Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

Reese Bennett

48 minutes ago, closetojumping said:

This is a harmless 16 year old child just having fun and not a total fucking prima donna that runs his mouth and talks shit constantly that will go to the highest bidder because his dad is super nice. 

This is a harmless 16 year old child just having fun and not a total fucking prima donna that runs his mouth and talks shit constantly that will go to the highest bidder because his dad is super nice. 

Seriously, tuck in your string...your crazy is showing.  I don’t understand how you can be so emotional and worked up over a 16 year year old soon to be junior in HS and what he tweets.  What’s funny is you troll people here and act like a so called “Adult” total fucking prima donna.  So go ahead and jump.  No gives a fuck or will miss your bruised pussy rants 

• Like 7
  • Haha 1

37 minutes ago, Harvdog said:

Seriously, tuck in your string...your crazy is showing.  I don’t understand how you can be so emotional and worked up over a 16 year year old soon to be junior in HS and what he tweets.  What’s funny is you troll people here and act like a so called “Adult” total fucking prima donna.  So go ahead and jump.  No gives a fuck or will miss your bruised pussy rants 

Thank you for responding, Harvdog. I needed that this morning. 

IT

UNBAR THE KATY DOOR

This time last week we knew Katy Tompkins' Jalen Milroe was committed, but we weren't sure of the immediate recruiting impact. We figured it would cause a stir, but we didn't think it would net four-star Katy Taylor offensive lineman Hayden Conner so quickly.

While we're still trying to understand how big landing Milroe is outside of his immediate sphere, let's take a look at how he helps the Texas staff recruit the cultural epicenter of Southeast Texas that is Katy.

Hayden Conner: I caught up with Conner after the smoke cleared from his announcement. He told me much of what was written elsewhere plus a little more.

- Conner was to visit Michigan this weekend and then make his final decision. He had already moved his timeline up by a few months before he knew Milroe was committed. Originally he was going to decide after the season.

- A&M wasn't in his top-two. It's become commonplace to assume Katy talent will automatically end up in College Station, but it shouldn't be so. We saw this with Moro Ojomo and there are plenty who think Milroe's teammate, Tunmise Adeleye, will continue wearing maroon after high school. It's time to stop assuming these things and actually get to know the individual players and their preferences (we'll do that with Bryce Foster in a minute).

- Texas was the favorite for Conner before Milroe committed. We'd heard that in his downtime Conner could be found in the school library studying various aerospace programs. His desire to be a rocket scientist wasn't lip service. His visit with Dr. Moriba Jah played as big of a role in his decision as anything else. He likes Coach Hand but becomes just as animated when discussing Dr. Jah. "What set Texas apart was the variety of the aerospace department. Dr. Jah created an app so you can track everything that's orbiting Earth. Another is working on space suits for Mars."

- Obviously Texas football did a fine job of recruiting Conner but it doesn't seem like he was as obsessed with the minor details of the program as much as academics. I don't get a sense he cares if he's a guard or a tackle. I'm sure he prefers tackle and will start off there, but if he needs to go inside then no big deal.

- Milroe kept the Michigan trip from happening. That was his pull. Conner was already leaning to Texas and landing Milroe put the Horns over the top.

Now instead of Milroe working on Hayden Conner and Bryce Foster, you have Milroe and Conner working on Foster.

Bryce Foster: We caught up with someone in the know on Foster and generally worked a lot on this one behind the scenes this week. The two-sport star will visit Oregon football and Nike track this weekend. I'm sure Mario Cristobal will make a fine pitch, and Foster will be in awe of the amenities in Eugene, but I don't see him going that far from home. I don't want to speak for Bryce, but I get the sense this is a two school race and this time A&M is one of them.

- This person was surprised Jalen committed to Texas but not Hayden and mentioned Jalen is a persuasive recruiter.

- While Conner had academics as a priority to figure out, Bryce needs to get a good feeling for track and field programs as well as football.

- Texas is in a good spot and always has been. He's been a UT fan since the 1st grade. He loves Coach Hand. Perhaps no other lineman Hand has recruited is more fond of him. Foster himself is very open about how much he likes Coach Hand.

- Herman never had an issue with Foster throwing but the Fosters gained clarity on that two weeks ago. As far as I know they have yet to talk to Texas track and field but that will likely change soon. Bryce has made it clear to all schools he wants to participate in both sports.

- Bryce's mother is an Aggie and his brother was a PWO for A&M but from what I hear neither is pushing their school and have told him to choose the school he likes best. Foster has other family members that are big UT fans. I think anyone assuming he's going to A&M because of his mother and brother are off base.

- Is there a Milroe impact? It remains to be seen, but the Fosters love Jalen and knew this group of kids were destined for big things when they were in the 6th grade together. The Fosters view Milroe as a natural born leader.

- I don't get the sense Foster will make a decision based on where his friends are going, but if he makes a pros and cons list and things are tied, you'd rather be the school that signed two of his friends.

This could very well be one that Hand wins straight up. While OT seems set on the depth chart, especially after the presumable 2021 class, there are snaps available for an immediate impact guard. Texas track and field has the reigning NCAA shot put champion as well.

The optimism for the Aggie side seems to be the family ties and I'm not sure what else besides the SEC yada yada yada. If what I'm hearing is accurate, that the family isn't going to directly influence the decision (there's always the chance they do so indirectly), then it's hard not to feel good about UT's chances.

Let's hypothetically say UT lands Foster to go along with Milroe and Conner. Now you have three working on Adeleye.

Tunmise Adeleye: The path to land Adeleye is both easier and harder than the others. If Texas wins big this year, in a way where it doesn't need to be said they're back, then I'd pick the Horns. Sure, you still have Bama and Ohio State to beat, and maybe A&M, but I'd like the Horns in that scenario. But if they go 10-4 and are kinda back, then it becomes much more difficult.

- Adeleye wants to go to the NFL. He sees Bama as a conveyor belt from high school to a pro town. If he goes there and works hard, he's probably right. He likes Ohio State for similar reasons.

- I think with A&M, he's a bit like his friend Princely Umanmielen. A&M has Von Miller and Myles Garrett doing big things in the NFL, but like Umanmielen, Adeleye is nothing like those two. Alabama is a better fit for his skill-set, and so too is Texas. He doesn't see it that way with Texas, though.

- Lack of NFL draft picks on the defensive line is hurting UT. They haven't had high-end talent to put in the league, but they've done well with what they have had. Charles Omeniu was a 5th round draft pick. That's not bad, especially if you saw how far he came. He was 220 scrawny pounds and played his best football very late in his career, just as he should have. That should be a major positive, but it isn't seen that way. Not only does the team need to win, but the d-line needs to produce.

- Hello Malcolm Roach. Roach is finally in the position he was destined for. Adeleye isn't the biggest guy at 6-foot-3, 250 pounds, but he has a big frame that will carry 285 with ease. I'm not sure he has the same amount of bounce Roach had either, but he has good movement skills. If Roach has a breakout and Texas wins, then this recruitment gets very interesting, especially when factoring for having Milroe in the class.

- Texas has academics on its side, at least when it comes to Adeleye's father. I think Texas is going to win this year (11-2) and I think Roach will have a good season. I'm not predicting Texas to land Adeleye but I'm predicting it will get quite interesting.

STARS AT NIGHT

One night every summer the Texas Football staff hosts the Stars at Night camp underneath the lights of Darrel K Royal-Memorial Stadium. Family and friends are always welcome, and it’s a nice recruiting boost coming off the dead period, before it gets real on August 2nd. There is still the potential for a few more fireworks before July ends.

This is an interesting list because many are priorities with a strong likelihood of ending up at Texas.

QB Jalen Milroe, Tompkins (Katy, TX) - TEXAS: Who knew that the 6-foot-3 righty would move the needle like this for UT?

RB Brandon Campbell, Pearland High (Pearland, TX): I remember the last time a small-ish, quick tailback came out of Pearland and played at Texas. Fozzy Whitaker is still drawing an NFL check. Campbell might want to use those quick feet to fall in Whitaker's footsteps. Perhaps soon.

WR JoJo Earle, Aledo (Aledo, TX): It's nice when your scheme is as good as it gets for a top talent. Earle could be a smaller version of Jake Smith in that he's both a vertical and horizontal H. You can run him on real routes to threaten all three levels or give him gadget looks. My guy at South Oak Cliff, the one who won't quite sign off on Quaydarius Davis yet, loves JoJo Earle.

WR Theodore Knox, The Woodlands (The Woodlands, TX): The transfer from Baton Rouge (LA) is new to Texas, and vice versa.

WR Latrell Neville, Fort Bend Hightower (Missouri City, TX): Neville could be incredible at the next level, but some schools are wanting to see more explosiveness and production. Good size and natural movement ability are there. He's a less explosive Elijah Higgins, or Elijah Higgins?

TE Juan Davis, Everman (Everman, TX): Tight end, but not in the conventional mold. More LJ Humphrey, but with potential to add thickness and strength. He loves Texas. If UT could snag him, Derek Warehime might get a cigar and sit in the hot tub, Jason Brown style. Davis is another one of those players UT identified early. When they know what they want early on they often get their man. I had a fun conversation with a recruit about Davis. I was telling the recruit that Davis doesn't follow football, just plays it. "You need guys like that on your team. They don't get scared. They don't know who is supposed to be good, they just show up and play their game."

TE Lake McRee, Lake Travis (Austin, TX) - TEXAS: The kid down the road decided recently his recruitment was finished. I hear he likes graphic design.

OL Hayden Conner, Taylor (Katy, TX) - TEXAS: I imagine Conner’s workout music starts with Danny Elfman’s Weird Science. It's good to hear Conner wants to help recruit. I would have thought he'd sink back into his books but let him handle nerd out-reach. First up, Donovan Jackson! Greetings Donovan, it is I, your chum Hayden...and so on and so forth.

LB Derrick Harris Jr., New Caney (New Caney, TX): The priority linebacker will visit Saturday after taking in A&M on Friday. Moments after Hayden Conner committed he told me Texas is going to have the best class in 2021. Harris will make a decision sometime between after the season and next summer. The current Texas class will make him a priority.

CB Ishmael Ibraheem, Kimball (Dallas, TX): One of my favorite prospects in 2021, the Dallas product was piling up offers when Texas called. Glad they did, because he’s interested and might be the top corner in-state. Ibraheem has loose hips and quick feet. Texas identified him early and is all in.

S JD Coffey III, Kennedale (Kennedale, TX): The best thing about the best safety in Texas for 2021 is that he likes the Longhorns. Coach Naivar has made him a priority and Coffey is grateful. He might not say it, but Texas leads. Expect Coffey to receive a lot of attention from coaches and fellow recruits. He's a big-time priority. As a player he's in the mold of Jerrin Thompson but has some of Xavion Alford's ball-hawking skills. Nice combo, would watch.

ATH Billy Bowman, Ryan (Denton, TX): Plays like a missile shot out of a cannon with its hair on fire. Bowman is a three-phase player who likely ends up at nickel long-term. At only 5-10, he'll have to pack on some muscle but that'll be easy. What's most important is it seems he has the temperament for it. His floor is slot receiver. Bowman is one of the more popular players in the state and UT is in a good shot.

— Speaking of elite running backs, 2021 Lakeview Centennial's Camar Wheaton has has had a pretty quiet recruitment. That’s just his personality. Texas still looks good here and I wouldn’t be surprised if he visited soon. With targets like LJ Johnson and Brandon Campbell giving UT hard looks, this position might get interesting in the next month.

— This weekend could be fun. There’s a little buzz in Austin and the timing of Stars at Night aligns well with that momentum. 2021 might be outgrowing 2020’s haul. Recruiting is truly crazy.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, BigBenBamboozle said:

Harvdog sure is closetohumping. 

Not even close. We are talking about kids who aren’t even Juniors in HS. Let that sink in. Probably been driving for less than 6 months. Was playing Pokémon a couple of years ago. Let him enjoy the process. If he chooses Alabama, so be it. If he chooses us, great. But he’s 2 years from stepping foot on a practice field wearing the burnt orange. So just relax and let them be 16 year old boys. 

OB War Room

After Hayden Conner committed to Texas on Tuesday morning and mentioned that a big part of the reason he made a move was because he wanted to play with Jalen Milroe, I followed up with Milroe to talk about his role as a recruiter for the Longhorns.

The dual-threat QB has already been working on several guys behind the scenes, and he’s made some pretty impressive progress. Milroe is confident he and the other guys can get Texas to a top-ranked recruiting class.

“I committed and I think we were ranked No. 11 (in the team recruiting rankings). Then went to No. 4. once Hayden committed. I’ve got a couple more I’m trying to get to commit, trying to get it to No 1,” Milroe said.

Conner’s decision came as a surprise to most (including yours truly) and Milroe said he didn’t find out until Monday, when Conner informed him of the news and the two set up a time to hook up so Milroe could make an appearance in Conner’s commitment video.

“Hayden and I are really good friends. I grew up playing against him, then was able to join teams with him in sixth and seventh grade. He actually played tight end at the time,” Milroe said. “What I like about Hayden, he’s family-oriented, open, if you need anything from Hayden, he’s going to do anything in his power to help you.

“Ever since we were younger, we were thinking we should play together in college. We thought about it, talked about it, he made a decision. What school was best for him was best for me. We both found a home at Texas.”

Milroe on his decision to give Texas such an early commitment …

“Throughout the recruiting process, the University of Texas was one of schools that communicated with me the most. When I discussed it with my family, they were most consistent, I felt like my future on and off the field was a priority for them. When I talked to coach (Tim) Beck, I liked how genuine he is. I liked how he communicated with me. I talked to Bryan Carrington, the Director of Recruiting for Texas. I also went to the Heat Wave, talked to some players like David Gbenda, found out what made his decision for Texas. He had that same type of deal why we chose Texas, so hearing that from another person, I just like the program. I’m happy to be a part of it.”

Milroe is a bit of a student of recruiting, and he noted how things move quickly at the quarterback position with programs like Oklahoma, Alabama, Michigan and Texas A&M already having commitments in the 2021 class. He said once he found that comfort level with Texas, he found no reason to wait around.

“I see how much it’s evolving, how much the recruiting process is shutting down with certain positions,” Milroe said. “Just finding that home, I feel like quarterbacks are now are defined. That’s what I feel I found at Texas, a home.”

One of the top players planning to visit this weekend is 2021 Rivals100 receiver Latrell Neville. The Houston Hightower product had originally planned to visit Oklahoma but changed his plans this week, in large part due to the commitment of Milroe. Neville has been a regular visitor to the UT campus over the last year and said this week’s visit will be more about connecting with some of the other players who will be on campus.

“Honestly, I’ve seen everything I need to see. I know what they have to provide,” Neville said. “Really I’m just taking some time this weekend to bond with the commits, like Hudson Card, Jalen Milroe, spend some time with my boy Quay Davis.” (Note, Card is not planning to be at the camp on Friday.)

Neville is well aware of the recent recruiting momentum in the Houston area that Texas as established in the 2021 recruiting class, and he doesn’t mind admitting he’s thought about how he could factor into that success.

“I’ve actually been paying a lot of attention to it. I feel like they‘ll have the number one 2021 offensive class,” Neville said. “It’s something I definitely might want to be a part of.”

Originally, Neville had planned to commit on September 15, his late father’s birthday. He said this week that he may move things up and commit on or around August 3.

“Honestly, I don’t think people understand, most of us are 15, 16 years old. It’s a lot to take in,” Neville said. “Why waste time when you know where you want to go? Most importantly, I want to get it over with where I can focus on building a class and winning a state champ with my team.”

Neville had released a top-10 earlier this month, but said this week he’s down to LSU, Texas and Oklahoma.

Another key 2021 player to watch this week is running back Brandon Campbell, who will also be in town for the Stars at Night camp. The Longhorns offered the Pearland standout last month, and Campbell said he’s looking forward to getting a better feel for where he stands when he visits this weekend.

“I’m just hoping to see coach Drayton, really just build my relationship with the Texas staff,” Campbell said. “I want to do my due diligence on the school. I just want to build my relationship so down the line I can have a better idea, a better understanding if they’re really high on me or if I’m really high on their board.”

If he does feel the Longhorns are making him a priority, this one looks good for Texas.

“Texas is really high on my schools. I talk to Jalen (Milroe) and Hayden (Conner), been talking a lot. They’ve been pushing me, they know that’s my childhood favorite school,” Campbell said. “We’ve been in communication, I’ve been communicating with the staff. (Drayton) wants me to get down there, and I haven’t toured the campus really. I went to the spring game, the USC game, camped my freshman year, but I’ve never really visited the campus. I’m going to be up there Friday and Saturday.”

Texas has an ally in this one in former Longhorn running back Fozzy Whittaker. Campbell said he and Whittaker talk daily, and Fozzy is always there to offer up some words of wisdom.

“He just tells me it’s a good place, tells me they take care of you, the program is top-notch, the education is top-notch. You can’t really beat it,” Campbell said. “He tells me to take my time, make sure to make the right decision. He just gives good info, not being biased. But he said if I do go there, he could look out for me, take me under his wing, help me develop as player and person.”

The message from Drayton …

“He just tells me I can be very dynamic in their offense, use me in a bunch of was, not just running. I can catch, show how diverse I am,” Campbell said. “He’s going to help mold me into the player I can be. He’s going to help me be great like I want to be, help me with my game.”

Like Neville, Campbell said he’s very aware of Texas’ recent recruiting success in the 2021 class.

“It’s something I’m aware of. I knew it was going to happen, knew Jalen was going to make his commitment. Me, Jalen and Hayden are really close,” Campbell said. “I knew it was going to happen before school started. With Hayden, he’s big on aerospace engineering. It’s more than just football. We’ve talked about it. We have a group text thing. Jalen is leading the charge now, is on us harder than ever.”

The idea of Campbell and Milroe playing together in college is something that’s been discussed for a while, including with the UT coaches.

“Before me and Jalen got the offer … coach Beck asked him if he could play with any running back in your class, who would you want to play with. Jalen told him me. Then when I worked out, got the offer, he asked who I would want to be my quarterback, and I told him Jalen. We didn’t know until after the fact that we both said each other,” Campbell said. “(Now) Jalen just tells me he wants me there with him because he’s confident in what I can do, confident in what he can do.”

Campbell on what makes Milroe such an influential prospect with his peers.

Jalen, he’s a vocal leader. He stays on you, and everybody can appreciate someone being hard on you because he cares about his teammates,” Campbell said. “He’s a leader and is just a winner. Everyone respects that about him. He’s well-spoken, you can’t really say anything bad about him. He’s a good guy all around.”

Reminder … the Longhorns’ annual Stars At Night Camp will take place on Friday night (for a list of some of the top confirmed attendees, click here).

We’ll have coverage of some of the top participants after the camp ends and throughout the weekend.

(Ketch)

With the release of the Lone Star Recruiting 2021 Top 100 list on Thursday, I thought everyone might enjoy a snapshot at how things currently shape up for the top 25 kids on the list.

This should make you smile. Enjoy.

1. Tommy Brockermeyer (OL - Fort Worth All Saints)

Has Texas offered: Yes

Where UT Stands: You can't ever take anything for granted in life, not even Brockermeyer's future commitment to Texas, but his dad is a former All-American, his older brother is already in the Texas program (should have eligibility through 2022) and he'll be able to play with his bother James (No.39 on the 2021 LSR list) if he desires to do so. Yes, Alabama and Clemson lurk as viable foes, but it would be an outright disaster if the Longhorns fail to land Brockermeyer, who might rank as the best offensive line prospect from Texas in the last 25 years.

2. Savion Byrd (OL - Duncanville)

Where UT Stands: Byrd isn't a kid running to any microphone that he can find, but in a recent interview with Orangebloods following the Texas Heat Wave event, he indicated that the vibe he's feeling with the Longhorns is on another level from the other schools that are recruiting him. Considering his quarterback at Duncanville is Ja'Quinden Jackson, almost everyone in the industry would tell you that signs are pointing to Texas at this point.

For those that might not remember the note in @Alex Dunlap's report last month, here's how it went:

Byrd said that the overwhelming vibe he gets from OL Coach Herb Hand and the entire Texas staff is 'just open arms, like, you're welcome here.'

I asked if that was the same vibe he was getting from the other schools who are recruiting him and he said, 'Not really, no.'

3. Camar Wheaton (RB - Garland Lakeview Centennial)

Where UT Stands: It'll be interesting to see what kind of unintended impact the recruitment of Zach Evans has on Wheaton because they share many of the same favorite schools. After visiting Texas and Alabama this summer, it could be the Tide that emerge as the biggest hurdle for the Longhorns in Wheaton's recruitment when it's all said and done. Should the Longhorns strike out on all of the high-end backs in the 2020 class, it could prove to be very fruitful in the pursuit of Wheaton. Oklahoma and Georgia are the two others to keep an eye on.

Here's a look at what he told Rivals.com about his top schools last month:

On Alabama: "Well, they offered me when I went out there. They have a good training facility. I've been to many colleges and the coaches there, the training facilities there ... it isn't close. It's so good. I like how they take care of their players. Everything (on that visit) was great, the pool, the indoor pools, where the players can work out. In the locker room, it was just different. It's not like everyone else's. It felt like a dream talking to Coach (NickSaban."

On Georgia: "I haven't visited Georgia, but when I first got the offer I was so excited. The running backs coach (Dell McGee) came by and I got to meet him and it was cool. They have such a good past history of running backs and that really matters to me."

On Texas: "It was good (visiting Texas). They were showing me a lot of love on that visit and everybody was shaking my hand. I really that they didn't let a coach pass by me without them speaking to me. That was a good feeling."

On Oklahoma: "I was surprised (when I got offered). At first, I didn't even know there was a difference between Oklahoma and Oklahoma State, but when I found out I was really happy. When I realized it was Oklahoma, I was happy. Oklahoma, right now, is recruiting at a way higher level."

4. Preston Stone (QB - Dallas Parish)

Where UT Stands: A week ago, most would have forecasted Stone as a possible Texas commitment, but the Longhorns are out of the mix after the commitment from Jalen Milroe this week. Coupled with A&M having already landed its quarterback for the 2021 class and the fact that Oklahoma hasn't offered Stone, we're probably looking at a recruitment that is very much a work in progress.

5. Tunmise Adeleye (DE - Katy Tompkins)

Where UT Stands: Adeleye called Ohio State his "dream school" earlier this year, while also listing Alabama as his leader earlier this summer, but the fact that he's visited Austin already a couple of times this year and there's been discussion that he'd like to attend the same school as high school teammate (and current Texas commit Jalen Milroe), makes the Longhorns a potential betting favorite. It'll be a battle to land his signature, but the Longhorns have some built-in advantages that the competition won't have.

6. Ja'Tavion Sanders (DE - Denton Ryan)

Where UT Stands: Of all the top prospects in the state, I'm not sure any have kept a lower profile than Sanders, who averages a Tweet about once every two months and has been almost impossible to catch for an interview over the course of the last few months. One of his last public moments was back in May when he reported a "dream offer" from Alabama after talking to Nick Saban. The Longhorns have offered and are in the race, but I'm not sure I have a great feel yet for the proper betting odds. Stay tuned.

7. Jalen Milroe (QB - Katy Tompkins)

Has Texas offered: Yes (Committed to Texas)

Where UT Stands: The Longhorns landed its quarterback in Milroe this week and perhaps its Pied Piper for the 2021 class in the process.

8. Landon Jackson (DE - Texarkana Pleasant Grove)

Where UT Stands: This has Longhorns vs. Aggies written all over it. A lot of people in the Texarkana region are confident in Texas' chances, but it's hard to ignore that he's scheduled to visit Texas A&M for the third time in 10 weeks this weekend when the Aggies host its Pool Party. The Longhorns really need to get him on campus again.

9. Bryce Foster (OL - Katy Taylor)

Where UT Stands: This looks like another Longhorns vs. Aggies battle royal in the making. Texas A&M is generally considered the betting favorite because of his family's connections to the school (Mom is an A&M grad), but the Longhorns seem to have some momentum going in his recruitment and it won't hurt that the Longhorns have a commitment from teammate Hayden Conner and cross-town friend Jalen Milroe. It's going to take a lot of work to pull this off, but it's not Mission Impossible.

10. Clayton Smith (LB - Texarkana Texas High)

Where UT Stands: The Longhorns are the early betting favorite, as Tom Herman and his staff have done the best job of establishing a relationship, according to Smith in an interview on Rivals yesterday. Texas A&M and LSU appear to be the primary competition, but there's no question the Longhorns have done great early work. Here's a look at what Smith said about his top schools in his interview with Rivals.

On LSU camp: "It's different. It was a different feeling, a different environment and I loved it. It was really nice. I got to meet Coach (Ed) Orgeron and his voice -- it's crazy. It's nice up there. It really is."

On Texas: "Texas is the same as always. I love it down there and it feels like home to me. With the coaches, it's a good place to be. I camped at SMU and they (Texas) came to see me there. They had already been recruiting me for a while, so I knew it was coming. My fit in their defense would be as a B-backer. Coach (Todd) Orlando and I discussed it."

On Texas A&M interest: "Texas A&M is real nice. It's real nice. The campus is crazy. My relationship with the coaches is still growing, so hopefully, I can get that offer real soon. They just want to build that relationship up a bit more."

On upcoming visit to Arkansas: "I hadn't been up there yet, so I plan on going real soon. I've got a good relationship with Coach (Jeff) Traylor, so I'm looking for to it. Coach Traylor, I really like him and he's always telling me to come visit."

11. Hayden Conner (OL - Katy Taylor )

Has Texas offered: (Yes - Texas commitment)

Where UT Stands: Conner committed earlier this week, an event that caught the attention of a number of key Texas targets based on social media activity.

12. Quay Davis (WR - Dallas Skyline)

Where UT Stands: The state's current top-rated wide receiver prospect in the 2021 class was the first 2021 commitment for Herman and Co.

13. Donovan Jackson (OL - Houston Episcopal)

Where UT Stands: Texas is absolutely in the mix with the likes of Texas A&M, Oklahoma, Alabama and Ohio State, but the hand to hand combat to sign Jackson might be as intense as any recruitment in the state. On top of that, there was a feeling in Atlanta last month that Stanford is going to be really tough to beat if he ends up taking an official visit, partly because both of his parents are educators. The betting favorite is probably A&M at this point, but I think we're still in the "anything can still happen" stage of his recruitment based on the fact that he's a guy that is doing a lot of due diligence.

14. Billy Bowman (Ath - Denton Ryan)

Where UT Stands: The vibe from Rivals analyst Sam Spiegelman after talking with Bowman last weekend at the Prime 21 Camp in Arlington was that Texas and Alabama (offered) are the two schools standing out. Well, the Longhorns have a chance to reenforce its position at the top of his recruitment when he visits Austin this weekend.

15. Derrick Harris (LB - New Caney)

Where UT Stands: Harris' stock has really taken off this summer (Texas offered June 15th) and he seems like a kid that will look to stay close to home. While Texas A&M has made a big impression on him in the last few weeks, there's a feeling that the Longhorns are the early favorite and with him being in Austin this weekend, Herman and his staff will have a chance to reenforce its position at the top of his recruitment

16. Jaeden Roberts (OL - North Shore)

Where UT Stands: The Kansas transplant seems to have an awesome relationship with the Kansas State coaches, but as his recruitment starts to really take off, it's hard not to wonder if he's going to simply be too big-time for the Wildcats. After camping at Texas A&M and LSU in June, it's been kind of quiet on the Roberts front. The Longhorns haven't appeared to be a huge factor in his recruitment at this point, which means A&M and LSU could be the primary two to watch moving forward.

17. Latrell McCutchin (CB - Austin LBJ)

Has Texas offered: Yes (Alabama commitment)

Where UT Stands: McCutchin barely waited a day after camping at Alabama in June before jumping on his offer and giving a verbal pledge to the Crimson Tide. Although things have been very quiet on the McCutchin front since his commitment, you'd have to think that his recruitment might have some twists yet to come, especially since he lives about 15 minutes from the Texas campus. Maybe he'll never look back now that he's committed, but a lot of recent history shows that there's a very likely chance that his recruitment isn't over.

18. Eli Stowers (QB - Denton Guyer)

Has Texas offered: No (Texas A&M commitment)

Where UT Stands: The Longhorns prioritized other quarterback targets in this class over Stowers, who has committed to Jimbo Fisher and the Aggies. In a huge year for talent in Denton, it'll be interesting to see if Stowers can have the same impact in his neighborhood as Jalen Milroe seems to be having in his.

19. Shadrach Banks (WR - North Shore)

Where UT Stands: Banks is scheduled to announce his commitment in August 1st and almost everyone in the industry seems to believe he's going to be an Aggie. That being said, Banks visited LSU today, is scheduled to visit A&M on . Friday and will head to Georgia for the first time on Saturday.

20. Latrell Neville (WR - FB Hightower)

Where UT Stands: Oklahoma and LSU have both done a good job of catching Neville's attention this summer, but with Neville headed to Austin this weekend and an announcement scheduled shortly thereafter, this thing is feeling more and more like a burnt orange party.

21. Marcus Burris (DT - Texarkana Pleasant Grove)

Where UT Stands: Burris hasn't really jumped head first into the recruiting scene like so many of his contemporaries, but when the Longhorns offered him in June, it represented a big moment in his recruitment, especially after he visited unofficially a couple of times earlier in 2019. You'd expect all of the regional powers to do everything they can to lure Burris away from Austin, but the Longhorns figure to be central to his recruitment.

22. Kendrick Blackshire (LB - Duncanville)

Where UT Stands: Yet another Duncanville player that the Longhorns are all-in for, Blackshire was going to commit in the next few weeks, but he's postponed making a decision for the rest of the year. He's expected to visit A&M this weekend, while he's expected to visit Alabama and Oklahoma in the near future. Don't worry Texas fans, he's scheduled to be in Austin again for the LSU game in September. He claims that he already knows who his top two schools are going to be and there's a good bet Texas is in that top two.

Here's a look at what he said of his favorites for days ago in an interview with Rivals:

On commitment timeline: "I'll be making a decision next year, but I already know the schools ... I already know my top two. My mom told me there's no reason to rush, to take y time. It's a 40-year investment into my future, so she wants to make a decision and think it through."

On Texas: "I love Texas. Me and Coach (Todd) Orlando talk all the time. I text him and call him. If I text him, he'll like and then I'll call him. We have a very close relationship, he tells me where he thinks I fit in the defense, where he sees me in the future within the Texas program and it sounds very intriguing, but we'll see."

On Alabama: "That's my guy (Pete Golding). It's been fun. I've been having fun with 'Bama, They've been showing me made love. I talk to Nick Saban all the time. We have a very good relationship. Sometimes, I can't believe I'm talking to him. It's kind of amazing that I'm talking to him. His knowledge of football and what he tells me. It's shocking and I'm very humbled by it. I know everything is going to fall into place."

On LSU: "I was so tired (at camp), but I had a good camp. It was a good experience. I don't really camp like that but I had a good experience, a good time. Me and Coach (Dave) Aranda, we kicked it, talked over film and football, talked about where he sees me in the defense, and it was good."

On Oklahoma: "Me and Coach (Alex) Grinch we talk all the time. Coach (Brian) Odum, over there, we talk all the time. I'm going to the barbecue."

23. https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2021/reuben-fatheree-ii-202499']Reuben Fatheree II (OL - Richmond Foster)[/URL]

Where UT Stands: Fatheree has visited Texas a couple of times this year, including the spring game, but things seem to be fairly quiet on that front. If there's an early team to beat, it's probably Texas A&M. In fact, that's probably a safe wager.

24. J.D. Coffey (DB - Kennedale)

Where UT Stands: The Longhorns have emerged as the betting favorite in his recruitment after offering in June. Coffer is expected to be in Austin this weekend on an unofficial visit. Things are looking very good.

25. Dametrious Crownover (DE - Grandview)

Has Texas offered: No

Where UT Stands: 
The Longhorns aren't really involveed with the small-town star at this point.

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Scholz said:

OB War Room

Reveal hidden contents

After Hayden Conner committed to Texas on Tuesday morning and mentioned that a big part of the reason he made a move was because he wanted to play with Jalen Milroe, I followed up with Milroe to talk about his role as a recruiter for the Longhorns.

The dual-threat QB has already been working on several guys behind the scenes, and he’s made some pretty impressive progress. Milroe is confident he and the other guys can get Texas to a top-ranked recruiting class.

“I committed and I think we were ranked No. 11 (in the team recruiting rankings). Then went to No. 4. once Hayden committed. I’ve got a couple more I’m trying to get to commit, trying to get it to No 1,” Milroe said.

Conner’s decision came as a surprise to most (including yours truly) and Milroe said he didn’t find out until Monday, when Conner informed him of the news and the two set up a time to hook up so Milroe could make an appearance in Conner’s commitment video.

“Hayden and I are really good friends. I grew up playing against him, then was able to join teams with him in sixth and seventh grade. He actually played tight end at the time,” Milroe said. “What I like about Hayden, he’s family-oriented, open, if you need anything from Hayden, he’s going to do anything in his power to help you.

“Ever since we were younger, we were thinking we should play together in college. We thought about it, talked about it, he made a decision. What school was best for him was best for me. We both found a home at Texas.”

Milroe on his decision to give Texas such an early commitment …

“Throughout the recruiting process, the University of Texas was one of schools that communicated with me the most. When I discussed it with my family, they were most consistent, I felt like my future on and off the field was a priority for them. When I talked to coach (Tim) Beck, I liked how genuine he is. I liked how he communicated with me. I talked to Bryan Carrington, the Director of Recruiting for Texas. I also went to the Heat Wave, talked to some players like David Gbenda, found out what made his decision for Texas. He had that same type of deal why we chose Texas, so hearing that from another person, I just like the program. I’m happy to be a part of it.”

Milroe is a bit of a student of recruiting, and he noted how things move quickly at the quarterback position with programs like Oklahoma, Alabama, Michigan and Texas A&M already having commitments in the 2021 class. He said once he found that comfort level with Texas, he found no reason to wait around.

“I see how much it’s evolving, how much the recruiting process is shutting down with certain positions,” Milroe said. “Just finding that home, I feel like quarterbacks are now are defined. That’s what I feel I found at Texas, a home.”

One of the top players planning to visit this weekend is 2021 Rivals100 receiver Latrell Neville. The Houston Hightower product had originally planned to visit Oklahoma but changed his plans this week, in large part due to the commitment of Milroe. Neville has been a regular visitor to the UT campus over the last year and said this week’s visit will be more about connecting with some of the other players who will be on campus.

“Honestly, I’ve seen everything I need to see. I know what they have to provide,” Neville said. “Really I’m just taking some time this weekend to bond with the commits, like Hudson Card, Jalen Milroe, spend some time with my boy Quay Davis.” (Note, Card is not planning to be at the camp on Friday.)

Neville is well aware of the recent recruiting momentum in the Houston area that Texas as established in the 2021 recruiting class, and he doesn’t mind admitting he’s thought about how he could factor into that success.

“I’ve actually been paying a lot of attention to it. I feel like they‘ll have the number one 2021 offensive class,” Neville said. “It’s something I definitely might want to be a part of.”

Originally, Neville had planned to commit on September 15, his late father’s birthday. He said this week that he may move things up and commit on or around August 3.

“Honestly, I don’t think people understand, most of us are 15, 16 years old. It’s a lot to take in,” Neville said. “Why waste time when you know where you want to go? Most importantly, I want to get it over with where I can focus on building a class and winning a state champ with my team.”

Neville had released a top-10 earlier this month, but said this week he’s down to LSU, Texas and Oklahoma.

Another key 2021 player to watch this week is running back Brandon Campbell, who will also be in town for the Stars at Night camp. The Longhorns offered the Pearland standout last month, and Campbell said he’s looking forward to getting a better feel for where he stands when he visits this weekend.

“I’m just hoping to see coach Drayton, really just build my relationship with the Texas staff,” Campbell said. “I want to do my due diligence on the school. I just want to build my relationship so down the line I can have a better idea, a better understanding if they’re really high on me or if I’m really high on their board.”

If he does feel the Longhorns are making him a priority, this one looks good for Texas.

“Texas is really high on my schools. I talk to Jalen (Milroe) and Hayden (Conner), been talking a lot. They’ve been pushing me, they know that’s my childhood favorite school,” Campbell said. “We’ve been in communication, I’ve been communicating with the staff. (Drayton) wants me to get down there, and I haven’t toured the campus really. I went to the spring game, the USC game, camped my freshman year, but I’ve never really visited the campus. I’m going to be up there Friday and Saturday.”

Texas has an ally in this one in former Longhorn running back Fozzy Whittaker. Campbell said he and Whittaker talk daily, and Fozzy is always there to offer up some words of wisdom.

“He just tells me it’s a good place, tells me they take care of you, the program is top-notch, the education is top-notch. You can’t really beat it,” Campbell said. “He tells me to take my time, make sure to make the right decision. He just gives good info, not being biased. But he said if I do go there, he could look out for me, take me under his wing, help me develop as player and person.”

The message from Drayton …

“He just tells me I can be very dynamic in their offense, use me in a bunch of was, not just running. I can catch, show how diverse I am,” Campbell said. “He’s going to help mold me into the player I can be. He’s going to help me be great like I want to be, help me with my game.”

Like Neville, Campbell said he’s very aware of Texas’ recent recruiting success in the 2021 class.

“It’s something I’m aware of. I knew it was going to happen, knew Jalen was going to make his commitment. Me, Jalen and Hayden are really close,” Campbell said. “I knew it was going to happen before school started. With Hayden, he’s big on aerospace engineering. It’s more than just football. We’ve talked about it. We have a group text thing. Jalen is leading the charge now, is on us harder than ever.”

The idea of Campbell and Milroe playing together in college is something that’s been discussed for a while, including with the UT coaches.

“Before me and Jalen got the offer … coach Beck asked him if he could play with any running back in your class, who would you want to play with. Jalen told him me. Then when I worked out, got the offer, he asked who I would want to be my quarterback, and I told him Jalen. We didn’t know until after the fact that we both said each other,” Campbell said. “(Now) Jalen just tells me he wants me there with him because he’s confident in what I can do, confident in what he can do.”

Campbell on what makes Milroe such an influential prospect with his peers.

Jalen, he’s a vocal leader. He stays on you, and everybody can appreciate someone being hard on you because he cares about his teammates,” Campbell said. “He’s a leader and is just a winner. Everyone respects that about him. He’s well-spoken, you can’t really say anything bad about him. He’s a good guy all around.”

Reminder … the Longhorns’ annual Stars At Night Camp will take place on Friday night (for a list of some of the top confirmed attendees, click here).

We’ll have coverage of some of the top participants after the camp ends and throughout the weekend.

(Ketch)

With the release of the Lone Star Recruiting 2021 Top 100 list on Thursday, I thought everyone might enjoy a snapshot at how things currently shape up for the top 25 kids on the list.

This should make you smile. Enjoy.

1. Tommy Brockermeyer (OL - Fort Worth All Saints)

Where UT Stands: You can't ever take anything for granted in life, not even Brockermeyer's future commitment to Texas, but his dad is a former All-American, his older brother is already in the Texas program (should have eligibility through 2022) and he'll be able to play with his bother James (No.39 on the 2021 LSR list) if he desires to do so. Yes, Alabama and Clemson lurk as viable foes, but it would be an outright disaster if the Longhorns fail to land Brockermeyer, who might rank as the best offensive line prospect from Texas in the last 25 years.

2. Savion Byrd (OL - Duncanville)

Where UT Stands: Byrd isn't a kid running to any microphone that he can find, but in a recent interview with Orangebloods following the Texas Heat Wave event, he indicated that the vibe he's feeling with the Longhorns is on another level from the other schools that are recruiting him. Considering his quarterback at Duncanville is Ja'Quinden Jackson, almost everyone in the industry would tell you that signs are pointing to Texas at this point.

For those that might not remember the note in @Alex Dunlap's report last month, here's how it went:

Byrd said that the overwhelming vibe he gets from OL Coach Herb Hand and the entire Texas staff is 'just open arms, like, you're welcome here.'

I asked if that was the same vibe he was getting from the other schools who are recruiting him and he said, 'Not really, no.'

3. Camar Wheaton (RB - Garland Lakeview Centennial)

Where UT Stands: It'll be interesting to see what kind of unintended impact the recruitment of Zach Evans has on Wheaton because they share many of the same favorite schools. After visiting Texas and Alabama this summer, it could be the Tide that emerge as the biggest hurdle for the Longhorns in Wheaton's recruitment when it's all said and done. Should the Longhorns strike out on all of the high-end backs in the 2020 class, it could prove to be very fruitful in the pursuit of Wheaton. Oklahoma and Georgia are the two others to keep an eye on.

Here's a look at what he told Rivals.com about his top schools last month:

On Alabama: "Well, they offered me when I went out there. They have a good training facility. I've been to many colleges and the coaches there, the training facilities there ... it isn't close. It's so good. I like how they take care of their players. Everything (on that visit) was great, the pool, the indoor pools, where the players can work out. In the locker room, it was just different. It's not like everyone else's. It felt like a dream talking to Coach (NickSaban."

On Georgia: "I haven't visited Georgia, but when I first got the offer I was so excited. The running backs coach (Dell McGee) came by and I got to meet him and it was cool. They have such a good past history of running backs and that really matters to me."

On Texas: "It was good (visiting Texas). They were showing me a lot of love on that visit and everybody was shaking my hand. I really that they didn't let a coach pass by me without them speaking to me. That was a good feeling."

On Oklahoma: "I was surprised (when I got offered). At first, I didn't even know there was a difference between Oklahoma and Oklahoma State, but when I found out I was really happy. When I realized it was Oklahoma, I was happy. Oklahoma, right now, is recruiting at a way higher level."

4. Preston Stone (QB - Dallas Parish)

Where UT Stands: A week ago, most would have forecasted Stone as a possible Texas commitment, but the Longhorns are out of the mix after the commitment from Jalen Milroe this week. Coupled with A&M having already landed its quarterback for the 2021 class and the fact that Oklahoma hasn't offered Stone, we're probably looking at a recruitment that is very much a work in progress.

5. Tunmise Adeleye (DE - Katy Tompkins)

Where UT Stands: Adeleye called Ohio State his "dream school" earlier this year, while also listing Alabama as his leader earlier this summer, but the fact that he's visited Austin already a couple of times this year and there's been discussion that he'd like to attend the same school as high school teammate (and current Texas commit Jalen Milroe), makes the Longhorns a potential betting favorite. It'll be a battle to land his signature, but the Longhorns have some built-in advantages that the competition won't have.

6. Ja'Tavion Sanders (DE - Denton Ryan)

Where UT Stands: Of all the top prospects in the state, I'm not sure any have kept a lower profile than Sanders, who averages a Tweet about once every two months and has been almost impossible to catch for an interview over the course of the last few months. One of his last public moments was back in May when he reported a "dream offer" from Alabama after talking to Nick Saban. The Longhorns have offered and are in the race, but I'm not sure I have a great feel yet for the proper betting odds. Stay tuned.

7. Jalen Milroe (QB - Katy Tompkins)

Has Texas offered: Yes (Committed to Texas)

Where UT Stands: The Longhorns landed its quarterback in Milroe this week and perhaps its Pied Piper for the 2021 class in the process.

8. Landon Jackson (DE - Texarkana Pleasant Grove)

Where UT Stands: This has Longhorns vs. Aggies written all over it. A lot of people in the Texarkana region are confident in Texas' chances, but it's hard to ignore that he's scheduled to visit Texas A&M for the third time in 10 weeks this weekend when the Aggies host its Pool Party. The Longhorns really need to get him on campus again.

9. Bryce Foster (OL - Katy Taylor)

Where UT Stands: This looks like another Longhorns vs. Aggies battle royal in the making. Texas A&M is generally considered the betting favorite because of his family's connections to the school (Mom is an A&M grad), but the Longhorns seem to have some momentum going in his recruitment and it won't hurt that the Longhorns have a commitment from teammate Hayden Conner and cross-town friend Jalen Milroe. It's going to take a lot of work to pull this off, but it's not Mission Impossible.

10. Clayton Smith (LB - Texarkana Texas High)

Where UT Stands: The Longhorns are the early betting favorite, as Tom Herman and his staff have done the best job of establishing a relationship, according to Smith in an interview on Rivals yesterday. Texas A&M and LSU appear to be the primary competition, but there's no question the Longhorns have done great early work. Here's a look at what Smith said about his top schools in his interview with Rivals.

On LSU camp: "It's different. It was a different feeling, a different environment and I loved it. It was really nice. I got to meet Coach (Ed) Orgeron and his voice -- it's crazy. It's nice up there. It really is."

On Texas: "Texas is the same as always. I love it down there and it feels like home to me. With the coaches, it's a good place to be. I camped at SMU and they (Texas) came to see me there. They had already been recruiting me for a while, so I knew it was coming. My fit in their defense would be as a B-backer. Coach (Todd) Orlando and I discussed it."

On Texas A&M interest: "Texas A&M is real nice. It's real nice. The campus is crazy. My relationship with the coaches is still growing, so hopefully, I can get that offer real soon. They just want to build that relationship up a bit more."

On upcoming visit to Arkansas: "I hadn't been up there yet, so I plan on going real soon. I've got a good relationship with Coach (Jeff) Traylor, so I'm looking for to it. Coach Traylor, I really like him and he's always telling me to come visit."

11. Hayden Conner (OL - Katy Taylor )

Where UT Stands: Conner committed earlier this week, an event that caught the attention of a number of key Texas targets based on social media activity.

12. Quay Davis (WR - Dallas Skyline)

Where UT Stands: The state's current top-rated wide receiver prospect in the 2021 class was the first 2021 commitment for Herman and Co.

13. Donovan Jackson (OL - Houston Episcopal)

Where UT Stands: Texas is absolutely in the mix with the likes of Texas A&M, Oklahoma, Alabama and Ohio State, but the hand to hand combat to sign Jackson might be as intense as any recruitment in the state. On top of that, there was a feeling in Atlanta last month that Stanford is going to be really tough to beat if he ends up taking an official visit, partly because both of his parents are educators. The betting favorite is probably A&M at this point, but I think we're still in the "anything can still happen" stage of his recruitment based on the fact that he's a guy that is doing a lot of due diligence.

14. Billy Bowman (Ath - Denton Ryan)

Where UT Stands: The vibe from Rivals analyst Sam Spiegelman after talking with Bowman last weekend at the Prime 21 Camp in Arlington was that Texas and Alabama (offered) are the two schools standing out. Well, the Longhorns have a chance to reenforce its position at the top of his recruitment when he visits Austin this weekend.

15. Derrick Harris (LB - New Caney)

Where UT Stands: Harris' stock has really taken off this summer (Texas offered June 15th) and he seems like a kid that will look to stay close to home. While Texas A&M has made a big impression on him in the last few weeks, there's a feeling that the Longhorns are the early favorite and with him being in Austin this weekend, Herman and his staff will have a chance to reenforce its position at the top of his recruitment

16. Jaeden Roberts (OL - North Shore)

Where UT Stands: The Kansas transplant seems to have an awesome relationship with the Kansas State coaches, but as his recruitment starts to really take off, it's hard not to wonder if he's going to simply be too big-time for the Wildcats. After camping at Texas A&M and LSU in June, it's been kind of quiet on the Roberts front. The Longhorns haven't appeared to be a huge factor in his recruitment at this point, which means A&M and LSU could be the primary two to watch moving forward.

17. Latrell McCutchin (CB - Austin LBJ)

Has Texas offered: Yes (Alabama commitment)

Where UT Stands: McCutchin barely waited a day after camping at Alabama in June before jumping on his offer and giving a verbal pledge to the Crimson Tide. Although things have been very quiet on the McCutchin front since his commitment, you'd have to think that his recruitment might have some twists yet to come, especially since he lives about 15 minutes from the Texas campus. Maybe he'll never look back now that he's committed, but a lot of recent history shows that there's a very likely chance that his recruitment isn't over.

18. Eli Stowers (QB - Denton Guyer)

Has Texas offered: No (Texas A&M commitment)

Where UT Stands: The Longhorns prioritized other quarterback targets in this class over Stowers, who has committed to Jimbo Fisher and the Aggies. In a huge year for talent in Denton, it'll be interesting to see if Stowers can have the same impact in his neighborhood as Jalen Milroe seems to be having in his.

19. Shadrach Banks (WR - North Shore)

Where UT Stands: Banks is scheduled to announce his commitment in August 1st and almost everyone in the industry seems to believe he's going to be an Aggie. That being said, Banks visited LSU today, is scheduled to visit A&M on . Friday and will head to Georgia for the first time on Saturday.

20. Latrell Neville (WR - FB Hightower)

Where UT Stands: Oklahoma and LSU have both done a good job of catching Neville's attention this summer, but with Neville headed to Austin this weekend and an announcement scheduled shortly thereafter, this thing is feeling more and more like a burnt orange party.

21. Marcus Burris (DT - Texarkana Pleasant Grove)

Where UT Stands: Burris hasn't really jumped head first into the recruiting scene like so many of his contemporaries, but when the Longhorns offered him in June, it represented a big moment in his recruitment, especially after he visited unofficially a couple of times earlier in 2019. You'd expect all of the regional powers to do everything they can to lure Burris away from Austin, but the Longhorns figure to be central to his recruitment.

22. Kendrick Blackshire (LB - Duncanville)

Where UT Stands: Yet another Duncanville player that the Longhorns are all-in for, Blackshire was going to commit in the next few weeks, but he's postponed making a decision for the rest of the year. He's expected to visit A&M this weekend, while he's expected to visit Alabama and Oklahoma in the near future. Don't worry Texas fans, he's scheduled to be in Austin again for the LSU game in September. He claims that he already knows who his top two schools are going to be and there's a good bet Texas is in that top two.

Here's a look at what he said of his favorites for days ago in an interview with Rivals:

On commitment timeline: "I'll be making a decision next year, but I already know the schools ... I already know my top two. My mom told me there's no reason to rush, to take y time. It's a 40-year investment into my future, so she wants to make a decision and think it through."

On Texas: "I love Texas. Me and Coach (Todd) Orlando talk all the time. I text him and call him. If I text him, he'll like and then I'll call him. We have a very close relationship, he tells me where he thinks I fit in the defense, where he sees me in the future within the Texas program and it sounds very intriguing, but we'll see."

On Alabama: "That's my guy (Pete Golding). It's been fun. I've been having fun with 'Bama, They've been showing me made love. I talk to Nick Saban all the time. We have a very good relationship. Sometimes, I can't believe I'm talking to him. It's kind of amazing that I'm talking to him. His knowledge of football and what he tells me. It's shocking and I'm very humbled by it. I know everything is going to fall into place."

On LSU: "I was so tired (at camp), but I had a good camp. It was a good experience. I don't really camp like that but I had a good experience, a good time. Me and Coach (Dave) Aranda, we kicked it, talked over film and football, talked about where he sees me in the defense, and it was good."

On Oklahoma: "Me and Coach (Alex) Grinch we talk all the time. Coach (Brian) Odum, over there, we talk all the time. I'm going to the barbecue."

23. https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2021/reuben-fatheree-ii-202499']Reuben Fatheree II (OL - Richmond Foster)[/URL]

Where UT Stands: Fatheree has visited Texas a couple of times this year, including the spring game, but things seem to be fairly quiet on that front. If there's an early team to beat, it's probably Texas A&M. In fact, that's probably a safe wager.

24. J.D. Coffey (DB - Kennedale)

Where UT Stands: The Longhorns have emerged as the betting favorite in his recruitment after offering in June. Coffer is expected to be in Austin this weekend on an unofficial visit. Things are looking very good.

25. Dametrious Crownover (DE - Grandview)

Has Texas offered: No

Where UT Stands: 
The Longhorns aren't really involveed with the small-town star at this point.

Good read

11 minutes ago, Not a Sock said:

I don’t know what’s worse the posters that expect 16 year olds to be perfectly stoic or the posters white knighting teenagers being shit heads.

we're diligently on a board dedicated to the musings and rumblings of 16-18 year old kids.  not much room to point the finger at anyone willingly following the drama from these kids.

they're kids.  they can be shitheads, and we can be overly emotional calling them out when they are being shitheads.  but then again being shitheads is what kids excel at. and we excel at being internet experts.

Edited by crash_davis

22 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Not bad. Kinda lumbers when he runs, but he runs hard. Good patience. Not much wiggle, but seems to have a good feel for where the holes and cut-back lanes will be. I liked the highlights, but I’m sure there are others who may have different opinions. 

5 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

The rest of the quote isn’t as fun though. 

Yeah, he sounded way more enamored with the SEC schools he mentioned. How far behind Bama are we with the facilities? Those quotes make Bama’s facilities sound other-worldly. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Chili dog said:

Yeah, he sounded way more enamored with the SEC schools he mentioned. How far behind Bama are we with the facilities? Those quotes make Bama’s facilities sound other-worldly. 

We are way way way behind Bama. We are way to slightly behind pretty much every P5 school in the country. It’s embarrassing, but CDC is getting us on track to fix it.

New facilities can't get here fast enough. Sick of hearing about how all these hick schools having better facilities than us. 

Herman should not only fire Drayton he should sue him for a refund on his salary if he misses on Bijan, Evans, & Wheaton.