• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

14 hours ago, Deej said:

Thoughts and prayers to the families of the students killed in The Great Lego Tragedy of 2018.

Was this reporter at the location of the tragedy beforehand..? If so, it may explain a lot, in that he's probably an aggy reporter...

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, BurntOrangeCrush said:

Wow. That third post in the thread from Old Sarge...pretty sure he was fondling his twig and berries while typing about Jimbo. 

Remember, when it was first discovered we were in pursuit of Jimbo, the national press was in shock because we were Texas A&M, and we were overshooting our expectations because Jimbo was out of our league. We got him, and most were silent sans McElroy who thought it was a great hire.

A ten year guarantee of $75m is what schools pay for people who are out of their league.

Ugly guy takes out huge cash loan to impress the gorgeous gold digger. One of the oldest stories in mankind.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

Oh honey, you don't get to hang out with LSU and Bama like that (an ag made this obvi)

Dbay7ouVQAA3ef1.jpg

They’re saying this unsarcastically? Do they not realize they’ve lost 5 in a row by a combined total of 111?

Like seriously, they average losing by 22.2 poInts per game over that span. That’s the definition of a cupcake.

aggy truly never ceases to amaze.

Edited by UT Lawnghorn

Dayum Bama's schedule is pretty fuckin shitty, especially if LSU sucks as much as people are predicting. Louisville and Mississippi State are still better than aggy though, so I dunno who they're calling cupcakes.

Edited by Bevo14

2 hours ago, Steel Shank said:

Is Jimbo Fisher the greatest college coach of all time? If not, at least in the last 108 years?

Easily the best I've ever seen. I don't know of any coach that has won a National Championship at a school they haven't even coached a game yet. 

3 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Every SEC team on that schedule that's a cupcake should post this the week before their game with A&M.

The Aggies don't even finish in the top 25 most years.

I was gonna say, given how often aggy struggles with the Mississippi schools, you'd think they'd be careful about running their mouths. At least, you'd think that if they weren't aggy.

I'm trying to think of a parallel for Texas. Our badmouthing of cockroach is probably the only thing similar, but even there, I think most folk know there's grudging respect for an anklebiter institution that has owned our sorry asses in recent years.

The only thing truly regrettable about that cupcake graphic is that it came from a fan, rather than someone inside the aggy football organization. Because if it were something The Marine (or someone similar) slapped together, that would just be, you know... perfect.

20 minutes ago, RomaVicta said:

Every SEC team on that schedule that's a cupcake should post this the week before their game with A&M.

The Aggies don't even finish in the top 25 most years.

Successful programs in every sport, at every level above high school, build over time and show improvement. Rarely does a team wallow in mediocrity and they suddenly vault into the ranks of the elite. One reason I harp on the fact that aggy hasn't had consecutive seasons with a winning record in conference play is to illustrate the aggy culture isn't one to build over a period of time toward having a decent program in any sport, save and except what Pat Henry has done in T&F.

The ag culture is far more embracing of hero worship than critical analysis. Instead of a cold, hard evaluation of their progress toward a goal, the ags universally anoint any individual as "the next (fill in name of past perceived hero who "almost delivered a natty")." Jimbo is the most recent incarnation of the aggy character flaw of hero worship and idolatry.

Until the ags get an AD who is more like Billy Beane, instead of some glad-handling yokel who sees his job as keeping the rednecks believing "give this year and wait till next year) aggy will always be what they always have been.

What the ags don't get is they need an architect, not a savior. And an architect isn't someone who saw someone else design something and who stepped in when the actual brains behind the plan stepped aside. The ags don't have a clue that right AD is the key to their success. Until and unless aggy is willing to clean house of all the failed people who have delivered the past 20 years of mediocrity, they will only deliver continued mediocrity. I think we all know what to expect.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Scholz said:

The aggy roller coaster is almost to the moon.  The crash is going to be epic.  Hilarious.

Jimbo's strategy of applying high pressure to obtain commits and then insist on no other visits is either going to absolutely change the landscape of college football recruiting, or and up as one colossal failure.

It is seeming that when he gets kids on campus for an OV, he is pressuring them for a commit, and not even allowing them to go home, discuss it with their parents, and give an answer within 24 hours. It is the 18 yr old recruit, surrounded by aggy coaches, caught up in all the attention, and being pressured to make a life-changing decision on the spot.

This fall, when the other top recruits are taking the last of their OVs  and watching the top games of the season in person, the aggy recruits get to hear second-hand what a great experience school-x was. I think the temptation to join in with their peers and have the full recruiting experience will be a greater draw for top recruits than will the knowledge they committed to Jimbo back in April and that "recruiting is like marriage."

I may be wrong. Jimbo might just haul in such an amazing class, and the thought of playing for a coach who won a national championship a few years ago might be such a HUGE national draw, that Fisher completely changes the dynamics of college football recruiting such that recruiting season is essentially over before the prospects finish their junior year of high school.

My guess is that the aggy recruits will be taking visits to other schools and that he will either have to enforce his "no visits" policy or give it up. And if he gives it up, other coaches will use that against him during recruiting, claiming Jimbo is so worried about his being able to live up to the contract he signed that he will put the interests of the athlete secondary to his own best interests.

Herman and Fisher are going after some of the same recruits with two very different recruiting philosophies. They can't both be right. My gut tells me pressuring an 18-year old kid to make an emotional spur-of-the-moment decision and then to honor it while their other friends are living it up, because "recruiting is like marriage" is a losing strategy. But we are about to see. It should be fascinating to watch this all play out.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Scholz said:

The aggy roller coaster is almost to the moon.  The crash is going to be epic.  Hilarious.

Especially when you look at their schedule. These fools never learn that recruiting can shift in a matter of weeks. After the "WRTS" stuff, you would figure they learned their lesson. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Bevo14 said:

if LSU sucks as much as people are predicting.

LSU won't suck. They might lose some games but they aren't going to suck. LSU is loaded on defense with a top 5 defensive coordinator. That alone will get them to at least 7 or 8 wins. 

LSU was a lot like Texas last year on offense. A lot of injuries/attrition on the OL which pretty much screwed any chance of success on offense. They aren't going to be good by any means on offense, but they will be improved if they just have a healthy offensive line. 

From a talent perspective on defense, LSU is as talented as anyone in the country outside of maybe Clemson and Alabama. They are loaded. 

Edited by texasstrong12

On ‎4‎/‎21‎/‎2018 at 8:29 AM, texifornia said:

DbUCfVBVMAAcj2Q.jpg

PHRASING

The irony of this is that once players at FSU realized Jimbo was a paper tiger they started to do whatever the hell they wanted.  Give them about a couple seasons, they will figure it out.  Also he does play favorites and will kiss their respected ass see the Winston debacle or Cook.

Has Jimbo had a Terry Price catered BBQ for the College Station PD yet?  Under Rumlin they were arresting errbody.  JFF was getting run out of town over parking tickets.  Rumlin was atop the Fulmer Cup.  Based on Jimbo's tenure at FSU, he better fire up the "get to know you" pit pretty soon.  Starkel and Mond ain't getting free crab legs at Kroger on Hwy 6.