• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

50 minutes ago, jeevsie said:

My redass, ag co-worker went to show me something the other day and I notice BON is higher up on his history than goodbullhunting.  I just laughed and called him little brother.

They have to read other team sites to get factual information. They all know (but won't admit it to Longhorn fans) that Looch and crew sugar coat everything they put out to the point that they have to gather additional data to know what is real. 

They don't want their $9.95ers to put out things that are negative because they don't want fans of other teams to be able to make fun of them, but they know that what the $9.95ers say is not 100% factual either. 

Just imagine, if everything that Looch has promised and stated about every single one of their recruiting classes for the past 15 years had been true, then why the fuck are they still only middle of the pack football team?

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

I'm trying to remember, but I just can't come up with any names. Has anyone in history ever sucked as badly as Leon but still kept jabbering away anyways?

For a guy who has suffered in College Station, Texas for years, you sure seem oblivious. You must be numb.

The very obvious answer to your question is Texas A&M University. Across the board.

Edited by Tex Pete
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

I'm trying to remember, but I just can't come up with any names. Has anyone in history ever sucked as badly as Leon but still kept jabbering away anyways?

Dunning-Kruger effect.  Stupid people have no idea how stupid they are.

"a cognitive bias wherein unskilled individuals suffer from illusory superiority, mistakenly rating their ability much higher than is accurate" owing to "a metacognitive inability of the unskilled to recognize their ineptitude"

1 hour ago, Scholz said:

"a cognitive bias wherein unskilled individuals suffer from illusory superiority, mistakenly rating their ability much higher than is accurate" owing to "a metacognitive inability of the unskilled to recognize their ineptitude"

That's what I thought.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scholz said:

George Carlin quote: Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

• Like 1

I was wondering just how pathetic aggy is at sports and I wasn't sure about baseball, so I had to check.  They've been to 6 CWS, a pathetic number in itself.  Their records in the 6 appearances

1951 1-2  Beat Ohio State

1964  0-2

1993  1-2  Beat KU

1999  0-2

2011  0-2

2017  0-2

That is all.  It seemed timely and I just found it funny as fuck and wanted to share.  

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Go Pokes said:

I was wondering just how pathetic aggy is at sports and I wasn't sure about baseball, so I had to check.  They've been to 6 CWS, a pathetic number in itself.  Their records in the 6 appearances

1964  0-2

1993  1-2  Beat KU

1999  0-2

2011  0-2

2017  0-2

That is all.  It seemed timely and I just found it funny as fuck and wanted to share.  

Right. We have won more games in nearly every one of our record trips to Omaha than aggy has in total. They're pathetic.

Just a little Wednesday secrant aggy fodder:

"I lived in Texas for about 5 years in the mid 00's and worked with a number of people from the bigger Texas schools. As far as rivalries go I thought it was interesting how basically none of them had anything nice to say about the others whether it was Texas talking about A&M, A&M talking about Tx Tech, Tx Tech talking about Baylor, etc. It was like everyone had 10 way rivalries with everyone else. 

But with that said in our office the Longhorns got along with the Raiders, the Raiders got along with the Baylors (forget what they are), the Baylors got along with the Longhorns and Raiders. But the Aggies got along with nobody except themselves; they literally couldn't get along with anyone and always seemed to play the victim. 

It made for a very interesting office dynamic for sure."

"Let’s not get confused here. 
There is no ranking of rivals for the aggy. 
It’s texas from 1 to however many. 
Have you ever read what they say about Texas? 
It’s borderline deserving of a victim hotline. As if someone is whispering into the phone during a home invasion. 

If sitting at a bar, aggy will ask you if you have 6 minutes to talk. It’s 95% about Texas......5% about Alabama. 
“Do you know what they do?” 
“Did you see what happened when Texas .......etc?” 
“You know they cheat, right?” 
“They ruined every conference” 

During this 6 minute prepared speech, that probably gets handed out during their support meetings, if a man wearing burnt orange happens to walk by, aggy then gets silent. 
Then points at longhorn , but his hand is hidden from the longhorn.....shielded via his own body. Then whispers, “thaaaaat iiiiis hiiiiiiim. “. 

Conversation is over unless he wants to get verbal about how much money is in their endowment fund."

Beautiful. 

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, Go Pokes said:

1964  0-2

1993  1-2  Beat KU

1999  0-2

2011  0-2

2017  0-2

23 minutes ago, Tex Pete said:

Right. We have won more games in nearly every one of our record trips to Omaha than aggy has in total. They're pathetic.

had a particularly red-assed aggy dad with a kid on the same baseball team as my son around 2007-2008 who would try to tell me that aggy had a better baseball program than Texas. My retort was "Texas has won as many rings since the last time aggy has even been to Omaha as aggy has victories in Omaha in their entire history". 

Him- tone

Hear ye, hear ye:

Narrowing down admissions

A&M admissions process changed to reflect well-rounded students, takes effect in 2021

• By Khadeeja Umana @Khadeeja_Umana
  •  
    • Jun 10, 2019 Updated Jun 11, 2019

Texas A&M is removing the academic admissions process in the fall of 2021.

Currently students can be admitted three different ways: rank in the top 10 percent of their class and be automatically accepted, be an ‘academic admit’ which requires students be in the top quarter of their graduating class and have a minimum SAT score of 1360 and a composite ACT score of 30, or they can be accepted though the holistic review process.

In the Fall of 2021, applicants will only be admitted if they fall into the top 10 percent or by holistic review. The decision to change the admissions process was made collaboratively by Enrollment Management, the Provost Office and the Office of Admissions. The change will allow much of the 2025 A&M freshmen class to be admitted through holistic review if they do not fall in the top 10 percent of their class. The holistic review will still evaluate a student’s class rank and test scores, but will also take into account a student’s application and essay, extracurricular activities, leadership roles, employment and experience in overcoming adversity.

Senior Associate Director of Admissions, Brandie Eneks, Class of 1993 said A&M continues to see growth in the number of applicants because of the wide percentage that get accepted.

“We continue to see an increase in the number of freshman applications to the university, as well as an increase in the number of students who qualify [for] automatic admission via top 10 percent and academic admission,” Eneks said. “Our goal is to identify well rounded students who are high achieving both inside and outside the classroom.”

Anthonette Ruffino, owner and executive director of Sylvan Learning Center in College Station said she does not view the change as eliminating anyone from the process.

“It will help [prospective students] to realize that there is a potential for them to go to college, but the bottom line is you need to have the academic skills to be successful and extracurricular involvement to be more mature,” Ruffino said.

Founder of Aggieland Tutoring and Class of 2011, Aaron Forester said prospective students should consider building a portfolio that makes it through the holistic review, in addition to their class rank and test scores.

“Those who are not in the top 10 percent need to compete a lot more vigorously,” Forester said. “I think it’s going to benefit both students and the university.”

Well, well, well.  Hmmm.

Hear ye, hear ye:

A&M admissions process changed to reflect well-rounded students, takes effect in 2021

•  

Currently students can be admitted three different ways: rank in the top 10 percent of their class and be automatically accepted, be an ‘academic admit’ which requires students be in the top quarter of their graduating class and have a minimum SAT score of 1360 and a composite ACT score of 30, or they can be accepted though the holistic review process.

In the Fall of 2021, applicants will only be admitted if they fall into the top 10 percent or by holistic review. The decision to change the admissions process was made collaboratively by Enrollment Management, the Provost Office and the Office of Admissions. The change will allow much of the 2025 A&M freshmen class to be admitted through holistic review if they do not fall in the top 10 percent of their class. The holistic review will still evaluate a student’s class rank and test scores, but will also take into account a student’s application and essay, extracurricular activities, leadership roles, employment and experience in overcoming adversity.

Senior Associate Director of Admissions, Brandie Eneks, Class of 1993 said A&M continues to see growth in the number of applicants because of the wide percentage that get accepted.

“We continue to see an increase in the number of freshman applications to the university, as well as an increase in the number of students who qualify [for] automatic admission via top 10 percent and academic admission,” Eneks said. “Our goal is to identify well rounded students who are high achieving both inside and outside the classroom.”

Anthonette Ruffino, owner and executive director of Sylvan Learning Center in College Station said she does not view the change as eliminating anyone from the process.

“It will help [prospective students] to realize that there is a potential for them to go to college, but the bottom line is you need to have the academic skills to be successful and extracurricular involvement to be more mature,” Ruffino said.

Founder of Aggieland Tutoring and Class of 2011, Aaron Forester said prospective students should consider building a portfolio that makes it through the holistic review, in addition to their class rank and test scores.

“Those who are not in the top 10 percent need to compete a lot more vigorously,” Forester said. “I think it’s going to benefit both students and the university.”

Well, well, well.  Hmmm.

So basically - test scores are no longer a requirement. They'll take anyone they want for whatever reason even if they test lower. I guess that 1360 was keeping the acceptance rate at an unacceptably low level.
  • Like 1

Watch the student to teacher ratio go through the roof . As an educator this might be the last place to find a job with low salary and high class size. Of course the will demand more money to keep their fine university afloat. Has the system ever been paid back from the athletic side yet? 

20 minutes ago, Leanderman said:

Watch the student to teacher ratio go through the roof . As an educator this might be the last place to find a job with low salary and high class size. Of course the will demand more money to keep their fine university afloat. Has the system ever been paid back from the athletic side yet? 

I'm assuming the answer is No. Pretty sure Randolph Duke knows the intricate details there, if you wanted to tag the guy. 

Another pertinent question was whether that academic adviser that helped aTm get Perry'd managed to implement his proposal that Professors get graded by a combination of student reviews, as well as how much "money" or "value" they bring to the university. I can't find any of the old articles (I'm sure I just can't find the right search terms) written about his education reforms for aTm, that he attempted to force onto UT and we resisted, but I distinctly remember one of them was the notion that students end up grading Professors at the end of term and that this tied somehow into their wages or their ability to get Tenure. I'd love to know if that has become part of the university. 

The more people they keep letting in, the more their stupid fucking culture is going to get watered down. I'm not sure if it's better to have more aggies that are 50% less weird and annoying, or less aggies that are 100% worth getting punched in the face every second of every day. 

Found some links:
https://www.dallasnews.com/news/education/2011/05/11/the-central-flaw-in-the-seven

https://www.texastribune.org/2011/07/06/ut-dean-rejects-seven-solutions-in-new-report/

https://www.texasmonthly.com/articles/storming-the-ivory-tower/

Here was Sandefer's 7 Solutions:

7 Solutions

1. Measure teaching efficiency and effectiveness

Goal: "Improve the quality of teaching by making use of a public measurement tool to evaluate faculty teaching performance that makes it possible to recognize excellent teachers."

2. Publicly recognize and reward extraordinary teachers

Goal: "Create a financial incentive to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of teaching at Texas’ colleges and universities that will help attract the best teachers from across the nation."

3. Split research and teaching budgets to encourage excellence in both

Goal: "Increase transparency and accountability by emphasizing teaching and research as separate efforts in higher education, and making it easier to recognize excellence in each area."

4. Require evidence of teaching skill for tenure

Goal: "Highlight the importance of great teachers by evaluating teaching skill in nominating and awarding faculty tenure."

5. Use "results-based" contracts with students to measure quality

Goal: "Increase transparency and accountability to students with learning contracts between Deans, department heads, and teachers that clearly state the promises of each degree program to each student."

6. Put state funding directly in the hands of students

Goal: "Increase college access and make students the actual customers for higher education with student-directed scholarships for undergraduate and graduate education with funding from the state’s current appropriation that goes directly to colleges and universities." View full solution (PDF).

7. Create results-based accrediting alternatives

Goal: "Encourage greater competition in higher education and more choices for students by creating an alternative accrediting body that would focus on results and the college’s or university’s ability to uphold any obligation or promise made to the student."
Edited by SydneyCarton
found links, data

16 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

I love playing Fun with aggy Futility.  So you're saying we took two decades off from Omaha due to poor coaching hires and still managed to win as many in games in 3 days in 2016 as aggy has won in their entire history?  That doesn't seem possible.    

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Modessit said:
9 hours ago, Cairn Horn88 said:
Hear ye, hear ye:

•  

Well, well, well.  Hmmm.

Read more  

So basically - test scores are no longer a requirement. They'll take anyone they want for whatever reason even if they test lower. I guess that 1360 was keeping the acceptance rate at an unacceptably low level.

I think this is their way to make their acceptance rate numbers look better than the 70+% they have now.   They comply with the top 10% rule which is required by law, but get rid of the other automatic admission from students who are good students (with good scores), but who fall out of the top 10%.  I would guess that these students use Texas A&M as more of a safety school so they are forced to admit them based on past rules they used but they probably yielded a poor percentage of admits compared to the the "Holistic" admissions.

And by Holistic what they mean is let's read their essay and if they seem delusional and mention TU, Teasip, Good Bull, etc then we will let them in no matter what and if they seem smart and discerning but not full on Red Ass then we will turn them down to make sure our admission percentage looks better.

It will make their acceptance rate and percentage enrolled look better but will drive down their GPA/SAT/ACT scores.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, Go Pokes said:

I love playing Fun with aggy Futility.  So you're saying we took two decades off from Omaha due to poor coaching hires and still managed to win as many in games in 3 days in 2016 as aggy has won in their entire history?  That doesn't seem possible.    

It doesn't seem impossible.