Texas Recruiting Notes 2021

Reese Bennett

Just now, texifornia said:

Oh shit it just occured to me. Brace for tomorrow's Football Board shitpost overflow.

giphy.gif

"HE COULDN'T EVEN CLOSE A BROCKERMEYER GODAMMIT FIRE EVERYONE NO EXCUSES"

Can we get one of those captcha gatekeepers? Only the football boarders that can identify the pictures with an umbrella in them are allowed. Should keep out the vast majority of shitposting

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, texifornia said:

I think if we've got a wealthy white suburban helicopter dad, we should probably hold on to our butts, because they do NOT seem to be Herman's wheelhouse. I can see him openly rolling his eyes while Mr. Smith is trying to talk his ear off about nutrition consultants and 50 different skill trainers.

So, uh, yeah, really stoked about the Ewers recruitment. Should be great.

There's a lot of people in the world who say they want the truth. In my experience, it's not the rich white suburban helicopter dad. In fact those guys are generally allergic to hearing the truth about their kids. 

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Don Hornleone said:

Can we free up Luke’s scholly now?  Kidding... sort of.

That was originally proposed by @Tex Pete. And right now, it's really not looking like a bad idea. If Luke can't crack the two-deep with the current shitshow at LB, he can transfer to Rice or Oregon State (where his best scholarship offers were).

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

Can we get one of those captcha gatekeepers? Only the football boarders that can identify the pictures with an umbrella in them are allowed. Should keep out the vast majority of shitposting

Entrance into this forum should be a quiz. Basic recruiting shit like who is Bryan Carrington, Whats Giles’s favorite food, Yes/No Does HtownHorn ever know what he’s talking about except aTm Roster Numbers. Pass and you get a token or cookie to your account that expires in 30 days. Then you have to take another quiz. Problem solved. 

• Like 7

6 minutes ago, Don Hornleone said:

Can we free up Luke’s scholly now?  Kidding... sort of.

I would tell him to pack his shit the second it was official and I would deal directly with Kristy while I did it. I'm 1000% sure that Herman will want to do the same but I imagine that other smarter/calmer/cooler heads will prevail and avoid the spiteful optics. I don't think he'll be on scholarship either way, but I wouldn't let his ass carry water or change tires on the team bus, but I'm a total asshole. 

• Like 5

Just now, SydneyCarton said:

Entrance into this forum should be a quiz. Basic recruiting shit like who is Bryan Carrington, Whats Giles’s favorite food, Yes/No Does HtownHorn ever know what he’s talking about except aTm Roster Numbers. Pass and you get a token or cookie to your account that expires in 30 days. Then you have to take another quiz. Problem solved. 

@immamac Make it so

28 minutes ago, golfclap said:

those 2022 and 2023 Alabama games are going to be fucking nuts and if you think Herman is an asshole now, just wait until he brings the full force of his spiteful rage. 

When we win Herman can go wave at Blake smiling with a Longhorn grill.  

• Like 2

41 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

Beginning to think the Brocks were never coming here.  Think about it, supposedly Clemson was who we were thinking we had to beat them out for, then no offer for James and Bama' jumps in the mix.  If they hadn't, we'd probably be hearing about LSU or Auburn being where they'd be headed to.

it maybe having a dysfunctional team/locker room in 2019 with Luke right in the thick of it to report every shitty detail killed our chances.

36 minutes ago, golfclap said:

those 2022 and 2023 Alabama games are going to be fucking nuts and if you think Herman is an asshole now, just wait until he brings the full force of his spiteful rage. 

You’re assuming a lot of things will be the same in 2022, 2023 as they are now...

36 minutes ago, UncleSonny said:

At least it will be over soon.

so much for offering Oyetade before the Brocks commit so it’s not painfully obvious that he’s a backup plan. 

19 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Oh shit it just occured to me. Brace for tomorrow's Football Board shitpost overflow.

giphy.gif

"HE COULDN'T EVEN CLOSE A BROCKERMEYER NO I HAVEN'T PAID ANY ATTENTION TO THIS RECRUITMENT GODAMMIT FIRE EVERYONE NO EXCUSES"

That’s going to be a motherfucker. 

Edited by Burt Macklin

1 minute ago, texifornia said:

I still think he's been a qualified success as a coach. We'll see how he responds.

Average coach, below average recruiter, above average at social media. 

There is no responding from these misses. You're done here, it just needs to be finalized with the rest of this mediocre staff. 

Makes you wonder without football as a certainty, might they choose UT because of the whole education and closer to home aspect. Let's say football gets cancelled this year, do they choose to sit in Tuscaloosa for a year and wonder how much better it would be stuck in Austin instead?

Also I think we are like 2/30 on success rate when HayesFawcett does the edit. 

Edited by Enchubben
countrygrammar

1 minute ago, Ricky's one-hitter said:

This isn't really on Hand, though. This is on Herman and Blake, almost exclusively. 

Bull shit. 

If it was just the Brocks, I'd agree with you. It's them, it's Byrd, it's Foster. All of these guys were expected to be Longhorns six months ago. 

Just now, Bruh Man said:

There is no responding from these misses. You're done here, it just needs to be finalized with the rest of this mediocre staff. 

Haha, ok bud.

The Brocks drive some posters on this board (probably the older ones who remember their dad) off the deep end.

2 minutes ago, Enchubben said:

Makes you wonder without football as a certainty, might they choose UT because of the whole education and closer to home aspect. Let's say football gets cancelled this year, do they choose to sit in Tuscaloosa for a year and wonder how much better it would be stuck in Austin instead?

Also I think we are like 2/30 on success rate when HayesFawcett does the edit. 

You think education is a factor here?

8 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

@texifornia remember when you thought I was being too much of a hard ass on Hand? 

4 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

Blaming Hand for Daddy Brock hating Herman sure seems logical. 

Look man, you claim the sky is falling at all times. Anyone who does that will be right sometimes. It’s the 50/50 proposition of a broken clock is right twice a day, but it Doesn’t mean you have the slightest clue what you’re talking about just like here. Hand was billed as a good recruiter coming in and he pulled in 4 4-stars in 2020. The OL recruiting woes in 2021 have a lot of blame to go around. Most of it is on Herman. 

Edited by Burt Macklin
  • Like 6

11 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

@texifornia remember when you thought I was being too much of a hard ass on Hand? 

7 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

5 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

Bull shit. 

If it was just the Brocks, I'd agree with you. It's them, it's Byrd, it's Foster. All of these guys were expected to be Longhorns six months ago. 

Find & Share on GIPHY

• Like 5

Just now, Scholz said:

Now I feel better about my one encounter with Blake in college.  It was at Conference Cafe in Lubbock after we had shit the bed vs Tech.  We were drinking together at the bar and I said something to the effect of "What the fuck, Blake?!"  After narrowly escaping an asskicking, I felt bad about insulting him later after sobering up.  Not now.  Asshole.

I was at that game as well as Conference Cafe.  It was a fun place but overcrowded for sure.  This season is Tommy's season.  If he screws up this season which is tailor made for success, well, I can hear the BMD's sharpening their axes.

• Like 1

You'd think that with Brent's work history (sports agent) that Blake would have a good idea of the scope of social media and how information spreads. Blake being surprised to find that a lot of Texas alums are very aware of how this is playing out and his role in it, is boomer-mode.  He's basically one of those assholes captured on video that are surprised to find that the entire internet saw the video of them showing their ass. 

9 minutes ago, closetohumping said:

Makes you wonder without football as a certainty, might they choose UT because of the whole education and closer to home aspect.

Kristy? 

• Like 5

15 minutes ago, Bruh Man said:

Yet he was Georgia's second choice to replace Sam Pittman 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, UDontKnow said:

Actually Carl initially said that the Brockermeyer brothers were going to commit to 'Bama after Kendrick Blackshire. Then Carl reported he had news - which I took to mean new developments - and that involved OL recruits (including the Brockermeyer brothers) either re-entering or engaging more in a group chat with current players/commits. 

Be careful, you don't want to become one of @hornfromdallas's fuccbois now, do you?

I don’t want to be nobody’s fuccboi.  Speaking of fuccboi Carl reminds me of this poster that used to post on ob...powerspread

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hornfromdallas said:

its still alabama the group chat has basically been to make sure they made the right decision 

i figured it was weird the timing of them rejoining after giving the silent to alabama 

they were texting milroe the most recruiting him without mentioning bama specifically 

This is some bullshit right here - joining the group chat so they could recruit for Alabama?  That whole family can fuck right the hell off.

2 minutes ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

This is some bullshit right here - joining the group chat so they could recruit for Alabama?  That whole family can fuck right the hell off.

No doubt.  They can join Walker Little on some fault line in California.  I understand that coach "Middle Fingers" is an ass but where is the loyalty?

6 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Blaming Hand for Daddy Brock hating Herman sure seems logical. 

Look man, you claim the sky is falling at all times. Anyone who does that will be right sometimes. It’s the 50/50 proposition of a broken clock is right twice a day, but it Doesn’t mean you have the slightest clue what you’re talking about just like here. Hand was billed as a good recruiter coming in and he pulled in 4 4-stars in 2020. The OL recruiting woes in 2021 have a lot of blame to go around. Most of it is on Herman. 

I'm aware he has issues with Herman. Someone on OB who knows the dad has been keeping us updated about it for months. I'm judging Hand on his body of work. I'd be more inclined to forgive him for this if he wasn't going 0 for 4 with Byrd, Foster, Jackson, and Brock. It's worse when you account for backup options like Fatheree and Wykoff being off the board.

But other than Brock, which OL miss does Herman warrant more blame for than Hand? 

4 minutes ago, TexasFan21 said:

Hornfromdallas is a Brockermeyer that is getting us worked up prior to committing to the good guys tomorrow..../s

Took a look at papa Brocks ‘likes’ on Twitter and I lost all hope