I just want to thank the Longhorn Football program

Kel Varnsen

1 minute ago, Bullneck said:

I thought if we scored before half and made it 21-10 that might do it. 

I have a general theory about teams that can't hold a lead: once they get ahead, just turn off the TV and wait a few hours.  That way you're spared the agony.  

even better...my one aggy friend is also a gambler and frequently bets on Texas games. 

after getting burned with ou and osu, he informed me today's he's figured it out...he bet Texas to lead at half and then lose the game, paid 7 to 1. he's thrilled. cocksucker.

• Rage+1 3

2 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Three fucking games in a row, including a bye week where Sark showed them Free Willy or whatever inspirational movie. You can't keep dumping all the blame on the players when the same thing happens three weeks in a row.

We're not getting better. We're doing the same thing again and again against progressively weaker opponents.

image.pngimage.pngimage.png

This is your happy place

1 minute ago, mchookem said:

even better...my one aggy friend is also a gambler and frequently bets on Texas games. 

after getting burned with ou and osu, he informed me today's he's figured it out...he bet Texas to lead at half and then lose the game, paid 7 to 1. he's thrilled. cocksucker.

• Rage+1 1

2 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Three fucking games in a row, including a bye week where Sark showed them Free Willy or whatever inspirational movie. You can't keep dumping all the blame on the players when the same thing happens three weeks in a row.

I don;t know if i should positive rep or neagtive rep or take Eva's gun . FML

8 minutes ago, satyanash said:

We're not getting better. We're just doing the same thing again and again against progressively weaker opponents.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, David Dennison said:

As I've gotten older I've started to question how much I actually like the sport of American football.

Compared to being out in the world exploring it? Spectator sports have an allure but the exclusivity I gave Texas football in the fall for over 30 years is more than enough. They’ve broken me, I pay attention but really I don’t care. I watched the game for as long as Southwest Airlines had coverage on the way to puerto Vallarta and say fuck it when the feed dropped. Forgot to check the score until I was at the bar drinking tequila. Fuck it is right, I’m on to my next obsession. Sark and del la conte can fuck the fuck off. I’ll come back to watch if they win but I ain’t even gonna lie don’t care anymore. Life is short I’m not giving my time to this piss poor shit. 

Edited by troph
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 3

Team is saving me All kinda money.  If we Get lucky and win 7 games and maybe make the Cheez it bowl in Orlando, no way im taking the family to Disney during a pandemic Xmas break.  So can watch that game drunk AF from home, maybe neighborhood watch party/burn Sark’s contract in effigy.  Or we struggle between 6-7 wins and get bumped down to Texas bowl in Houston.  Normally I’d make that trip like Texas bowls past and at least have a fun time with old friends in Houston.  But nope, that game is Tuesday, January 4th this year.  As in, second full day back at school/work/get the fuck back the grind for Lobo and family.  So not bothering with spending cash on that 2022 shitheap 

Good for us to save money though for NCAA tourney trips in hoops

21 minutes ago, troph said:

Compared to being out in the world exploring it? Spectator sports have an allure but the exclusivity I gave Texas football in the fall for over 30 years is more than enough. They’ve broken me, I pay attention but really I don’t care. I watched the game for as long as Southwest Airlines had coverage on the way to puerto Vallarta and say fuck it when the feed dropped. Forgot to check the score until I was at the bar drinking tequila. Fuck it is right, I’m on to my next obsession. Sark and del la conte can fuck the fuck off. I’ll come back to watch if they win but I ain’t even gonna lie don’t care anymore. Life is short I’m not giving my time to this piss poor shit. 

Bitcoin200.gif.c6bbaf2eaadddb9f10ae980d019be2a3.gif0ff7784184af761d38db3013a4d1584e.gif.be74549aa9b6d8847a8717c4bd60fc43.gif

Maybe I'll use the money I would have used for Longhorn fandom for Bitcoin (BTC seems a SAFER BET than Bellmont!) and save the rest, waiting for Japan to open back up to tourism so I can visit some more.

Getting on the wrong side of fifty, covid, and the last decade broke me as well.

Ain't nobody got time for that.gif

I used to tell people I was Methodist, but Texas football was really my religion. I'm atheist now.
  • Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Focht Up said:

Im offiially embarassed about our football team.   We've sucked for 11 years,  regularly losing to baylor, tcu, isu, etc.  These last 3 games have been too painful,  can't do it any more.

Trust me, it could be worse.  For example, you could lose to Montana on your home field.

• Rage+1 1

1 hour ago, satyanash said:

We're not getting better. We're just doing the same thing again and again against progressively weaker opponents.

GIF by Giphy QA

• Hook 'Em 1

Quit watching Texas football because we suck? 

steve-buscemi-fuck-all-that.gif

Losing sucks and is frustrating, but it is what it is. Quit letting a game played by a bunch of 18-22 kids emotionally control your life.

You won't get to enjoy the peaks if you bitch out and disappear during the valleys.  

• Hook 'Em 3

This program isn’t far from just straight up general apathy.  I saw half empty stadiums during Charlie’s last year every game.  We’re about to get to that point.  Hell, looks like the team and players quit on themselves long before the fans did.  

When it happens, it’s going to be the first time CDC and these incompetent fucks will start sweating.  Good luck firing this staff in year 3.  No decent coach is going to take this job with how we cycle through bad hire after bad hire.  Normally apathy sets after a few years with a coach, it’s going to be year 1 with Sark.  Fuck this program, fuck these AD, fuck cdc, fuck sark, and fuck these players. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, DaysOff said:

Getting on the wrong side of fifty, covid, and the last decade broke me as well.

Ain't nobody got time for that.gif

I used to tell people I was Methodist, but Texas football was really my religion. I'm atheist now.

100% and I don’t know if I’ll ever really come all the way back. Too many other things out there to do. Age and covid definitely a part of it for sure.  It the suck ass nature of the performance who the fuck is dumb enough to keep showing up when the program won’t? That’s all kinds of stupid. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, Tom said:

Losing sucks and is frustrating, but it is what it is. Quit letting a game played by a bunch of 18-22 kids emotionally control your life.

You won't get to enjoy the peaks if you bitch out and disappear during the valleys.  

As an alum with 30 years of diehard fandom behind me I can tell you that you are 100% wrong. The absence of winning is enough to make me appreciate it when it comes. I don’t have to have to have a front row seat in the losses to appreciate winning. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, Tom said:

It’s not about the game “emotionally controlling” our lives…it is about being fucking bored by terrible football every weekend for over a decade. It’s supposed to be entertainment.

I don’t watch shitty movies or listen to terrible music so that I can enjoy the good stuff more. Wasting time watching the Texas football team trip over it’s own dick every week/year does not provide any value.

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 2

Pretty cool that UT fucking San Antonio is ranked but UT is not. 

Caleb Williams is about to get invited to new york as Heisman finalist. 

If you are a 17 year old playing any skilled position…why the fuck would you commit to Texas?  Theyve sucked for your entire teenage life

This isn’t some “valley”. Many of us are finally coming to the realization that for most of our lives, Texas football has been living on its reputation earned before most of the posters on this board were even born. To make it worse, our biggest rival is always good, always winning Heisman Trophies, and always going to the playoffs and playing in big games. Hell, our second biggest rival is at least relevant no matter how stupid they are and no matter how much we make fun of them. Meanwhile, we wander the fucking desert mumbling to ourselves that we used to matter.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 2

5 minutes ago, 52-80 said:

If you are a 17 year old playing any skilled position…why the fuck would you commit to Texas?  Theyve sucked for your entire teenage life

Not only that but we have sucked during the great rise of social media....there's nowhere to hide the suck. Used to be very few saw your suck.  Even in the heydey of ESPN in the late 90s-early aughts if you went unranked the coverage of your suck was meager to non-existent.  Now you can be unranked, have a losing record, whatever  and there are still thousands of clips of the suck, thoughts on the suck, hot takes on the suck, memes on the suck, suck suck suck....just fucking everywhere. 

We picked the absolute worst decade to suck because now more than ever once that foot gets on your throat it's damn near impossible to get it off.   

Edited by Surly Bevo
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 2
  • Rage+1 1

11 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

and there are still thousands of clips of the suck, thoughts on the suck, hot takes on the suck, memes on the suck, suck suck suck....just fucking everywhere. 

TX longhorns basically = south austins mom

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Surly Bevo said:

Not only that but we have sucked during the great rise of social media....there's nowhere to hide the suck. Used to be very few saw your suck.  Even in the heydey of ESPN in the late 90s-early aughts if you went unranked the coverage of your suck was meager to non-existent.  Now you can be unranked, have a losing record, whatever  and there are still thousands of clips of the suck, thoughts on the suck, hot takes on the suck, memes on the suck, suck suck suck....just fucking everywhere. 

We picked the absolute worst decade to suck because now more than ever once that foot gets on your throat it's damn near impossible to get it off.   

So gone are the days of radio-only (no TV, no PPV, no stream) Texas football games (at least 1-2 of them per year for us olds) where the only available video afterwards was bad-angle ground-level local TV station sports media crew highlights, that only showed you a glimpse of such aforementioned suck, if there was any.

I was in the stands for many of those games, some of the last of which were against teams like Rapelor.

The worst part was that we usually played great in most of those radio-only (no TV, no PPV, no stream) games, which means no one ever saw us kicking ass unless they were at the game. We were expected to win, and we did, and even if we ran up the score, it was always, "Ho hum, Texas won. Texas was expected to win, so it doesn't matter by how much," sort of mentality when the score was "reported" (downgraded) nationally on TV, and since there were no highlights, it was like the game never happened.

37 minutes ago, Hank Chinaski said:

It’s not about the game “emotionally controlling” our lives…it is about being fucking bored by terrible football every weekend for over a decade. It’s supposed to be entertainment.

I don’t watch shitty movies or listen to terrible music so that I can enjoy the good stuff more. Wasting time watching the Texas football team trip over it’s own dick every week/year does not provide any value.

Honestly that's a pretty good point.  I'm still not at the point of not watching, but the self-imploding way we seem to always lose is pretty frustrating in and of itself.  

5 minutes ago, Nicole44 said:

Twitter pretty brutal today but we gotta take it in stride:

That Temple Buc-ee's only gets Texas' Red River Shootout and maybe piggy game traffic from now on.

No more Texas fans' trips to Stillwater, Fort Worth, and Waco.

Edited by BachelorTrek
  • Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, 6th Street said:

My Valvoline game changing moment - turned it off during the fake punt attempt to go carve pumpkins with the kids

Every father and mother of kids under the age of 14 should just forget about watching Texas football and go do things with your kids. 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2