Kyle Rittenhouse

tx 3 putt

Just now, jimmyjazz said:

I'm not sure how we'll tally it up, but OK.

"School shooting!  Rittenhouse!  No way!"

"Cop killed a dude, another dude killed another dude, Rittenhouse!"

What the fuck ever.  The whole thing is depressing as hell.

It’s the tide. It’s the dismal tide. It’s not the one thing

• Hook 'Em 2

17 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Someone has already posted some reactions from white supremacists to this verdict . .

11 minutes ago, Sawbonz said:

It’s the tide. It’s the dismal tide. It’s not the one thing

spacer.png

The dismal tide is cresting (and resembles a dangerous shorebreak).

Edited by washparkhorn

13 minutes ago, immortal13 said:

Well if that's the case then no you can't aim a gun at people just walking up a street that you do not own. I had read that it was THEIR gate on THEIR property but perhaps that was incorrect reporting. Sucks that our journalists aren't very interested in reporting accurate facts. Disturbing times....

Blaming the media for the fact that your made up fact was wrong. That is some impressive mental gymnastics. 

Just now, wildcat09 said:

Blaming the media for the fact that your made up fact was wrong. That is some impressive mental gymnastics. 

I don't know the origin of his fact or not, but a general comment.  Our media is completely failing our society. The death spirals are tightening. 

• Hook 'Em 4

But of course.

https://www.npr.org/2021/11/19/1057478725/far-right-groups-rittenhouse-acquittal-celebration-violence

In the minutes after a jury acquitted 18-year old Kyle Rittenhouse on all counts, jubilation lit up on social media spaces where far-right extremists gather. 

In one Telegram channel for the far-right Proud Boys, some noted they had taken the day off work to await the verdict. "There's still a chance for this country," wrote one. In another channel, a member stated that political violence must continue. "The left wont stop until their bodied get stacked up like cord wood," he wrote.

Rittenhouse himself is not known to be a member of an extremist group. But the trial, which from its beginning became a cause and rallying cry among conservatives who champion gun rights, has been particularly alarming to extremism researchers. 

As it played out against the backdrop of an increasingly polarized nation, experts of far-right movements say opportunists found a growing audience for their violence-fueled messaging that targets the left. Now that a jury has found that Rittenhouse acted in self-defense, those concerns are recentering on the question of whether it may embolden others to engage in political violence.

5 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

I don't know the origin of his fact or not, but a general comment.  Our media is completely failing our society. The death spirals are tightening. 

Well yeah, they’ve been bothsidesing fascism for years. I’m surprised to see you complain about that, though.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, wildcat09 said:

Well yeah, they’ve been bothsidesing fascism for years. I’m surprised to see you complain about that, though.

Only cause you are a hack. They got everyone gassed up. Keeps your eyes on the screen, your finger on the clicks, and outsource your thinking to social media.     

• Hook 'Em 1

A rational country given this occurrence would take a hard look at open carry and how it relates to self defense laws. 

But we are no longer a rational country. As made obvious by many millions of dipshits celebrating a verdict that has no effect on them whatsoever.

Edited by JimmyJames
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

While you may be right, it’s not the media’s job to save society. What’s driving this failure is decisions by the republicans starting with Reagan to absolve the right wing media from any responsibility to society whatsoever. It didn’t have to be this way.

3 minutes ago, Anastasis said:

I don't really see the open carry angle at all here.  At least in terms of generalizable conclusions or actions.  Seems like one of those largely irrelevant buzz items that people focus on cause the rhetoric. 

It’s much too lengthy of a topic for the “Kyle finally won” thread, but you should read up on the history of gun laws in our state of Texas with respect to open carry, concealed carry, etc. Its pretty interesting.

Oh and the biggest shocker is there’s a lot of racism involved. 

2 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

It’s much too lengthy of a topic for the “Kyle finally won” thread, but you should read up on the history of gun laws in our state of Texas with respect to open carry, concealed carry, etc. Its pretty interesting.

Oh and the biggest shocker is there’s a lot of racism involved. 

You should start that thread with a bunch of links to the primary source documents.  It would be interesting, and another step away from the meta threads based on secondary and tertiary information that this board has fallen into.

Edited by Anastasis
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Anastasis said:

You should start that thread with a bunch of links to the primary source documents.  It would be interesting, and another step away from the meta threads this board has fallen into.

Perhaps I will. Good idea. I rarely start threads. Usually only undetected hidden troll threads.

3 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Skate or die!

I thought it was Skate to Live, Live to Skate. :?

Who knew all those parking garages growing up that said, "Skateboards Prohibited" were just trying to keep the parking garage from being burned to the ground?  

4 minutes ago, Lobo said:

I thought it was Skate to Live, Live to Skate. :?

Who knew all those parking garages growing up that said, "Skateboards Prohibited" were just trying to keep the parking garage from being burned to the ground?  

Shit it’s been awhile but that’s the one I remember. Maybe I’m older than you. 47.

4 minutes ago, goatsaag said:

A rational country would just get rid of open carry entirely.

A rational country cure would cure the infirmed who choose such displays of open idiocy and makw a mockery of my Second Amendment rights

We cannot ban open carry because of the Second Amendment, but we can cure the infirmed. 

We will do nothing and reap the whirlwind. 

• Hook 'Em 1

4 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Shit it’s been awhile but that’s the one I remember. Maybe I’m older than you. 47.

Just a hint younger, but I do remember those skateboard stickers.  "Skate or Die", and then it became a lame Nintendo game.  I wanted one on my cheap NASH skateboard but mom wouldn't let me.  My skateboard was a weapon in that it fucked up my left knee and elbow on more than one occasion.  They've been popping like an old man since I was a teenager.  

1 hour ago, Sawbonz said:

I think you’re mistaking ought and should for is. Again, unless you are asserting that the DA was corrupt, I have to assume that he made the strongest case he was able to make based on the evidence at hand. Clearly, if there were evidence that Rittenhouse was menacing or threatening, it would have been presented absent malicious intent of the prosecution.  

Whatever you are I think Rittenhouse should or should not have done prior to the shooting, or what we think the law ought to be, what the law is gives an individual the right to use deadly force to protect themselves in the absence of provocation 

We need less rioting and more voting

Is that Joe Hill I see before me?!

Joe Hill's ashes were drank in a union made beer by an Indiana hoosier at the bequest of Billy Bragg.

/csb

• Hook 'Em 1

20 minutes ago, Satchel said:

If the little boy’s mom was more like this mother, perhaps he would not have been in the position to shoot two people to death:

Same can be said for the ones that FAFO, too. 

45 minutes ago, brakeman said:

Problem would be if he saw him shoot Rosenbaum, he would have seen him attacking KR. But he didn’t. So the meme is dumb af. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

The 2A people crack me up because by their logic the 2A gets undermined in our society all over the place but they only beef about it when their thought leaders tell them to.  We have laws against fully automatic weapons, yet there is no serious movement to legalize them.  

We have laws against carrying firearms on planes/airports, or in a courthouse, or a school but the 2A defenders don’t care about these infringements on their rights because deep down they really don’t give a shit, they really don’t, most of them anyway. They just love fighting for the idea that they can fend off tyranny with a good sidearm as long as the government doesn’t take it away.  Which is ridiculous, but whatever. 

6 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

The 2A people crack me up because by their logic the 2A gets undermined in our society all over the place but they only beef about it when their thought leaders tell them to.  We have laws against fully automatic weapons, yet there is no serious movement to legalize them.  

We have laws against carrying firearms on planes/airports, or in a courthouse, or a school but the 2A defenders don’t care about these infringements on their rights because deep down they really don’t give a shit, they really don’t, most of them anyway. They just love fighting for the idea that they can fend off tyranny with a good sidearm as long as the government doesn’t take it away.  Which is ridiculous, but whatever. 

Maybe one of the few things I agree with him.

Screenshot_20211119-192531.png

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Bravo said:

Mr. Huber the skateboarder had quite the rap sheet. Swell guy. The other guy he killed was a child rapist. I shed no tears for the trash he dispensed with. 

Had not heard the granny stabbing threat thing before. Was aware of the other one.

What a total fucking shit show of dysfunctionals all around.