• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

1 hour ago, Paper_jam said:

UH-Victoria only 15% "Admission Yield"? Maybe people apply there as a safety school, but end up going almost any other place they get in?  (I'm from there, and I was eager to get out of town myself...)

Sometimes high schools will make kids fill out applications (or parents - I applied to UT but never wanted to go. They weren't going to stand for me not applying). I think at Austin High everyone had to do an "application" for ACC with the guidance counselor in a led session or some shit. So you might have a lot of kids that either get accepted but never planned on going, or get accepted but forego college altogether. 

7 hours ago, ztejas said:

Sometimes high schools will make kids fill out applications (or parents - I applied to UT but never wanted to go. They weren't going to stand for me not applying). I think at Austin High everyone had to do an "application" for ACC with the guidance counselor in a led session or some shit. So you might have a lot of kids that either get accepted but never planned on going, or get accepted but forego college altogether. 

If you never wanted to go... why are you here?

• Like 3

On 6/2/2019 at 9:50 PM, HtownHorn said:

These fuckers are so hilarious when it comes to the TV thing.

Texas averaged a 2.7 share and over 4.2M their 11 non LHN games.

aggy averaged a 1.8 and 3.0M over their 10 non SECN games.

The only times those fuckers beat Texas in the ratings was week 4, when we beat TCU and they lost at Alabama.

Texas also had 3 games rated higher than their peak rated game against Bama. The RRR, Big 12 CG, and Sugar Bowl.

Texas nearly had twice the amount of total viewers in their 3 highest rated games compared to aggy, 29.2M to 15.3M.

I posted this shit like months back after I did a comparison, but apparently we need to be reminded just how lopsided the TV Ratings were in favor of Texas last year. 

I'm not a math guy, but thankfully excel makes life easy. So lets just go ahead and blow this fucking bullshit about eyeballs in the Big 12 vs. the SEC right out of the fucking water. Or at the very least, lets go ahead and examine the general drawing power of our program versus their program, regardless of network. First, lets go ahead and get my source of this information out of the way: http://www.sportsmediawatch.com/college-football-tv-ratings/

Total # of Viewers for the entire 2018 season, including championship games and bowls (all #s in Millions, including streaming where reported):

Texas: 54.401 
aTm: 27.081 

Total # of regular Season viewers, removing bowl games and championship games:

Texas: 30.804
aTm: 21.939

Average Viewers Per Game:

Texas: 4.185
aTm: 3.009

Average Viewers Per Game Removing CCGs and Bowls:

Texas: 2.8
aTm: 2.74

So by EVERY fucking metric, be it total viewers, average viewers, removing CCGs (Because aTm sucks and played in none) as well as bowl viewing (because aTm played in a shittier one with less appeal) Texas comes out ahead. Fuck, if you want to grab the aTm narrative of shitty TV contracts, and shitty networks, and shitty start times, hell, we whipped their ass despite an overwhelming handicap. So fuck them. And it gets even more interesting. That webpage, only listed 8 regular season televised games, versus 10 for UT. Now, is that because aTm plays 2 fucking pathetic non P5 out of conference games? Of course it fucking does, and of course that's fucking why. Games against Nichols St and the Northwestern State Gaping Pussies weren't listed. So while that might have brought their totals down a bit, it sure as mother fuck would have brought their average viewers per game down even fucking more. 

Other fun facts: 13.3 million folks watched the Sugar Bowl, 10.3 million watched the B12 title game. aTm's highest viewed game of the season? Alabama at 5.65 million. Their second is the Gator Bowl at 5.142 million. Clemson was 4.48. aTm vs alabama did beat the Red River Shootout 5.65 to 5.08, but one was a noon game and the other was mid day. I'll let you guess which was which, and who the primary driver of of eyeballs was in that game. 

In short, either no one wants to watch aTm as much as Texas, or no one can find them on TV as easily as Texas. Pick one. Actually, fuck it, the answer is both and everyone but those dunderheads knows the truth. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

I posted this shit like months back after I did a comparison, but apparently we need to be reminded just how lopsided the TV Ratings were in favor of Texas last year. 

Who gives a shit what you did. I will never comprehend the amount of sand in one's vagina over hunting down random posts just to say I posted this first.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Like 2

8 hours ago, Drunk Stoner said:

If you never wanted to go... why are you here?

I'm thinking he's a local kid that wanted to get out from under his parents watchful eye so he would be free to partake in premarital sex, take drugs, and drink copious amounts of alcohol 

Edited by Go Pokes

This guy might be the perfect Aggie ad. He is a snake, full of shit. Will play 2nd fiddle to Johnny Sharp and allow him to continue playing god. Will never attempt to manage Jimbo or fb. Clear the path needed to accelerate their "commitment" to fb in an attempt to compete with Georgia and bama. 

53 minutes ago, Machinator said:

yep, FULL for nearly next decade

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

22 minutes ago, tejas60 said:

it's missing a whole bunch of Southland Conference regulars 

On 6/2/2019 at 9:59 PM, Randolph Duke said:

26 years without a win in a CWS game. 

When the ags last won a CWS game, their current head coach was fresh out of college and working as an assistant coach at a small, private school. None of the other members of their baseball coaching staff was even out of junior high school. 

I was at the game.  They beat fucking Kansas, IIRC. 

• Like 1

How much of the Ole Miss athletic budget increase had nothing to do with the SEC tv contract, a tv contract which ole Ross had nothing to with? How very aggy of him, claiming credit for something he had nothing to do with. #aggylifestyle

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, tejas60 said:

Three years in the SEC is like a decade in another conference, ya stupid sip! 

Oh, man, they're playing App State?  GO EERS!

If they had the balls to make that one a home-and-home, I guarantee you I'd be heading to Boone to watch 'em at altitude. That would be the only aggy game you could convince me to see, at this point, because otherwise, I am done with those clowns for all time.

43 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Oh, man, they're playing App State?  GO EERS!

If they had the balls to make that one a home-and-home, I guarantee you I'd be heading to Boone to watch 'em at altitude. That would be the only aggy game you could convince me to see, at this point, because otherwise, I am done with those clowns for all time.

I went to an App State last year in Boone when they played Troy State.  Froze my butt off.  Rabid fan base but the whole presentation was a bit over the top.

51 minutes ago, mininghorn88 said:

I went to an App State last year in Boone when they played Troy State.  Froze my butt off.  Rabid fan base but the whole presentation was a bit over the top.

Kid Brewer is damn cold starting mid October. 

That first cool front that comes around OU weekend is when first freeze is in Boone. 

Edited by ShaggyBevo RIP

3 hours ago, Machinator said:

It was the third of June, another sleepy, dusty Delta day
I was out choppin' cotton, and my brother was balin' hay
And at dinner time we stopped and walked back to the house to eat
And mama hollered out the back door, y'all, remember to wipe your feet
And then she said, I got some news this mornin' from Choctaw Ridge
Today, Billy Joe MacAllister jumped off the Tallahatchie Bridge...

and Bjork became new AD!

Edited by Cairn Horn88
  • Like 2

There was an article in The Athletic about football scheduling in the SEC the other day, the gist of which was that SEC teams are under the directive to boost the number of p5 teams they play if they are serious about being playoff contenders.

The SEC office made a presentation on national scheduling at a meeting of the conference’s athletic directors in January 2018. The message was that in the age of the playoff and dwindling attendance the trend would move toward playing 10 “quality” FBS teams per year. (In other words, teams in Power 5 conferences plus stronger Group of 5 teams.)

“That’s been a point of observation and encouragement,” SEC commissioner Greg Sankey said this week at SEC meetings. “We’ve said, even to coaches, you need to be looking at playing that number. Because the full message from the College Football Playoff committee is we’re going to look at a team’s complete schedule.”

Georgia coach Kirby Smart, who spearheads his program’s scheduling philosophy, has taken that to heart. Whether or not the playoff expands to eight — and Smart isn’t sure whether it will — he figures schedule strength will be a factor.

“The naysayers will say an extra loss is going to cost you,” Smart said. “My argument is the men in that room, the women in that room that are on that committee are going to have to balance somebody that goes out and plays three nonconference Power 5 teams. We felt strongly it was important to do it.”

But the attendance problems are real. That’s across college football, where attendance during the 2018 season fell to a 22-year low, per CBSsports, and even in the passionate SEC. Nevermind just the officially announced figures. The actual attendance — people who show up, based on gate receipts that day — show a reluctance by fans to attend weaker games. At Georgia, the average actual attendance for power-conference games between 2015-17 was 76,942, but the actual attendance for other games was only 68,754.

There’s still a long way to go for the SEC to achieve everyone having 10 upper-tier games per season. Georgia will have that setup in 2019 and 2020 and then from 2022 through 2033. Florida will face 10 Power 5 opponents in 2019 and then again from 2028-31, and South Carolina will have 10 such opponents in 2019 and 2023.

But when you examine the future schedules, it’s easy to identify which SEC programs expect to be in playoff contention: Georgia has its murderer’s row, Alabama has scheduled home-and-homes with Texas, Notre Dame, West Virginia and Oklahoma, LSU has home-and-homes with Texas, Oklahoma, Clemson and UCLA, and so on. There are also numerous neutral-site games.

The sense around these meetings is more such marquee series will be added, sooner rather than later. As Byrne put it:

“We need to schedule games that are good for college football.”

My favorite aspect of the article was that it made zero mention of aggy. https://theathletic.com/1005046/2019/06/02/sec-nonconference-scheduling-philosophy-changes/

Edited by Chopper