Tell Me About Texas a&m

MrPhlegm

3 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Speaking of Star Trek, when's your bon voyage back to civilization? I assume you're upgrading to a town with at least 3-4 thousand individual brains and no Borg hive mind, right?

All depends on how quickly I can sell my house. We've already picked out our new little patch of heaven; if I can close before the end of June, we'll leave then. If not, it'll be delayed until August 1st. Which is okay, really. Once the students leave, this town is no less intolerable than any other strip-mall stuffed slice of generica with no landmarks and less charm.

• Like 1

• Replies 72k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

2 hours ago, SydneyCarton said:

You just don't fucking get it, your stupid t-sip. Being an Aggy is about supporting Aggy culture, and that includes Aggy branded business. Freebirds? Fuck yes, that is some aggy owned and operated shit. Buc-ee's makes the best goddamn gas stations and bathrooms man has ever seen, and you're goddamn right I'll pinch the tip of my dick like an angry crawdad and drive an extra 45 minutes just to give them my money. And sometimes that money is for a new pair of jorts because I piss'd the set I was wearin'.

Dixie Chicken is universally beloved as a part of Aggy Lore and College Station life. It's like consuming a little piece of Texas A&M when I cant find me a sheeps asshole to eat. Tra. Dition. But you wouldn't know anything about consumer loyalty, you fehg. Whoop!

Well, Freebirds is actually from the land of fruits and nuts, founded by a Gaucho. Is that Californian for aggy?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freebirds_World_Burrito

All depends on how quickly I can sell my house. We've already picked out our new little patch of heaven; if I can close before the end of June, we'll leave then. If not, it'll be delayed until August 1st. Which is okay, really. Once the students leave, this town is no less intolerable than any other strip-mall stuffed slice of generica with no landmarks and less charm.

You could always pose as an aggy and rent it to the students.

4 hours ago, nnm said:

Well, Freebirds is actually from the land of fruits and nuts, founded by a Gaucho. Is that Californian for aggy?

That is amazing. I guess everytime A&M grads claim something about their school I need to fact check it, I just assumed they had no reason to lie about the founding of a mediocre burrito chain.

8 hours ago, ChiTownDoc said:

First year few days of med school, you're kind of getting to know everybody...  After the white coat ceremony about 12 of us are at a random table.  So out of the blue, one guy pipes up and takes his ring off and gets into an elaborate story.  The other 10 or so people at the table (he was there with his Mom - we all had family, no big deal there) are intently listening.  He doesn't get 2 min in and I'm having trouble containing my laughter.  I finally acted like I was having a coughing fit and excused myself to grab another beer.  I had to wait the next 15 min to return.  He held everyone hostage with some story about how special that ring was.  The reason I laughed so hard is because I had heard for years how fucking nuts these people are...but I assumed things were REALLY exaggerated and there's no way they were that fucking insane.  Well here we are, meeting my first aggy in a public setting and BOOM, he goes full aggy.  

CSB?

That is a CSB.

What year are we talking here?

10 hours ago, markstanco said:

Ha...two aggy friends claim freebirds as an aggy creation.

Kind of the same thing here and was urged to try it by the same friends.    And they still thump their chest about being the first in the state to have one.  

My wife ( a very hot Latina and no pics)  describes it as glorified Taco Bell.   She's probably correct.  

14 hours ago, nnm said:

9 hours ago, Valmy77 said:

That is amazing. I guess everytime A&M grads claim something about their school I need to fact check it, I just assumed they had no reason to lie about the founding of a mediocre burrito chain.

10 hours ago, markstanco said:

Ha...two aggy friends claim freebirds as an aggy creation.

And now you get (part) of the point of my post. I once knew a kid that grew up in Bryan and went to UT that was shocked Double Daves was in other places. He thought it was an Aggy thing. 

3 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

Kind of the same thing here and was urged to try it by the same friends.    And they still thump their chest about being the first in the state to have one.  

My wife ( a very hot Latina and no pics)  describes it as glorified Taco Bell.   She's probably correct.  

I dont believe you about your wife being hot.  

However, it isnt bad at all to me.  Their bowls are where it is at.

3 minutes ago, markstanco said:

I dont believe you about your wife being hot.  

However, it isnt bad at all to me.  Their bowls are where it is at.

Lol!   

I don't think it's that bad either and my kids like the place, so if we are in the area we will go there if I get outvoted.   If we are in the shopping center where the Freebirds is located, I would rather go to  next door to Five Guys for that quick bite to eat and my diet be damned for day.  I love their fries that are fried in peanut oil. 

49 minutes ago, lonestar3 said:

That is a CSB.

What year are we talking here?

1 hour ago, Leanderman said:

Would be a riot if he lost his ring inside of some poor slob during an operation.

He knows his limits as an aggy.  Became a pathologist.  And he’s actually a nice guy, just don’t bring up anything aggy.  

21 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

giphy.gif

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Back before there were franchises in the Texas Union, they served a burrito remarkably similar to what you can get at Freebirds. It was quite literally the only thing that I liked there, in fact. Freebirds is good, for what it is -- fast food burritos. But to hang your hat on it as some sort of cultural mainstay, even if it were factual (and, aggy being aggy, that should never be assumed), that's just silly.

Anyway, that style of burrito is a California thing, pure and simple, no ifs, ands, or buts. For aggy to claim it is just one more example of collective dementia.

• Like 2

And here we go, I present to you the quintessential Aggy land grab, much like their conference and national championships. My favorite parts are bolded below, but TLDNR, the college station Freebirds was SPECIAL. 

https://texags.com/forums/12/topics/1815852

Quote:Freebirds was started in California and owned by non aggies

The original Freebirds was and is in California, but was only the same in name compared to the Freebirds as we know it in College Station. At least as I understood it from friends that actually went there to compare. That is up until if was franchised out and the franchise took over the original as well. 

Pierre nor his partner in the original were Aggies. I was told that College Station was picked through some market survey of successability, though that may have just been employee rumor. No idea why Pierre sold out, I assume the money was too much to refuse. 

Maybe if Racer X is lurking around out there still he can help shed some light on the subject.

Edited by SydneyCarton
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, SydneyCarton said:

And here we go, I present to you the quintessential Aggy land grab, much like their conference and national championships:

https://texags.com/forums/12/topics/1815852

Quote:Freebirds was started in California and owned by non aggies

The original Freebirds was and is in California, but was only the same in name compared to the Freebirds as we know it in College Station. At least as I understood it from friends that actually went there to compare. That is up until if was franchised out and the franchise took over the original as well. 

Pierre nor his partner in the original were Aggies. I was told that College Station was picked through some market survey of successability, though that may have just been employee rumor. No idea why Pierre sold out, I assume the money was too much to refuse. 

Maybe if Racer X is lurking around out there still he can help shed some light on the subject.

Lolololol, so their claim that Freebirds is an aggy company is actually that the first one that was franchised in Texas was given to an aggy?

Holy fucking shit. That is rich!

No claim, no matter how obscure, refutable, and obviously full of shit, will lack for "evidence" in aggyland, I assure you. One of the defining elements of a cult is that all arguments, when reduced ad absurdam, will involve appeals to authority, and the authority in question will be unapproachable. For aggy, that will always be the anonymous aggy (or, sometimes, the conveniently dead aggy) whose unimpeachable character renders their testimony (hearsay or not) truer than a tautological truth.

I have seriously spoken with more rational communists, more rational religious fanatics, and more rational schizophrenics than what I encounter on a daily basis with devotees to the aggy religion.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Burt Macklin said:

Lolololol, so their claim that Freebirds is an aggy company is actually that the first one that was franchised in Texas was given to an aggy?

I love the notion that a bunch of fucking knob slobbing lunatics took a trip to Cali to compare Freebird's franchises. To naturally prove without a doubt that they are different and college station and aTm made the locations superior. Things never overheard among my friends"

"Hey, do we want to go to Vegas in the fall? Gambling on cards and college sports is always fun."
"Fuck that, lets travel to the original Freebird's in California so we can see how Aggy gets the job DONE SON compared to those Cali fehgs!"
"FUCK YEAH BROTATO!"

Fucking. Weirdos. 

For the record, aggy actually does have a claim to fame in the fast counter service food line, but it's not Freebirds. It's "Potato Shack".

And they ought to be proud of it, for what it is:  it's a baked potato fast food counter. It doesn't suck. Good job, aggy. If they would stick to what they actually do well, they could be recognized for actual accomplishments -- they are, institutionally, some of the best of the mediocre in so many, many categories. No shame in being in the 51st percentile. Good job, aggy!

5 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

No claim, no matter how obscure, refutable, and obviously full of shit, will lack for "evidence" in aggyland, I assure you. One of the defining elements of a cult is that all arguments, when reduced ad absurdam, will involve appeals to authority, and the authority in question will be unapproachable. For aggy, that will always be the anonymous aggy (or, sometimes, the conveniently dead aggy) whose unimpeachable character renders their testimony (hearsay or not) truer than a tautological truth.

I have seriously spoken with more rational communists, more rational religious fanatics, and more rational schizophrenics than what I encounter on a daily basis with devotees to the aggy religion.

Este.

"At least as I understood it from friends...I was told...though that may have just been employee rumor..."

Yeah, none of that is true.  One aggy lies, enters the hive mind... accepted aggy lore.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, texifornia said:

California has Aggies - UC Davis. Fun school, hot girls, good at winemaking.

Ehhhh. Think you’re overrating UC Davis a bit there. 

Have a couple friends that went there.  Fun school to visit, sure, but not to attend and their talent isn’t any better than most other schools. A lot of commuters and a lot of kids who are there to play school. 

5 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

Ehhhh. Think you’re overrating UC Davis a bit there. 

Have a couple friends that went there.  Fun school to visit, sure, but not to attend and their talent isn’t any better than most other schools. A lot of commuters and a lot of kids who are there to play school. 

I only ever visited up from the Bay for the weekend, so yeah that checks out.

1 hour ago, Walden Ponderer said:

For the record, aggy actually does have a claim to fame in the fast counter service food line, but it's not Freebirds. It's "Potato Shack".

And they ought to be proud of it, for what it is:  it's a baked potato fast food counter. It doesn't suck. Good job, aggy. If they would stick to what they actually do well, they could be recognized for actual accomplishments -- they are, institutionally, some of the best of the mediocre in so many, many categories. No shame in being in the 51st percentile. Good job, aggy!

so they can count to potato...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Walden Ponderer said:

Back before there were franchises in the Texas Union, they served a burrito remarkably similar to what you can get at Freebirds. It was quite literally the only thing that I liked there, in fact. Freebirds is good, for what it is -- fast food burritos. But to hang your hat on it as some sort of cultural mainstay, even if it were factual (and, aggy being aggy, that should never be assumed), that's just silly.

Anyway, that style of burrito is a California thing, pure and simple, no ifs, ands, or buts. For aggy to claim it is just one more example of collective dementia.

I miss those burritos.  I loved getting that and the cheap refill on my insulated Union mug.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Burt Macklin said:

not surprising at all. Hell they were given the George Bush Library, and they literally claimed his corpse. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, texifornia said:

California has Aggies - UC Davis. Fun school, hot girls, good at winemaking.

What other states have Aggies other than California?   And they all can't be aggy like our aggy?   Or can they?  I'm surprised aggy didn't try to trademark aggy like they did the 12th man...

Off the top of my head..

New Mexico -1

New Mexico State 

Oklahoma -2

Oklahoma Panhandle State

Cameron University

1 hour ago, SydneyCarton said:

I love the notion that a bunch of fucking knob slobbing lunatics took a trip to Cali to compare Freebird's franchises. To naturally prove without a doubt that they are different and college station and aTm made the locations superior. Things never overheard among my friends"

"Hey, do we want to go to Vegas in the fall? Gambling on cards and college sports is always fun."
"Fuck that, lets travel to the original Freebird's in California so we can see how Aggy gets the job DONE SON compared to those Cali fehgs!"
"FUCK YEAH BROTATO!"

Fucking. Weirdos. 

Broritto

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Nueces River Rat said:

What other states have Aggies other than California?   And they all can't be aggy like our aggy?   Or can they?  I'm surprised aggy didn't try to trademark aggy like they did the 12th man...

Off the top of my head..

New Mexico -1

New Mexico State 

Oklahoma -2

Oklahoma Panhandle State

Cameron University

Utah State

28 minutes ago, Valmy77 said:

Utah State

According to Wiki:

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Telegraph_it said:

Told an Aggie coworker Pinkertons is owned by a UT grad. I hope I ruined it for him. Which would be stupid but this thread. 

Grant isn't just a UT grad. He's a die hard UT grad. Dude bleeds orange and supports UT in multiple ways. He's a great guy. So yeah, I hope it's ruined for your buddy. 

Edited by SydneyCarton

10 minutes ago, Texas007 said:

According to Wiki:

LSU????   That's one I never heard about.  

12 minutes ago, Texas007 said:

According to Wiki:

Lulz at UConn and LSU

3 minutes ago, SydneyCarton said:

Grant isn't just a UT grad. He's a die hard UT grad. Dude bleeds orange and supports UT in multiple ways. He's a great guy. So yeah, I hope it's ruined for your buddy. 

Hey man, do you mind? It's one of the ways we'll get back Harvey money. 

3 minutes ago, Machinator said:

HahahahaX5

Because...

A ) their defense was so good last year that other teams are trying to steal him away?

or

B ) he's so desperate to get out of there that they need to pay him more to keep him from applying for every DC job that becomes available?

13 minutes ago, Modessit said:

Because...

A ) their defense was so good last year that other teams are trying to steal him away?

or

B ) he's so desperate to get out of there that they need to pay him more to keep him from applying for every DC job that becomes available?

I mean, you know the answer to that question is Yes, right?

There's rarely either/or situations when it comes to Aggy, just reality and the next fabrication they tell themselves while they unconsciously clutch their blankie at night. Also, you know it's important to them that Elko make more than Orlando. When Herman gets a big fucking raise in 1-2 years, and the coordinators with it, they're going to shit themselves making sure they pay their guys more. Just watch. 

Edited by SydneyCarton

4 hours ago, Walden Ponderer said:

tenor.gif?itemid=13618756

• Like 4
  • Haha 1