Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

1 hour ago, GotThatFire said:

There’s plenty of stuff to make fun of them for. Something awesome like that isn’t one of them. 

But we can and should mock them for having such a culture of enforced conformity that those who are different are just now in 2019 being embraced as having a place in their culture. 

When mainstream aggys understand mocking “2 percenters” has long been a stain on aggy culture, it will be a moment of progress. 

• Like 1

• Replies 72k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

3 hours ago, GotThatFire said:

There’s plenty of stuff to make fun of them for. Something awesome like that isn’t one of them. 

Can we use this as a vehicle to make fun of them for everything else? As in "so what they are really saying is they are just letting even more freshman?"

• Like 1

Jimbo catches no heat for the type of program he runs. Last off-season his staff almost killed an OL, the racist LB exposed how they cheat the mandated hours, his first photo as coach was with uncle Ro Simon, you don't have to attend class. Ever and still graduate as a fb player...His teams will always have a large contingent of bad seeds.

Not just aggy here, but do these things not piss you off like it does me?

A chance to play in the NFL, and if you suck you still make $480k as a rookie. If you are good get 8 figures.

Yet you put your hands on a female. You fucking dumbass. Have fun at Sam's Club working the early shift at $12 an hour.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, GotThatFire said:

True. And the program also raises the average IQ on campus at aggy.

Unfortunately the academic rigor the students in the program experience will drop from what they’re used to. 

Edited by Tex Pete
  • Like 6
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, markstanco said:

Not just aggy here, but do these things not piss you off like it does me?

A chance to play in the NFL, and if you suck you still make $480k as a rookie. If you are good get 8 figures.

Yet you put your hands on a female. You fucking dumbass. Have fun at Sam's Club working the early shift at $12 an hour.

That famous aggy grad job network will get him at least $12.50/hour at Sam's Club.

10 hours ago, markstanco said:
19 hours ago, GotThatFire said:

Agree, that's pretty bad ass.

Is it? I mean I am all for providing services to this population but is that really the job of major four year Universities? I thought those were supposed to be for elite students. I am just not sure how I feel about it.

Edited by Valmy77
  • Like 2

10 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Is it? I mean I am all for providing services to this population but is that really the job of major four year Universities? I thought those were supposed to be for elite students. I am just not sure how I feel about it.

Dude, we're talking about a&m here.  

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, TrashMaster G said:

Dude, we're talking about a&m here.  

I guess I am still stuck in the old pre-Rick Perry mindset that A&M is this great school with a few weird aspects. Now I guess it wants to be giant community college and general state service provider while also trying to be a first class university. Well I guess if they can do everything at once it will be instructive to the rest of us.

I mean why not run a big program for high school dropouts at UT? People could come in and UT could help them get their GEDs and prepare them for future employment and they can join all the clubs and take the classes and UT could treat them like real UT students and they could fulfill their dreams of being at a top University and we would be providing this great service to the state. But...is that really something that UT should be doing? Granted that would be completely impractical with campus now surrounded by a massive city with no place to fit more people on campus, but that was just a mental exercise.

Edited by Valmy77
  • Like 2

Rick Perry with the lulz. What a maroon.

WASHINGTON — At Rick Perry's Energy Department, liquefied natural gas now has a patriotic pseudonym: "freedom gas."

The new nickname was revealed on Wednesday by one of the former Texas governor's under secretaries, Mark Menezes, who used the phrase in a mostly mundane Energy Department news release about expanding LNG exports from a southeast Texas terminal.

"Increasing export capacity from the Freeport LNG project is critical to spreading freedom gas throughout the world by giving America's allies a diverse and affordable source of clean energy," Menezes said.

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/energy/2019/05/30/rick-perrys-energy-department-dubs-liquefied-natural-gas-freedom-gas

20 hours ago, texifornia said:

I can't imagine a better campus for such a worthy program

D71qXtiWsAAYKAE.jpg

From the secrant thread where aggy posted how proud he was of his school:

Too bad that wasn’t available while Johnny was in school.

So now Daniel can actually graduate from A&M?
Mississippi State has had that program for years. Welcome aboard.

Edited by Chopper

2 hours ago, texifornia said:

Holy shit, I too thought that must have just been a clickbait headline. Comparing natural gas to WWII soldiers YIKES.

This is only a transition phase to the final destination:

aggygas

They will soon begin putting their brands on the side of the stadium wall, e.g. aggy State Forest Service, etc.

Also in the Hall of Air.

In fact, they could fill the Hall of Air with aggygas.

Brilliant.

aggy is so dumb. Do they not understand ESPN still picked up a Texas game, in Austin, in primetime, where Gameday is most likely going to be?  Do they not realize last year gameday was at the Cotton Bowl? I am missing where this is a haha moment at Texas. https://texags.com/forums/6/topics/3038590

So,per the Big XII contract, in odd numbered years (here)

http://mattsarzsports.com/Contract/GameList/Big12/2019#.XPFM3YhKjcs

Quote:
Big 12 selection order for each week will be determined via a draft of weeks before the season. In even numbered years, FOX will retain the top choice of weeks and in odd numbered years, ESPN wiil have it.

ESPN/ABC has the first pick the biggest game of the year it wants in the Big 12. This year it happened to think it was LSU/Texas instead of the biggest conference game of OU/Texas, which was left to Fox at 11 AM. I guess ABC wanted a prime time game instead of a sheety 11 AM game.

Aggie12B said:
Down by 7 going to the bottom of the 9th and we DID manage to get the tying runner to the plate. At least the team didn't give up like a lot of posters did beginning on page 5 of the thread

Does it really about to a hill of beans if a poster on some web site gives up or not? Does it affect the team or something?

12 hours ago, Dennis Taylor said:

so Figurelli is reviled over there too I see

A little bit.  

by all means keep trolling and downvoting these poor kids with disabilities. wouldn’t expect any different from a waste of oxygen like yourself

This. 100%  

The only thing more despicable would be slinging racial slurs at a rival school’s recruits on Twitter.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

This is only a transition phase to the final destination:

aggygas

They will soon begin putting their brands on the side of the stadium wall, e.g. aggy State Forest Service, etc.

Also in the Hall of Air.

In fact, they could fill the Hall of Air with aggygas.

Brilliant.

Perhaps they'll bottle it and sell it at games....or put it in a 12-pack.

13 minutes ago, TexasMan said:

aggy wins again. Sheesh. 

D8D_pKvXsAAjPw-.jpg

D8D_p7OWsAIXxOT.jpg

D8D_q1JWsAEu2Z8.png

Stuff like this is why “aggy jokes” exist. They don’t realize that we were still ESPN’s first choice, aggys are relegated to a 2:30 time slot against the defending national champions on the same day while we get prime time, and that a game like this happens once every 10-15 years, not every season like the TX-OU game.

• Like 4

I can’t even imagine being such a fucking loser that I would have to pick apart every word written about OU and try to twist it around to put them in a bad light. It’s one my favorite things about aggy. They so desperately want to be seen as UTs equal.

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

20 minutes ago, Go Pokes said:

I can’t even imagine being such a fucking loser that I would have to pick apart every word written about OU and try to twist it around to put them in a bad light. It’s one my favorite things about aggy. They so desperately want to be seen as UTs equal.

Plus, aggy makes it easy. Box of rocks can aggy. 

According to the study, here are the top 20 hardest colleges to get into in the state of Texas:

1. Rice University
  2. University of Texas-Austin
  3. Southern Methodist University
  4. Trinity University
  5. Texas Christian University
  6. Houston Baptist University
  7. Baylor University
  8. LeTourneau University
  9. Southwestern University
  10. University of Texas-Dallas
  11. Austin College
  12. Dallas Baptist University
  13. Abilene Christian University
  14. Texas Wesleyan University
  15. Texas A&M University-Galveston
  16. Texas A&M University
  17. University of Houston
  18. University of Houston-Clear Lake
  19. Hardin-Simmons University
  20. Texas Tech University

https://www.click2houston.com/news/hardest-colleges-to-get-into-in-texas

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Beau Vine said:

According to the study, here are the top 20 hardest colleges to get into in the state of Texas:

1. Rice University
  2. University of Texas-Austin
  3. Southern Methodist University
  4. Trinity University
  5. Texas Christian University
  6. Houston Baptist University
  7. Baylor University
  8. LeTourneau University
  9. Southwestern University
  10. University of Texas-Dallas
  11. Austin College
  12. Dallas Baptist University
  13. Abilene Christian University
  14. Texas Wesleyan University
  15. Texas A&M University-Galveston
  16. Texas A&M University
  17. University of Houston
  18. University of Houston-Clear Lake
  19. Hardin-Simmons University
  20. Texas Tech University

https://www.click2houston.com/news/hardest-colleges-to-get-into-in-texas

Niche.com better get ready for the most spectacularly coordinated boycott they've ever experienced.