't on a supermax cap killer contract.

This is why I didn't bring it up. They're only paying him 30 and some change the next couple years. And no I wouldn't rather have Gobert but I wouldn't particularly want either of them. 

2 hours ago, MNLonghornFUKM said:

Last night was the first night in a 4 months where he was clearly unraveled.

It was also the first playoff game he's played in this season. This is our concern, dude.

Maybe it is a matchup thing but LA doesn't strike me as some beast of a team defensively. KAT is a 7th year guy posting 25 on near 50/40/90 splits so I'm not sure how much of a matchup or scheme excuse he gets anymore. The "big men" in the next tier up from him - Giannis/Durant/Embiid/Jokic - will find ways to bust your ass no matter who or what you send at them. You can't play those guys off the floor with certain matchups or gimmicks. KAT should watch film on KD playing out of double teams and understand that the reason he's being doubled/trapped is not because the other team doesn't respect you, but because the other team doesn't want you to get the ball in space or isoed against a favorable matchup because you're that good of a scorer. That said - they will keep doubling you if you can't punish them for it (or if you're in the MJ/Shaq/KD tier, because you're giving them 40+ on a bad night if you don't. Curry has seen this at times in his career as well) - but with the amount of shooters KAT plays with it is a solvable equation. And he isn't a minus passer. 

I like this Wolves team and I'm not a KAT hater - he's just my least favorite type of NBA player and I think every NBA fan is still waiting for him to show us he can win - if not at the highest level maybe at some higher levels at least. I think you can make this a series with Memphis but holy shit if KAT doesn't play better it's going to be rough. I do think he's a great matchup to maybe keep Adams off the floor a bit more than Memphis would like.

13 minutes ago, ztejas said:

This is why I didn't bring it up. They're only paying him 30 and some change the next couple years. And no I wouldn't rather have Gobert but I wouldn't particularly want either of them. 

It was also the first playoff game he's played in this season. This is our concern, dude.

Maybe it is a matchup thing but LA doesn't strike me as some beast of a team defensively. KAT is a 7th year guy posting 25 on near 50/40/90 splits so I'm not sure how much of a matchup or scheme excuse he gets anymore. The "big men" in the next tier up from him - Giannis/Durant/Embiid/Jokic - will find ways to bust your ass no matter who or what you send at them. You can't play those guys off the floor with certain matchups or gimmicks. KAT should watch film on KD playing out of double teams and understand that the reason he's being doubled/trapped is not because the other team doesn't respect you, but because the other team doesn't want you to get the ball in space or isoed against a favorable matchup because you're that good of a scorer. That said - they will keep doubling you if you can't punish them for it (or if you're in the MJ/Shaq/KD tier, because you're giving them 40+ on a bad night if you don't. Curry has seen this at times in his career as well) - but with the amount of shooters KAT plays with it is a solvable equation. And he isn't a minus passer. 

I like this Wolves team and I'm not a KAT hater - he's just my least favorite type of NBA player and I think every NBA fan is still waiting for him to show us he can win - if not at the highest level maybe at some higher levels at least. I think you can make this a series with Memphis but holy shit if KAT doesn't play better it's going to be rough. I do think he's a great matchup to maybe keep Adams off the floor a bit more than Memphis would like.

I wouldn't say Adams is a worse matchup than Zubacs was. Memphis should handle the wolves pretty easily.

I'd trade KAT for Gobert.  While I know the narrative that Gobert "gets run off the floor", there are plenty of knowledgeable guys who say that's more a result of the way the team is structured more than anything.  He's a rim protector with absolutely NO perimeter defense on the outside...he's basically erasing all their mistakes, and small ball teams destroy them because they get past the guards/wings with ease and he's left in no mans land.

Put him on a better perimeter defensive minded team and he makes them elite defensively.  His offense isn't elite by any stretch...but say put him in Dallas or on a team with a big PnR PG and he'd feast.

• Hook 'Em 1

44 minutes ago, 4doorsMoreWhores said:

From what I've seen of Charlotte lately, Shaq may have to pay up on that bet. LaMelo has been balling out

My theory is the Hornets are still very salty for getting run out of the gym in the play in by that weak ass Pacers squad last year and are going to be locked in defensively. I figure Trae is still unguardable (Cody Martin maybe best chance to check him) and will go for 40 but I think Charlotte can hang. Need two of Terry, Miles or Melo to go off. Doable. 

• Hook 'Em 1

Hornets are extremely fortunate to even be in this game at this point. Jackson is right, the p&r D is and there is seemingly no communication. One possession they're both going with the screener and the next they both go with the ball handler. And they are getting killed on the boards with the small lineup, can't have Plumlee out there. Not to mention their 3 best players are all taking a dump on the logo. 

34 minutes ago, Baboontyme said:

Charlotte is a bit soft. This is danger territory for them. They are the type of team that will let a 12 point lead balloon to 30 before half and quit. Come on assholes. Get it together. 

I’m all for Shaq sticking his hand into a hornets nest on live tv.  Go Charlotte!

12 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Still looks too heavy... gonna be difficult to play more than 5-7yrs

Yeah- he looks awful there. Way too heavy for the modern NBA and he’s what 21?  That doesn’t typically get better with age and metabolism.  He has to rework his entire diet and conditioning regimen and he needs to do it yesterday. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Baboontyme said:

My theory is the Hornets are still very salty for getting run out of the gym in the play in by that weak ass Pacers squad last year and are going to be locked in defensively. I figure Trae is still unguardable (Cody Martin maybe best chance to check him) and will go for 40 but I think Charlotte can hang. Need two of Terry, Miles or Melo to go off. Doable. 

I thought the same. 

But you are right they are too soft/cute and seem to care more about hair do's than defense.

Izzo let it out of the bag tonight that Miles has a $170/mil extension on the table. He turned down 4/60 before the season. Go get paid MB. Not sure I love the fit if I'm trying to build a championship team but tough to let him walk, I guess. Please be polite and respectful in your Miles Bridges slander. 

8 hours ago, ztejas said:

Y'all I think Ben Simmons is playing in this Celtics series. 

I think I said that I expected it last week with someone arguing against. 
He doesn’t have to play offense. If he can give them 15 or 20 minutes on Brown or Tatum that’s a real win and of value for them. 

10 hours ago, Baboontyme said:

Izzo let it out of the bag tonight that Miles has a $170/mil extension on the table. He turned down 4/60 before the season. Go get paid MB. Not sure I love the fit if I'm trying to build a championship team but tough to let him walk, I guess. Please be polite and respectful in your Miles Bridges slander. 

I went to a game with my son a couple years ago against charlotte bc he knows nothing about hoops and it was something like a $7.00 ticket. Was impressed by Bridges for sure.