• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Randolph Duke

• Longboard Horn

• Deej

• Cairn Horn88

On 5/14/2019 at 12:23 PM, C-Man said:

Do these rubes not understand that Clemson's offense is COMPLETELY different with Trevor Lawrence than it was with Kelly Bryant and that they played Clemson in Week 2 (or 3)? Lawrence is going to tear aggy's secondary to shreds.

This.  Is there a GALACTIC REP button we can add to the surl?  This would be the alpha workflow for UX on said feature.  Lawrence is the next Mahomes.  SEC-ready.

Edited by Hagbard Celine
spelling derp

10 minutes ago, supermyles said:

How could anyone think this is a good idea? 

It looks like the lower section was old and the upper section was added later and maybe it just wasn't worth the money to demolish it. Then being up to code required them to add the handrails. Hilarity ensued.

• Haha 1

On 5/14/2019 at 12:44 PM, Leanderman said:

Clemson has a lot to prove that last year was no fluke. Here is hoping they gomers get their turds pushed in long, deep, and repeatedly.

tenor.gif

Clemson has been in the CFP the last four years, the title game three of the last four and won two of the last three championships. They ain't got shit to prove to the Gomers -- or anybody else for that matter.

1 hour ago, Valmy77 said:

It looks like the lower section was old and the upper section was added later and maybe it just wasn't worth the money to demolish it. Then being up to code required them to add the handrails. Hilarity ensued.

Nope. Went in that way when their rec sports center was first built. That's all aggy.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Iowa Horn said:
  Reveal hidden contents

New Northgate Bar Bursts Onto Scene and Puts the Cock in Craft Cocktails

By Benjamin Dover benjamin.dover@theeagle.com  May 15, 2019

Howdy, Aggies!  Unless you’ve been hiding under a rock lately, surely you’ve heard about “Mason’s Jar” – College Station’s white-hot new venue that has injected some real stuff into Northgate’s otherwise flaccid food and drink scene.  Situated on prime real estate next to the world-famous Dixie Chicken (with convenient backdoor entry provided), Mason’s Jar is THE new place for Fightin’ Texas Aggies to get their jizz fix – but this time in a public setting! 

Proprietor Greg Hood (BS, ’82) describes Mason’s Jar as Aggieland’s first semen-based craft cocktail bar.  Hs says the seed for this concept was planted deep within him back when he was in the Corps of Cadets.  “We felt the pump was primed and had a hunch this concept would explode right out of the gate.”  Hood said locals have been flocking to his bar every night of the week since its grand opening last month the day after Aggie Muster.

Their signature drink is the “Johnny’s Wad”, an innovative variation of a Vodka and RedBull but with a savory twist.  In his new post-football career as mixologist-in-chief, let’s just say Manziel doesn’t just lend his name to the drink!

Customers have also been frothing at the mouth to try whimsical concoctions such as the “Kreme & Kow”, “Ol’ Sarge”, and “Slo-cum Fizz”, as well as “The Whip Out” which in turn has spawned the “Hand Fashioned”.

Even your basic rum & coke – re-branded as the “RC Special” - has been modified to use RC Cola, of course, but also is dosed following a recipe Hood has meticulously traced back to Rick Perry’s days in legendary Corps Squadron 6.

As evidence of their rapid surge in popularity, Hood tells the story of their opening day.  “We had a Now Hiring sign in the window.  Naturally when you’re starting out, the last thing you want is to come up short-handed, so I humbly asked the Aggie Network, ‘Can you help me with this?’.  Well, I’m proud to say that within just one hour, not only had every opening been filled, but we even had Cadets by the dozen eagerly marching right up and offering free contributions to our inventory.”

It is clear Hood can barely contain his enthusiasm for the actions of his fellow Corpsmen that day, as he gushes, “We knew we had to do something to honor all those men who came in our time of need.  That’s literally the genesis of what turned out to be our best-selling menu item, the “12th Man”.  Think of it as the Texas Aggies’ answer to the Long Island Iced Tea – I mean, it goes down so smooth, it’ll get you in trouble in a real hurry if you don’t watch out” Hood said with a twinkle in his eye, adding “It is the one type of tea that is perfectly acceptable for sippin’ in the Brazos Valley!”

Time will tell whether Mason’s Jar will have staying power, or if its upward ascendency will peak prematurely like so many Texas A&M football seasons.  But judging by the number of “Dang, why didn’t I think of thats” heard muttered by passers-by, it seems likely that Mason’s Jar is on the precipice of becoming Aggieland’s newest tradition.

New Northgate Bar Bursts Onto Scene and Puts the Cock in Craft Cocktails

By Benjamin Dover benjamin.dover@theeagle.com  May 15, 2019

Howdy, Aggies!  Unless you’ve been hiding under a rock lately, surely you’ve heard about “Mason’s Jar” – College Station’s white-hot new venue that has injected some real stuff into Northgate’s otherwise flaccid food and drink scene. 

I need to see a link for this.  Otherwise, well-crafted, but you missed the opportunity to use the word "ejected" in lieu of "injected".

those stairs look like shit you see on fucked up architecture webpages when the third world does renovations

and I am still amazed how shitty their stajium turned out especially where it meets that huge existing end zone.....that spent all that money years ago to make that end zone seating so that it would match a new stajium's set of main stands then they kept all of the old shit on one side and the new side does not match the end zone either on the large existing side

looks like total shit from the interior

Nope. Went in that way when their rec sports center was first built. That's all aggy.

Even funnier thing is that the contractor followed the plans to a T knowing something wasn’t right from the design. They’re such automatons, nobody thought to take a second and ask if this was right before plowing ahead. That whole university needs to be nuked from orbit. Only way to be sure.

2 hours ago, Hagbard Celine said:

I need to see a link for this.  Otherwise, well-crafted, but you missed the opportunity to use the word "ejected" in lieu of "injected".

Mm, good catch!  But you can't blame the reporter.  After all - ejected, injected, ejaculated are all terms that Aggy use interchangibly.

On 5/14/2019 at 11:11 AM, SwanderedTalent said:

I stopped thinking I could predict football games with any special insight after our wet fart of a NO LUBE RAVENGE GAME!!! against Tech in 2009, so nothing will surprise me as long as Clemson wins. There's no reason A&M can't go out and play crazy "nothing to lose" football against a Clemson team that has its eye on bigger things and plays diffidently (like they did in the 2nd half last year) and keep it within 14. 

but I think if I could only pick one outcome, I'd go with Clemson 52, A&M 13, something like that. not because I think A&M is going to lose eight games or be mind-wrenchingly terrible but because Clemson seems like it literally gets better every single year and they MIGHT be annoyed hearing as much about A&M as they will leading up to the rematch

You just know one of these aggy is gonna spout off like, "We really beat them last year if it ain't for 1 call against us", media will run with it, and Dabo will have it as bulletin board material. 

those stairs look like shit you see on fucked up architecture webpages when the third world does renovations
and I am still amazed how shitty their stajium turned out especially where it meets that huge existing end zone.....that spent all that money years ago to make that end zone seating so that it would match a new stajium's set of main stands then they kept all of the old shit on one side and the new side does not match the end zone either on the large existing side
looks like total shit from the interior

“Best facilities”
They parrot that as much as they can. They truly believe that this mongoloid mismatched stadium with no straight lines is one of the best in the sport. Fish camp can indoctrinate people to see things they don’t see, but everybody can see this right??? How the fuck do they convince themselves that this looks good? Nobody can deny how ugly this stadium is.

You just know one of these aggy is gonna spout off like, "We really beat them last year if it ain't for 1 call against us", media will run with it, and Dabo will have it as bulletin board material. 
Then start printing out TexAgs because it's been posted there many times already.

12 hours ago, DaggerHorns said:

http://aggypedia.com/wiki/Kyle_Field

For the seats that have a bad ass view of the wall.

Wow.  So a section of the over priced, newly renovated stadium shakes so dangerously when they play the song "sandstorm" that they spent another $25M adding PVC pipes to direct the frequency down to the storm drains?   What in the fuck.  

Someone made a nice margin on that deal. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, C-Man said:

Even funnier thing is that the contractor followed the plans to a T knowing something wasn’t right from the design. They’re such automatons, nobody thought to take a second and ask if this was right before plowing ahead. That whole university needs to be nuked from orbit. Only way to be sure.

But at least when they re-built Frankenkyle, you could actually see the whole field from the upper decks, unlike when they added the ridiculous end zone monstrosity in the early ‘00s. I sat there in 2005, and it is absolutely true that the angle of the bleachers meant that you couldn’t see the whole near end zone from the upper deck. 

And there’s that whole “swimming pool being a few inches short” thing. I guess they thought they would set a lot of records and no one would notice the pool was shorter than everyone else’s...like their buses. 

45 minutes ago, Treefidy said:

Wow.  So a section of the over priced, newly renovated stadium shakes so dangerously when they play the song "sandstorm" that they spent another $25M adding PVC pipes to direct the frequency down to the storm drains?   What in the fuck.  

you think Sandstorm would be the Tech song

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, Tex Pete said:

But at least when they re-built Frankenkyle, you could actually see the whole field from the upper decks, unlike when they added the ridiculous end zone monstrosity in the early ‘00s. I sat there in 2005, and it is absolutely true that the angle of the bleachers meant that you couldn’t see the whole near end zone from the upper deck. 

And there’s that whole “swimming pool being a few inches short” thing. I guess they thought they would set a lot of records and no one would notice the pool was shorter than everyone else’s...like their buses. 

Yeah, I sat in that shithole addition back at the 1999 bonfire game.  The back half of the endzone was completely blocked from view.  aggy engineering at it's best

So they blatantly ripped off sandstorm from South Carolina?

Not surprised. Can't wait for the lawsuit against SC stating they used it first.
  • Like 1

Misleading headline. I mean, "Once an aggy, always an aggy," right?

Former A&M employee arrested on charge of hiding camera in restroom

COLLEGE STATION, Tex. (KBTX)- A former Texas A&M transportation employee was arrested Thursday for allegedly hiding a video camera inside a women's restroom, KBTX has confirmed.

Peter David Baty, 54, of College Station was booked into the Brazos County jail on a charge of Improper Photography or Video Recording in a Bathroom, according to online jail records.

Baty was a Texas A&M Transportation Services employee.

According to school officials, Baty hid the camera inside what appeared to be a phone charging device in a restroom at the Transit Building on Agronomy Road. The restroom, which the public does not have access to and is used mainly by employees working in the building, has a single toilet and sink.

Authorities are working to identify victims.

It is not yet clear how long the camera was there, but police say the investigation will seek to determine those details.

Baty had not been at work since the incident was discovered. He was scheduled to return to work Thursday, but resigned the day before.

“We will not tolerate invasions of privacy against members of our campus community. Not only is this behavior a criminal act but it is also deeply counter to the values we hold dear at Texas A&M University. We are fully cooperating with authorities," said Texas A&M President Michael K. Young.

1280x720_90318B00-UKCDR5.jpg

“We will not tolerate invasions of privacy against members of our campus community. Not only is this behavior a criminal act but it is also deeply counter to the values we hold dear at Texas A&M University. We are fully cooperating with authorities," said Texas A&M President Michael K. Young.

what deeply held, dear ATM values are counter to this weirdo bathroom shenanigans?  Just say it's a criminal act and move on.  No one gives a shit about your non-existent fake moral codes.