Kyle Rittenhouse

tx 3 putt

3 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

fuck you, abbott. eat shit. this shouldn't be something to celebrate. people are dead. rittenhouse killed them. he has to live with that for the rest of his life.

but, yay?

It was bullshit the case was even prosecuted.  Political prosecution.  The prosecution also deliberately violated KR's constitutional rights.  That he is acquitted for shooting three dickheads who attached him unjustifiably is something to celebrate.

Now go get paid young man.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Fuck You 4

2 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

seriously. that was my main thought.

i'm hoping this is a learning opportunity.

i think the verdict is correct.

i also think that nobody gets shot if he doesn't show up with a gun.

But someone may have gotten beaten to death with a skateboard.

or maybe the Commie “medic” decides To execute an unarmed counterprotestor.

who knows?

what we DO know is that Kyle acted in self defense and was found not guilty.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Fuck You 1

This was a unique case in that it never should have been charged. It wasn’t he said she said. It was on video. Imagine if they didn’t catch all of it on video. Media lies and political pressure would have caused a conviction.

This is like George Floyd but for an obvious acquittal instead of a guilty.  Just watch the tape.  Chauvin walks if there was no tape. KR rots if there was no tape.

10 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

fuck you, abbott. eat shit. this shouldn't be something to celebrate. people are dead. rittenhouse killed them. he has to live with that for the rest of his life.

but, yay?

Do you really think this will haunt him or bother him in any way?   He lapped up the celebrity afterward and emotion on the stand was crocodile tears.   He'll bask in the glory of this for the rest of his life. 

What I do think will happen is he'll hit a wall later in life if not sooner rather than later.   Drugs, bad decisions, wine, women or all the above and he'll flame out.  

I bet he gets arrested again for something in the next 5 years.  It might be minor but he's going to keep making bad decisions. 

10 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

seriously. that was my main thought.

i'm hoping this is a learning opportunity.

i think the verdict is correct.

i also think that nobody gets shot if he doesn't show up with a gun.

This.  Can't argue with the verdict.  Glad the jury took their time to thoroughly deliberate.  But to be 100% clear, there are no heroes in this story.  Plenty of bad situations, created in part by the person acquitted, correctly result in acquittal.  Evil drug dealers can prevail on a self-defense claim, so long as the facts are there.  That doesn't make the shooter a good guy.  It makes him "not guilty of the crime charged."  That was the verdict of the jury.  That was the ENTIRE verdict of the jury.

9 minutes ago, South Austin said:

I've said it before, the kid's going to be a right-wing hero.  This case shouldn't be political from either side, but here we are.

But this is what we'll see.

I also really hope that shit doesn't blow up in Kenosha tonight, either, because it is not warranted.  A jury carefully considered evidence and rendered a verdict that is quite supportable under the law.  If what we stand for is fair application of the rule of law -- and that's what we SHOULD be standing for in this broader context, including application of said rule of law to cops etc. -- then we should stand for the system doing its job in this case.  The jury could have come back the other way, and the same would be true.

But as I mentioned before, be prepared for Senator Kyle Rittenhouse in a few years, because a messed up kid who put himself in a messed up situation shot the right people in service of the right side of a needlessly politicized situation, and he will be made a hero.  He already is.  On this very thread.

• Hook 'Em 2