• Replies 73.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

It starts at the top in aggyland, the need for validation from others rather than merits from within oneself. 

"Can't wait for the commentators to start praising aggy".  I guarantee 99% of aggy would make a deal to never win a MNC in exchange for praise and validation from the public.   If general opinion was that aggy was "just as good as Bama" and it was stated publicly I t would be better than actually winning.  

There's probably 1% who would take 1 MNC and never win another game just as long as they got that 1 night of glory.   

Its sad really.  

Edited by Treefidy

This is my favorite part about aggy's latest moral victory.

Last year the line had Bama +25.  Aggy lost by 8 and was only outgained by 48 yards.

This year the line is 26.  Aggy loses by 22 and is outgained by 131 yards which, btw, is probably skewed by the fact that Bama took their feet off the gas by the middle of the 3rd quarter.

What does aggy math get you?  "Hey!  We're better-coached this year, the talent is there, we're so close.  Moral victories for everyone!!!!"

• Like 3

Cover Story: Aggies leave Tuscaloosa better than when they arrived

By Billy Liucci   https://texags.com/s/29565/cover-story-aggies-leave-tuscaloosa-better-than-when-they-arrived

Oh shit even arcee (yes dewey, we knows its really RC) is drinkin that jimbo juice

And yes, im drink after watchin the boyz get embarrassed

Before the season, I predicted aggy would go 3-9 and 0-8 in conference play. Their performance against Clemson made me reconsider a little bit, but ultimately I think it will be pretty close. I had no idea Arkansas would be such garbage, and aggy does own them, so I’ll give them a win there. 

Kentucky looks legit at football for only the second time in my life (2007 Andre Woodson team), so that will surely be the eye opening loss. I see no way they win road games at SC, Miss State or Auburn. Maybe they beat Ole Miss. I think LSU is overrated but they won’t ever lose to aggy.

Updated prediction: 5-7 (2-6). Whoop!

9 hours ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

Love this...

This is why we need them on our schedule. Media will always over value tu's soft wins over our tough SEC schedule, which might convince young, impressionable recruits that they should commit to tu rather than a&m if we don't beat their ass every November.

aggy math...

aggy loss > Texas wins

aggy getting ass beat every November = aggy beating UT's ass every November

Conclusion...

OpEd Piece = Fake News

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Landomatic said:

Love this...

aggy math...

aggy loss > Texas wins

Conclusion...

OpEd Piece = Fake News

They play UAB in that imposing stretch in November...

Not only does the SEC puss out with 8 conference games, they throw it in everyone’s face by doing a cupcake special.

Edited by slorch

38 minutes ago, Landomatic said:

Love this...

aggy math...

aggy loss > Texas wins

Conclusion...

OpEd Piece = Fake News

Loved this post also.........

Well to be fair they have beaten an SEC team and we haven't...

20 hours ago, satyanash said:

Saturday's loss told a lot of stories. Starting with the negatives, the team still has a ways to go before being considered a national contender. Alabama accounted for 524 yards of total offense -- and most of that came through the air. That said, there were still a ton of positives in the loss for the Aggies. Alabama had 109 rushing yards, but take away a 35-yard run in the third quarter by Damien Harris, and the Aggie front-seven did everything it was supposed to do against the Crimson Tide.

Offensively, Texas A&M had nearly 400 yards of total offense, and while they were held to field goals on three occasions, they managed to get the ball in the red zone five times -- two more times than Alabama -- and score touchdowns on two occasions.

I can't even.. You don't just get to remove plays from the stat line to suit your narrative.

Hey goober, you got in the red zone more times than Bama because they kept scoring from 50 yards out. Once again aggy shows they are kings of the asterisk. 

33 minutes ago, slorch said:

They play UAB in that imposing stretch in November...

Not only does the SEC puss out with 8 conference games, they throw it in everyone’s face by doing a cupcake special.

Exactly

A glorified bye week in late November to rest players and play backups before rivalry games. SEC is literally content with riding Bama and now UGA coattails 

21 hours ago, satyanash said:

Holy fuck. I can barely read this without cracking up.

(Damon Sayles) Commentary: Analyzing Saturday's loss shows A&M not that far off

Hide contents

Consider Texas A&M's college football litmus test officially passed.

Four games in, with a new head coach, a new staff and a new offensive and defensive scheme, Texas A&M can now go back to the drawing board and prepare for what it's hoping will be a run of the table with its remaining schedule. And after four games where there were many more highs than lows, even in losses to two national-powerhouse programs, running the table is not out of the picture for Jimbo Fisher and his staff.

Saturday's 45-23 loss to No. 1 Alabama, coupled with the Sept. 8 loss to then-No. 2 Clemson, have been solid learning opportunities for the Aggies. And while Fisher said he's not pleased with the end results, he's encouraged about the future and what this team can do throughout the rest of the regular season. "We played the top two football teams in the country, and we've moved the ball up and down the field on both of them. They're great teams, but we moved the ball and had chances to score points," Fisher said. "We just have to be more consistent. We've got to understand how every play counts. When you play these caliber of teams, you cannot let any inch slip away. You've got to play every play of every second, and we're learning to do that."

Saturday's loss told a lot of stories. Starting with the negatives, the team still has a ways to go before being considered a national contender. Alabama accounted for 524 yards of total offense -- and most of that came through the air. That said, there were still a ton of positives in the loss for the Aggies. Alabama had 109 rushing yards, but take away a 35-yard run in the third quarter by Damien Harris, and the Aggie front-seven did everything it was supposed to do against the Crimson Tide.

Offensively, Texas A&M had nearly 400 yards of total offense, and while they were held to field goals on three occasions, they managed to get the ball in the red zone five times -- two more times than Alabama -- and score touchdowns on two occasions.

This Texas A&M team isn't a bad one. It's just not a great one. Not yet anyway. "We lost the ball at times, had opportunities to score points," Fisher said. "I wish we had gotten a touchdown or so more in the first half. ... But again, I thought our kids played hard. I thought we competed. We've got to understand where there are momentum swings." Fisher added: "We had 400 yards against [Alabama]. Not many people do that. We moved the football and had opportunities."

Moral victories don't count, and the Aggies don't want them, but the last team to score 21 or more points on the Crimson Tide at Bryant-Denny Stadium was Ole Miss, when the Rebels scored a 43-37 upset win on Sept. 19, 2015. Points are hard to come by for any team playing Alabama at home. Texas A&M on Saturday had its shots at scoring 30 or more. For the season, Louisville scored 14 on Alabama. Ole Miss and Arkansas State combined to score 14. Ole Miss only put seven points on the board in Oxford.

Texas A&M fought on Saturday. It just ran into a better team. And to get better, the Aggies needed a game like that. They will now focus on their attention on Arkansas for the Southwest Classic at AT&T Stadium. Saturday was a chance to improve overall. Now it's time to see how the Aggies bounce back for the next eight games -- nine if a bowl invitation is earned. "We're not that far away. We'll keep grinding," Fisher said. "It's the next step, and we'll learn from it. That's a very good football team. I'm not happy, not satisfied, but we've just got to clean a couple of things up. We've got a chance to have a pretty decent team, in my opinion."

You sure Ben Baby didn't write that?

Holy fuck it's becoming self aware

aggy 1: 

I still think we’re good enough to beat any team left on the schedule (with the possible exception of Auburn’s downfield passing ability) and finish 10-2/9-3.

We are who we thought we were, but we’re still pretty good.

aggy 2:

Unless....

….there is enough Sumlin left in this team that they implode like they have in previous years after a sobering day with the Tide.

giphy.gif

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Longboard Horn said:

Wouldn’t be surprised if Ben Baby wrote that bullshit article. He dick rides aggy like there’s no tomorrow.

article quote...

"And after four games where there were many more highs than lows, even in losses to two national-powerhouse programs, running the table is not out of the picture for Jimbo Fisher and his staff."

"De plane! De plane! ...... Welcome To Fantasy Island"

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, Vertigo said:

I can't even.. You don't just get to remove plays from the stat line to suit your narrative.

Hey goober, you got in the red zone more times than Bama because they kept scoring from 50 yards out. Once again aggy shows they are kings of the asterisk. 

Don’t forget, Bama also went 3 for 3 on TDs while in the red zone. Rephrase that as “Bama scores more red zone TDs despite having less trips to the red zone”