Kyle Rittenhouse

tx 3 putt

Just now, Macanudo said:

Do you really think this will haunt him or bother him in any way?   He lapped up the celebrity afterward and emotion on the stand was crocodile tears.   He'll bask in the glory of this for the rest of his life. 

What I do think will happen is he'll hit a wall later in life if not sooner rather than later.   Drugs, bad decisions, wine, women or all the above and he'll flame out.  

I bet he gets arrested again for something in the next 5 years.  It might be minor but he's going to keep making bad decisions. 

Considering which demographic gets arrested the most (young males between 17-25), I’d say you didn’t make any sort of bold statement at all.

• Fuck You 1

I don't even necessarily disagree with the verdict, but Sack is absolutely full of shit when he says it shouldn't have been prosecuted. The right to use lethal force in self defense is (supposed to be) limited to when you reasonably believe that if you don't employ lethal force you'll either be killed or suffer serious bodily harm, and is generally not available when your "attacker" is unarmed. It's not a hard and fast rule, but "does the guy have a weapon?" is a pretty standard guideline and when the answer is "no," it absofuckinglutely should see a jury. And there's absolutely no way Sack would disagree if we were talking about some liberal shooting up a MAGA crowd.

Edited by wildcat09
  • Hook 'Em 1

13 minutes ago, South Austin said:

Agree completely.  Don't start no shit with someone who is carrying.  Stupid games and all.

But the second doesn't happen without the first.

Indeed. If the rioters didn’t burn 100 cars the night before, Kyle never shows up to stand out there at the used car lot.

edit to remove incorrect information.

Edited by lilMAC25
  • Fuck You 4

1 minute ago, lilMAC25 said:

Considering which demographic gets arrested the most (young males between 17-25), I’d say you didn’t make any sort of bold statement at all.

How many young men, especially white, get arrested TWICE, before they turn 25?   Some how, I managed to avoid it entirely in my 51 years on this planet.

1 minute ago, lilMAC25 said:

Indeed. If the rioters didn’t burn 100 cars the night before, Kyle is never asked to go to stand out there at the used car lot.

Kyle was never asked to go to Kenosha.  This was established at trial.

During Friday's testimony, family members of the man who owns the car dealership destroyed during the unrest – and where the shootings took place – took the stand. They testified that they did not ask anyone to come and protect the property.

"Did you ever have any discussions that day with anyone about protecting or guarding either of the Car Source locations, or Car Doctor?" Kenosha County Assistant District Attorney Thomas Binger asked.

Anmol Khindri, inventory manager at Car Source, replied: "No, sir."

Link: Information is good

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

If the skateboarder gets the death blow in before KR, is it then his free pass to walk on self defense ?

Yes. Literally 

Which highlights all the problems with open carry and self defense laws. Dead men tell no tales is an awful way to legislate the legality of self defense but here we are.

Edited by hobbes2702
  • Hook 'Em 3

24 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

So was the guy the Marshals executed in Portland.

Executed?  You're talking about the guy they went to arrest, for a murder charge, who pulled a gun on them.  That guy, right.  Yeah, you still can't murder people then try to get in gun fights with Marshalls.  

• Hook 'Em 1

3 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

I don't even necessarily disagree with the verdict, but Sack is absolutely full of shit when he says it shouldn't have been prosecuted. The right to use lethal force in self defense is (supposed to be) limited to when you reasonably believe that if you don't employ lethal force you'll either be killed or suffer serious bodily harm, and is generally not available when your "attacker" is unarmed. That's not a hard and fast rule, but "does the guy have a weapon?" is a pretty standard guideline and when the answer is "no," it absofuckinglutely should see a jury. And there's absolutely no way Sack would disagree if we were talking about some liberal shooting up a MAGA crowd.

or his house, or whatever. 

his entire worldview is centered on his life experience. he's disgusting.

this case sucked for everyone, not the least of whom is kyle rittenhouse. he inserted himself into a situation where he felt he had to shoot people.

i guess i could be wrong, but i'm hoping for some introspection as a result. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Macanudo said:

How many young men, especially white, get arrested TWICE, before they turn 25?   Some how, I managed to avoid it entirely in my 51 years on this planet.

Me too, but more young men in that demographic get arrested than any other demographic, so…

• Fuck You 1

6 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

This.  Can't argue with the verdict.  Glad the jury took their time to thoroughly deliberate.  But to be 100% clear, there are no heroes in this story.  Plenty of bad situations, created in part by the person acquitted, correctly result in acquittal.  Evil drug dealers can prevail on a self-defense claim, so long as the facts are there.  That doesn't make the shooter a good guy.  It makes him "not guilty of the crime charged."  That was the verdict of the jury.  That was the ENTIRE verdict of the jury.

But this is what we'll see.

I also really hope that shit doesn't blow up in Kenosha tonight, either, because it is not warranted.  A jury carefully considered evidence and rendered a verdict that is quite supportable under the law.  If what we stand for is fair application of the rule of law -- and that's what we SHOULD be standing for in this broader context, including application of said rule of law to cops etc. -- then we should stand for the system doing its job in this case.  The jury could have come back the other way, and the same would be true.

But as I mentioned before, be prepared for Senator Kyle Rittenhouse in a few years, because a messed up kid who put himself in a messed up situation shot the right people in service of the right side of a needlessly politicized situation, and he will be made a hero.  He already is.  On this very thread.

I actually think the second and third victims were probably heroes (or at least they were trying to be heroic, but failed). I haven't seen anything that would lead me to think they had any idea that Rittenhouse had shot the first guy in self defense. It seems most likely that as far as they knew, they were trying to disarm and detain a murderer. Stupid? Absolutely, but heroic acts tend to be stupid. 

4 minutes ago, fattyflattie said:

Executed?  You're talking about the guy they went to arrest, for a murder charge, who pulled a gun on them.  That guy, right.  Yeah, you still can't murder people then try to get in gun fights with Marshalls.  

There's a decent amount of evidence that they lied about him pulling a gun.

There is a thin line between Kyle Rittenhouse and an active shooter and I think that’s what is disturbing to many about this case.  

17 year olds walking around with fully loaded semiautomatic rifles in highly populated public places isn’t a good thing, especially when they end up killing people. 

• Hook 'Em 9

1 minute ago, wildcat09 said:

I actually think the second and third victims were probably heroes (or at least they were trying to be heroic, but failed). I haven't seen anything that would lead me to think they had any idea that Rittenhouse had shot the first guy in self defense. It seems most likely that as far as they knew, they were trying to disarm and detain a murderer. Stupid? Absolutely, but heroic acts tend to be stupid. 

that's what my main takeaway here is.

you want good guys with guns (or skateboards?). you got them.

one of them is dead and the other had a shredded arm.

how do you reconcile those world views? i don't get it.

• Hook 'Em 1

Just now, hayden_horn said:

that's what my main takeaway here is.

you want good guys with guns (or skateboards?). you got them.

one of them is dead and the other had a shredded arm.

how do you reconcile those world views? i don't get it.

It's simple if you're a conservative: only "good guys" (read: them) get to claim self defense. Anyone else is by definition a lawless thug. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Rage+1 1

4 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

They did not see Rosenbaum get shot.  They did not see Kyle shoot anyone.  They joined a mob of nuts yelling for the kid to be assaulted and killed.  I think they would have a very hard time proving self defense or defense of others was reasonable under the circumstances when their basis for thinking he was the threat was joining an angry lynch mob chasing a kid who was not currently shooting anyone and was in full retreat after lawfully shooting someone else.  Gaige would have the additional problem of KR telling him he was going to the police and for shooting him with an illegally carried pistol.

They would have a shot.  Would depend on their testimony.  But I think a competent DA could make them look pretty silly on their basis for thinking KR was a threat.

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Fuck You 1

10 minutes ago, hayden_horn said:

or his house, or whatever. 

his entire worldview is centered on his life experience. he's disgusting.

this case sucked for everyone, not the least of whom is kyle rittenhouse. he inserted himself into a situation where he felt he had to shoot people.

i guess i could be wrong, but i'm hoping for some introspection as a result. 

from Rittenhouse? maybe.

from Sack? no fucking way lol

Edited by mchookem
  • Hook 'Em 1

10 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

There is a thin line between Kyle Rittenhouse and an active shooter and I think that’s what is disturbing to many about this case.  

17 year olds walking around with fully loaded semiautomatic rifles in highly populated public places isn’t a good thing, especially when they end up killing people. 

There is a vast difference between the two.

active shooters kill indiscriminately. Kyle only fired in self defense.

For example, he could easily (and righteously) have shot the commie “medic” again as he was still holding the Glock. He chose not to.

Edited by lilMAC25
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, Johnny Sack said:

They did not see Rosenbaum get shot.  They did not see Kyle shoot anyone.  They joined a mob of nuts yelling for the kid to be assaulted and killed.  I think they would have a very hard time proving self defense or defense of others was reasonable under the circumstances when their basis for thinking he was the threat was joining an angry lynch mob chasing a kid who was not currently shooting anyone and was in full retreat after lawfully shooting someone else.  Gaige would have the additional problem of KR telling him he was going to the police and for shooting him with an illegally carried pistol.

They would have a shot.  Would depend on their testimony.  But I think a competent DA could make them look pretty silly on their basis for thinking KR was a threat.

I guess if there's a school shooting only the people in the classroom being shot up have the right to try to stop the shooter? Is that your take?

1 minute ago, wildcat09 said:

I guess if there's a school shooting only the people in the classroom being shot up have the right to try to stop the shooter? Is that your take?

Again, this implies that Kyle was going around shooting indiscriminately, which is demonstrably false.

• Fuck You 1

2 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

I think they need to have a reasonable belief that when attacking KR with deadly weapons that it was necessary to defend themselves or others.  A guy who is running away from a crowd that is trying to kill him and tells you he is going to the police while not pointing his gun at you or shooting you or anyone else at the time is probably not your best self defense argument. 

Maybe you can sell it was necessary.  The jury will be told the initial shooting was self defense, so good luck with trying to say shooting someone who did not break the law was necessary to prevent your death or serious bodily injury.

• Fuck You 1

34 minutes ago, mchookem said:

maybe? i doubt it. there's no racial component and gun hardon action in general doesn't provoke much actual reaction in this country. 

now, the Ahmed Aubrey case OTOH...😐

If the GA rednecks who murdered Aubrey get off, the entire country might go up in flames.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

16 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

If the skateboarder gets the death blow in before KR, is it then his free pass to walk on self defense ?

I would think so. The law seems to encourage the Thunderdome principle of "Two men enter, one man leaves."

I doubt the same leniency is applied to situations that escalate in blood feuds like gang fights and hill billy shotgun marriages. Randos killing each other are acceptable because it isn't likely to escalate to crips and bloods or Hatfield and McCoys level of violence.

2 minutes ago, Skipper said:

The fact that the right is celebrating and the left is pissed off represents everything wrong with this country.  I bet the loudest voices on both sides didn't watch a damn second of this trial.  

Given the way the trial went, that is probably the right verdict.  But it completely ignores the fact that Rittenhouse really had no fucking business being there.  His decision to carry escalated the situation.  He is an idiot.  

What is pissing most of us off is the absolutely worship of this absolute idiot by folks on the right.  What we have seen is that a number of people ON THIS BOARD are ok killing people indiscriminately IF they are on the other team. 

• Hook 'Em 5
  • Like 1
  • Rage+1 1

Just now, F250 said:

I would think so. The law seems to encourage the Thunderdome principle of "Two men enter, one man leaves."

I doubt the same leniency is applied to situations that escalate in blood feuds like gang fights and hill billy shotgun marriages. Randos killing each other are acceptable because it isn't likely to escalate to crips and bloods or Hatfield and McCoys level of violence.

well kr had already shot one person, skate boarder feared for his life 

Just now, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Given the way the trial went, that is probably the right verdict.  But it completely ignores the fact that Rittenhouse really had no fucking business being there.  His decision to carry escalated the situation.  He is an idiot.  

What is pissing most of us off is the absolutely worship of this absolute idiot by folks on the right.  What we have seen is that a number of people ON THIS BOARD are ok killing people indiscriminately IF they are on the other team. 

False idols 

• Hook 'Em 2

8 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:

I think they need to have a reasonable belief that when attacking KR with deadly weapons that it was necessary to defend themselves or others.  A guy who is running away from a crowd that is trying to kill him and tells you he is going to the police while not pointing his gun at you or shooting you or anyone else at the time is probably not your best self defense argument. 

Maybe you can sell it was necessary.  The jury will be told the initial shooting was self defense, so good luck with trying to say shooting someone who did not break the law was necessary to prevent your death or serious bodily injury.

It sounds to me like you acknowledge that it's a fact issue for a jury to determine.

• Hook 'Em 1

1 minute ago, PenelopeWitherspoon said:

Of course he is an idiot.  And if there was a law against bad judgment or open carry, etc. that was broken he would have been guilty.  But that wasn't what he was on trial for.   

My entire twitter timeline (which is mainly sports and anything non sports leans left) is full of absolutely fucking idiotic hot takes.  The media narrative on this case and lack of 99% of this country to think critically is a big fucking problem.  So yes, fuck the left for fanning flames and trying to make this into something it isn't.  And fuck the right for celebrating this douchebag as some hero.  Both "sides" are pure garbage.  

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1