Kyle Rittenhouse

tx 3 putt

3 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Lotta defamation lawsuit experts up in here today.

There’s a lot of stupid people posting on the net about shit they don’t understand. Defamation suits being a prime example. I can think of another topic but don’t feel like sending up a bat signal right now. 

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, lilMAC25 said:

The FBI had time and reason to search Kyle’s phone and computer for White Supremacist ideology and came up with zilch…

Alternate title.

ah yes, the “Every Conservative White Person Is A Whige Supremacist”  bit.

I don’t fucking buy it.

Wow, you are fucking dense.  Since the judge wouldn't allow the video with Kyle's motive (he posted a video two weeks before about what he wanted to do), do you really think any evidence about his behavior after would have been allowed?  You are fucking dense.

2 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

This was a unique case in that it never should have been charged. It wasn’t he said she said. It was on video.

Not all of it, though, right?  Was the threat that Rosenbaum made prior to the shootings on video?  Or was the threat in evidence only via the testimony of witnesses?  If it was only via testimony, I'd say that was a critical component of the self-defense case that was NOT on video. 

I don't have a problem with the verdict.  I didn't hear/see all of the evidence.  The jury did, so it would be difficult for me to secondguess the verdict when I did not hear/see all of the evidence.  From what I could tell, there seemed to be enough evidence to support a self-defense finding in connection with the Rosenbaum shooting.  And the application of self-defense to the other shootings hinged in large part (if not completely) on whether the Rosenbaum shooting was lawful.  If the Rosenbaum shooting wasn't self-defense, Rittenhouse would not have had a viable self-defense claim in connection with the other shootings because he would have provoked the very situation causing others to attack him.  The jury decided the Rosenbaum shooting was self-defense, and I can't really question that conclusion.  That conclusion compelled the other self-defense findings, IMO.

But I also don't have a problem with the decision to bring charges.  The self-defense aspect of the Rosenbaum shooting was close enough (shooting of unarmed man counterbalanced by evidence of prior threat, chasing, etc.) that the decision to bring charges was reasonable, IMO.  And if the Rosenbaum shooting was not self-defense, there's a good chance the other shootings would have been found to be unlawful as well.  Everything hinged on the first shooting, IMO, and that shooting was a close enough call from a legal standpoint to justify the bringing of charges.  The fact that the jury had to deliberate 3+ days to reach a verdict seems to bear that out. 

Edited by Carl Spackler
  • Hook 'Em 3

6 minutes ago, JimmyJames said:

Getting around 25k after fees and expenses is hardly “making bank.” Or maybe it is to you.

Where do you see he only ended up with 25K?  He was sueing some of these news outlets like the Washington Post for 250 million dollars...You are saying they settled out of court for chump change?  I've never read the exact figures he got, but saw an interview with himself and his lawyer they basically hinted that he is set for life.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, Azbadlands said:

Where do you see he only ended up with 25K?  He was sueing some of these news outlets like the Washington Post for 250 million dollars...You are saying they settled out of court for chump change?  I've never read the exact figures he got, but saw an interview with himself and his lawyer they basically hinted that he is set for life.

#triggered

It's "suing".  Fuck.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

That does raise an odd question. If there is what I understand to be an active shooter situation and I see the guy run by and I heroically (stupidly?) tackle the guy and he kills me...is he then the innocent victim and I am the attacker just because he was not shooting or pointing a gun at me in particular? 

Well, when I see five weirdos, dressed in togas, stabbing a man in the middle of the park in full view of a hundred people, I shoot the bastards, that's *my* policy! 

25 minutes ago, lilMAC25 said:

You poor stupid fuck. That website had the actual tweets from multiple different politicians defaming the young man.

it isn’t my fault that you are so butthurt over the outcome of this trial. 

Another neg? Someone IS a cunt, but it isn’t me.

Don't forget the trash that came out of the mouth of our Moron in Chief. Hope he gets his recently probed ass sued off.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 3
  • Rage+1 1

49 minutes ago, MC Fresh Breath said:

Except that if OJ had walked down a street with an assault rifle he might not have lived to make trial.

What are you talking about?  The guy used to run with impunity through airports hurdling over furniture and other passengers.

Edited by DDD Dad
  • Haha 3

36 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

I don’t see many disagreeing with the verdict specifically.  The sentiment is mostly that this kid should be punished for what he did and our society/justice system is too broken to do so.  Therefore, we get to look forward to more senseless killings by idiots without consequences. Hooray us. 

Then why is POTUS “angry and concerned” by the verdict?

16 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

And for all those talking about what Joe Biden said, here are his remarks right after.  

This is how a President should be. 

I wonder how TFG would have reacted if something didn't go his way?

Oh yeah...

• Fuck You 4

3 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

He is a lot better person than George Floyd, who has statues and murals.  

George Floyd is a symbol of all the victims of extrajudicial killings. It doesn't really matter what kind of person you are the state doesn't have a right to commit murder. His symbolism shouldn't be conflated with KR.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

Just now, Satoshi said:

Then why is POTUS “angry and concerned” by the verdict?

Are you really this fucking dumb? He is angry and concerned, but ultimately, the jury has spoken.  Point blank.  And that will most likely be the last we will hear of it from him.  You are such a fucking troll it is ridiculous.  

• Hook 'Em 1

5 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

He can when he wasn’t the president when he said it.  

Except he didn't say it.  He tweeted a video montage that included Rittenhouse, and he attributed the montage to "white supremacists and militia" (members, groups, whatever).  So, it's not known what descriptor he was ascribing to Rittenhouse.  Given the multiple photos of Rittenhouse with Proud Boys, etc. as well as flashing OK (yes, it does have a meaning), then I think it's a very defensible tweet.

But you surely disagree, being a white supremacist with Good Negro buddies.

2 minutes ago, F250 said:

George Floyd is a symbol of all the victims of extrajudicial killings. It doesn't really matter what kind of person you are the state doesn't have a right to commit murder. His symbolism shouldn't be conflated with KR.

I agree he was murdered.  I don’t believe his life deserves deification.  You want a symbol, build a statue for Tamir Rice and I’ll chip in. 

Just now, jimmyjazz said:

Except he didn't say it.  He tweeted a video montage that included Rittenhouse, and he attributed the montage to "white supremacists and militia" (members, groups, whatever).  So, it's not known what descriptor he was ascribing to Rittenhouse.  Given the multiple photos of Rittenhouse with Proud Boys, etc. as well as flashing OK (yes, it does have a meaning), then I think it's a very defensible tweet.

Don't let facts get in the way of a good narrative.

1 minute ago, jimmyjazz said:

Would love to get into the discovery f that case. All the Johnny Sack texts would be hilarious.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

I agree he was murdered.  I don’t believe his life deserves deification.  You want a symbol, build a statue for Tamir Rice and I’ll chip in. 

You don't get to pick, that's not how it works.

• Hook 'Em 2

The state's case was really light - I'm not surprised he was found not guilty. The charges that were proved weren't allowed to be entered. He most definitely killed a dude and it was not out of self defense, but providing self defense doesn't take much. It's almost a loophole in the system for white people. 

It's an indictment of the judicial system that a white kid can gun down protesters without penalty while a black kid is in prison for buying weed. But the system is the system.

Rittenhouse prob will be on Tucker tonight. The white supremacists will rally around him, big time. 

What's going to REALLY suck is when the guys who lynched Arbery walk free. That should lead to riots everywhere. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Johnny Sack said:

They did not see Rosenbaum get shot.  They did not see Kyle shoot anyone.  They joined a mob of nuts yelling for the kid to be assaulted and killed.  I think they would have a very hard time proving self defense or defense of others was reasonable under the circumstances when their basis for thinking he was the threat was joining an angry lynch mob chasing a kid who was not currently shooting anyone and was in full retreat after lawfully shooting someone else.  Gaige would have the additional problem of KR telling him he was going to the police and for shooting him with an illegally carried pistol.

They would have a shot.  Would depend on their testimony.  But I think a competent DA could make them look pretty silly on their basis for thinking KR was a threat.

I am confident that, from a legal standpoint, you are incorrect.  Under the law, the second and third victims would not have been required to demonstrate that they actually saw the first shooting in order to establish that their own actions in attempting to catch/subdue Rittenhouse were lawful.  It would have been sufficient, IMO, for them to establish that they heard the various shouts from people saying that Rittenhouse had just shot someone and was trying to get away, etc.  That would have been sufficient for the second and third victims to reasonably think that it was necessary to stop Rittenhouse in order to protect the lives of others.

And, frankly, even if Huber and/or Grosskruetz had actually witnessed the Rosenbaum shooting, it would not have nullified their potential defense.  Why?  Because at the time it occurred, the Rosenbaum shooting would have appeared to most people to be a case of an unlawful shooting (murder).  Rittenhouse's claim of self-defense in connection with the Rosenbaum shooting was premised on actions that took place BEFORE the shooting, i.e., Rosenbaum's threat, Rosenbaum's act of throwing an object at Rittenhouse, Rosenbaum's act of chasing Rittenhouse on foot, etc.  Neither Huber nor Grosskreutz would have had knowledge of that pre-shooting conduct that ultimately allowed Rittenhouse to claim self-defense.  At the time the Rosenbaum shooting occurred, it looked like an armed individual shooting an unarmed individual.  A person witnessing just the shooting itself could/would have reasonably thought that Rittenhouse had just murdered Rosenbaum, and would therefore have been justified in attempting to stop Rittenhouse from fleeing the scene.   

From a legal standpoint, I think you're simply wrong on this point.  But it's academic because neither Huber nor Grosskreutz captured or subdued Rittenhouse; rather, they got shot by Rittenhouse.  So the issue then became whether Rittenhouse could viably claim self-defense in connection with those shootings.

Edited by Carl Spackler
  • Hook 'Em 1

9 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Are you really this fucking dumb? He is angry and concerned, but ultimately, the jury has spoken.  Point blank.  And that will most likely be the last we will hear of it from him.  You are such a fucking troll it is ridiculous.  

Biden is a bitch for this statement as well.  He should be "angry and concerned" that there aren't laws on the books in this country that criminalize a 17 year old walking around with an assault rife leading to this senseless chain of events.  Say that.   Instead, he left it open intended which many will read to imply that the jury made a bad decision given the facts of this case.  And it's another case of "whitey" getting off or whatever.  Which is total BS.   I voted for Biden but he doesn't get a pass from me when he (pretty consistently) says and does stupid shit.

Just now, Skipper said:

Biden is a bitch for this statement as well.  He should be "angry and concerned" that there aren't laws on the books in this country that criminalize a 17 year old walking around with an assault rife leading to this senseless chain of events.  Say that.   Instead, he left it open intended which many will read to imply that the jury made a bad decision given the facts of this case.  And it's another case of "whitey" getting off or whatever.  Which is total BS.   I voted for Biden but he doesn't get a pass from me when he (pretty consistently) says and does stupid shit.

Everyone should be angry and concerned.  It wasn't THAT long of a statement.  I agree that it is horseshit that people can walk around with assault rifles.  So let's take the fuckers in Congress that keep meaningful gun reform off the books!  Biden echoed what all of us were feeling, but at the end of the day, the jury spoke and that is it.  That is precisely what he should say. He knows there are a lot of people that are upset.  

This wasn't a gaffe, and it wasn't stupid.  

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Everyone should be angry and concerned.  It wasn't THAT long of a statement.  I agree that it is horseshit that people can walk around with assault rifles.  So let's take the fuckers in Congress that keep meaningful gun reform off the books!  Biden echoed what all of us were feeling, but at the end of the day, the jury spoke and that is it.  That is precisely what he should say. He knows there are a lot of people that are upset.  

This wasn't a gaffe, and it wasn't stupid.  

He left the intent of his statement open ended intentionally to appeal to his base.  This was a great opportunity to make a statement SPECIFICALLY about the f'd up lack of gun control in this country.  He could have made a real political statement.  Instead, he's appealing to the 95% on the left that didn't watch a second of this trial, were fed a narrative from the media, and are shocked that KR is walking based on that false media narrative.  It's counterproductive.  I have zero expectations for the idiots in leadership on the right in this country but expect a little more out of the left. It wasn't a gaffe, it was Biden playing dumbed down politics, so to me that's a disappointing statement. 

Edit to say this:  Biden isn't like Trump that just tweets or issues statements off the cuff.  LIke all Presidents other than Trump, every Biden statement has been carefully crafted by his team.  So that is the specific context in which I think it sucks.

Edited by Skipper
  • Hook 'Em 2

13 minutes ago, Carl Spackler said:

And, frankly, even if Huber and/or Grosskruetz had actually witnessed the Rosenbaum shooting, it would not have nullified their potential defense.  Why?  Because at the time it occurred, the Rosenbaum shooting would have appeared to most people to be a case of an unlawful shooting (murder).  Rittenhouse's claim of self-defense in connection with the Rosenbaum shooting was premised on actions that took place BEFORE the shooting, i.e., Rosenbaum's threat, Rosenbaum's act of throwing an object at Rittenhouse, Rosenbaum's act of chasing Rittenhouse on foot, etc.  Neither Huber nor Grosskreutz would have had knowledge of that pre-shooting conduct that ultimately allowed Rittenhouse to claim self-defense.  At the time the Rosenbaum shooting occurred, it looked like an armed individual shooting an unarmed individual.  A person witnessing just the shooting itself could/would have reasonably thought that Rittenhouse had just murdered Rosenbaum, and would therefore have been justified in attempting to stop Rittenhouse from fleeing the scene.

A person witnessing the shooting would have seen Rosenbaum chasing Rittenhouse, eventually catching up to him, and then Rittenhouse shooting in self defense. So they probably would not have been trying to detain Rittenhouse as a murderer.

3 minutes ago, Skipper said:

He left the intent of his statement open ended intentionally to appeal to his base.  This was a great opportunity to make a statement SPECIFICALLY about the f'd up lack of gun control in this country.  He could have made a real political statement.  Instead, he's appealing to the 95% on the left that didn't watch a second of this trial, were fed a narrative from the media, and are shocked that KR is walking based on that false media narrative.  It's counterproductive.  I have zero expectations for the idiots in leadership on the right in this country but expect a little more out of the left. It wasn't a gaffe, it was Biden playing dumbed down politics, so to me that's a disappointing statement. 

Edit to say this:  Biden isn't like Trump that just tweets or issues statements off the cuff.  LIke all Presidents other than Trump, every Biden statement has been carefully crafted by his team.  So that is the specific context in which I think it sucks.

It wasn't a very long statement, and I believe it conveyed his feelings very clearly.  This wasn't the time to address gun laws. I could see him coming out with a longer statement later talking about that.  It could be that he is waiting to see what comes out of the Supreme Court with the NYC gun case.

2 minutes ago, Bravo said:

supposed? I literally took a pic of my diploma. Clown. Let's see your diploma. I assume we won't see that. Sorry you're having a shitty triggering day w/ the 2A winning out again. 

You have small hands, and you know what they say about people with small hands.  Makes sense given your stance on walking around with a firearm.

• Fuck You 1

14 minutes ago, The Ace of Aces said:

The state's case was really light - I'm not surprised he was found not guilty. The charges that were proved weren't allowed to be entered. He most definitely killed a dude and it was not out of self defense, but providing self defense doesn't take much. It's almost a loophole in the system for white people. 

It's an indictment of the judicial system that a white kid can gun down protesters without penalty while a black kid is in prison for buying weed. But the system is the system.

Is this where you repeat a lie enough, and it becomes the truth?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

5 minutes ago, Bravo said:

supposed? I literally took a pic of my diploma. Clown. Let's see your diploma. I assume we won't see that. Sorry you're having a shitty triggering day w/ the 2A winning out again. 

You literally took a pic of someone flipping off a diploma. Don’t know whose diploma and probably wasn’t yours because you’re kind of too stupid to have graduated from UT.

Right now I’m literally in my office looking at my diploma but am not gonna take a picture of me flipping it off for you.

You wanna know why? Because I’m not an idiot. 

• Haha 1

Imagine going to any kind of public protest moving forward, and some snot-nosed high school kid is open carrying an AR-15. Per the law, you basically have to cede control of your life to him. 

Don't say anything to him. It could be considered threatening. Don't even look at him. He could consider it a threat. Eyes down, move along. Random gun owners now rule our country, and don't you fucking dare forget about it.  

• Hook 'Em 2